Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO's Replacement Parts Site

Comments

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,351
    You guys should just do what I do and open a new file on notepad or textedit while you're browsing, and copy and paste the item codes(they show them when you click on an item) and make a handy checklist for when you do your actual order and just search by item codes.  It's much faster, and less stressful since your meticulously crafted orders won't disappear at checkout.
    ^-This, I use Word. Copy the entire order into Word before submitting that way I also know what part I wanted by sight as many times their part descriptions are cryptic at best.
    Then if it dies and kicks me back to the main page for [email protected] I can go right back in, add every part in quickly and submit for it to appear in the cart. If you take too long on [email protected] it kicks you back to the main page. Why I do not know. So you have be quick about it.
    TheLoneTensor
  • mldj77mldj77 Philadelphia, PAMember Posts: 63
    So I'm pleasantly surprised. After several failed attempts with ordering on the Bricks & Pieces site, staying up all night, calling in the morning to be told my order was too large to take over the phone, I must email it. They actually got back to me today, a day later! I couldn't give the man my card number fast enough! I'm adding two more middle floors to my Café Corner. Even with the few parts I had to get on BrickLink, it cost me a fifth of what the sets are selling for. I guess in the end, it was worth the trouble.  :D
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,806
    You haven't got them yet! :-)
    andhe
  • MilseyMilsey UKMember Posts: 48
    Definitely charged me twice for my order, spoke to a nice lady in Customer Service yesterday and she emailed today to apologise and let me know the refund would be with me within 48 hours. I think it was something to do with the pre-authorisation thing but at least they've sorted it so I can order a few more parts this week. Does anyone know if you get double points on the pick a brick selection online?
    Milsey said:
    Definitely charged me twice for my order, spoke to a nice lady in Customer Service yesterday and she emailed today to apologise and let me know the refund would be with me within 48 hours. I think it was something to do with the pre-authorisation thing but at least they've sorted it so I can order a few more parts this week. Does anyone know if you get double points on the pick a brick selection online?
    You should get double points for PAB (as these are a regular order), but not for replacement parts (you get no points at all).
    Milsey
  • Renegade007cjhRenegade007cjh Essex, UKMember Posts: 683
    It really sounds like there are some mixed experiences being shared here and I straddle both now.

My first order turned up a couple of days ago, which took about 2 weeks from placing the order.  Only missing 2 x parts (but they were showing as "Waiting for New Stock" when I checked out, so not really expecting to ever get them.  Anyway, a nice mix of minifigure parts, including some Super Heroes, so am more than happy with that.

Tried to go back in for a second order today; spent a couple of hours merrily adding stuff, then went to checkout and it lost the lot!  :(  Fortunately I'd taken a copy of the data in the Summary page and dumped it into Excel, so not the end of the world... but not sure I can be bothered adding everything manually again right now, even with my list available.
    andhe
  • canon03canon03 USAMember Posts: 323
    I can see TLG needing a somewhat reasonable timeout on a session, but maybe they could add a countdown timer or a warning popup when approaching the timeout.
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    It does have a timeout, but that isn't what is happening to most people it sounds like (I know it wasn't what happened to me). I eventually deleted ALL cookies and browser history. My browser wouldn't let me delete cache for some reason, but after doing that it allowed me to place an order. But I tried it on 3 separate computers and it would only take me to the homepage, never to a cart with pieces in it until I deleted EVERYTHING. Very frustrating since I usually pull from my browser history for frequent websites (its quicker than bookmarking for me).

They told me to email them the parts also, but I was determined not to deal with actual people.

