Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

DC Comics, Super Heroes - Limited Edition Bat-Pod (June 2015)

Comments

• wayneggwaynegg Texas,USAMember Posts: 394
    @YogaFett2  I wouldn't be surprised if LEGO were one step ahead of you on your planned MOC given the popularity of the Tumbler and now Batpod.
    JBricks27
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^I can only wish that a UCS Bat is in the works. What other vehicles (movie, animation, comic) would be viable possibilities for the Dark Knight?

I was bouncing the idea of how to do the plaque stand yesterday and was floating the same idea as you @MattsWhat in extending the single Tumbler plaque stand. But now thinking that it's not large enough if trying to do something similar including the UCS Batmobile #7784. For which I also need a crafty person's help in designing that sticker also.
    LegoboyAdzbadboy
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 946
    @steveomcl Looks great! Thanks again.
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,157
    Well Toys R Us screwed up again, so I don't have the shields. I'm a little angry about it considering I ordered the Breez Flea Machine early last week well before it went out of stock. The store I called over an hour away from me has the set in stock, but won't ship to home over the phone (they're trying to avoid identity theft issues).

I ended up with 4 Bionicle Lewa sets instead, but hey they let me keep them and are refunding me, so can't complain too much. My fiance's brother will get one, I'll build one, my fiance will probably take one, and then who knows about the last one.
  • mampepinmampepin CanadaMember Posts: 63
    TSithLord196 said:
    Well Toys R Us screwed up again, so I don't have the shields. I'm a little angry about it considering I ordered the Breez Flea Machine early last week well before it went out of stock. The store I called over an hour away from me has the set in stock, but won't ship to home over the phone (they're trying to avoid identity theft issues).

I ended up with 4 Bionicle Lewa sets instead, but hey they let me keep them and are refunding me, so can't complain too much. My fiance's brother will get one, I'll build one, my fiance will probably take one, and then who knows about the last one.

There are still some Breez Flea Machines on Amazon.com, albeit slightly pricier than originally...
  • madejp86madejp86 IllinoisMember Posts: 258
    Now I am debating about building two of these. I ordered 4 tires on lego.com and have 6 extra shields. I could sell the shields or build another one. Current one only needs the tires
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    ^they are quite big to display two unless you have quite a bit of space going spare.  Having an all black and a 'normal' would be cool but for me it would mean having to give up displaying the tumbler to put up both (or take over another shelf I guess..).  I have all the stuff for two, but it's just not for me at the moment!
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,769
    MattsWhat said:
     I have all the stuff for two, but it's just not for me at the moment!
    I could find a home for some stuff.
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    madejp86 said:
    Now I am debating about building two of these. I ordered 4 tires on lego.com and have 6 extra shields. I could sell the shields or build another one. Current one only needs the tires
    Tires were available all yesterday and until this morning, but now showing "Out of Stock" at [email protected]
  • mampepinmampepin CanadaMember Posts: 63
    madejp86 said:
    Sell the shields to give one more person the chance of enjoying the set?  ;-)
    edited October 2015
    Here we go then. Pics or it didn't happen. My final decision on the colour way looks like this. Note that the lighting makes it look unsymmetrical in colour on some, it isn't! I added back in some gray simply because it gives it more of a 'naked' look. Gold hub pics at bottom.  

madejp86steveomclkiki180703chuckpAdzbadboy
  • steveomclsteveomcl Member Posts: 188
    My tires for my Tumbler arrived from Lego! It can get back to normal now!
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^^Thanks for illustrating what it looks like with more black subbed in. I've been considering it also, mostly on the gas tank portion top & sides. But seeing it now, I think the original Dark Bley might look better for some reason and more film accurate. But I will be going with the black wheels/gold hub combo (while also having the Light bley originals stored)
    Legoboy
    ^no worries, I have mixed the colours around trying to find my favourite combo. For the price of the bricks it's really worth ordering both colours. The black replacing light blay around the rear hub is well worth it. Everywhere else it's probably each to his/her own. For the record the black looks a lot better in the flesh than it does in pictures. I will post pics with tumbler at some point. The black looks awesome together. 
  • minjietminjiet MalaysiaMember Posts: 8
    MattsWhat said:
    ^no worries, I have mixed the colours around trying to find my favourite combo. For the price of the bricks it's really worth ordering both colours. The black replacing light blay around the rear hub is well worth it. Everywhere else it's probably each to his/her own. For the record the black looks a lot better in the flesh than it does in pictures. I will post pics with tumbler at some point. The black looks awesome together. 
    which is the rear hub u mean?
    ^so around the back wheel, both sides have two light blay thin lift arms and 3 long axles. Replacing with black makes the gold look a bit nicer. See the photos from earlier in the thread where someone has the correct pieces round the gold hub versus my photos, then decide which you prefer! 
    minjiet
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    Anybody have a Batman Bionicle (#4526) to set on the Batpod? I'm thinking that the color of that set may clash (and it's kind of scrawny) so perhaps some skill builder (Vitroleum ????) could whip up a cool articulated Batman to complete the scene. That machine needs a driver! 
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,887
    Cat woman might look better :)
    ecmo47 said:
    Anybody have a Batman Bionicle (#4526) to set on the Batpod? I'm thinking that the color of that set may clash (and it's kind of scrawny) so perhaps some skill builder (Vitroleum ????) could whip up a cool articulated Batman to complete the scene. That machine needs a driver! 
    A Joker Mopeez stealing the Tumbler while a Mopeez Harley Quinn makes off with the Bat-Pod is pretty hilarious!
    So my tires have shipped. Anyone know where exactly they would come from. Lego did not provide tracking
  • Wicksy80Wicksy80 Northern IrelandMember Posts: 563
    I got my shipping notification today too. Now I just have to order the rest of the parts when I get paid again!
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    edited October 2015
    ^ and ^^ - My tires just shipped as well. I recently received my rims in an earlier order and they arrived within a few days. I assume they were shipped from within the States (probably MS).

