Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What are you building right now?

Comments

• Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 801
    I'm itching to build my Tower Bridge, but I'm moving on the 27th so will have to wait till then. Argh this is torture!
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,366
    Built #76028 - Darkseid Invasion with my daughter. The Javelin was a much more impressive build than I expected. Still glad I picked this up at $50. Would have been way less satisfied with the build at RRP.
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,295
    same as above. though I expected it to look cool. and it does. I wish the figs in the cockpit were more visible.
  • RebelegoRebelego Georgia, USAMember Posts: 171
    edited September 2015
    Worked on these here and there for the past week.  The wife built the Mini Cooper.  She said it was to 'finicky' for her and she prefers the smaller sets. My recruitment for a new AFOL has failed...for now!

BuriedinBricksLegoboykiki180703SalamalexVortexLee
  • LeeLee ukMember Posts: 138
    That's great rsa33!
  • jesirosejesirose McKinney, TXMember Posts: 52
    We are about to bust this open
    TheBigLegoski
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,520
    jesirose said:
    We are about to bust this open
    Me too!
    jesirose
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,346
    edited September 2015
    I just build this set:    #76019
    I don't know why the set number does not link to the right page but to some page on the forum!?!?! Here is the proper link:
    http://brickset.com/sets/76019-1/Starblaster-Showdown

The Starblaster looks very squidy. Quite nice. The set contains three excellent minifigs, and a bunch of awesome scifi blasters. The big gun reminds me of a newly chest bursted xenomorph, and those type of guns also remind me of some of the Covenant weapons from Halo (computer-game). I don't care much for the tiny bad guy ship; it looks pretty abysmal.
    ps.
    @jesirose ;  &  @scoiltreasa ;
    Happy building! Seems like a great set.
    Coolguy5000
    yeah, it actually kinda looks like the plasma rifle. and the other gun makes me think of timesplitters dispersion gun
    I am unfamiliar with 'timesplitters' and hence the dispersion gun from, I assume, a game. Starlord's pistols do look great too. The closest things they resemble in my mind are the small plasma guns/pistols from Halo, though only vaguely. In halo 3 you can shoot with two of those guns simultaneously, holding one in each hand.

Anyway I think the minifigs from #76019 and #76039 will make for interesting clientèle in my Mos Eisley Cantina or any other SW or self imagined sci-fi diorama.
  • zackeschzackesch WisconsinMember Posts: 14
    I'll post photos when I get home, but currently I am creating my first true MOC, a 2 story pub for the wife's harry potter collection, The Golden Snitch. 
    LegoboyJennikiki180703Sethro3
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,834
    Built the Ultra Agents Ocean HQ. Wonderful set, such a shame it was ended so early. Much more enjoyable build than the Maersk 3E
    Lego_Star
  • cristy0791cristy0791 Orange CountyMember Posts: 14
    Building the Batman Tumbler and definitely a challenge 
  • chuxtoyboxchuxtoybox Member Posts: 711
    Haven't cracked it yet but I will be building  #31026 which I bought on clearance at WM 2 days ago.
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 994
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,808
    Just built http://brickset.com/sets/70738-1/Final-Flight-of-Destiny-s-Bounty this afternoon! What a fun set! It's really big and has all kinds of cool play features and great characters!

I kind of wish I had gotten more smaller sets on my last LEGO store visit, because I'm itching to build another set but don't want to open another of the big ones! But of course, if I had gotten more smaller sets I might have already built all of them by now anyway. :P
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 801
    I prefer big sets like modulars. Smaller sets get built way too quickly and ultimately cost more per brick. Plus I never have space to store them and they always end up thrown together in a huge box :-P
    build 3 of my ninjago sets yesterday... 3 mechs
    i ll start with a dragon after work!
    ricecake
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    It's a rainy cold Friday, and my son and I have the day off...
    (Sung:) "It's the most WONderful time,
    It's the most wonDERful time,
    It's the most wonderful time.... of the yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeearrr!"

We're creating some entertaining vignettes, I'll post a few later. :)
    TheBigLegoskiLee
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,834
    Decided to break open the Raptor Escape with my son before it climbs too high in value and makes me second guess it. Fun set, great raptors.
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,248
    Just finished building #11910, I'm glad I didn't pay full price for the book, as I don't see the set as worth AU$25-30, but it is a nice little set.
  • chuxtoyboxchuxtoybox Member Posts: 711
    Currently working on the Advanced Build in set 31026 Bike Shop & Cafe. Apparently I did the Medium Build first. I was surprised when none of the bags were numbered so I had to do a little bit of sorting first which I never usually do. Still kept a lot of it in a container so I could still rummage.

