Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

75827 - Ghostbusters HQ (Coming In January 2016?)

Comments

• (1)Stein(1)Stein GermanyMember Posts: 31
    You can see a loot of the left side of the building in this picture including the hinged wall and fire escape........

JELJ1Skiki180703hkcrazy88
  • GalactusGalactus NLMember Posts: 259
    legomatt said:
    Judging by the zoomed high res image, it's hinged near both ends of the long side, designed to open out from the middle, like a cupboard - (You can see a slight misalignment where the doors have closed along the roof).
    Fauch said:
    can't spot the hinges, but I'm under the impression there is a row of tiles between the windows of the 2nd and 3rd floor, which makes me think floors could be removable.
    I can spot both hinges/misalignment on the roof edge and tiles underneath each floor. I wonder if LEGO tried to incorporate both ways of opening with this set.
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,292
    Adzbadboy said:
    I wonder if it will have two technic pins on the rear, allowing Modulars to be attached given the scale and layout is similar to the Modulars footprint.
    Even if not, should be relatively simple enough to add.  Nice idea!
    FatMatt
  • bok2bok2 Member Posts: 53
    How it opens should fit with this information from LEGO:
    • Measures over 14” (36cm) high, 9” (25cm) wide and 14” (38cm) deep.
    • With walls opened out, measures over 14” (36cm) high, 18” (46 cm) wide and 14” (38cm) deep
    So it opens from 25 cm wide to 46 cm wide.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    $350 and they couldn't print the sign?
    pharmjodbrickupdateAdeelZubairJELJ1SBumblepantsYodaliciouskiki180703
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    Adzbadboy said:
    I wonder if it will have two technic pins on the rear, allowing Modulars to be attached given the scale and layout is similar to the Modulars footprint.
    This has been mentioned several times and I don't understand why.

The building is 43 studs deep and 22 studs wide at the base. The modulars are generally 16 to 20 studs deep and 32 studs wide at the base. The footprint is nothing like a modular. It's much deeper and doesn't span the width of the baseplate. If it hinges on the back to open, I see no possibility this will connect to the modulars out of the box.
    PaperballparkAdeelZubair
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,283
    There are sidewalks on either side, and Lego does tend to starkly differentiate themes.

If we could this a 'corner' modular, then the PC is a goner for sure!
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,822
    Although that looks a little ugly from the inside, like if you put two panels at a corner.
    pharmjod said:
    There should be no stickers in a $350 set at all IMO.
    I guess the reasoning is that they probably aren't going to sell large numbers of these sets, so they skimp on printing. When in reality it should be considered a flagship set and have no cheap looking stickers. If they can do it for comic con figures, why not for flagship sets.
    madforLEGObinaryeyeAdeelZubairdougtsJELJ1Skiki180703
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 651
    ^I was thinking it could also use 1 X 1 bricks with pin holes instead of those panels. 

So far, I love the look of this set and I would be thrilled to add it to my city. Even its not a modular per say, I think it would still look nice to add a bit of variety to a street layout. The only things holding me back are price, and the fact that I only saw Ghostbusters for the first time about 2 weeks ago. I liked it a lot, but $350 is still pretty steep (especially compared to the fact that I don't want to pay the same for a Helicarrier, and I'm much more a fan of Marvel). I did just score a good deal on an Ecto-1 using saved up eBay Bucks, so I think I will try to get an HQ sooner or later. 
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    Galactus said:
    legomatt said:
    Judging by the zoomed high res image, it's hinged near both ends of the long side, designed to open out from the middle, like a cupboard - (You can see a slight misalignment where the doors have closed along the roof).
    Fauch said:
    can't spot the hinges, but I'm under the impression there is a row of tiles between the windows of the 2nd and 3rd floor, which makes me think floors could be removable.
    I can spot both hinges/misalignment on the roof edge and tiles underneath each floor. I wonder if LEGO tried to incorporate both ways of opening with this set.
    Building the full height in one go might be seen as too tricky for a set these days so I can imagine LEGO wanting the floors to be seperate - with the hinges in place theres little chance to build in modules but i notice there are no dark red hinges in that photo.
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    I have a feeling that's not actually legal because the studs and pin holes aren't in perfect alignment. There's certainly something very similar in Jamie's guide.

With regard to stickers, do we know they're there? Don't just look at the photographs - the early pictures of Palace Cinema didn't have the stars because the printed tiles weren't available at the time.
    Paperballpark
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,318
    @cheshirecat, I was just about to bring the lack of red hinges up, seems like the red brick section is modular style & the grey section is hinged... Have TLG done this in a set before? Kind of curious as to why they'd mix the two styles.

@TigerMoth, my example is not a legal build method? Fair enough, so not likely to be how they've done it then. Not completely up on what constitutes legal building methods, but I have been questioning if TLG still holds to it 100% these days, as a few sets we've got have done stuff I was led to believe weren't legal build methods.
    xiahna
  • BrickSunBrickSun NetherlandsMember Posts: 16
    The fact LEGO is producing this is amazing all by itself.
    Nothing has influenced a big part of my childhood as much as Ghostbusters, so I'll have to start saving..

