Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

CMF series 14 / Halloween Monsters

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,813
    Sometimes rules aren't made to be enforced. It probably costs a store to try to police a set number per person in total. It is easy to do it per transaction though, if a store really cares. So they set a rule and probably 9 out of 10 people will obey it. Most people will accept they can get X of whatever, and not go round and round again. A minority will push the rule to see what they can get away with. We see it with newspaper giveaways in the UK. Some people will get their 2 or 5 and leave it at that, others will find ways to circumvent it.
  • mmozzanommozzano UKMember Posts: 413
    I'm a huge fan of the various monster and Halloween themed figures so I've been really excited about this series.

I completed a full set a few weeks ago from Liverpool LEGO store to to go in my display frame, managed to get all 16 with no duplicates (except an additional Zombie Business Man which was intentional).   

Had a look around today as I was after a few duplicates to populate my Haunted House and managed to find a few bags left in Argos.  Got another Tiger Woman, Banshee, Cheerleader, Gargoyle and Spider Woman.  Would like to get another Spectre and Witch and I'll be done. 

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,281
    edited September 2015
    ^^ @CCC You're sounding like a lawyer.  What is the marginal cost of aggravation?

Angry customer + Apathetic Target Store Manager = Buy as many of the damn bags you want.
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 483
    Let's get this thread back on track with a crudely built stand, a full set of Series 14 Figs, and a few costumed figs that desperately need zombie faces to fit in!  

Bricklover18kiki180703GoldchainslegomattBuriedinBricksLego_Starcalifrsh78
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,395
    ^Here this would fit right in.....love all these monsters. Zombie Emmet fits in well with series 14.
    SumoLegoBricklover18kiki180703legomattBuriedinBricksJELJ1SLego_Starcalifrsh78
    ^ Everything is Re-Animated!
    dannyrwwkiki180703Crowniematticus_bricks
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    So the Wal-Mart aisle hanger with 120 figs was decimated in 2 days in a fairly rural KY community. This series is definitely gonna be popular. 
    Since September 1st I've had no major problems finding these. We only have 6 but I am patient (and on a tight budget). All three of our kids were born in September and we are saving for Lego Dimensions.
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 845
    Anyone having trouble finding banshees? Seems like everyone in Malaysia is crazy about them because I've only found a single one so far, and that was from a supposed 'new box'.
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,979
    I just can't find any at my Target. They are still not out. 
    I got my entire set and then some at the Lego store. I think I would like one more plant, since I used it for parts.  I would not mind another banshee, and zombie cheerleader.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,616
    ^ Same in Denver so far. I have found 3 stores that had them out and about half were gone when I found them. It seems the zombies are popular as well as ghosts and werewolves.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    I only pulled one Wacky Witch out of the box. When I went back the next day, I was able to get doubles of all the others I wanted, but not that one. 
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    The wacky witch was difficult for me to find as well.  I found one and was the last figure of around 50 I checked at our local lego store.  I also am on the lookout for the tiger lady who also seems to be difficult to find.
  • montreidmontreid USAMember Posts: 11
    Got some at target tonight.  No problem with purchase.  Got about sixty of them and didn't look like they were mashed up either.  Still 40 there for others
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,188
    Wacky witch is probably popular due to the black cat.
    TheLoneTensor
  • black_towrblack_towr MinnesotaMember Posts: 165
    CM4S said:
    Finally found them in MN! Got 11/16, literally every other packet (1 and 1/3 full boxes) were either rockers, scientists, or pirates.
    Where did you end up finding them?
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Found some at Walmart finally! (Madison, WI) I was short on time, but managed to get nine and an extra gargoyle. Mistakenly grabbed a second Bigfoot as well, but I'm pretty sure I can trade it off.
    jesirose
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,365
    CM4S said:
    Finally found them in MN! Got 11/16, literally every other packet (1 and 1/3 full boxes) were either rockers, scientists, or pirates.
    Burnsville TRU.
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,329
    I set the side cap with these today at the Target @ 19th Ave & W Bethany Home Rd. in Phoenix AZ. You're welcome ;)
    pharmjodkiki180703
    CM4S said:
    CM4S said:
    Burnsville TRU.
    I was there yesterday but I bought a bunch at the Burnsville Target. Glad you finally found some.
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,365
    CM4S said:
    CM4S said:
    Burnsville TRU.
    I was there yesterday but I bought a bunch at the Burnsville Target. Glad you finally found some.
    Was there only one box left that was full of Scientists, Pirates, and Rockers? That was my fault :P 

I need the last 5, who knows when I'll be able to go out again. Where in particular did you find them? They're usually an aisle or two off.
    One showed up at my house... Emmet Apocalypse!

dannyrwwLego_Star
    SumoLego said:
    One showed up at my house... Emmet Apocalypse!