It's not a bad set. Found it on clearance at WM. I'll be doing the Quick Build next and then maybe try to build something original, which is one of the reasons I bought it. I'm want to accumulate a greater assortment of elements to build houses with. 

20 years ago. I think I remember them from the first half of the 90's

edited September 2015
    i think i ll do a car show diorama with 90ies set cars that dont have those new-school mudguards!
    The hot rod club set is a sweet set! Just a bit jealous!!
    cool chrome pieces on the red car
  • Vindic8edVindic8ed Member Posts: 163
    I always wanted to get the Rocky river retreat. Nice sets.
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    Ah, 90s nostalgia...all those sets I missed out on because I was just to young...
    Just finished building the huge set #70409. Now thinking of seeing if I have the pieces for set #6291.
    How do I link the set numbers to Brickset inventory???
  • madejp86madejp86 IllinoisMember Posts: 243
    The hot rod shop was an awesome set. The vehicles were great. I wonder if my little cousin lost all the pieces or not. Will find out in Dec
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,808
    Lee said:
    How do I link the set numbers to Brickset inventory???
    The way you links them automatically on the desktop version of the site (sometimes takes a few seconds to kick in I think). For some reason it doesn't work with the mobile version of the site. When I click those two links right now they work just fine.
    Oh thanks. Yep, they work for me now.
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,382
    Me! I do!
    Legoboy
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,117
    Wow........I have actually never seen that set before. Looks fun. I actually just broke open Arkham Asylum tonight for my build. I'm always  bit behind on my builds.
    Legoboy
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    You'll love it @legoboy, the drivetrain mechanism is just great and the flame effect will hit that sweet spot.
    LegoboyJELJ1S
    building master wu's dragon
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,117
    ^^^^^^ Sweet!!!!
  • mjs5610mjs5610 Member Posts: 11
    In the process of re-building 10237 (Tower of Orthanc). I really need to learn to de-construct and rebag pieces into separate bags. 
  • suprajamessuprajames UK SussexMember Posts: 366
    3 bags into Jokerland, so far pretty good, love the batmobile, loads of stickers so far from 3 bags. Do get the feeling that the set as a whole is a bit weak and really could have done with more. Awesome figures is the sets big plus point, think it will need some nodding once complete. After this have another 5 star wars sets to crack on with.
    CapnRex101
    I just completed building #75100 First Order Snowspeeder.

Really nice build, lots of SNOT techniques applied all over the speeder. There are a few features on the model I want to change, such as: the cannon's inability to swivel horizontally (a design flaw IMO); the position of the clips (for the blasters) on the leftside on the inside of the forward compartment is odd. The set comes with three cool new snowtroopers. Yet, somehow the set seems to lack something for a RRP of €55. In my opinion the set should have contained two more minifigures, and/or a little additional build. As is the set is heavily overpriced. Fortunately the department store where I bought it at had it on special offer for €44, which is what the RRP should have been IMO.

On a positive note the speeder really seems to float well above the surface, with transparent wheels that are tucked away and well hidden underneath the vehicle. The many tiles that cover up many studs also add to the look of the speeder. The vehicle reminds me of the many (high altitude) speeders we got to see in Ep.II Attack of the Clones on Coruscant.
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    Ok, here are a few snippets from our Haunted House build last weekend. The Tiger Lady and her son are trick or treating when they come to a rundown house which is promptly invaded by a horde of mayhem-making monsters. Pandemonium ensues. I cannot wait to finish our Halloween display! Rebuilt the Ghost Train today, just a few more sets to go.
    TheBigLegoskiricecakehkcrazy88tfranklin84
  • Vindic8edVindic8ed Member Posts: 163
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 986
    Had a play with the Airjitzu Flyers and The Jango Fett constraction figure. The flyers were a bit 'so, so' (but still in my mind pretty economical for a good minifig with heaps of gold weapons, a nice selection of slopes and snot parts and a couple of interesting new pieces ). In fact hope they fail in the market as much as Speedors and I can pick them up at similar steep discounts!) 
      Had a real, unexpected, left of centre feeling of satisfaction with Mr Fett.  As someone who just couldn't get into bionic me or HF, These Star Wars Figures (we're calling them) have got some great potential. Can't wait to get Vader & Grevious (which obviously means we'll also need Luke & Obi Wan.