The real building seems to have more of a sandstone (or limestone?) colour which, IMO, makes for a more beautiful look combined with the reddish bricks. The grey/red combination LEGO choose makes the HQ look a bit "bland". They did use that sandy colour on the lower front part of the modular Fire Brigade and I wonder how the GB HQ would look with that!

It is indeed a three story building, not two, like it says in the description.
    Most elements seem to come from the first movie, but there is also a "toaster with slime"! :-)

Interesting that they specifically mention that the "Ghostbusters™ minifigures come with decorated arms." No need to buy these custom-made this time then.
    SumoLego
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    I've never seen that document. Cool 
    Dedgecko
    edited October 2015

Actually, I think that might be legal. It is allowed but not recommended so long as nothing connects them from below or above. There is no piece connecting them underneath, as it is a 1x1 underneath. From above, if that is a 2x2 plate overhanging then again that doesn't connect them. There is a clear line on one side, but maybe not on the other. If so, I wonder if that is legal? The "locking" parts are more than one piece above / below, so that might allow the connection to be legal.
    CCC said:
    Actually, I think that might be legal. It is allowed but not recommended so long as nothing connects them from below or above. There is no piece connecting them underneath, as it is a 1x1 underneath. From above, if that is a 2x2 plate overhanging then again that doesn't connect them. There is a clear line on one side, but maybe not on the other. If so, I wonder if that is legal? The "locking" parts are more than one piece above / below, so that might allow the connection to be legal.
    I'm pretty sure it's only legal if the pieces aren't connected at all. As @TigerMoth mentioned, there's a slight offset that results in the SNOT brick not quite aligning vertically, which is apparent in the LDD screenshot above (look at the base of the two bricks).

I have a feeling the technique @Galactus suggested is correct. If you zoom in on this photo, I believe you can see the rounded corner of the corner tile.
    If 0.12 mm is relevant enough for it to be considered illegal for a direct connection, then it doesn't matter if that discrepancy is transferred elsewhere - it's still 0.12 mm, and therefore more than an order of magnitude larger than the manufacturing tolerances.

A dozen bricks away, you might have a point about whether it would make a difference, but I imagine it would still be considered illegal because the rules don't work around what works practically but what is theoretically correct.
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 1,007
    edited October 2015
    Possibly a new brick, which would be nice
    Yes, that's why I wonder about the offset - having the small offset spread over 4 rather than 2 connections may be allowable.

But hopefully a new piece. The solution with the corner panel is ugly from the inside.
  • thedingman5thedingman5 Great Lakes, USAMember Posts: 281
    Could those be "offset" jumpers?  Allowing connections to the left and right of center?
  • JELJ1SJELJ1S Member Posts: 94
    edited October 2015
    Galactus said:
    legomatt said:
    Fauch said:
    Building the full height in one go might be seen as too tricky for a set these days so I can imagine LEGO wanting the floors to be seperate - with the hinges in place theres little chance to build in modules but i notice there are no dark red hinges in that photo.
    If you look again at the left side photo you can see the Dark Red hinge at the very top. I hope it has the ability to remove each level like the modulars do.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    "Accessory elements include an alarm bell, fire extinguisher, computer, phone, toolbox, tools, jars of slimes, magnifying glass, camera, camera rolls, arcade game, TOASTER WITH SLIME, fridge with frozen pizza, milk and cheese, and much more!"

And all is right with the world.
    CCC
    That left side photo also has a dark area where you'd expect from the rounding if the corner panel is used with the two stars on the corner.

As for separating the floors, there are three definitely wider cracks to suggest that each floor, and the roof, can be removed. I also wonder if that might explain the large number of grey hinges and the apparent lack of red ones. If all the floors were hinged indepently, it might be a bit of a fiddle lining the opening sections up, although you could do it with the side closed. If the floors are not hinged, but the opening sections are just free, they could just be stacked on the ground floor level - it would have to take the weight, hence all the hinges. The small hinges on the roof just serve to stabilise everything.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,167
    The more I think about it the more likely Ill be buying one during a VIP double points event
    gmonkey76
    "Accessory elements include an alarm bell, fire extinguisher, computer, phone, toolbox, tools, jars of slimes, magnifying glass, camera, camera rolls, arcade game, TOASTER WITH SLIME, fridge with frozen pizza, milk and cheese, and much more!"

And all is right with the world.

Presumably a 1980s computer.
  • ChubblesChubbles USAMember Posts: 459
    Chubbles said:
    I want a Vigo poster on the wall, or maybe a dancing toaster.  Sorry, I watched GB2 again this weekend.
    Looks like both of my wishes have been granted!
  • brianb23brianb23 Member Posts: 8
    It is still looking awesome!!   

