Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

DC Comics, Super Heroes - Limited Edition Bat-Pod (June 2015)

Comments

• addemlitaddemlit CaliforniaMember Posts: 118
    1265 said:
    I sincerely hope that someone isn't that stupid.  It's very misleading, but of course they put the "Box and Instructions NOT included" in the listing.  I should offer $20 and give them a piece of my mind lol.
      I already offered him $1
    SumoLegokiki180703Goldchains
  • LusiferSamLusiferSam MontanaMember Posts: 509
    Vindic8ed said:
    4623002 - Hero Factory Shield piece is hard to find, only like 5 left on all of bricklink (set requires 6)
    I believe the required color is dark blueish gray.  Bricklink currently list no sets as having that piece in that color.  Which could mean that parts is exclusive to this set (for now least).  Pearl dark gray is the closest, which may work and at least is a more "common" piece.  Either way there's a real shortage of those parts.
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,651
    Great, I wish I thought ahead of time and got the tires then :/

Fingers crossed someone or LEGO has them available soon.

Vindic8ed said:
    4623002 - Hero Factory Shield piece is hard to find, only like 5 left on all of bricklink (set requires 6)
    I believe the required color is dark blueish gray.  Bricklink currently list no sets as having that piece in that color.  Which could mean that parts is exclusive to this set (for now least).  Pearl dark gray is the closest, which may work and at least is a more "common" piece.  Either way there's a real shortage of those parts.

Nope; it's a metal colour: http://brickset.com/parts/4623002
  • ericbericb Member Posts: 81
    LusiferSam said:
    Bricklink part color code 4623002 is pearl dark gray.
  • DollarStudiosDollarStudios UKMember Posts: 45
    Any news for us in the UK? I have not received a tracking number e-mail. Has anyone else in the UK received one?
  • LusiferSamLusiferSam MontanaMember Posts: 509
    Your right.  I was only looking at the published parts list, which lists it as dark gray.   Well there is a shortage of them.
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    edited September 2015
    The rarity of the Hero Factory pieces and the need for the UCS Tumbler's front wheels were discussed (with part numbers) back in April within this thread (and a parallel thread that was going at the time) when the Bat-Pod giveaway contest was originally announced. These parts were visible in the Bat-Pod image released by TLG, and the various colors (including black, pearl gray, gray, etc.) were available in reasonable quantities through BrickLink at the time.

The point here is that reading/reviewing the discussions in these threads can be useful and can save you a lot of money. This is one example. Trust me...I've been burned several times by either not reading the threads or missing the threads altogether. Hopefully the key parts will be released through another set so that those wanting the Bat-Pod can build their copy. There's something just not right about having dozens of MOC'd Bat-Pods out there with lime green shields and knee-rests...  :-(
    Legoboykiki180703AdeelZubairSumoLegoGoldchains
  • drscottypavarottidrscottypavarotti United KingdomMember Posts: 14
    I haven't heard peep yet, since my initial email
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,766
    edited September 2015
    And it's thanks to you @Farmer_John I placed my order.  I had completely forgotten I'd ordered the HF pieces until you just said.  Just checked my emails and it seems I have 6 on their way to me.  Idiot me has placed another 2 orders of 6 since then.
    SumoLego
    Anybody need some black rims?
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 571
    @SumoLego, how many Lego trains are in Mordor?

I saw the completed ebay listing for $999, and current BIN listings are currently over double that. I had been thinking that trading for a Helicarrier sounded interesting, but these listings make a Cafe Corner seem more appropriate. On the other hand, opening the set to build it and then disassemble for parts does not seem like a good idea. What are everyone's thoughts on the eventual price for one of these sets?
  • BACbrixBACbrix AmericaMember Posts: 655
    Capitalism is great isn't it? That seller just pooped his pants after checking his sold notification.
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 598
    I will buy one for $1k!!!  

And then sell it for $2500.  

Who who wants to sell? Lol
    Surely not.  Really?  Will be MF values in no time.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,912
    Is it just me, or are the $2,500.00 buy-it-nows peculiar?

I'm highly suspicious.  Most of the sellers only have that item listed, nobody has actual photos.  

Good luck if you plan on dropping that type of coin!
    Frankly, I now really hope that a similar production version of this set is made available.

Or atleast that the Hero Factory parts are made available through pick-a-brick.
    MrJ_NYAdeelZubair
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,328
    SumoLego said:
    Is it just me, or are the $2,500.00 buy-it-nows peculiar?

I'm highly suspicious.  Most of the sellers only have that item listed, nobody has actual photos.  

Good luck if you plan on dropping that type of coin!
    They are all "pre-sales", the item won't be delivered until early this week. They feel confident listing now, because they've received shipping confirmation.

