DC Comics, Super Heroes - Limited Edition Bat-Pod (June 2015)

Comments

• SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,146
    I see that #44027 can no longer be shipped to home from Toys R Us.

I am now in serious doubt I will get my items. I shall demand a refund and send my two Lewa sets back, but considering I ordered those sets on like Tuesday of last week well before they went out of stock online, I'm going to be a little upset with them.
  • madejp86madejp86 IllinoisMember Posts: 240
    Yeah I did my orders as pick up in store
    Unfortunately that was not an option for me. The nearest store with any in stock was almost 50 miles away.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,861
    I would suggest checking your local TRU for the Bees Knees Cheese Please Machine on clearance.  #44027

If someone wants me to grab the pair they had left.  I'll be happy to try and get them.  I think they were $28.04.

edited September 2015
    There is where I got mine :D I have to sets if anyone is interested. Buyer would cover shipping from Illinois
    Unfortunately that was not an option for me. The nearest store with any in stock was almost 50 miles away.
    Bah!

Some folks fly across the globe to track down sets...
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,520
    Anyone  seen  this before.  On an irish selling website.  Claims it has official  lego  marks. Also  has prototype  dc minifigures. 
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,802
    ^Those figs in that last image seem to me like obvious counterfeits. The Batman fig could also be a counterfeit, but it's really impossible to tell with such poor photography.

In any case, I think that kind of thing would be better shared in the general DC discussion than the Bat-Pod discussion.
    SumoLego
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,253
    If anyone wondered what the Joker looked like with a stomach virus...

kiki180703
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    So have the Canada and Europe winners received theirs yet?  It's been around two weeks since the US winners started getting them.

I have noticed that the E-bay prices have dropped rapidly, and average sale price is around $1000-1200 or so.  

It's rather messed up that CA/EU has to wait, and lose out on a larger payday if they decide to sell them.  
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 944
    steveomcl said:
    Sorry my bad! saved the wrong version of @benbacardi image. Hope this is better 

I like the max speed change.  Can you do me a favor and make one for me that instead of the three wheel descriptors, add the following:

ENGINE:  Liquid-cooled, single-cylinder

GEARS:   5-speed, chain driven

FUEL:      Gasoline

edited September 2015
    @steveomcl   I also meant to say that I like the Lego Bat-Pod graphic.  It's a Lego graphic like the Tumbler plaque.

With my replacement (shorter) descriptors, this should move the specs more to the left giving more view of the graphic.  Also, when one talks about their bike, these are more fitting.
    SumoLegokiki180703
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,708
    Re:those figures. The yellow Catwoman head is real, a bug seller on BL has been selling them for a while. The red bat on Batman looks like a custom. It looks raised compared to the rest of the print. Probably the same with the wings.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    I agree with @1265's suggestion of switching the Wheel specs for the Engine specs.
  • RpennockRpennock Fredericton, NB CanadaMember Posts: 34
    So have the Canada and Europe winners received theirs yet?  It's been around two weeks since the US winners started getting them.

I have noticed that the E-bay prices have dropped rapidly, and average sale price is around $1000-1200 or so.  

It's rather messed up that CA/EU has to wait, and lose out on a larger payday if they decide to sell them.  
    I'm still waiting. Wednesday will be 8 weeks since I received my provisional winner email... the "winners euphoria" has definitely worn off. Just rather depressing now, the endless waiting for a shipment notification. 
    I agree with @1265's suggestion of switching the Wheel specs for the Engine specs.
    When I talk about motorcycles, I always focus on the tires.  Who doesn't love tires!
    edited September 2015
    SumoLego said:
    When I talk about motorcycles, I always focus on the tires.  Who doesn't love tires!

Tires are great, but 65lbs......LOL!!  Maybe you need a push start.
    In this case, it's jump start is being jettisoned from the Tumbler.
    SumoLego said:
    In this case, it's jump start is being jettisoned from the Tumbler.
    Not in the movie....it's jumped started in a static position.  But, it's hollywood.....you believe what you want.
    umm wheels are back in stock on lego.com cough
  • Wicksy80Wicksy80 Northern IrelandMember Posts: 542
    Ordered! Thanks @madejp86 ;
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,624
    I ordered my black rims and tires and now they have sent me an email to say they have been cancelled :/

• steveomclsteveomcl Member Posts: 187
    @1265 I will see what I can do. 

I tried sending the plaque to a couple of custom sticker companies but turns out the design breaks a couple of copyright laws so companies won't touch it. I will have to find a local print ship to get them made. 
  • minjietminjiet MalaysiaMember Posts: 8
    hope those specification helps to make the plaque
  • addemlitaddemlit CaliforniaMember Posts: 118
    If anyone can order an extra pair of tires, I will PayPal them the costs + shipping
    @1265 will this do?
    steveomcl said:
    @1265 will this do?

i like this ver.......how to get it print?
    Local print stores will probably be the only option, I have tried online sticker outlets but the design is against their copyright laws. 
    I got a shipping notice from Toys R Us this morning about my replacement items shipping, so maybe I'll manage to get the shields after all.
  • canon03canon03 USAMember Posts: 322
    I'm interested to see the bat-pod customized with perl gold parts (wheel hub, etc.).  Anyone willing to share a picture who have performed these replacements?
    @canon03 working on it :) waiting on 2 more parcels just 
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 590

LOL - Yea, losing out on a larger payday for an item someone wins b/c they want to sell it asap.  I can see how that's messed up. SMH
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    canon03 said:
    I'm interested to see the bat-pod customized with perl gold parts (wheel hub, etc.).  Anyone willing to share a picture who have performed these replacements?

