Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

scratchdesk: Greetings Everyone

scratchdeskscratchdesk Member Posts: 155
edited January 2012 in Introduce yourself
Hi all, I joined up a couple days ago and have been lurking for a while now. I've just started to buy legos for me and the little one to work on together. Got her some of the friends sets and not able to pass up on a good deal bought a whole slew of Star Wars sets at WalMart. I collected Star Wars action figures in my teens and have them all boxed up so I guess the theme interest is still there, just moving to something a little more... exciting than boxed and boarded action figures. I plan on hanging around here and learning and growing my small (12 set) collection!

Comments

• LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,497
    Welcome! Hope your littl'un enjoys the Friends sets as much as I am.
    Star Wars too, eh? That's a slippery slope my friend...

Hope you enjoy being part of our Community!
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    Welcome to the forum!
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,142
    Welcome to Bricklink! You picked a good time to start collecting SW.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,497
    edited December 2011
    ^ Eh? You mean Brickset, surely @vwong19? :)
    I agree with your comment though, I'm much more excited about 2012's SW sets than I was about 2011's, unfortunately for my bank balance...
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,142
    Sorry... wow Brickset! Bricklink may be something you may get hooked on down the road...
  • 2011Legomaniac2011Legomaniac Member Posts: 32
    Welcome to the forum scrachdesk! hope you dont get too hooked, like most of us, and start spending all your $$ on legos... I think most of us are broke now, after all the sales and deals on legos past couple months. There's too much to collect, and not enough $$$!!!
  • scratchdeskscratchdesk Member Posts: 155
    Thanks folks!

Yeah, I do tend to get into rather expensive hobbies... haha. At least this is one that is multi-purpose in that it's fun to collect, display and build!
  • 2011Legomaniac2011Legomaniac Member Posts: 32
    ...also a GREAT investment, if you know what to buy, and get it for cheap
  • scratchdeskscratchdesk Member Posts: 155
    I rarely pay full price, lol. I am a bargain hunter if there ever was one.
  • StuBoyStuBoy New ZealandMember Posts: 623
    I used to only collect Castle... then Star Wars took my fancy... then Pirates... then City for my son.... now Modulars and anything else I like the look of! Thank goodness I only collect the OT Star Wars, otherwise I'd be broke(r)!

Welcome to the forum and if your experience is anything like mine you will learn a lot (and be tempted into other themes...)