Either way though, they are still peculiar because of those crazy prices. 
    madforLEGO
    SirBen said:
    @SumoLego, how many Lego trains are in Mordor?
    At this rate, we'll have to change the meme to: 'One does not simply Ewok into Mordor for a Bat-Pod.'

It's a mixed metaphor...

It is the precious.  I'll be one of the six Lego Infinity Stones in The Lego Movie Sequel.

1) UCS Falcon
    2) Bat-Pod
    3) Mr. Gold
    4) Taj Mahal
    5) Airport Shuttle
    6) Cafe Corner

If the Man Upstairs is able to collect all six, it will result in the immediate reissue of any set that attained $1000.00 value on Brickpicker.
    SirBenkiki180703AdeelZubair
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 598
    Don't forget the toy fair figs of cap and ironman ;)
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    edited September 2015
    1265 said:
    How do they even know the set is not going to arrive in damaged/crushed condition. Or better yet, like the Scooby Doo Mystery Mansion set I ordered recently from Lego and was shipped via FEDEX...soaked through by a solution of some sort. The shipping box and set basically dissolved when I touched them. I'm still puzzled as to how FEDEX was able to get it to our front door in one piece. As for the solution, I periodically find myself counting body parts just in case.
  • hoodaddyhoodaddy USMember Posts: 317
    I have 4 of the tires available (and two black rims). PM me if interested in the US. 
    SumoLegoFarmer_Johnkiki180703
    How do they even know the set is not going to arrive in damaged/crushed condition. Or better yet, like the Scooby Doo Mystery Mansion set I ordered recently from Lego and was shipped via FEDEX...soaked through by a solution of some sort. The shipping box and set basically dissolved when I touched them. I'm still puzzled as to how FEDEX was able to get it to our front door in one piece. As for the solution, I periodically find myself counting body parts just in case.
    Because they're supposed to just toss it...

Farmer_JohnGoldchainsAdeelZubairkiki180703
    edited September 2015
    ^I purchased a set of tires and rims from @hoodaddy, and they arrived within two days and in great condition. It basically saved me the taxes and shipping costs I would have paid if I had purchased it directly from Lego.

P.S. I don't get a commission for this post. I just appreciate good sellers!
    Sethro3
    edited September 2015

Gooker1 said:
    Don't forget the toy fair figs of cap and ironman ;)
    I tried to pick one item to represent each of the 'areas' of lucrative Lego Collecting, but not super-obscure things that don't have a mass-market appeal.  For instance, those solid gold figures or figures that travelled to the International Space Station are really not for the pedestrian collector.

Mr. Gold is a pretty good representative of all of those minifigures we all covet to some degree.

(The categories being - SW, Superheroes, Minifigures, Sculptures/Landmarks, Modulars/Creator and Trains/Classic.)

One could also work in the Marina Bay Sands or the Carousel instead of the Taj Mahal and Cafe Corner.  But anything that David Beckham mentioned building has to put it on the list...
    edited September 2015
    SumoLego said:
    Because they're supposed to just toss it...
    Yeah...I saw that video. I bet FEDEX Management cringes when they see stuff like that. Perhaps their punishment of employees who do these sorts of things should be marooning them on a small island in the South Pacific with a Wilson volleyball. Just sayin'...

SumoLegokiki180703Mynatt
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    edited September 2015
    And another sold above $2k....   http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-5004590-Bat-Pod-DC-Super-Heroes-One-of-Only-750-/291563613486?hash=item43e28bad2e

I am astonished at how quickly this went up.  There's even one with nearly a $5k buyout!  I was on the fence about selling it or keeping it, but this will actually help me in many ways to sell it(i.e. buying several large sets that I would never be able to afford otherwise, plus paying off bills, plus giving a large chunk to the wife to let her know that my Lego collecting is all worth it lol)

I am definitely going to wait until I have it in hand however.  I want to sell it honestly and with proof.  I'm sure these others are, but if it comes damaged, I want it to be legitimate in all ways.
    jaitheartistkempo81
  • jaitheartistjaitheartist Member Posts: 30
    And another sold above $2k....   http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-5004590-Bat-Pod-DC-Super-Heroes-One-of-Only-750-/291563613486?hash=item43e28bad2e

I am astonished at how quickly this went up.  There's even one with nearly a $5k buyout!  I was on the fence about selling it or keeping it, but this will actually help me in many ways to sell it(i.e. buying several large sets that I would never be able to afford otherwise, plus paying off bills, plus giving a large chunk to the wife to let her know that my Lego collecting is all worth it lol)

I am definitely going to wait until I have it in hand however.  I want to sell it honestly and with proof.  I'm sure these others are, but if it comes damaged, I want it to be legitimate in all ways.
    I feel the exact same way. If they are selling for that much I can't keep it, for all the reasons you said. And I told my wife I need to have it in hand before I try to sell it. Very interested in watching these sell though and for what price. 
    kempo81pharmjodkiki180703Goldchains
  • GeddesGeddes Member Posts: 574
    Really wishing I had bought a tumbler, or a key ring everyday now! How many people are open to offers?
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,911
    If your offer is in the thousands I'm sure most will be open :)
    SumoLego
    edited September 2015
    I was hoping to not have to offer to trade, my rare minifigs!

