Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

[US] Polys in the wild...

Comments

• Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,810
    When I found the Christmas tree it was in the top of a blue cardboard display of stocking stuffer toys.
  • black_towrblack_towr MinnesotaMember Posts: 165
    iplante said:
    Went to two TRUs today in the Twin Cities

First one was Maplewood - they wouldn't sell the Bricktober sets (we're not supposed to) and would only give out the AT-DP as $30+ promo.

Second one was Minnetonka (by Ridgedale) and was able to buy the Bricktober Bakery and TRU stores, and they had the AT-DP but only as a $30+ promo. It's weird, usually they sell those. Guy at CS said that they can't sell them while the promo is happening, so it should be for sale next week. I got it anyway for free so I don't care.

No sign of C3PO at either.
    The Minnetonka TRU is my local store. They will be putting out the C3PO poly on Sunday 
  • JenniJenni USAMember Posts: 1,378
    @Russell844 Thanks! I saw that empty display today so I can live in hope :). I'd been checking every end cap because that's where the snowman was last year.

I found a cookbook I'd been waiting for so at least it wasn't a completely wasted trip :).
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 763
    Jenni said:
    Found Azari polybag and the Ninjago mech at (Rivergate, Nashville, TN) TRU today, they wouldn't sell me the Ninjago one. They had dozens of the bricktober sets.

Neither Barnes & Noble here had a Christmas tree, I looked in all available open boxes lying around to check too :)

It's weird they won't sell you the Ninjago one since I asked the store I bought it from and they said it wasn't going to be a part of any Promo in the future. 
  • JenniJenni USAMember Posts: 1,378
    @Pumpkin_3CK5 something came up on the register when she scanned it, she didn't have to say anything as I easily recognize that look of confusion at this point :). 
  • iplanteiplante USMember Posts: 164
    @black_towr please don't snag them all.. :) Since the Bloomington TRU closed, that's the one I go to as well. 
    edited October 2015
    Jenni said:
    @Pumpkin_3CK5 something came up on the register when she scanned it, she didn't have to say anything as I easily recognize that look of confusion at this point :). 

That happened in the register too when I was trying to purchase it, but I guess the cashier was aware of what code to put in. Lol maybe the person that helped you was seasonal.
    edited October 2015
    iplante said:
    @black_towr please don't snag them all.. :) Since the Bloomington TRU closed, that's the one I go to as well. 
    @iplante I was only planning on getting 10-20 of them. They have 200 in stock so you should be good.
    iplante
  • Ladder19JTKLadder19JTK Hudson ValleyMember Posts: 209
    Has anyone been able to snag the Ninjago Mech at TRU and if so do you know the product #?
    Anacondrai Mech is #673419233057
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,330
    Lego store in Milwaukee had a whole lot of the moon rover polybag (not sure what it is called ) for sale....could this wind up being the next clearance deal like the eagle a couple years back?
    Prin12s
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 479
    Found a few Christmas Tree polybags in Barnes and Noble today. Grabbed two at 3.99.
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,086
    Ninjago mech poly spotted in North Carolina. AT-DP's still being given out with $40.00. C3PO starts tomorrow.
  • jedivalkyriejedivalkyrie Member Posts: 175
    edited November 2015
    #30259 Azari's Magic Fire showed up at the Jackson TN TRU.
  • krklintkrklint Member Posts: 500
    Great day at the ToysRUs in Rochester, MN. Anacondrai Mech and Azari poly on the endcap, and the red arm C3PO behind the counter. Best part, though the C3PO is a free with $40 purchase, the guy working let me buy two for $3.99 each (without any other purchase)! So C3PO is hanging out on the couch with my cat and I tonight :p
    Prin12s
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 994
    edited November 2015
    Bought a $37 Friends set, and the TRU cashier told me the #30259 was only free with an elves purchase.  Another cashier backed her up, I said I must have miss read the promo. Went back to re-read it, tore it off the shelf and then brought the promo sign back to them, and asked them to read it.   The second cashier said to the first cashier, "just give it to him"...
    I cant print my response to them.....
    thedingman5krklintkiki180703thenoslego007chuckpMrJ_NY
  • MrJ_NYMrJ_NY A flick missle away from Brickagara FallsMember Posts: 592
    c3PO poly found at TrU (no $ amount purchase required) They also had the Ninjago Mech poly out but after I took mine an employee took them all off the endcap,all I know is I got mine
  • dkprimusdkprimus RVAMember Posts: 31
    30314 and 30275   found at target
    edited November 2015
    My local TRU have the moon rover polybag 30315 as of today. 
  • bsiu922bsiu922 SF Bay Area, CAMember Posts: 439
    I tried 3 TRU.  and none let me buy the C-3PO
  • Prin12sPrin12s OklahomaMember Posts: 47
    My TRU (okc,ok) let me buy c3po, but didn't have any others. I looked but couldn't find the ninjago mech.  Any tips on where to find it?  I might try a different store today. 
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    In Los Angeles, the TRU at Oceangate would only give me 1 C-3PO with >$40 SW purchase (First Order Snowspeeder at 10% mark-up). While the TRU in Torrance gave me 1 free with qualifying purchase (First Order Snowspeeder at RRP) and then let me buy 4 additional polys at standard $3.99. Plus they had the AT-DP poly for regular purchase as well.

