Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

New vignettes sets found: Winter (40124) and Christmas (40125)

Comments

• khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,226
    Oh, I really like them both, and I like the style of house in the Winter one.  Might want to MOC a whole winter house based on that little outdoor scene alone... and the dog is CUTE!
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,111
    I love the Husky so that ones a no brainer for me...I love that LEGO are using that part beyond the City Arctic sub theme (even if the Ninjago Battle Husky is a bit weird, it's nice to see)

I think  these are possibly a little weaker than the first two, but overall I've really enjoyed this years seasonal sets.
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    I think they're really nice little designs, certainly much better than Halloween. If these were the winter freebies I'd think they were great, but as with all the vignettes I just have no interest in buying them. The build is of not interest to me, they're too small for me to want to display. Exactly the same reason why I never rebuild #3300002 and #3300020 each year I get the Winter Village sets out again.
  • alexwilalexwil UKMember Posts: 361
    Any idea when these will be available? 

Assume these will be available to purchase rather then freebies? 
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,735
    Those do not appear to be the 'Limited Edition' give-aways.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,515
    It's about time they did a printed minifigure version of a snowman. Like hol021, or with legs. It would be even better if they did new stick arms like the bat ones.
  • donutboydonutboy U.K.Member Posts: 680
    I think I like the indoor sets of this theme and am not so keen on the outdoor ones.
    I'm actually hoping that the new moulds for BB8 might be useful for better snowman builds in the future, the lower BB8 part is just too perfect for a snowman for them to not use in my opinion.
    hkcrazy88
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,143
    I will be getting both. I missed the Thanksgiving set by a day.

Went down to my local Lego Store last night to get the Star Wars poster and Halloween set. I also intended to get the Crocodile Tribe Pack, with my fiance getting a PaB refill, to hit the $50 threshold for the tractor. They were out of the Crocodile pack, which I had to sub the Space Starter Set in for, but the one employee told me they were set to get the Thanksgiving sets tomorrow. Had I known this, we would have been going down Thursday instead, but I figure we can get it next month when I go for the Episode III poster.
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    Shib said:
    I'm actually hoping that the new moulds for BB8 might be useful for better snowman builds in the future, the lower BB8 part is just too perfect for a snowman for them to not use in my opinion.
    If two lower pieces were used, the height of the connection between them might look a bit odd. BB-8 is already white, though, so the existing pieces could be wiped to make a very plain snowman using this technique.
    edited September 2015
    I was thinking more a lower BB-8 piece plus some combiniton of other rounded pieces - LDD doesn't seem to have the BB-8 parts yet, but these sorts of combos are more like what I had in mind than two lower BB-8 parts stacked.

I think that @CCC 's printed snowman idea is also good, but potentially better for a CMF than a set.
    binaryeye
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 632
    i need both of these
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,267
    edited September 2015
    alexwil said:
    Any idea when these will be available? 

Assume these will be available to purchase rather then freebies? 
    These are like the previous seasonal vignettes and will be available for 9.99 USD if I am not mistaken.
    Even though Thanksgiving adverts start sooner and sooner here in the US, I am still surprised that the Thanksgiving set is already out. Will have to watch [email protected] for those to appear.

Something else interesting, the Halloween set is already sold out on [email protected] US
  • dragonhawkdragonhawk USMember Posts: 633
    What, an asymmetrical snowman ??? I do not know if I am ready for that ;)

• jaitheartistjaitheartist Member Posts: 30
    I think it's awesome they did two more, wasn't expecting that. Actually wasn't sure if there would be a vignette at all considering all the Christmas promos and Winter Village set and everything. So this is pretty neat, definitely looking forward to this. I need to go pick up the Thanksgiving set now seems like it's out if people are posting pics! 
  • DNADNA New York, USAMember Posts: 89
    The winter and Christmas sets look great. My local stores still do not have the Thanksgiving sets yet. I'm really looking forward to that one. 
  • 3stackshs3stackshs Member Posts: 284
    Thanksgiving set available on US [email protected]
  • solid_stridersolid_strider TexasMember Posts: 204
    Bought the winter and Christmas sets earlier today in North Texas.  I'm not liking the two outdoor sets as much as I like all of the indoor sets.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,654
    ^at north park or Frisco?
  • solid_stridersolid_strider TexasMember Posts: 204
    ^Frisco.  I saw that they had them yesterday, but I didn't ask when they put them out.
    Bumblepants
    I am going to try getting the winter and Christmas sets tomorrow at my local store for the last day of double points.

