Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

5002948 C-3PO?

2»

Comments

• sstoroesstoroe Member Posts: 156
    Here is a video of the figure from Germany as well.  

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 15,013
    edited September 2015
    Then the packaging is a bit decieving.  Nonetheless, I'm happy it's not chrome.

The red arm is absurd to me.

@BACbrix - just saw your comment - agreed!
    BACbrix
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    SumoLego said:
    Nonetheless, I'm happy it's not chrome.

Hethan
    Bumblepants
  • DoubleDDoubleD Oklahoma, USAMember Posts: 488
    Doesn't it look like the head doesn't match the body.
  • Brick_ObsessionBrick_Obsession in a "Brick" house - Calgary, AlbertaMember Posts: 656
    These are also being handed out as a promo in New Zealand this weekend.
  • chuxtoyboxchuxtoybox Member Posts: 711
    The evil villain, Kylo Ren, ignites his cross-guard lightsaber and attempts to cut down our heroine, Rey. At the last possible second, her protocol droid, C-3PO, ignites his left arm and stops the blade. As the air is filled with a crackle and hum, Rey smirks at the Knight of Ren, enraging him further.
    aimlesspursuits
  • ARo2891ARo2891 MAMember Posts: 114
    From what I've read this will be available in the US in november
  • Brick_ObsessionBrick_Obsession in a "Brick" house - Calgary, AlbertaMember Posts: 656
    Please indicate that source because I have found nothing on that yet.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,473
    edited September 2015
    Please indicate that source because I have found nothing on that yet.
    Polys in the wild thread. Someone ( @NeilJam )reported that the C3PO will be a poly bag available on Nov 1st (least that is a 'hold' date) for TRU. I presume it is the same C3PO as seen above.
    ^^He also posted it on page one of this thread lol
    madforLEGO
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 936
    The video said it is the first and only side printed leg...what about the new Halloween CMF skeleton trick or treater.

And are the Big Bang Theory female legs molded or printed?
    SumoLego said:

Hethan
    Heathen?  

How am I supposed to preserve the value of my 'rated' or'graded' or whatever-they-call-it chrome C-3PO if they go willy-nilly producing chrome minifigure polybags?

You can't even pretend these are playthings for children!

(Pardon my puddle of sarcasm.  I'm still cross about my exclusive white rangefinder.)
    kiki180703
  • VortexVortex Pakistan/USMember Posts: 342
    edited September 2015
     That was my first impression of posted pic....fake ...but if not, then this is just hideous and they can keep it. Not only does it look bland , but from here ,what I see is that the right arm and head is paler and not even matching with the body color .

on top of that , the red arm per se , .... Well it just looks like some kid has misplaced his and replaced it with the arm he could spare off another poor fig . 

No chrome ..,.. If it is the real McCoy ,....bleah bleah 
     my only interest related to this , it's a November 1 release , would that be tied to the big exclusive ..and really Which One , Hoth ??
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,525
    The heads have always been a different colour to the body.
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 936
    LEGO color matching is like a puzzle. You never know when you'll find the right match.
  • sstoroesstoroe Member Posts: 156
    edited September 2015
    It looks like it is available at both LegoLand Florida and LegoLand Malaysia this month.  See http://minifigpriceguide.com/wordpress/legoland-florida-free-lego-star-wars-episode-vii-the-force-awakens-c-3po-minifigurewith-purchase/ and

http://minifigpriceguide.com/wordpress/legoland-malaysia-free-c-3po-or-stormtrooper-sergeant-with-purchase/

I have not seen it at the other LegoLands yet, but it is possible that Florida Jumped the gun.  Since they are doing this, I am starting to thisnk that this may be a Lego Store Special as well?  Just my two cents.  However, if you want it now, ebay may be best bet for about $30

• legofanfromleedslegofanfromleeds legoland...England Member Posts: 405
    Sorry to exclude the rest of the world but would like the thoughts from the uk perspective. ...is it worth holding out for the new c3po and recieve in a promotion or bite the bullet on ebay ? Ive just watched one sell for £45 
  • KleiovousKleiovous UKMember Posts: 95
    Patience you must have. 
    legofanfromleedsJohnnyfinlandiaSumoLegoBumblepants
    When they become available in the US, I'd be happy to send you one at cost.

Nobody should be paying $60.00 for a soon-to-be available polybag.  It's madness!
    ARo2891Sethro3
    ditto @legofanfromleeds , they'll be like $4 here eventually so just be patient!
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,418
    SumoLego said:

Hethan
    Amen. May the chrome gods encase chrome you for your un-belief. 
    SumoLego
    SumoLego said:mi
    When they become available in the US, I'd be happy to send you one at cost.

Nobody should be paying $60.00 for a soon-to-be available polybag.  It's madness!
    Thanks for that.....hopefully theyll be available  here but if not ill take you up on your offer
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,842
    Sethro3 said:
    The video said it is the first and only side printed leg...what about the new Halloween CMF skeleton trick or treater.

I think they were talking about this being the first StarWars minifig to have side leg print which I believe is true...
  • threepwood1138threepwood1138 United KingdomMember Posts: 38
    C-3PO was reported as being available at Hamleys London by jedinews.co.uk yesterday afternoon. Went this morning for store opening (10am) but they only had a box of 100 and gave them all out yesterday.
    http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=23284
    Sethro3 said:

I think they were talking about this being the first StarWars minifig to have side leg print which I believe is true...
    The Toy Soldier from the CMF book has side-printed legs.

Isn't there a Boba Fett with side printed legs as well?
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,296
    edited September 2015
    Side printing for legs goes back to at least 2011 - some CMFs issued then had it.
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    ChanMcL said:
    Hmmm...Looks like Lego had some spare TC-4 #5002122 arms laying around. How convenient...

• snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 3,060
    @legofanfromleeds on the main page, Huw mentioned that this polybag was probably going to be a give-away at the LEgo [email protected] at some point, so unless you want this minifigure right this minute I'd keep your money and spend 50 quid online on a set soon to get the polybag free with it.
  • threepwood1138threepwood1138 United KingdomMember Posts: 38
    Lakeside shopping centre has a Hamleys and they have some left.
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    The mummy from CMF series 3 had printed side legs. It's rare, but not a new thing. 
    snowhitie said:by
    @legofanfromleeds on the main page, Huw mentioned that this polybag was probably going to be a give-away at the LEgo [email protected] at some point, so unless you want this minifigure right this minute I'd keep your money and spend 50 quid online on a set soon to get the polybag free with it.
    Thanks for the heads up....ill look out for that and keep my fingers crossed