Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

CMF series 14 / Halloween Monsters

1101112131416»

Comments

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,283
    Just saw out Meijer has a box out now. Odd that after halloween they finally put them out
    Thor's hammer sells CMFs? :P
    You're thinking of Mjolnir. :D
    Meow-meow?

TheBigLegoski
  • The_Mad_VulcanThe_Mad_Vulcan SeattleMember Posts: 162

In series 14, I went through quite a few boxes and swore I couldn't feel a hotdog guy or a unicorn girl. And when I did find them, it was so obvious that i know that they simply were not present in those previous boxes. So I'd say: believe your fingers.

@The_Mad_Vulcan Ummm.... I think hot dog guy is in series 13 lol! :p
    Yeah, I caught that too, but I didn't see an edit button on my post.
    kiki180703
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 845
    I still can't find my gargoyles. Every store here has been wiped clean by resellers
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,395
    Has anyone else seen series 13 minifigures for $4.89 at Target? Hope this is not a sign of things to come. Series 14 was still $3.99.
  • sweetness34sweetness34 San Diego, CA.Member Posts: 350
    Jern92 said:
    I still can't find my gargoyles. Every store here has been wiped clean by resellers
    I don't know that it is just resellers that are hoarding the Gargoyles. Might be builders looking to MOC a building with the Gargoyles used for decoration. 
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 796
     Hopefully LEGO gives us other Gargoyles in the future.
  • SocksSocks GBMember Posts: 10
    My local toyshop has numbered all the packs (I think by just feeling them all and then writing the number on in biro!).  I could see if they have any gargoyles left and am happy to send them to anyone who can Paypal me the price plus postage?
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    My thumb gets numb before it becomes paralyzed if I feel too many CMF's. This is when you need to borrow the 7 year old standing next to you in the store and ask them to find one for you. Sometimes I buy the packs, open them in the store, and trade them right there for something else if others want them and I don't. Aaaargh! (But on a positive note, I am one of the few seniors left with excellent hearing and decent vision! And my thumb usually heals after a few days...if I don't repeat this exercise again!)
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    You have to keep doing it to build muscle and calluses =)
    kiki180703
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,318
    I know I grabbed eight gargoyles, not for reselling, can't build a decent gothic styled building without them, just thinking now I should have grabbed twelve...
    dannyrwwYodaliciousxiahna
    pharmjod said:
    Hahaha! I tried to keep feeling those )&^##^*())*^$#^ bags too long and lost the use of my thumb for a few days. So I will pass! Felt like I had been building LEGO stuff nonstop for about three days after I spent two hours feeling CMS bags. I confess that I have bought a few CMS (but for low prices!) on eBay after my thumb and patience gave out.
    Amateurs!
    VorpalRyu
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 796
    edited November 2015
    legogal said:
    pharmjod said:
    Hahaha! I tried to keep feeling those )&^##^*())*^$#^ bags too long and lost the use of my thumb for a few days. So I will pass! Felt like I had been building LEGO stuff nonstop for about three days after I spent two hours feeling CMS bags. I confess that I have bought a few CMS (but for low prices!) on eBay after my thumb and patience gave out.
     Try lightly feeling for the right piece specific for the figure. Shake it up so the pieces aren't clumped in one are and make sure to move the pieces away from the stand. Or just buy from eBay. 

I cringe when I see extremely crumpled minifig bags. Lol
  • chuckpchuckp NYMember Posts: 684
    edited November 2015
    dannyrww said:
    Has anyone else seen series 13 minifigures for $4.89 at Target? Hope this is not a sign of things to come. Series 14 was still $3.99.
    I saw that too. Series 13 and Simpsons S2 both showed up as $4.89 when scanned. 
    Are you sure you weren't at TRU?
    VorpalRyuchuckp
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,691
    ^ no you have to be careful at Target now as they are marking up Lego like TRU
    SumoLego
    That is sad news because our Target has been good about not raising LEGO prices above retail. $4.89 per CMS would end much of my buying those little buggers. When they first arrived, it seemed that the $2.99 price was high enough. Can you imagine the dough they are making off of these little packets? This could mean that many of us buy only the ones we really like and not the entire set. 
  • donutboydonutboy U.K.Member Posts: 762
    I've just opened the final figure I needed to complete this series. The spectre. I really like this series of figs and although there were one or two I wasn't overly keen on I still felt the need to complete the set. This is the first CMF set I have got all of since series 2. Here's hoping for another series of monsters in the future.
    VorpalRyu said:
    I know I grabbed eight gargoyles, not for reselling, can't build a decent gothic styled building without them, just thinking now I should have grabbed twelve...
    Grabbed 3 to top the corner pillars of my Haunted House. Couldn't find a forth sadly, so more hunting I shall do...
    VorpalRyu
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,318
    @Jern92, how many are you after? If I come across any in my travels, I can keep an eye out for a few gargoyles.
    xiahna
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    The Target near my house (Richie Hwy, Glen Burnie, MD) hasn't had any the last couple times I've been. However, they still had some Series 13 minifigs by the cash registers.
    VorpalRyu said:
    @Jern92, how many are you after? If I come across any in my travels, I can keep an eye out for a few gargoyles.
    Just one actually. I'll keep checking TRU's here. Plus shipping from Australia to Malaysia would cost quite a bit even for one minifigure. Thanks for the offer though! :-P
  • SocksSocks GBMember Posts: 10

Ok, I now only need No. 9, Cat girl.  Does anyone have one for swapsies?

I have 4 Gargoyles which I ideally would like to keep, but the local toy shop has multiple Gargoyles left which I can send opened or unopened if you like. (the shop has had 100% success rate on all the figs I've bought in series 14 so far).

If you have a Cat girl you'd like to swap for something other than a Gargoyle, please let me know and I'll see what I can do!

• William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    Finally got a gargoyle 
    Dedgecko
  • MrJ_NYMrJ_NY A flick missle away from Brickagara FallsMember Posts: 592
    Series 14 CMF on sale at TRU Fri & Sat only - two for $5
    chuckpSumoLego
  • chuckpchuckp NYMember Posts: 684
    ^ Nice find! 
    I may be taking a gander...
    Toys r us was sold out, but Target price matched.
    Was it advertised anywhere to do a price match?
    Toys R Us had a printed ad for the two day sale....we grabbed the ad at toys r us and brought it to target..... Don't know if it is online though.
    pharmjod
    Tried to buy a case at target. Was told they only price match on 1 item so they would let me buy 2 at the price. This target shows 280 in stock. Sigh. I told them good luck selling them one at a time.
  • BoomDiggityBoomDiggity Member Posts: 107
    I was able to get it price-matched at Target.  Got the 14 I wanted for $37 out the door.  Not bad!
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880