They had them out the other day when we were down so I could get the poster, but I had to wait for pay day to afford them.
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,298
    I found them at the Arrowhead (Glendale AZ) Lego store.
    Yeah, debating whether to go to the LEGO store I frequent tomorrow
  • chertikchertik Member Posts: 43
    Found them in the Bellevue, WA Lego store yesterday
  • mr.pigglesmr.piggles Snow FortMember Posts: 326
    They're available from [email protected] US now, search by name/keyword (winter, santa) because they aren't yet listed under Seasonal (but I'm sure will be soon).
    ModulaR
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    The free train is still available for $99+ too.
    thedingman5
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    They are listed under what's new on [email protected]
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,354
    Popped along to the Stratford shop (I say popped, two trains and a tube later...) and they didn't have any out, but then a kind member of staff checked the storage and found a box out back, which was nice.
    i asked about the possibility of  the new frozen sets getting an early release as per the news item on the front page here, but as far as he knew it was still Jan.
    anyway, there were a handful of the vignettes out when we left the store around 12:45.
  • thedingman5thedingman5 Great Lakes, USAMember Posts: 237
    The free train is still available for $99+ too.
    Thanks for the tip. Grabbed the vignettes and scored an extra free train!
  • leetshoeleetshoe USAMember Posts: 252
    So will these sell out before black friday?
    leetshoe said:
    So will these sell out before black friday?
    It is possible I think, considering the last vignettes have all sold out (at least online) within about 2 weeks of release.
    So I would say online they will be gone before BF. Actual Brick and Mortar stores, YMMV, as I found Halloween sets at the one I frequent about 1-2 weeks after they sold out online.
  • llanowarsoldierllanowarsoldier Ohio USAMember Posts: 357
    I was in my local Lego store in Columbus, OH and they had Thanksgiving, Winter and Christmas sets....So I picked up all 3.
  • Lego91Lego91 GermanyMember Posts: 86
    Thanksgiving is sold out at the German [email protected], bought the two new ones yesterday. Don't want to wait until the end of the month. 
    Was able to get the two newest ones on Saturday morning as part of the double points, and they still had some of the Thanksgiving one.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,695
    Ordered from [email protected] UK this morning.  I don't expect these to be around long.  Good to see them limited to 2 per person.
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    I picked up the two new ones at the Austin LEGO store Saturday, and no, they won't last long. I love the size of the vignettes; they look good in a row. 
  • zmarkellazmarkella UKMember Posts: 48
    Legoboy said:
    Good to see them limited to 2 per person.
    That's the case in Europe. The US [email protected] limit is 5. It was the same for the Thanksgiving set...
    Well both the #40124 and #40125 are at [email protected] US listed as 'out of stock, expected ship date of Nov 16th', but can still be bought. So if you want them I would say buy them now as there is no guarantee with these judging on past vignettes this year. Though I think this is the first time I have seen one of the vignettes at [email protected] listed as 'out of stock, expected ship date X'.

• Build_With_BricksBuild_With_Bricks WIMember Posts: 5
    I got the Thanksgiving vignette and love how cozy it looks.  I'll be packing it away after Thanksgiving and getting it out each year for seasonal decor.  I'd like to get the Christmas sets and do the same.  Much better decorations than all the breakable tchotchkes you find in the store.
    I got the Thanksgiving vignette and love how cozy it looks.  I'll be packing it away after Thanksgiving and getting it out each year for seasonal decor.  I'd like to get the Christmas sets and do the same.  Much better decorations than all the breakable tchotchkes you find in the store.
    Well these are 'breakable' but at least you can reassemble them :-)
    Build_With_Bricks