Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

DC Comics, Super Heroes - Limited Edition Bat-Pod (June 2015)

Comments

• jasonord69ajasonord69a UKMember Posts: 454
    Have just received my shipping notification! It looks like the UK sets are on their way finally. 
    Legoboy
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    SlapNuts said:
    Wow a Bricklinked one already hitting $500+ is beyond my expectations!! How bad are the Shields getting that it would reach this price level now?
  • madejp86madejp86 IllinoisMember Posts: 284
    I got $9 and $8 per shield
  • JdawgJdawg St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada Member Posts: 83
    Got my tires today.  Almost there now.
    Legoboy
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,837
    ^ Stay on target.  Stay on target.
    SumoLegobobabricks
  • madejp86madejp86 IllinoisMember Posts: 284
    My tires finally game in so I am finally done!

BrickDancerWicksy80chuckpAdeelZubairTwoToneBrickskiki180703
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 923
    I was as psyched as everyone else when they were first released and instructions were viewed and everyone was scrambling to get the pieces..yet something happened over the last handful of weeks. I'm just not as excited...something fizzled out. I don't know what. Very peculiar methinks.
  • Wicksy80Wicksy80 Northern IrelandMember Posts: 596
    I've only got tyres and shields so far. Can't wait to source the rest and build it. Just hope I'm getting the Tumbler for my birthday as a surprise!
  • steveomclsteveomcl Member Posts: 202
    @madejp86 lonely looking plaque ;) nice minifigs! 
  • amphurmeungamphurmeung Vancouver, BCMember Posts: 2
    Does anyone in North America have extra shields I could buy? I've got everything but those shields....
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,161
    I have shields on the way.

I've been debating if I want to go ahead and spend the money now for the rest of the parts or just wait. I might order just the few parts that were OoS from Lego from Bricklink and then the rest in about a month when I have more money freed up.
    Russell844
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 674
    I'm just waiting for two more parts from Bricks & Pieces and I'll have one 100% complete. But for $500... I might just sell it. >_>
    pharmjod
    2 (new) black hero factory shields just appeared on bricklink for 2dollars each! Needless to say I snapped them up! Project all black batpod is still on! 
    I started looking into the prices of parts.

Five parts were out of stock direct from Lego (actually one I couldn't even find on the B&P site). I found a single Bricklink store with all five parts in stock, but it looks like the postage might kill me since it's from overseas. I'll do some more analyzing tonight though, as a lot of their parts were cheaper than direct from Lego. The shipping price would be at least $13.
    @SithLord196 what parts are they? Shields? 
  • welo999welo999 AustriaMember Posts: 32
    edited October 2015
    I'm very happy. My Bat-Pod arrived today.  :-)

Packaging was the same as in the US, the sticker on the box said "Batpod German".  The card also was in german.

1.jpg 23.5K
    LegoboychuckpSirBenDarkstarkiki180703
    No, I have the shields on the way.

Specifically it was the left and right wedge, the dark bluish gray bracket, the technic pin and axle connector perpendicular triple, and the one I couldn't find on the B&P site was the Dark Bluish Gray Technic, Brick 2 x 4 x 1 1/3 with Holes and 2 x 2 Cutout.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,247
    How funny. My box did not have the sticker on the outside.
    I will be one happy boy if II manage to snap up the remaining 4 black shields 
  • ARo2891ARo2891 MAMember Posts: 114
    I can't believe a BLed version of this goes for $400 on eBay.  Mine cost $60 to make and I'd find it hard to believe that someone who's willing to drop that much on a set doesn't know there way around Lego and/or sites like Bricklink.  But then again, I could be completely wrong in that assumption...
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,423
    ARo2891 said:
    I can't believe a BLed version of this goes for $400 on eBay.  Mine cost $60 to make and I'd find it hard to believe that someone who's willing to drop that much on a set doesn't know there way around Lego and/or sites like Bricklink.  But then again, I could be completely wrong in that assumption...
    To be sure there are those that do not want to put in an effort to BL and would pay it to say they have one, those who have no idea that such a set can be built using sites like LEGO parts or BL, and there are those that are getting a bit swindled as they may think it is official but it is not (as the listings I have seen fail to mention that it was not the set LEGO sent out but still refer to it as a VIP exclusive), but they do not understand that a set not coming with box or instructions means that it really is not the set LEGO produced and sent out.
  • Lonestar_TXLonestar_TX Connecticut, USAMember Posts: 3
    edited October 2015
    ARo2891 said:

I imagine the people buying these Bricklink versions are being mislead by the descriptions "VIP Exclusive only 1000 worldwide with only 750 in North America". 