Also, it hasn't double charged me, but it continuously charges me more than what the actual website says the price is. Their response to that was "prices may fluctuate." So that means, it is a certain price when I put it in my cart, then it goes up when they charge me, then it fluctuates back to the original price after I've paid...how convenient for LEGO.
    What was amusing for me is the receipt of an email just yesterday telling me that and order I placed about 4 weeks ago, and received about 2 weeks ago, was recently picked and will be sent out to me.
  • Rolyat24Rolyat24 PA, USAMember Posts: 41
    I just received my order yesterday, about 2 weeks after I originally placed it. I was surprised by the speed, and it was most entirely accurate. They gave me 3 of one piece instead of 1, but I'm not going to complain about that! Overall an enjoyable (albeit expensive) experience. 10/10 will order again!
    Andor
  • mcvitiemcvitie Sheffield, EnglandMember Posts: 291
    Hey guys, I'm having trouble with 'Bricks & Pieces'. First time Ive been there in a while and noticed the new layout but the picture of the part/colour isn't showing, which is really annoying. Am I doing something wrong?
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    edited October 2015
    ^interestingly they just don't have some pieces on the site.  I was toying with bricklinking the mars rover but it has these two black axel pieces.  They feature in about 4 sets and are non existant on bricklink in the right colour.  If you search the technics sets on B&P the part isn't even listed. They have parts listed out of stock but it just doesn't appear.  Maybe this happening is actually more common than I thought!
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    There's a difference between a part being out of stock and one that is never likely to be in stock again. And it will make a difference which of these was true at the time the parts list was loaded.
    Plus, they don't list every part for every set. I'm guessing there are certain pieces they have limited supply of OR they just don't want people ordering certain parts in mass quantity and prefer to buy the set instead.
    madforLEGO
  • AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 794
    Sethro3 said:
    Also, it hasn't double charged me, but it continuously charges me more than what the actual website says the price is. Their response to that was "prices may fluctuate." So that means, it is a certain price when I put it in my cart, then it goes up when they charge me, then it fluctuates back to the original price after I've paid...how convenient for LEGO.
    Which is illegal in the EU - the total and final cost must be clear and unambiguous at the point of order, not at the point of despatch.
  • iamterryiamterry Member Posts: 158
    MattsWhat said:
    ^interestingly they just don't have some pieces on the site.  I was toying with bricklinking the mars rover but it has these two black axel pieces.  They feature in about 4 sets and are non existant on bricklink in the right colour.  If you search the technics sets on B&P the part isn't even listed. They have parts listed out of stock but it just doesn't appear.  Maybe this happening is actually more common than I thought!
    I did exactly what you're talking about successfully about 3 months ago.  I struggled to track the black steering joints (part 6571) down until I finally found 4 of them on ebay for £5 delivered. 

Thought that was a bit pricey until I saw what they cost on brickowl and bricklink - sometimes ebay is cheaper than the alternative lego parts stores!
    MattsWhat
    If you want a replacement part, you can't generally order a "mass quantity" - it's limited to the number in the set and further capped at 200.
    Although I agree with them not wanting to sell pieces, this doesn't make sense as they list all minifigures parts that are never for sale. They can list them and not sell them, leaving them out completely just seems confusing.
    @Iamterry As for picking up the black steering joints from eBay, that was a good purchase at £5!  In the end I got lucky and a mint condition (opened) turned up on the bay for £45. The brick link cost wasn't going to save me enough to not have the box and instructions for that price! (however much it hurts to spend over retail) Otherwise I would be biting your hand off for the spares! 
    MattsWhat said:
    Although I agree with them not wanting to sell pieces, this doesn't make sense as they list all minifigures parts that are never for sale. They can list them and not sell them, leaving them out completely just seems confusing.
    The way the site works has changed - it used to only have parts that were available. More recently, unavailable parts have been included. It's only confusing if comparing the old with the new. It's hardly likely that they are going to go back and update the old parts lists, as the end result is the same in any case.
    ^I hadn't noticed this change, but I guess I haven't really used the service that much as it's usually more expensive than brick link. I had noticed that the brick set %completion is always better for recent sets and as the data is pulled from the lego store this probably explains what's going on. Either way I guess we answered the original question!
  • mcvitiemcvitie Sheffield, EnglandMember Posts: 291

So, anyone else having trouble with the part/colour picture in the new layout...?

