Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

2016 Modular Building

RidzDesignRidzDesign Member Posts: 30
Any ideas when this will be announced or what it will be?

Personally I would love to see something different in the line, maybe some more classical architecture like a bank.

What are your votes/hopes?
Natebw

Comments

• KavsterKavster London, UKMember Posts: 75
    edited September 2015
    I'm quite looking forward to finding out.
    I touched on the idea of a grand train station in this thread a little while ago...

http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/comment/380863/#Comment_380863
    Emk
  • akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,034
    My guess is that whatever it is, it is going to have those new swirly column topper pieces that we got in the LEGO Friends sets. :)
    Emk
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,342
    Rumors are it is a bank.
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    CM4S said:
    Rumors are it is a bank.
    No doubt in the midst of a robbery.
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,448
    with a safe full of cookies
    bobabricks
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    bank would be a good choice.  tellers, atm, vault, offices upstairs maybe?  some robberrs trying to break in the back window or something.

by the pattern, we are due to get a corner.  bank lends itself well for a corner
    madforLEGO
  • CupIsHalfEmptyCupIsHalfEmpty CanadaMember Posts: 547
    ^Maybe a school bus smashed into the side of it with the Joker driving. Oh wait, did I go to far?
    RidzDesignkiki180703JELJ1SRonyarGoldchainsAdeelZubairbobabrickshayanbricksAmanda1983
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,670
    dougts said:
    bank would be a good choice.  tellers, atm, vault, offices upstairs maybe?  some robberrs trying to break in the back window or something.

by the pattern, we are due to get a corner.  bank lends itself well for a corner
    Yeah likely a corner, in which case bank is a good filler for that with a corner entrance.
    I guess they still could do a store and some residential space above it. Will be interesting to see what LEGO comes up with.

• natro220natro220 USAMember Posts: 545
    Bank would be awesome!  Definitely a good addition to my Lego town, better than more police or fire.  Although I'd eventually like a modular Police Headquarters.
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    Meh. A bank just sounds so... Boring. 
  • KavsterKavster London, UKMember Posts: 75
    Maybe an 'Old English Pub' type building.
    I think that could be something with interesting building techniques, especially with the timber frame type buildings.

(I'm aware this picture is not a pub, but i'm just showing the type of building I mean)

GoldchainsdafishAmanda1983
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,670
    edited September 2015
    CircleK said:
    A movie theater, Cafe Corner, Green Grocer, and Emporium are just crazy entertainment? I think it is safe to say the Mods are more for displaying in a town MOC than having fires break out in them. At least a bank could be robbed. heck they could do a library too, I rescind my earlier arguments about how boring Mods are anymore. If we want excitement then I guess it is the City theme for us.
    Amanda1983
  • natro220natro220 USAMember Posts: 545
    A bank could showcase some great building techniques, and architectural designs yet unseen in modulars.  Banks used to be ornate, elaborate, and beautiful.  Maybe you're thinking of your neighborhood Citibank branch?
    RidzDesignAmanda1983
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    edited September 2015
    A museum would be fantastic. But space is always going to be an issue with creating a good museum, a 32x32 footprint is way too small to do one justice.
    dinogirl1375Amanda1983
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,520
    Art Gallery.
    dinogirl1375Amanda1983
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    CircleK said:
    A movie theater, Cafe Corner, Green Grocer, and Emporium are just crazy entertainment? I think it is safe to say the Mods are more for displaying in a town MOC than having fires break out in them. At least a bank could be robbed. heck they could do a library too, I rescind my earlier arguments about how boring Mods are anymore. If we want excitement then I guess it is the City theme for us.
    I'm not sure "crazy entertainment" would be the words I use to describe those buildings, but I do find shopping, dining, pool halls, and going to the movies more entertaining than I do visiting a bank. A bank sounds like it could be a little too "Town Hall" for me. I thought the TH was as boring to look at as it was to look in. 

I have really liked the last two Mods however, so I have high hopes for the next one regardless of its function. My personal wish was for a hardware shop, candy / sweets store, ice cream parlor, museum, bakery, or even a post office. And Yes, I think a post office would be less boring than a bank. 
    I'm going with a Cafe Corner.

After this year, I wouldn't put anything past Lego.
    I don't own an original CC, and I would *HATE* this.
    BumblepantsRidzDesignBrickDancerkiki180703binaryeyeGoldchains
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,873
    Didn't we just have this discussion?
    VorpalRyu
  • RidzDesignRidzDesign Member Posts: 30
    I was thinking along these lines... 

And I totally need another corner building... 
    klatu003dafishAmanda1983
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 867
    A bank sounds fantastic.  Probably another two-story  modular, but with floor-to-floor heights and proportions similar to Fire Brigade.  Wonderful opportunity to create a signature corner entry with a grand staircase.  Great opportunity to design a Neoclassical stone facade with traditional details.  
    Amanda1983

^ And now we officially have a rumour!

Harry Tuttle exclusive minifig... and perhaps we can throw in a Ministry of Silly Walks as well?