When they searched eBay they see the genuine listings for +$1,000 to +$2,000 and then see the misleading listings and think they are getting the real deal and they don't realize that you need at least two (2) things to make the set genuine.
    1. The Box
    2. The Instructions

- The VIP Card (indicating you are a winner)
    - If I ever sell mine - I'll include the FEDEX box it came in with "BATPOD - ENGLISH" labeled on the outside

--Or-- you could be spot on about not knowing their way around Bricklink...  When I first dove into Bricklink, I didn't know to delete the pieces from an order I placed. 

I was building a Battlestar Galactica Raptor (http://i.imgur.com/66qwDpH.jpg) and I ended up with A LOT OF BEIGE BRICKS... before I learned to delete ordered bricks from my "Want List".

LusiferSam
  • ARo2891ARo2891 MAMember Posts: 114

--Or-- you could be spot on about not knowing their way around Bricklink...  When I first dove into Bricklink, I didn't know to delete the pieces from an order I placed. 

Even now, after years on that site, I STILL make mistakes on Bricklink...I was using multiple tabs on my browser ordering parts for my bat pod and didn't refresh a couple wanted lists in stores pages and ordered doubles for about 50 parts.  Obviously not a huge deal but it could've been worse.
    I'm just flat out terrible at using Bricklink. 
    SumoLegoThanos75AdeelZubair
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    OK people, I was rebuilding my tumbler over the weekend ready for the photo op with the bat-pod.  Is it me or is the connection of the post with two flag elements to both sides of windscreen illegal?  The flag element clips stop it sitting properly in the clip it is supposed to fit to (so it stresses it).  Not sure if I did it wrong and am just being silly (or if this has come up before).  Here is a picture of the part I mean:

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,887
    I'm just flat out terrible at using Bricklink. 
    I end up buying all sorts of extra stuff so I don't feel like I'm getting shortchanged on shipping.

It would be quite excellent if there were some 'fulfillment by Bricklink', where vendors could share warehousing space.

(If I win the PowerBall, I'll set that up.)
    MattsWhatSirBenericbbobabricksAdeelZubairkiki180703
    I was actually all set to pull the trigger on an order of parts Sunday night, as I found what might be the one store that has the 5 Bat-Pod parts not currently available direct from Lego, and then the $15 shipping kind of turned me off. I do understand it is overseas shipping, but that's still a lot for just a few pieces.

Plus I'm a little weary about buying used parts as well. 

It looks like I'll have to split the 5 parts between a couple of US based sellers and buy every other part for it I can from them to justify the purchase.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,837
    That's a shame.  I got lucky and was able to buy all but a dozen parts new through one UK BL seller with the remainder from LEGO.  I think it might have worked out cheaper overall and arrived the following day.  What frustrated me was waiting over 3 weeks for the LEGO parts to arrive.
    SumoLegokiki180703
    I just used rebrickable! Probably the handiest way to bulk buy a set! I managed to buy around 94% of the model for around 50euro! The shields and tires came to another 50 however lol! 
    Prefer my own ^ 
  • RpennockRpennock Fredericton, NB CanadaMember Posts: 34
    My 10 week wait is finally over! 

POW!

They forgot to send me the email saying it was shipped, but I'll forgive them this time :)
    khmellymelGoldchainschuckpbobabricksAdeelZubairwayneggkiki180703
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    OscarWRG said:
    Wow...a 1,500 HP Jet Turbine on the Bat-Pod? That would be about the size of the Bat-Pod itself. Here's an example of a 1500 HP Jet Turbine attached to a car:

kiki180703bobabricks
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    steveomcl said:
    Prefer my own ^ 
    @steveomcl - Would you mind posting the final version of your Bat-Pod sticker? There was so much back and forth on the details that I decided to wait until the dust settled to download a copy. Unfortunately, I never determined which image was the final image. :-)
    SlapNuts
  • TwoToneBricksTwoToneBricks KCMember Posts: 37
    Lego finally came through on my B&P order after weeks of waiting. So excited!!! 

Does anyone have a piece list for the plaque? I am definitely wanting to make one for mine. I think I finally have all of the Bat-Pod pieces. Just need to sit down and build. Good things are happening!
  • SuperTrampSuperTramp City 17Member Posts: 1,021
    Where are people getting the spec info from? 