• koshkakoshka UK/SwedenMember Posts: 193
    I've experienced the various cache and inactive buttons that other people report but I've never had an order completely fail to complete before. I've been slowly collecting the bricks for the Taj Mahal and a customised version of the VW Beetle. I placed a Bricks and Pieces order in mid-August and assumed that the size of it might mean that it took longer than usual. I wasn't worried as I had a reference number and I could see an In Process message in my account. Finally chased it up this week only to be told that "it got stuck in our system and didn't get processed". They're very apologetic and gave me 250 VIP points but they've also said that I need to completely recreate the order (it was for over £100 and thousands of bricks). Does anyone have any recent experience of sending them a list and asking them to do it that way?
    Did anyone place a bricks and pieces order during double VIP points? I placed one with a keychain, and they seem to have given me double points in the keychain and then also single points on the parts. I wasn't expecting that at all, just on the keychain.
    I have not bought anything from bricks and pieces. Namely due to the fact that all the parts I want are shown as 'out of stock' online, which means I have to take some time to build a list of wanted parts and call them and hope they have them.

In my experience, the answer is no. If it doesn't show in stock, they say it is out of stock on the phone too. The only reason to phone is for stickers, or a nice chat!
  • Renegade007cjhRenegade007cjh Essex, UKMember Posts: 683
    I have not bought anything from bricks and pieces. Namely due to the fact that all the parts I want are shown as 'out of stock' online, which means I have to take some time to build a list of wanted parts and call them and hope they have them.

Unfortunately, a lot of the parts showing as "Out of Stock" have never been - and probably never will be - in stock... I don't know why these items are on there - maybe they're automatically brought across...? On well...
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 768
    edited November 2015
    They have some parts available on the missing bricks section which are not available on the buy bricks part. I tried ordering the armor piece 15086 from the chima fire Phoenix temple over the phone but the operator said it was licensed under ninjago even though it's from chima. What's weird is they're selling the other armor pieces from that line, just not that specific one. Didn't bother to ask why that was, cause it seems she woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Also, it seems they've limited the available parts in general, specially their minifigure heads from regular city sets. It's really annoying.

I've had my list cleared out upon checkout so many freakin times I just sleep on it sometimes. I'm not even sure what's going on with it. I've resorted to adding one item in the bag and checking out to see if it will work. Did it twice or thrice last night, and after it took me to the review order part, I just went back and proceeded to add the rest and it was fine after that. That glitch has been around for a couple of years now. They need to work on that as well as their parts availability and straighten out their licensed parts list.
    SlapNutsyoupunk
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    edited November 2015

• AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,807
    They have some parts available on the missing bricks section which are not available on the buy bricks part. I tried ordering the armor piece 15086 from the chima fire Phoenix temple over the phone but the operator said it was licensed under ninjago even though it's from chima. What's weird is they're selling the other armor pieces from that line, just not that specific one. Didn't bother to ask why that was, cause it seems she woke up on the wrong side of the bed.
    That's particularly baffling seeing as neither Ninjago nor Legends of Chima is a licensed theme, so that rule shouldn't even apply. I know LEGO Customer Service stocks Ninjago parts from when I got to visit their offices in Billund during the LEGO Inside Tour. So I'm going to guess that the Customer Service rep who handled your order didn't know what she was talking about/didn't understand what the protocol for those pieces was.
    Pumpkin_3CK5
    I cannot think of any newly released parts that have been in stock since early summer. If they were in stock before then, then they tend to still be available (although licensed parts have been slowly disappearing). Many of the newer parts have never been available, either through buying or the replacements side. I guess they are trying to stop people buying them that way rather than buying the new sets. It was what I was doing. If I wanted 10 of a new part for a build, I prefer to buy 10 through the parts service rather than having to buy 10 sets, or 10 at BL at massively inflated prices (as they are new). It remains to see if they will ever stock newer parts. If not, it seems fairly pointless to have it.