Not sure about where the international orders are shipped from though...
  • emilewskiemilewski CT, USAMember Posts: 475
    When I ordered my Bricks and Pieces including Tires (it just shipped today) I was told that it was coming direct from Denmark. Delivery is 7 - 10 working days from time of shipment.
  • pbSCpbSC Pennsylvania USAMember Posts: 3
    The tires I got last week came from Groveport, OH.
    edited October 2015
    I've received parts orders from both Denmark and the USA. It's easy to determine which location the order comes from based on how long it takes to arrive. I'm sure my last parts order came from the USA. I guess time will tell where my tires will be shipped from. I did notice that none of my B&P orders have tracking numbers though.
  • Vindic8edVindic8ed Member Posts: 163
    According to this article:
    "The Batpod, a motorbike-like vehicle that is essentially an escape pod from the Tumbler, is steered solely by shoulder movements and capable of turning 90 degrees almost instantaneously. It would cost you a reasonable $1,500,000."

How Much Would It Cost To Be Batman?

http://www.iflscience.com/editors-blog/cost-being-batman
    There was a Batman vs. Ironman cost comparison somewhere too, which I thought was pretty interesting.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,479
    Wow, a LOT of folks spending a lot of time deciding on how to create a tag for display.
    What this does for me is restore the faith that many fans did win these to display.

However, it does make me ponder how many that wanted to win one had to instead BL their own, and many of those who won one have it on eBay right now trying to make their money off of it.
    Looks like the tires are temporarily back in stock at B&P in the USA. FYI...
    madejp86
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,003
    They were back in stock in the UK this morning as well.
  • DollarStudiosDollarStudios UKMember Posts: 45
    Received my Bat-Pod today and it's about time! Anyone else in Europe received theirs yet?
    roxioGoldchainsGothamConstructionCoAdzbadboy
  • drscottypavarottidrscottypavarotti United KingdomMember Posts: 14
    Nope, still not a peep
  • RpennockRpennock Fredericton, NB CanadaMember Posts: 34
    Got a response from customer service.. there's been a delay in shipping, they're still sending them out in waves. Mine is scheduled for shipment later this week thankfully. :)
    Does anyone have a box and/or poster I could borrow for a video I'm making? I'd need it for one weekend and have it back with a bit of thanks promptly thereafter. 
  • Lonestar_TXLonestar_TX Connecticut, USAMember Posts: 3
    waynegg said:
    Does anyone have a box and/or poster I could borrow for a video I'm making? I'd need it for one weekend and have it back with a bit of thanks promptly thereafter. 
    Hey there fellow Texan...  If you're asking for a VIP Bat-Pod card, I have an extra one that I can send your way to keep.  PM me if you want it and I'll send it.
  • Lonestar_TXLonestar_TX Connecticut, USAMember Posts: 3
    waynegg said:
    Hey there fellow Texan...  If you're asking for a VIP Bat-Pod card, I have an extra one that I can send your way to keep.  PM me if you want it and I'll send it.

I've dropped it off at the post - be on the lookout for a yellow envelope.
    Bat-Pod Card http://i.imgur.com/4n0YP78.jpg

Anyone get their tires from lego yet?
    Still waiting for mine. I'm in no hurry though. 
    I have some that were shipped late last week. I'm expecting them anytime, assuming they are shipped from the same location as my other B&P orders.
  • JdawgJdawg St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada Member Posts: 83
    ^same here.  Shipped last Wednesday.  Anytime this week I would think.
  • AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 829
    I had my despatch notice email on 1/10, and I received them yesterday 6/10.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,724
    waynegg said:

I've dropped it off at the post - be on the lookout for a yellow envelope.
    Bat-Pod Card http://i.imgur.com/4n0YP78.jpg

I won't complain @Wagnegg if you want to send it this way once you're finished with it.  ;)
    waynegg
    My tyres turned up today. From Germany. 
  • welo999welo999 AustriaMember Posts: 31
    Seems they began to ship the european winners. Got an FedEx notification yesterday. Shipment is coming from Enfield, US

I'm a little bit excited. :-)

Rpennock
  • danstraindepotdanstraindepot Member Posts: 172
    Does anyone have an extra card for sale?  I finally have acquired a bat pod! Yay!  But no card was included.  
    Rpennock
  • steveomclsteveomcl Member Posts: 188
    My completed.... Mostly black/ gold version of the Bat Pod to try and match the Tumbler! 
    SlapNutsWicksy80Legoboykiki180703chuckpAdzbadboyexciter1
    ^ I must check the instructions again.  Your Bat-Pod looks barely big enough to fit in your kitchen.
    welo999MattsWhatGooker1pharmjodkiki180703ricecakeRainstorm26Adzbadboy
    steveomcl said:
    My completed.... Mostly black/ gold version of the Bat Pod to try and match the Tumbler!
    I think you may have your knee rests on back to front.
    steveomcl