Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

DC Comics, Super Heroes - Limited Edition Bat-Pod (June 2015)

Comments

• BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^It only has 3 shields per set.
    Farmer_John
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,066

3 + 3 = 8
    bobabrickskiki180703exciter1Mynatt
  • Vindic8edVindic8ed Member Posts: 163
    Ah, nvm, you're right.  For some reason I was thinking there were four legs.

Anyway, there are more back on BL.

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?viewFrom=sa&q=4623002&searchSort=P&sz=25
  • DawnDawn GoldMember Posts: 247
    A seller and buyer warning, I have seen a few listings on eBay (some might be from brickset members) that they would not even open the (shipping) box and ship it back in the box it came in.. If it came in a ULine 12x6x6 box, it is too short in length (by 1/4") and it may compress the inside box (if it has not already)
    SirBenkiki180703
    ^Now that's pure joy folks.

I can't wait to get my carbon copy to join in the excitement ugh!!
    LegoboyGoldchains
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,704

Apparently, I was over 22,000 characters over the limit when trying publish an XML part list for Bricklink.  Instead, here's a Google Document:-

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-jUJ1zz9gIoZwu1Pmxs_LcDw8DkP6hpAxJy9OFMpS7M

• 12651265 Member Posts: 944
    Okay.....enough already with the photos.  We've already seen the packaging and box many times over.  More fitting for the Brag thread.

J/K.....just upset I wasn't selected. :)
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    ^^They did pack those sets tight, didn't they!
    ^^
    Gives perspective with the parts laid out to what people are paying around $2K for.  Not for me...but, I don't care for those who do.
    Is that Sword of EXACT Zero?
    jaitheartistericbchuckpMynatt
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 590
    Price is comng down on eBay to about 1700 w a lot of people posting now as we have 40 listings and 15 sold.  

Definitely want to keep an eye out on how many hit the market This month
  • welo999welo999 AustriaMember Posts: 31
    There are some listed at BL now too. Prices from € 2.5k up for the sealed ones.

Legoboy said:
    Behold, my first ever cancellation notice.

I have an order with shields still pending, but i assume it will be cancelled too. :-(

I think i'll go for a HF hunt today.
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,740
    Seeing it now the lack of black really stands out, not sure how well it will sit next to the tumbler.
    Farmer_JohnARo2891Sethro3
  • DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 853
    @LusiferSam you are my hero. I was gonna do that but my hasn't arrived yet
  • kempo81kempo81 Wiltshire, UKMember Posts: 961
    I agree with @SMC whilst I wish I was a winner so I could have the "official set" in my collection, my BL version will definitely use more black!
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,226
    The more I look at the Batpod the more I think that actually I'm glad I didn't bother buying anything to enter the draw...It looks fine, but it's one of those where I think it's only a big deal because of the limited supply of official ones. Displayed on it's own I think a lot of people wouldn't even recognise it as what it is - not for poor LEGO design, but just the design of the actual thing in the film.

Ultimately had I won one, I'd be selling it - nice to be able to say you have it in your collection, but no where near as impressive as all the other stuff you could get for the amount they are selling* for.

*I admit I haven't checked the prices, but I assume that the prices will be high enough to provide several other large sets.
    hkcrazy88
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    No body has built it yet?   The follow is not for faint of heart or for those that only seems to see dollar signs rather than a toy.

It was a fairly quick build and I made one small mistake on the front.  All the parts are in a single bag.  It looks like the bag may have been hand packed as it is sealed by an adhesive flap and the extra parts atypical.  I don't know why I thought the box would be bigger.  It's a display piece, not meant for heavy play. 

Although I am impressed you put pictures of an unboxing, you missed the last instruction to fold the elbow guards back on themselves.  Not sure if this was just to highlight the shield pieces more clearly - is so that was just mean! ;)
    Shib said:
    The more I look at the Batpod the more I think that actually I'm glad I didn't bother buying anything to enter the draw...It looks fine, but it's one of those where I think it's only a big deal because of the limited supply of official ones.
    You keep telling yourself that!  ;)
    ericbSumoLego
  • LusiferSamLusiferSam MontanaMember Posts: 481
    Actually I did miss that step.  :$  There's also one other minor mistake I spotted in final photo.  I did play with it a bit before taking the last photo and didn't get something put back right.  Can you spot it?