• BrickSunBrickSun NetherlandsMember Posts: 16
    Great! Who are these dudes? What's their YT channel? I prefer them to the Brothers Brick. 
  • SuperTrampSuperTramp City 17Member Posts: 1,021
    edited October 2015
    ^Built From Brick's
    It's just a "wow, awesome" type video from people that haven't even built Ecto-1 yet.
  • XefanXefan Member Posts: 1,149
    Don't suppose anyone knows if there is any chance this one will get a 2 week early VIP release?

I'll feel guilty otherwise blowing £395 buying this and the new modular bank on the same day come the 1st!
  • Patrik78Patrik78 Member Posts: 142
    I have put this on my Wanted - Tentative list :) Will buy once VIP points allow me to drop the price to an acceptable level for me, so hope it's gonna be around for a few years.
    VorpalRyu
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 762
    Jan 1 looks like it will be a bad day...
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,283
    I'm going to have to change my New Year's Resolution.
    VorpalRyuAdeelZubairFollowsCloselyericbkiki180703Pitfall69
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    ^Let's face it, you were never going to stick to 'No sets with a sausage in' anyway!
    VorpalRyugmonkey76SumoLegokiki180703
  • legomasonlegomason Member Posts: 190
    bok2 said:
    Apart from the 75 the set number 75827 appears to be quite unique. Does anyone know if the 827 is a reference to anything, just like the 937 in 10937 AAB (also) by Marcos Bessa?
    0937 is LEGO upside down in calculator number letters. 75827 would be LZBSL in the same manner but doesn't jump out to me as a word as 10937 did.
  • Kevin_HyattKevin_Hyatt UKMember Posts: 778
    I would have preferred the dark orange masonry to the dark red.
    FollowsClosely
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,435
    *bumb
    (sorry 393 comments was a bit much to read)
    ---
    Really nice building. So curious to see pictures of the inside of the model and close ups of all the figures.

Just one thing totally perplexes me!
    Not so much that it is expensive, but that for no reason at all (no valid one I can think of anyway) this set will cost €399.99 in NL but in D 'only' €349,99. That is a whooping price difference of €50,--. How insane is that! Living standards in both Germany and the Netherlands are overall pretty much the same, VAT in Germany is 19% and in the Netherlands 21% on products such as Lego. Even though I have often noticed that quite a few Lego sets are cheaper in Germany, I have never seen such huge price disparities as in this case.
    B.t.w.:
    In France this set is €389,99
    In Ireland, and in Italy this set is €359,99

I wish TLG would just set the price at €349,99 everywhere in the EMU. I am not amused by what they dare to ask for this set in NL. If I were to buy this set, I would not be want to pay €50 more in NL then consumers from D need to pay for it.
  • DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,079
    *bumb
    (sorry 393 comments was a bit much to read)
    ---
    Really nice building. So curious to see pictures of the inside of the model and close ups of all the figures.

Just one thing totally perplexes me!
    Not so much that it is expensive, but that for no reason at all (no valid one I can think of anyway) this set will cost €399.99 in NL but in D 'only' €349,99. That is a whooping price difference of €50,--. How insane is that! Living standards in both Germany and the Netherlands are overall pretty much the same, VAT in Germany is 19% and in the Netherlands 21% on products such as Lego. Even though I have often noticed that quite a few Lego sets are cheaper in Germany, I have never seen such huge price disparities as in this case.
    B.t.w.:
    In France this set is €389,99
    In Ireland, and in Italy this set is €359,99

I wish TLG would just set the price at €349,99 everywhere in the EMU. I am not amused by what they dare to ask for this set in NL. If I were to buy this set, I would not be want to pay €50 more in NL then consumers from D need to pay for it.
    I don't get the price difference neither,but if you're interested i can ship one from germany to you! I guess shipping won't be more than 20€! ;)
    TheBigLegoski
    So we can expect bootleggers in Nijmegen and Enschede to make regular trips across the border.
    TheBigLegoski
    edited October 2015
    @Diggydoes
    That is very kind of you.
    IF I decide to purchase this and I cannot buy it for the 'Deutsche Preis' directly here in NL (incl. shipping), and the offer still stands, which at +/- €370 happens to be the cheapest option, then I will contact you so we can work it out.
    (Note: first I want to see more pictures, and then I still need to see if I can afford it and/or prefer this set over a bunch other sets)

Thanks for the offer, much appreciated!

ps.
    In Köln you do have an 'official' Legoshop don't you, with a 'pick a brick' wall and all that?

pps.
    It might be possible that TLG [email protected] at some point offers it at double VIP-points and simultaneous has a free bonus gift as well for all purchases over €55, which will change things again. Still €399,99 is way too expensive compared to retail prices in other EU countries.

Diggydoes
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    I would have preferred the dark orange masonry to the dark red.
    Aren't we getting neither?  The pictures look to me like classic LEGO bright red
    dougts said:
    Aren't we getting neither?  The pictures look to me like classic LEGO bright red
    I've thought the same. It looks too bright and not purple enough to be dark red and a bit too dark to be classic red.
    Looks like the same colour red as used for the modular fire brigade building, and it looks good, though burgundy red would have also been really nice.