Sethro3youpunk
    ^I agree. I used to be able to pick up some neat pieces through BnP, but anymore the uncommon pieces tend to be out of stock consistently. As much as I'd love to get some Licensed pieces, I can't expect them to sell them individually if they weren't planning on doing that anyway, but even regular pieces don't seem to be available. And Bricklink is always higher in that regard for those pieces, so I don't bother getting them. No reason for me to overpay if I don't have to, and I don't care to buy multiple sets for a handful of pieces if other parts don't interest me as well.
    youpunk
    Aanchir said:
    That's particularly baffling seeing as neither Ninjago nor Legends of Chima is a licensed theme, so that rule shouldn't even apply. I know LEGO Customer Service stocks Ninjago parts from when I got to visit their offices in Billund during the LEGO Inside Tour. So I'm going to guess that the Customer Service rep who handled your order didn't know what she was talking about/didn't understand what the protocol for those pieces was.
    I told the operator that I thought that licensing bit only applied to Start wars, lotr, etc and all she said was "nope" lol. I'm gonna try calling tomorrow again, see what another agent has to say.
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,520
    I can't  understand  why  the ninjago  kai  Cole  Jay Lloyd Zane heads that have  been used since the start can't be gotten.  I  mean  they are constantly  producing them for sets!
    ^It's funny cause Nya's face is still available. Just not the main Ninja lol
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,833
    At some point this time of year don't they put a hold on part ordering until February or March so they can take care of everyone who lost a brick from their new Christmas sets?
    kiki180703
    edited November 2015
    ^That should start soon, but not yet, apparently.

Gave them another call and spoke with a different agent and said certain parts that are not available in multiple sets in Chima, which are under "Ninjago license" are not for purchase individually. But, if you go on their site and look up part 19740, which is Eris' exclusive armor from the Tiger Command Set 70224, it's available to buy. Lol I guess they just don't want to say "hey go buy the entire set" so they're using this license excuse. I guess that's that.
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 673
    Anybody have any idea of what happened to being able to buy bricks from Lego from specific sets that were neither "broken" or "missing from a new set" ? I don't mean the Pick a Brick, which is just generic bricks. Why would Lego do away with it? My children have lost many pieces and I've used that service frequently so I am pretty disappointed. 
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,520
    edited January 2016
    ^it just closes for a few weeks over Christmas.  It will be back soon
    madforLEGOkiki180703
    flord said:
    Anybody have any idea of what happened to being able to buy bricks from Lego from specific sets that were neither "broken" or "missing from a new set" ? I don't mean the Pick a Brick, which is just generic bricks. Why would Lego do away with it? My children have lost many pieces and I've used that service frequently so I am pretty disappointed. 
    CS reported to me it will reopen in February
    Ok. Thanks everyone.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,520
    I'm sure some of you are already aware but I was checking out Bricks and Pieces and found a lot of new and/or interesting parts are available to purchase. (I've had to place an order, for future projects of course.)
    Generally there don't seem to be parts to create full minifigs but you could order stuff like Catwomans torso,  Joker's hair or Batman's cowl from the 66 Batcave set for example. 
    Other highlights (for me anyway) in stock include tan masonry bricks,  black  1x1 round tiles,  olive and lilac plant stems,  the six-stemmed plant in dark orange,  watermelon and pie tiles, the babyfig,  hairpieces and torsos from 60134,  Wonder Woman's new hair, dual moulded Superman legs, torsos and hair from the GBHQ,  Maria Hill's torso from the Helicarrier....