Yes, that is the Sword of Exact Zero (blade, not the handle).  If I thought about I could have Easter egged every shot with one of the Relics.  Bizarrely I have nearly all of the featured Relics with in arms reach of where I was working, or a least enough for a different one in each photo.  I'll have to try and remember that for next time. 
    edited September 2015
    ^I can't see anything else... maybe the saddle back part needs 1 click upwards?

For the record, I respect you opening it.  I think I would have. $2000 is nice, but I didn't have it and still don't if I open it (and it would make me happy on the shelf).

I think everyone here going on about the box is missing the instructions.  #10179 instructions sell for £££ and they are available free online - having the originals of these is a big selling point if you keep them nice, open or not.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,226
    Legoboy said:
    Shib said:
    The more I look at the Batpod the more I think that actually I'm glad I didn't bother buying anything to enter the draw...It looks fine, but it's one of those where I think it's only a big deal because of the limited supply of official ones.
    You keep telling yourself that!  ;)
    I genuinely just look at the finished model and see what looks like an unfinished grey frame - again I get that this is how it looks in the film, but I have no desire to display something that doesn't look good to me.

(Probably a big part of this is only having one display shelf so have to be really picky about what counts as a display piece.
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,625

I had another LEGO dream last night that someone was selling the Bat-Pod (5004590) for £20 because the box was badly damaged although it was still sealed, I went ahead and purchased it...

...DARN IT! :/

kiki180703Legoboy
  • BillybrownBillybrown UKMember Posts: 748
    Adzbadboy said:

I had another LEGO dream last night that someone was selling the Bat-Pod (5004590) for £20 because the box was badly damaged although it was still sealed, I went ahead and purchased it...

...DARN IT! :/

I also had a dream about lego last night, I had managed to get 20 Death stars from Smyths Bolton, no que at all, and I was woke up by my Jack Russell peeing in my hair...the swine.
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 674
    Does anyone still have a pair of the black tires they want to sell?
  • hoodaddyhoodaddy USMember Posts: 297
    All the tires I had have been sold. Thanks for all the interest!
  • gezuvorgezuvor PDXMember Posts: 12
    1265 said:
    Okay.....enough already with the photos.  We've already seen the packaging and box many times over.  More fitting for the Brag thread.

J/K.....just upset I wasn't selected. :)
    Sorry, I was just really excited! Never have I won something like this, but it does seem braggish at this point.

In other news, I have my eBay auction written, pics added, and was about to click the "Publish" button when I saw Sam's post with the unboxing and build... Ugh! So hard to make a choice!?!
  • BillybrownBillybrown UKMember Posts: 748
    edited September 2015
    I think being a little braggish is understandable. BTW If anyone is willing to sell me their bat pod boxes then PM me ;-)
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    edited September 2015
    SMC said:
    Seeing it now the lack of black really stands out, not sure how well it will sit next to the tumbler.
    I just noticed that some of the part colors in the instructions do not appear to match the color on the actual set. Maybe it's just the flash of the camera. Either way, there does seem to be too much gray in the built set; needs to be darker IMO.

For the custom black Batpod set I'm building, I transitioning as many parts to black as I can (obviously). I'm also planning to replace a few of the gray parts with pearl gold. For example, I'm replacing part #6022949 (gray) with part #6080357 (pearl gold) for the wheel bearings/hubs. For some reason, the idea of Batman's "toys" having black with a smattering of pearl gold trim/parts appeals to me more than having black with plain yellow. After all Bruce Wayne is a billionaire, and yellow is so yesterday.  ;-)

Wow...after seeing this image from @LusiferSam, I can't imagine displaying the UCS Tumbler without the "UCS" Batpod. They are definitely made to be displayed together.
    AdzbadboyericbDrmnezkiki180703GoldchainsmagriARo2891
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    I agree. I think it needs more black. I was in the process of compiling the gray pieces in black also...just need to find time to finalize an order. I don't seem to have enough time for LEGO other than this forum during work...
    kiki180703
    edited September 2015
    ^Same here, I spend way more time reading/writing on Brickset than I do touching Lego bricks nowadays.