But I did notice at both stores that the box of C-3PO polys was quite small, so not sure if this is a low limited supply or not.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,305
    In Los Angeles, the TRU at Oceangate would only give me 1 C-3PO with >$40 SW purchase (First Order Snowspeeder at 10% mark-up). While the TRU in Torrance gave me 1 free with qualifying purchase (First Order Snowspeeder at RRP) and then let me buy 4 additional polys at standard $3.99. Plus they had the AT-DP poly for regular purchase as well.

But I did notice at both stores that the box of C-3PO polys was quite small, so not sure if this is a low limited supply or not.
    I think TRUs can get anywhere from 50-200 counts in boxes. I believe the ones near me typically get more around 200 at each store I think. Also I think the box size does not matter much, as there is little air in the packages and only 1 minifigure so I would imagine even a 'small' box has a lot of these in them.
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 685
    I would think/hope they'd get more in the 100-200count range if the promo is running until Nov. 21.  I was at my closest TRU 90minutes away and they let my buy 1 C-3PO and the Elves poly for $3.99ea.
    I guess I'm one of the lucky few to be able to walk in and buy as many c3po's as I wanted. 
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 936
    Doesn't look like the C3-PO will go up in value a whole lot due to plenty of availability, though I'd like to find one for my personal collection. I just wish the TRUs would be more consistent with how they dole them out. 
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,145
    No sign of C3-PO at my TRU. Not even a mention of it.
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    probably behind the CS counter

SithLord196 said:
    madforLEGO
  • ACWWGal2011ACWWGal2011 Member Posts: 534

Does anyone know if we are getting a target holiday polybag?

edited November 2015
    My friend showed me a picture she took in the Christmas section of a shelf tag at a Target for the Friends Pop Star Red Carpet poly.
    My friend showed me a picture she took in the Christmas section of a shelf tag at a Target for the Friends Pop Star Red Carpet poly.
    Do you still have the picture?  What is the DCPI #?
    Hmmm, usually there is a "girl" and a "boy" one. Here's hoping for Ninjago!
    last year walmart and target had different ones in their stocking stuffers. That would be nice...
    TRU has been weird with their C-3PO promo. I went to a local TRU by me and they had them on a little tray on top of a table top like display of SW LEGO, and available for sale. Then a few days later my brother went there and there was no sign of the table and he had to go to the CS desk and had to pry two out of the employee at the desk even though they could be sold.
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 779
    Prin12s said:
    Hmmm, usually there is a "girl" and a "boy" one. Here's hoping for Ninjago!
    last year walmart and target had different ones in their stocking stuffers. That would be nice...
    According to someone on the Lego Reddit some time ago, it will be Ninjago!
    #30294 The Cowler Dragon to be precise.
    Prin12s
  • solid_stridersolid_strider TexasMember Posts: 205
    I don't think I've noticed this in previous years, but TRU.com has a bunch of recent polys and small sets listed as being available for store pickup in a few days. Hopefully this link will work...

http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?s=A-StorePrice&categoryId=31151746&searchSort=TRUE&ppg=96

My closest TRU told me they couldn't sell 3PO until Sunday, when the promo was "over". I know it runs until the 21st, but I left it at that. I'll just buy it when there's someone else behind the counter.
    I don't think I've noticed this in previous years, but TRU.com has a bunch of recent polys and small sets listed as being available for store pickup in a few days. Hopefully this link will work...

http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?s=A-StorePrice&categoryId=31151746&searchSort=TRUE&ppg=96

My closest TRU told me they couldn't sell 3PO until Sunday, when the promo was "over". I know it runs until the 21st, but I left it at that. I'll just buy it when there's someone else behind the counter.
    In order to have them shipped to the store they need to be inventoried within the warehouse that supplies your particular region.  None of them are available in the NY/NJ/CT area. 
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,145
    probably behind the CS counter

SithLord196 said:
    I'll stop by again, but what I meant is that the promo isn't even being advertised anywhere in the store.
    has anyone seen the pop star poly on the shelf?  All stores show plenty in stock, just wondering if they have been put out.
  • RebelegoRebelego Georgia, USAMember Posts: 171
    Grabbed 2 C3POs tonight @ TRU

EPIC!!!! I want 1 Friends poly and 2 Cowler's.

And hopefully we'll soon learn what Walmart will have.

ryjay said:
    has anyone seen the pop star poly on the shelf?  All stores show plenty in stock, just wondering if they have been put out.

Not over at our closest. The holiday corner is about half Xmas coming in and the rest is empty shelves and Halloween Clearance. Tragically the empty shelves are mostly where the basket/shelf divider things for stocking stuffers go. 
    I'm a little bummed.  I think we already have both the target ones. They had them at the Lego discovery center when we went for my son's birthday and I picked them up then. 
    Oh well, duplicates for parts I suppose!
    ryjay said:
    ....just answered my own question, saw them out on the shelf last night....eh, kinda boring, tho', didn't buy any.
    Where did you see the pop star ones?
    edited November 2015
    Central Coast California Target
    madforLEGO
    edited November 2015
    Apparently some Meijers are getting the #30275 TIE Advanced Prototype and #30303 Joker bumper car polys in their stocking stuffer aisle. Thanks for the notice in another thread @jagdjh ;

Found the heart Lake wishing fountain set 30204 at tru this morning. 
  • TkattTkatt MNMember Posts: 325
    I found the Popstar Poly at Roseville, MN SuperTarget today. I did not see a placeholder for a "boy" polybag. I also found the wishing well at Maplewood TRU.
  • malachirobertsonmalachirobertson Indiana, USAMember Posts: 266
    I can confirm on those polybags for Meijer.   Saw them out last Friday.  I am in northern Indiana.