I always thought the batpod was electric.
    edited October 2015
    ^The sound in the movie is definitely an electric motor, but we're talking about Hollywood and the Bat-Pod is about as authentic as the majority of actors/actresses that live there. I think someone just came up with specs based on the Tumbler's specs.
    1265mellow13
  • RpennockRpennock Fredericton, NB CanadaMember Posts: 34

Side by side comparison with the tumbler. 

I've got some more photos on my Flickr account if anyone is interested:

https://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157659870242421

chuckpAdeelZubairSlapNutskiki180703ericbFarmer_Johnsnowhitie
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,702
    I'm in final negotiations to trade three C3PO ploybags and one Joker's Bumper Car for two copies of Breez Flea Machine (44027.)

So I'm looking to pay £25 (Inc. delivery) to a friend in Costs Rica. Fingers crossed I can pick up a pair of tires and black rims soon at a decent price, it's such a shame LEGO cancelled my order a couple of weeks ago :/
    ^The sound in the movie is definitely an electric motor, but we're talking about Hollywood and the Bat-Pod is about as authentic as the majority of actors/actresses that live there. I think someone just came up with specs based on the Tumbler's specs.

I always thought it had electric sound because i read a article where Nathan Crowley( Production designer) described the workings of the Batpod and said the the twin electric engines were located in each hub. 

The real bike did indeed have a low CC petrol engine.
    edited October 2015
    Watch this video and skip to around 3 minutes where they describe engines of the bike.

I know it doesn't matter but i wouldn't want a plaque for the tumbler that said it run on steam.
  • canon03canon03 USAMember Posts: 355
    Anyone have an idea on how to successfully separate the following 2 parts?

I was debating which steering portal to use (light blue grey or pearl gold) and snapped them together.  Then of course I wanted to change to the other color, but cannot get the apart.

• MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    ^I did this too.  Either buy some more or prepare for mangling.  In the end I did it with a knife and some pliers with cloth round them.  It took a while and left the end of the left part in your picture with some rather obvious marks on the very end (the only damage thankfully).  Invisible when built into the Bat-pod though - I checked this would be case before doing it.  They are not expensive particularly, but the size of them means postage wouldn't make it worth ordering just them.  I'll add a couple of spares into a future BL order.
    steveomcl said:
    I just used rebrickable! Probably the handiest way to bulk buy a set! I managed to buy around 94% of the model for around 50euro! The shields and tires came to another 50 however lol! 
    I'm interested as to how you went about this?
  • canon03canon03 USAMember Posts: 355
    @MattsWhat Right after I posted I did the same thing you did (pliers, etc.) and ended up with the same result...a small amount of damage.  My OCD requires the pieces to be replaced so it's off to bricklink.

I tried sticking an axle through the middle and rotate it 45 degrees then pushed down, but it wouldn't budge.
  • exciter1exciter1 Member Posts: 226
    canon03 said:

I was debating which steering portal to use (light blue grey or pearl gold) and snapped them together.  Then of course I wanted to change to the other color, but cannot get the apart.

I had a stuck Technic piece last night like this and I used some jar opener gripper rubber things to get them apart.  Worked slick...

@Farmer_John this was the final product.
    SlapNutsGothamConstructionCoFarmer_Johnkiki1807031265pharmjodAdeelZubair
    @SithLord196 Are you not familiar with rebrickable.com? so basically on their site just search for the batpod via the model number at the top right of their home page.... This will bring up the product information page with a break down of the parts list. The list will show what is rare and what not. Midway down the page you will see a list of shops via Bricklink that have a certain amount of pieces for the set in stock. i.e BOBsBricKS 95% $130 etc there are a number of stores that you can bulk buy the set from with one click, just look for the shop with the most parts to offer and for the cheapest and simply click the link. Thats what I did anyway! just check to make sure the parts are 'NEW'. 
    Farmer_JohnSethro3kiki180703snowhitie
    edited October 2015
    @steveomcl Thanks for the quick overview! That's a great feature which I'll keep in mind in the future.

Looks like that one technic brick doesn't have a lot of stock floating around yet. It's not exactly scarce, but not as common as you'd think either.
  • minjietminjiet MalaysiaMember Posts: 8
    canon03 said:

watch this:

SlapNutscanon03