YES!!! Emmet Zombie Virus!!!!
    ^^The thing is that zombie head is perfect for Emmet
    You know with as many Emmets that are out there, there has got to be someone with a whole army of zombies that could make a whole bunch of these.
    CM4S said:
    CM4S said:
    CM4S said:
    Burnsville TRU.
    Was there only one box left that was full of Scientists, Pirates, and Rockers? That was my fault :P 

I need the last 5, who knows when I'll be able to go out again. Where in particular did you find them? They're usually an aisle or two off.
    I bought mine at Target. I gave an employee the DPCI number and he brought out a case. He just placed the box on an end cap and let me go through it. 
  • RonyarRonyar Member Posts: 373
    I saw the count at my local Target go up by 60 today and then back down by 60 tonight.  I had just asked yesterday about them, and all they had in the back was Simpsons.  Looks like someone bought the whole case of 60 when they saw it.  (I saw other store inventories in my area jump today as well, so I am assuming it wasn't just an inventory glitch.)
    My local Target win't put them out until Halloween.  The have a sidekick chock full of Simpsons Series 2.
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098
    My local Target finally put them out.  However they were hung on the same rack as the "won't die" Series 12.  Something to keep in mind when searching for them.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,997
    ^yeah my target just put them out and hung them on top of the remains of Simpsons 2 too
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,329
    Available again on [email protected]
    vwong19
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    Grabbed a bunch off of a freshly opened hanging display at Target.  Without searching, here's what I got.

5 specters
    5 Venus flytraps
    3 spider ladies 
    2 witches 
    2 zombie businessmen 
    1 fly
    1 monster rocker
    1 tigerlady
    1 banshee
    1 gargoyle
    1 square foot. 

Someone must have pilfered the Zombie pirates!
  • richlrichl NYCMember Posts: 246
    Best CMF line in ages, although I've somehow ended up with 4 scientists. Think I may repurpose the Crazy Scientist Lab from Monster Fighters into a cloning lab...
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Now all I need is the tiger lady.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    iccarus said:
    I've been saying that most of my life. ;oP
    BumblepantsVorpalRyuJELJ1Swagnerml2gmonkey76Goldchainskiki180703Lego_Star
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,167
    iccarus said:
    I have a feeling the Tiger lady is going to be the 'hot dog guy' of the series.
    VorpalRyu
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited September 2015
    Given that most every other costume char seems to be really valuable, that's a purrfectly reasonable assumption.
    BumblepantsVorpalRyumadforLEGOYodaliciousBuriedinBricksDedgeckoJern92kiki180703
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,616
    Maybe the hot dog guy and tiger lady should get together. 
  • L67L67 New Hampshire USAMember Posts: 6
    On Sept. 2 I ordered the Trick or Treat set from [email protected] They shipped 22 Series 14 minifig packs at no charge with the order. The box was stuffed with them. Is this something random, or is LEGO known for throwing in extras like that?
    VorpalRyukhmellymelkiki180703
    wagnerml2 said:
    Grabbed a bunch off of a freshly opened hanging display at Target.  Without searching, here's what I got.

5 specters
    5 Venus flytraps
    3 spider ladies 
    2 witches 
    2 zombie businessmen 
    1 fly
    1 monster rocker
    1 tigerlady
    1 banshee
    1 gargoyle
    1 square foot. 

You interested in selling any of those Specters or Plant Guy?
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,318
    @L67, I ordered 3x Trick or Treats... 66x Series 14 CMFs? Fingers crossed!!!
    xiahna
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    L67 said:
    On Sept. 2 I ordered the Trick or Treat set from [email protected] They shipped 22 Series 14 minifig packs at no charge with the order. The box was stuffed with them. Is this something random, or is LEGO known for throwing in extras like that?

It was most likely a mistake. You essentially got $88 worth of free LEGO. That's not the type of "extra" they typically throw in.
    madforLEGOgmonkey76kiki180703jesirose
  • DawnDawn GoldMember Posts: 247
    L67 said:

I also received 10 extra CMF 14 with my order (I had none on my order, but ordered Tick or Treat set the pirate chess set)
    gmonkey76
    Dawn said:
    L67 said:

I also received 10 extra CMF 14 with my order (I had none on my order, but ordered Tick or Treat set the pirate chess set)
    Hmmm. My first thought is that they are trying to dump excess inventory that they will have trouble moving two months from now. My second thought is that someone at the warehouse is being extra generous. I wonder if it will happen again if I order another Trick or Treat set?
  • DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 345
    Ordered the Pirate Chess Set and 3x Trick or Treat sets, no CMF 14 added to the box.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,167
    edited September 2015
    oldtodd33 said:
    Maybe the hot dog guy and tiger lady should get together. 

Dawn said:
    L67 said:

Interesting. I also ordered a couple of Trick or treat sets with the Pirate Chess set. Wonder if I am going to see a few Series 14 (with my luck lately they would probably be Simpsons series 2 packs) in the box.

Ordered the Pirate Chess Set and 3x Trick or Treat sets, no CMF 14 added to the box.

Then again.....
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,813
    L67 said:
    Obviously a treat, not a trick.
    khmellymelLego_Star
    I'm guessing it has something to do with how much empty space remains in the box after the ordered items are packed.