Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

General Marvel Discussion

SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,610
Some 2016 set news for you

76047 Captain America : Civil War #3 34.99 €

76048 Iron Skull Sub Attack 34.99 €

76049 Avenjet Space Mission 69.99 €

76050 Captain America : Civil War #1 24.99 €

76064 Marvel Avengers #4 : Racers 9.99 €

76065 Marvel Avengers #5 : Racers 9.99 €

76066 Marvel Avengers #6 : Racers 9.99 €

Junior Set

10721 Iron Man vs Loki 12.99 €

VBaskin2008

Comments

• PurplorosPurploros USAMember Posts: 82
    edited September 2015
    Don't forget the Doctor Strange set ;)
    VBaskin2008
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,610
    ^ I didn't have them on my list but feel free to add more news or I will update when I can.
    VBaskin2008
    ^ That's Marvel alright the cues in the name I think.
    VBaskin2008
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,626
    (General Marvel... Captain Marvel.)
    dougtspharmjodkiki180703MynattPitfall69VBaskin2008
    edited September 2015
    I get it now, sorry long night, thought it was a comment on all the topics some people have a general grievous about it (see what I did there).
    VBaskin2008
    I think they have a very Specific Grievous about it.

Hey hey!
    TheLoneTensorkiki180703VBaskin2008
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,117
    Can we have a General Grievous topic aswell ?
    TheLoneTensorPurplorosdougtskiki180703VBaskin2008Dontcopythatfloppy
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,212
    Any word on when the Spider-Man Duplo sets? We're wanting the one with Gobby for our mister not quite eighteen months old (trying to get him started on MARVEL earlier than his brother).
    VBaskin2008

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-marvel-super-heroes-hulk-5003048-minifigure-polybag-image-found/

5003048 Hulk Age of Ultron Polybag

Looks really cool although not too happy that it is another toys r us one as they can be hard to find for some.

MasterBeefyBrickDancerVBaskin2008
    ^ Oh YAY! TRU exclusive again? FRAKKING GREAT! There goes any chance we'll get any in Australia then... :(
    kiki180703VBaskin2008
  • chuxtoyboxchuxtoybox Member Posts: 711
    edited September 2015
    Hulk's my favorite but I don't have TRU near me anymore and I live in the US, so I'll probably have to buy on Ebay.

Sticker sheet in a polybag? Interesting. I guess it's not the first time but it's new to me.

As much as I like my Hulk bigfig I think I like the minifigure better. I have the first poly but opened it. I would probably keep this one sealed.
    VBaskin2008
  • thebrickgeekthebrickgeek ukMember Posts: 27
    edited September 2015
    I think that there might be a thanos big-fig

VBaskin2008
    @thebrickgeek, from all that's been said, think you'll be waiting for the 2017 set releases for him.
    VBaskin2008
  • JayEmJayEm United KingdomMember Posts: 62
    @thebrickgeek @VorpalRyu , Thanos is confirmed for the Avenjet Space Mission by multiple sources. Along with Captain Marvel.
    Thanos75VBaskin2008
    @JayEm, really? That's awesome news, any word he's a bigfig?
    VBaskin2008
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,117
    I understand the reasoning behind wanting to make Thanos a big fig but I really would prefer a normal sized one. I'm just glad it's not a comic con exclusive because it would be the one fig that I would feel compelled to spend that stupid kind of money on.
    VBaskin2008
  • EddieDoesntMindEddieDoesntMind Member Posts: 329
    The sources say he's a bigfig.
    VBaskin2008
    My only beef with the bigfigs is the posture. It works for the Hulk or a troll, but not for a character like Darkseid or Thanos. Darkseid and Thanos usually stand (or in Thanos' case sit) straight and tall like regal characters that lord above all, not hunched over. (I myself have always perceived these guys to be pretty much the same character but I don't know them that in depth.)