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,580

Maybe they'll mix it up a bit, and rather than re-releasing something that has already been done before they'll release a Corner Cafe instead. :-)

kiki180703VorpalRyubobabricksAmanda1983
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    If they really wanted to mix it up, they would release CC, but with the door on the OTHER side. That'd be a unique building experience for us.
    VorpalRyuAmanda1983
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    caterham7 said:
    Crimson Permanent Assurance modular announced

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gotoandlego/sets/72157625268071448/
    Awesome
    dafish
  • Brick_ObsessionBrick_Obsession in a "Brick" house - Calgary, AlbertaMember Posts: 654
    I was hoping this would start to pop up on the next street over...

kiki180703Dedgeckoklatu003bobabricks
    CCC said:

Maybe they'll mix it up a bit, and rather than re-releasing something that has already been done before they'll release a Corner Cafe instead. :-)

Better yet - "Royal Hotel"...
  • wayneggwaynegg Texas,USAMember Posts: 394
    Burlesque house...
    VorpalRyugmonkey76Toc13bobabricksThe_Mad_Vulcan
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,419
    SumoLego said:

Harry Tuttle exclusive minifig... and perhaps we can throw in a Ministry of Silly Walks as well?

I change my vote.  I'm now hoping for a Crimson Permanent Assurance modular.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xyqxc_the-crimson-permanent-assurance_fun
    Is that Tuttle or Buttle? Also, different movies, Tuttle / Buttle character is from Brazil, Crimson PA is from one of the best movies ever, The Meaning of Life. I want a modular CPA and, another modular of the building they attack.
    VorpalRyucrazycarl
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 867
    waynegg said:
    Burlesque house...

THAT should be the next Simpsons set :).
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,419
    edited October 2015
    waynegg said:
    Burlesque house...
    VorpalRyuwayneggkiki180703GoldchainsMynattbobabricksJBricks27
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,117
    My last name is Tuttle.....hmmmm.
    AllBrick
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,304
    I think the next modular should be a pub, they could do Moe's Tavern at the same time, break the no promoting drinking taboo not once, but twice in the same year...
    xiahna
  • crazycarlcrazycarl USAMember Posts: 392
    To be released in America only.  The corner Gun Shop!!!!  Now that's taboo!!
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,304
    In all seriousness, for a corner mod, I would love an arcade, particularly Flynn's Arcade, complete with Space Paranoids billboard.
    AllBrickNatebwxiahnaAmanda1983
  • wayneggwaynegg Texas,USAMember Posts: 394
    Dante's Inferno Room...ha! I was thinking more like this.
  • hoodaddyhoodaddy USMember Posts: 317
    Going around the little downtown where I live, most of the buildings are similar architecture to the modulars.  Most of the occupants are restaurants, a couple bars, a couple boutique shops, attorney offices, a hardware store, a toy store and an antique store.  There is an old town hall building in the middle of the square.  Where I grew up, there were similar buildings and an old theater like the one pictured above.  I'd be fine with anything, as long as the details and style of the building are interesting.
    Amanda1983
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    They should do a modular lego store ...
    kiki180703
  • kiki180703kiki180703 Montreal, CanadaMember Posts: 1,045
    ^YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!
    Bricklover18
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    ^^with a modular lego store displayed in the window. They would sell a ridiculous amount of that if they made it. I don't collect modular but couldn't resist a lego store. Doubt it would happen though.
    kiki180703SumoLegoAllBrickAdeelZubairAmanda1983
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,651
    They should do a modular lego store ...
    Shameless Plug:

I'm currently half way through designing one. In my Flickr album it's mainly the small builds that will be for the interior as I'm saving the final model untill it's done, enjoy! :)

https://flic.kr/s/aHsk1CYRoX
    VorpalRyu
    AllBrick said:
    SumoLego said:

I change my vote.  I'm now hoping for a Crimson Permanent Assurance modular.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xyqxc_the-crimson-permanent-assurance_fun
    Is that Tuttle or Buttle? Also, different movies, Tuttle / Buttle character is from Brazil, Crimson PA is from one of the best movies ever, The Meaning of Life. I want a modular CPA and, another modular of the building they attack.
    Yes, I was going for a mixed metaphor.  It was actually a triple Gilliam reference...

Flying Circus, Meaning of Life, and Brazil...

I suppose one could draw parallels between the Time Cruisers and Time Bandits?
    AllBrickdafishAmanda1983
    When can I start the 2017 Modular Building thread?

Better yet, what if they DON'T release a 2016 modular?

(Please throw your rotten tomatoes... now!)
    VorpalRyu
     We should all start worrying when the promotional text includes the phrase  "Complete your modular building collection"
    SumoLegoFollowsCloselyVorpalRyukiki180703AdeelZubairdafishAmanda1983
    ^ Golly, aren't you just the fatalist? 

(Please throw your rotten tomatoes at @dougts)
    DedgeckoVorpalRyukiki180703dafishAmanda1983