Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Skeletons!!! bricklink or ...

brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 1,002
hi

i am currently in the process of sorting bricks and planning to build a huge tall ninja-fortress.
i think i got all the parts i need now to make it a nice fortress!

but there is 1 thing i still need for my diorama:

SKELETONS !!!  atleast 3 dozen.
i came across this chinese site (ali .. ) selling all those lego knock-offs. aswell as skeletons. how is the quality of these skeletons compared to real lego ?
on bricklink they are very expensive, dont know if i want to afford this!

Comments

• ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,480
    Surely skeletons aren't that expensive? Admittedly when you are after a large number of them then multiple orders could be an issue, but I just did a quick check on brick link and (unless you are after a specific type that is very different) I thought you should be able to get a decent number fairly low cost. 

Although there are a few different sorts, LEGO has used Skeleton figures in a number of themes so it's fairly easy to accumulate quite a number of them without even trying...I probably have at least a dozen from various sets (and then some sets with random skeleton parts too)
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 1,002
    edited September 2015
    rest assured. i am very scared to pollute my collection with cheap chinese knock offs.

but the pricing!!! i m on the brink. really need some opinions! 

edit:
    looking for the classic skeleton. would have to buy from various stores!
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,309
    Are you really sure you want the classic style? I find gen047 and similar ones much better for posing the arms when they are carrying weapons and shields.
    saying the classic skeleton doesn't help that much either, there are so many slight variations - the one that CCC mentioned would look to most as a classic LEGO skeleton.

I'd say your best bet is probably to open up to using different types of skeleton - I personally prefer having variation in mini figures of the same type to make a scene more interesting (e.g - armies of mini figures with various different face prints to make them look more individual.)
    edited September 2015
    oh my.  the gen047 cost even more! but i see your point. the gen047 have a slight posing advantage. maybe buy cheap gen001 and buy a ton of those bent arms ...

i m not a lego skeleton expert. but i will maybe buy different gen's of skeletons to bring some variation!
    also:
    is there a way to search for sets on brickset, which contain a skeleton or more ?
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,309
    The arms are not compatible between gen001 and gen047. One has the ball and socket style, the other has the clip style.

madforLEGO
    edited September 2015
    awwwww...
    i will maybe start buying torsos and start on that.
    oh. i see now. there are different torsos ....   this will be a long journey!

edit:
    thx cheshire cat. you are my hero! i m new to this bricklink thing!
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Place the skeletons behind the parapets and you don't need the legs :)
    kiki180703
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 15,022
    ^ Special effects....
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    Yea the skeletons don't seem too expensive at all on bricklink. I wonder how much cheaper can the Chinese knock offs be? I'm seeing an average price on brick link of under a couple bucks.

so each one is costing $0.47. If thats working out too much its time to leave the LEGO hobby.

Glad you said that...was pretty much what I was thinking when I checked prices.

i did some research on the ali-express...

the cheapest "knock off skeletons" can be had for 0.71 € ....

it will be bricklink skeletons with varying body parts! thank you guys. u gave me a headstart ...