Image result for darkseidImage result for thanos
    VBaskin2008Dontcopythatfloppy
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,868
    All I know is one is DC the other is Marvel. Other than that, no clue if they essentially represent the same essential character type.
    VBaskin2008Dontcopythatfloppy
    edited September 2015
    JayEm said:
    @thebrickgeek @VorpalRyu , Thanos is confirmed for the Avenjet Space Mission by multiple sources. Along with Captain Marvel.
    Yup! I originally broke the news on Thanos over on Eurobricks :)
    VBaskin2008
  • TheUltimateTFOLTheUltimateTFOL Texas, USAMember Posts: 153
    I can see many people tweaking this so we can finally have a Lego space station. Unless there is no space station and it is just another shuttle. At 70 dollars though I wouldn't expect just that unless it was a really tricked out shuttle. It won't be like any of our other 120 dollar space shuttles because this one obviously takes place in space and doesn't need boosters or anything.
    VBaskin2008
    I can see many people tweaking this so we can finally have a Lego space station. Unless there is no space station and it is just another shuttle. At 70 dollars though I wouldn't expect just that unless it was a really tricked out shuttle. It won't be like any of our other 120 dollar space shuttles because this one obviously takes place in space and doesn't need boosters or anything.
    It's just the Avenjet and a platform for Thanos :/
    VBaskin2008
    http://www.brickheroes.com/2015/09/lego-mighty-micros-dc-marvel-2016/

76064 Mighty Micros : Spiderman vs Green Goblin

76065 Mighty Micros : Captain America vs Red Skull

76066 Mighty Micros : Hulk vs Ultron

VBaskin2008
    ^ I was interested in these, but upon hearing more, I hope this is a joke...
    xiahnaVBaskin2008
    The translation is quite eye-opening.  Not sure why Hulk would throw a chicken at Ultron.
    kiki180703BumblepantsVBaskin2008Dontcopythatfloppy
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 562
    From the description it seems very little bang for your buck. But then again the micro fighters are already small, and have only room for one figure. Having to split up the parts for 2 figures sadly makes for a small model.

But at the end of the day I am happy that it will be an easy way to get figures.  
    crazycarlVBaskin2008
    @Mynatt, not really, the minifigures for those sets are apparently going to be using shorter hobbit/child leg pieces... Hence, part of the reason why I am hoping this isn't actually a thing.
    xiahnaVBaskin2008

"From what I could see at the moment, the minifigs accompanying vehicles will be well minis complete (head, torso, legs) but it seems that the legs are those usually used by LEGO minifigs on representing children ( or hobbits), ie those shorter and without joints."

So with small legs you cant just take the figure out and use it and this will greatly lower its appeal. With two figures these could have been so much better value than microfighters but without full figures I am not sure where these fit in my collection.   

VBaskin2008
    @SMC, for me, if what is being said at the moment sums up these will be like, their place in my collection is same as the constraction figures, which aren't in my collection. The difference there is that I missed out on the constraction figures & I would have only considered them if they were on a sale at a price I was willing to pay, these things, well...
    xiahnaVBaskin2008
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,411
    Seems fine to me: remove short legs and insert regular legs of the correct colour.

kiki180703VBaskin2008
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    CCC said:
    Seems fine to me: remove short legs and insert regular legs of the correct colour.

That will work for some, but the ones I was most looking forward to will need printed legs to look right (Goblin and Hulk). 

They are most likely a pass for me now. 
    VorpalRyuVBaskin2008
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,411
    The print on the recent Green Goblin wasn't that great (#10687). I don't know if it's just the one I got, but the print is nto very central. The one on BL looks similar so I assumed they are all bad. I think he looks better with purple hips and plain green legs. He's missing his boots anyway.

And what's wrong with naked Hulk? :-)

VBaskin2008
    VorpalRyu said:
    @SMC, for me, if what is being said at the moment sums up these will be like, their place in my collection is same as the constraction figures, which aren't in my collection. The difference there is that I missed out on the constraction figures & I would have only considered them if they were on a sale at a price I was willing to pay, these things, well...

Same here I have every set from DC and Marvel except those 6 and more than happy to find a way to pass on a few more now the line is getting larger.