Well worth a browse though it may end up costing you a lot of money! 
    MattsWhatcatwranglerGurooo
    I'd put £40 of stuff in my basket just to get printed arms before thinking - I can't afford this right now.  Damnit.  Good spot though.
    LostInTranslation
  • maniacmaniac Yorkshire, UKMember Posts: 794
    edited August 2016
    I'm sure some of you are already aware but I was checking out Bricks and Pieces and found a lot of new and/or interesting parts are available to purchase. (I've had to place an order, for future projects of course.)
    Generally there don't seem to be parts to create full minifigs but you could order stuff like Catwomans torso,  Joker's hair or Batman's cowl from the 66 Batcave set for example. 
    Other highlights (for me anyway) in stock include tan masonry bricks,  black  1x1 round tiles,  olive and lilac plant stems,  the six-stemmed plant in dark orange,  watermelon and pie tiles, the babyfig,  hairpieces and torsos from 60134,  Wonder Woman's new hair, dual moulded Superman legs, torsos and hair from the GBHQ,  Maria Hill's torso from the Helicarrier....

Well worth a browse though it may end up costing you a lot of money! 
    Maybe you should check out the new pieces that came in Brick Bank too. ;)

PS, Thanks for making me spend more on other pieces!
    LostInTranslation
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    You can also now buy the hotdog suit for the hotdog guy. 
    LostInTranslationMattsWhatcatwranglerkiki180703
    @maniac - I already have two Brick Banks but there were a couple of parts from it that made my list too! 
    Was sad the new colours of flower/bracelet part were not in stock though (medium lavender,  bright light blue,  green and pearl gold).  Oh well will have to place another order when they come in :-) 
    @maniac - I already have two Brick Banks but there were a couple of parts from it that made my list too! 
    Was sad the new colours of flower/bracelet part were not in stock though (medium lavender,  bright light blue,  green and pearl gold).  Oh well will have to place another order when they come in :-) 
    I have two as well but some of the parts in that set are too good to be ignoring.

I remember getting bracelet parts bar Pearl Gold of course. Think I placed the order for them around mid June though. Hopefully they'll come back. 
    maniac said:

TLG would obviously like you to buy sets. Lots of them.

However, there gets to be a point when some people see expensive prices and start to question why they're spending so much to buy what they could mainly build from their own collection. There's then a risk that they stop buying altogether. By making the parts available, their interest is still maintained whilst keeping open the chance that they'll still occasionally buy iconic (and that usually means the most expensive) sets.
    I debated buying Big Ben just for the numerous gold flowers! Then decided that was silly and I'll get them via B&P,  BL or some other way.

Some sets, like the Arendelle Castle, have numerous parts I want to get so I managed to pick a couple of those up when ~40% off and sold the mini-dolls to offset the parts price. 
    Just all depends on how badly I need the part, the quantity needed, the price of the set vs the individual part, and whether I want the set in general. 

Though I am a sucker for new hairpieces. I find I have to stock up on a minimum of two of each new one because you never know if it will only ever appear in one set! 
    catwranglerkiki180703
    TigerMoth said:
    maniac said:

TLG would obviously like you to buy sets. Lots of them.

However, there gets to be a point when some people see expensive prices and start to question why they're spending so much to buy what they could mainly build from their own collection. There's then a risk that they stop buying altogether. By making the parts available, their interest is still maintained whilst keeping open the chance that they'll still occasionally buy iconic (and that usually means the most expensive) sets.
    Of course. Bricks and Pieces definitely keeps my interest with the nice pieces in various sets. There's a point where buying yet another copy of Brick Bank isn't worthwhile and I can just buy the pieces I actually want from that set at Bricks and Pieces, pending availability of course.

I'll probably end up buying a big set this weekend too so it clearly works for TLG in my case.
    edited August 2016
    Just the other day I ordered $120 worth of minifigs and accessories. Mostly Ninjago stuff for my kids because that's what they play with, and it will still be cheaper than buying full sets. I also took the opportunity to buy a lot of sand green pieces. The new sand green pieces in Brick Bank are great, but pretty pricey.
    catwranglerkiki180703