And just like you (and @Farmer_John), I've been having a nagging feeling that the Bat-pod should be more black instead of dark bley. But then when I look up pictures of the real thing, I'm quite surprised how accurate the color scheme is as indeed its mostly metallic gray. So unless you can get all those Dark Bley pieces to be the same color as the HF Shield pieces, this is already film accurate in scheme (aside from the wheel hubs which should be black).
    DrmnezAdzbadboy
    ^ I agree with it being film accurate (ish).  But having black hubs for me is a must, so I ordered those, and not to have matching gold for the hub pieces makes it seem wrong to display along side the tumbler (so I swapped them too).  I have black versions of most of the plate work to try out and just choose on looks - its only for display after all!

Based on film pictures I don't think all black is the way forward - this is only for people who have a batman-esque building style!
    So wait a minute...you people are going to only display it? shouldn't we vroom/swoosh it around. You can't with the tumbler, so I wonder how sturdy this is.
    My HF sets/shield hunt (should this be a new acrynom? - HFSH) was successful although not cheap. :-/ Selling quick is tempting and i will do that partly.
    No idea what to do with the rest of the HF parts. Not so popular they are. Maybe build a life-size Rocka :-)

For those of you who are desperately in need of some 92222 i'm also willing to trade a few of them(within europe). I would buy LEGO anyway with the money i can get for them. :-)

I know this should be in the marketplace but i wanted to give the Bat-Podders of this thread a heads up before i post it there.
    So no trade answers in this thread please, drop me a message.

• SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,740
    ^ Look at that and tell me how the one on the right cost 10 times more.
    madforLEGO1265kiki180703jaitheartistAdzbadboybobabricks
    edited September 2015

^ It costs ten times more.

Is it just me, or the scale not look quite right.  I think the Bat-Pod ought to be a bit smaller?  (Just in case, I'm going to go watch 'Dark Knight Rises' to validate my observation.)

edited September 2015
    Scale looks about right....

Drmnezkiki180703jaitheartistAdzbadboyLego_Starhkcrazy88Goldchainsbobabricks
    Lots of grey too @Farmer_John.  ;)
    I suppose it is!  Seems like the Tumbler is undersized for some reason.
  • DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 853
    The box only cost 10x more. I would sell my box for $50 less than market value. Lol jk I'm not gonna sell my box.
    SumoLego said:
    I suppose it is!  Seems like the Tumbler is undersized for some reason.
    Exactly what I thought when I first saw a Veyron.
  • JdawgJdawg St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada Member Posts: 83
    I am looking forward to having all my parts arrive.

My order from b&p was half cancelled, they removed the tyres and shields.  I was able to find a couple HF sets on Amazon but they were not cheap.  

I was building 4 of them before the tyres and shields went rare.  Two for me, and two for some friends.  They will be on their own for the rare parts now.  

If the tyres come back in stock, I should be at around 120 Canadian each for my two pods.
    I was going to mention scale seemed a bit off too. And it is interesting how much gray the real batpod has compared to the all black tumbler. Maybe just don't display them right next to each other, but spaced out a bit. It will give the illusion that the scale is correct?
    It should have included a Dark Knight Rises Catwoman exclusive minifigure and display base!  Is there a sticker spec sheet?

Now I can justify being disgusted with the set.  I'm happy I didn't win one.

(But if someone is equally as disgusted by this oversite, feel free to send one to me.)
    LegoboyArkadeusFarmer_JohnSirBenAdzbadboy
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,260
    I went ahead and purchased one on eBay for a "reasonable" price.

Truth be told all I really wanted was the small piece of paper with the VIP LEGO minifigure declaring that I was a LEGO superhero. 
    kiki180703SumoLegoSirBenkhmellymelAdzbadboyhkcrazy88Goldchainsbobabricks