CircleK said:
    CCC said:

That will work for some, but the ones I was most looking forward to will need printed legs to look right (Goblin and Hulk). 

They are most likely a pass for me now. 
    Yep some will look odd and unfinished without printing so you might get to the point where other printed legs would work and the cost soon adds up. I also object to having to buy legs for figures that should come complete in the first place so I will vote with my wallet on this one.  
    VBaskin2008
    Well then. I'm bummed about the kid legs. The only thing that would win me over is if it is amazing, or if the kid legs can end up bending to allow sitting and walking motion.
    VBaskin2008
    Just wanted to note, that I'm shocked there is a minifigure release of the Hulk.  I find it very curious and odd.
    VorpalRyuVBaskin2008
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,609
    ^well there is the minifig Hulk polybag that recently got added to the database. Looks fairly good to me. The tiny legs idea is terrible though. Cannot imagine that looking good. Still might be a decent option for getting my kids the Superheros they want and then just buying regular legs to match.
    VBaskin2008
    ^^ Not too sure why your shock it will be the 3rd after the 2 polybags and its cool to have the choice of big fig or not.
    VBaskin2008
    Still waiting on a Bruce Banner figure...
    VorpalRyuCurvedRoadPlateBumblepantsAdzbadboyVBaskin2008Dontcopythatfloppy
    @Mynatt, I think a lot of us are, that & Peter Parker...
    xiahnaVBaskin2008

A Bruce Banner just starting to turn green would be cool too.

VBaskin2008
    ^ Puny Seasick Banner...

Maybe I focus too much on scale, but I can't take a Hulk minifigure seriously.  
    VorpalRyugmonkey76VBaskin2008
    How would you design a Peter Parker figure so that he would be distinguishable?
    How would you design a Bruce Banner so that he would be distinguishable?

Maybe you could give BB purple pants, lab coat and glasses. Perhaps ripped white shirt and ripped purple pants.

Peter with Spidey costume revealed under his shirt like Clark Kent figure. 
    VBaskin2008
    ^ Or TLG could just make them look like their minifigures in the Lego MARVEL Superheroes Video Game, I thought that both likenesses were pretty good for minifigs.

Also add a General Ross minifigure & a Red Hulk big fig to that list...
    xiahnaVBaskin2008

Why isn't this a real set?

I don't have the Marvel video game so was looking for pictures of PP and BB and came across this GR.

General Ross is a good choice.

I haven't read a Hulk comic in years but I thought that General Ross being the Red Hulk was silly. Why didn't Red Hulk have a mustache? You can't tell me it's because Hulk can't have facial hair because he has it as the Maestro.

Did Lego make The Leader? They could use the CMF scientist head in green.
    She Hulk? Red She Hulk? Gray Hulk? Seems to be a lot of character's from Hulk's world they could do.
    VorpalRyugmonkey76AdzbadboychuckpVBaskin2008Dontcopythatfloppy
    ^I think that it is not a set due to it being an inevitable fire hazard.
    kiki180703VorpalRyuAdzbadboychuckpVBaskin2008Dontcopythatfloppy
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,245
    Mynatt said:
    ^I think that it is not a set due to it being an inevitable fire hazard.
    I was actually going to add a joke about needing Power Functions to create the flames but decided not to. :)
    VBaskin2008
     The first big fig I ever had was a troll in one of the dwarf sets, and as far as I know that was the first one created (not counting Troll in the Dungeon who I consider a different style). The cave troll in LOTRs set was the second. I didn't see them as main characters though anymore than I would see a taun taun or dewback. They're still sort of accessories. To me the Hulk was the first character they made a big fig.

As much as I like my Hulk bigfig I'd rather see a main character in minifig form. That's where the cool factor is, that LEGO was able to make a minifigure of a particular character. Plus minifigures are more pose able. Bigfigs are less pose able than minidolls. 
    VBaskin2008
    Fauch said:
    One of the things that put me off when Ninjago first was released was those skeletons with boots. 
    VBaskin2008