I can offer every set from 2012 and 2013, superheroes line.... nearly all MISB all sealed
    ^ Good luck with that!
    ha ha, well i'm not going to offer my toy fair figs!
    The value of the Bat-Pod may zoom right by those minifigures...
    bobabricks
  • kempo81kempo81 Wiltshire, UKMember Posts: 961
    Do we think the value of these should be reserved for the predictions thread? And if @Geddes wants one he should post a wanted as in the marketplace? I'm sure anyone that decides to sell one here will create a marketplace thread....
    rd1899
    ^ That's a good question.  But since the Bat-Pod isn't a retiring set, probably all of its discussion should be under one thread.

At this point many of us are in amazement overy the eBay auctions...
    pharmjod
  • kempo81kempo81 Wiltshire, UKMember Posts: 961
    ^ ok how about the brag thread?

"yeah so I entered this competition, bought a key ring to enter, and won a free LEGO set. Turns out it's worth over $2k - result!!!"
    SumoLego said:
    ^ That's a good question.  But since the Bat-Pod isn't a retiring set, probably all of its discussion should be under one thread.

At this point many of us are in amazement overy the eBay auctions...

Actually, it retired before it got started.  ;)

My two pennies worth, this thread was intended to discuss and capture the initial excitement surrounding the draw and receiving it.  Anything outside of this ought to be discussed elsewhere, whether it's a dedicated Marketplace thread, the usual Speculation thread or perhaps a Bricklinking thread?
    kempo81
  • DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 858
    Are the sets numbered?
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,711
    I dunno, I guess different strokes for different folks. I would not pay 2K USD for one of these, not even 500 USD. I mean at least an EOL Modular is a LOT of pieces and design for the price. But 500 USD for a batpod? For about the 10% of the cost Id rather BL one in black.
    Legoboykempo81Farmer_JohnAdeelZubairpharmjodThanos75kiki180703
    ...For about the 10% of the cost Id rather BL one in black.
    I've been really excited about this idea since the Bat-Pod giveaway contest was first announced. That's the reason I started trying to identify the parts that make up the Bat-Pod from the beginning. When it comes to Lego Batman, "I only work in black...and sometimes very, very dark gray."
    pharmjodGalactusSumoLegomadforLEGOgmonkey76kiki180703Rainstorm26
  • rawbobrawbob UKMember Posts: 528
    are the ebay sales so far fake? just created to bump up the price by creating fake sales?
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    I wouldn't pay above LEGO's suggested retail price :P... ($50)
    bobabrickskiki180703
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,911
    rawbob said:
    are the ebay sales so far fake? just created to bump up the price by creating fake sales?

That is a distinct possibility. We will know more when we start seeing actual auctions with photos of the item and sale prices for several dozen of them.
    madforLEGO
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,520
    edited September 2015
    I will offer 1000 pence to anyone in the UK who has a genuine one for sale in the next couple of months.
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,866

Vindic8ed said:
    It's actually supposed to be Titanium Metallic (Pearl Dark Gray on Bricklink). See here: http://brickset.com/parts/4623002 This is actually the most common color for this part in sets, but apparently it's sold out on Bricklink already. Kind of glad I already have a bunch. It's a useful part for actual constraction MOCs, and it would be a shame if I needed one and couldn't get it just because it suddenly became interesting to System fans.

Of course, black ones are also sold out, probably because of a case of "mistaken identity".

People who want to get the parts for the Bat-Pod and aren't afraid to spend a bit extra could always look for cheap listings of the many sets that contain the part.
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,160
    I was willing to pay between $250-$300 for one. Looking back, that was wishful thinking on my part.

Congratulations to all the winners though. I shall get around to building the Tumbler I bought eventually.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^^I made the mistake of hesitating to start BL'ing the Bat-Pod just like 
    FarmerJohn said, so paid the price like Aanchir just suggested. A minute ago just picked up one each of #44017 & #44027 for $35 shipped. That's like paying $6 for each piece and a bunch extra parts. Just couldn't take the chance they never come back in stock at PAB. Now for the tires...
    Aanchir said:

Of course, black ones are also sold out, probably because of a case of "mistaken identity".
    Nope...not "mistaken identity"...definitely intentional on my part. While the purists may want the Titanium Metallic color, I think black looks much better.
    SumoLego