That depends how much gold you mean by etc.  The tumber actually has very little gold, so the only gold I have on mine is the hubs.  I have swapped out the gray around the wheels to black except for some of the griebling.  Assuming that came from the inside of the tumbler (which is mostly gray I kinda figured it looked OK).  I am undecided on the slopes on the top, in all black it's nice but doesn't photograph too well.. a bit like the tumbler.  I'm working late today, but will try to put up pics later.  Won't be next to my tumbler sadly, that is currently not on display (will be changing shortly...).
  • canon03canon03 USAMember Posts: 322
    @MattsWhat That exactly the mods I'm curious to see.  Black wheels with gold hubs to match the tumbler.
    So this is my UNFINISHED Bat Pod, I just wanted to share the black rims and gold hubs with you. It is hard to photograph and I am no expert by any means. I think it is looking well. I have scanned the parts list and there is really only 3 parts that are available in pearl gold that both appear on the Tumbler and Bat Pod that could be swapped out.... they are #11950 #63965 and #11090. I have black parts ordered for the fuel tank and frame also. I will upload my final photos next week. These parts were all acquired on Brick Link including shields for around £90. The tyres I ripped off my Tumbler just for this experiment. 
    Bumblepantscanon03kiki1807031265GothamConstructionCochuckp
    I could be one of the first in the UK to own a batpod! (Partial batpod)
    Think I'm gonna go with gold hubs and black rims too. Only got shields and tyres ATM. 
    Annoying how #93609 is only available in white or aqua blue would look great in pearl gold 
    Sorry, but I'm UK based and finished it in true colours last week! (Doubt I was the first though)  I am now swapping out the gray.  The back wheel looks really nice if you swap the light blay thin lift arms and axles around the back wheels - pics to follow...
  • BillybrownBillybrown UKMember Posts: 748
    edited September 2015
    steveomcl said:
    I could be one of the first in the UK to own a batpod! (Partial batpod)
    Did you/anyone else find out why there seems to be a discrepancy in the parts list? I count 338 pieces here http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-dc-comics-super-heroes-bat-pod-5004590-parts-list/
    Yet it's a 311 piece set?
    Aanchir
    I have 6 X #40116 if anyone is interested in them. They are £4.99 each, got a second set for a friend but they're not bricklinking this now. 
    Any UK winners received their sets though? Whats the going rate on Ebay now for a bricklinked set? 

I am just waiting for post I will also swap out 90% of grey for black! I do like the grey shields though! Just abit more gold to add and I'm done! Also working on the plaque!

Just have to wait for my tires in the post to put my poor Tumbler back together.

edited September 2015
    Black swapped into the back wheel. I'm all black now but missing the 1x8 tile in black until the end of the week. It's actually an awesome display piece. No winners appear to have them in the UK yet. Can't believe you are thinking of selling! As for value, the rare parts alone are £50 now so up towards £100 as a minimum I guess.  Full size pics to follow when I have the missing brick and some decent light. 
    steveomcl
    I was just curious about resale price! If I thought some desperate being would buy it off me complete for 300dollars I'd be happy to keep making them for £100 lol! Nah deffo keeping it! It's already beside the Tumbler and looks right at home! 
    Can't wait for the end of the week to have all my pieces and enough spares to play around with black's,greys and golds. 
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    1265 said:
    steveomcl said:
    Sorry my bad! saved the wrong version of @benbacardi image. Hope this is better 

I like the max speed change.  Can you do me a favor and make one for me that instead of the three wheel descriptors, add the following:

ENGINE:  Liquid-cooled, single-cylinder

GEARS:   5-speed, chain driven

FUEL:      Gasoline

Really like the plaques...

I recently watched The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises and noticed that the Bat-Pod just doesn't sound like it runs on a gasoline powered engine. It almost sounds like it's an electric motor...nice and quiet. As for single-cylinder, I just don't hear my weed-eater when I hear the Bat-Pod screaming past in the movies. Almost seems like some Hollywood writer with no knowledge of vehicles and engines dreamed up the fictional specs for this thing.
    "The Bat Pod actually runs, though Chris Corbould (the designer) has not revealed which engine it’s fitted with, or exactly how fast it goes"

Hollywood apparently dubbed the engine sound with a Tesla roadster to make it more appealing on screen! Like I said the jury will always be out on the engine specs which is why we can say what we want! 

If anyone else would like a personalised version of plaque with their own opinion on the specs feel free to ask @benbacardi or myself. 

For me personally I never look at any of my UCS plaques I just know they are there next to my models and trust Lego got them right! 

I will eventually print a version I deem appropriate for myself and display it for fun if nothing else.