Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

CMF series 14 / Halloween Monsters

Comments

• graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    edited August 2015
    Damn, wish I would've read the rest of the thread before pre-ordering 2 boxes from ebay.  Could've saved some money.  Didn't see the post about ordering directly.
  • bluedragonbluedragon United StatesMember Posts: 505
    @MinifiguresPlus I sent you a message earlier on- please send payment details.

Thanks!
  • MinifiguresPlusMinifiguresPlus Member Posts: 199
    graphite said:
    Damn, wish I would've read the rest of the thread before pre-ordering 2 boxes from ebay.  Could've saved some money.  Didn't see the post about ordering directly.
    We understand some buyers were not aware of this offer when ordering on eBay. If you would prefer to make the order directly, we would be happy to cancel the order and invoice you via PayPal. Please DM with eBay user ID and PayPal email address for invoice.
    DedgeckoPitfall69
  • pookiepookie Member Posts: 156
    @MinifiguresPlus I also sent message this morning>could you please send payment details?

Thanks
    pookie said:
    @MinifiguresPlus I also sent message this morning>could you please send payment details?

Thanks
    Yes, invoices will be sent tonight for all who DM'ed. Unfortunately I am on the road today and can't get that done until then.
  • sklambsklamb speaker of American EnglishMember Posts: 511
    Would it be possible to order complete sets (not boxes) directly from you? I'd just as soon not pay eBay their cut, given my confidence in you is built from references on Bricklink....
  • CHERUBboyCHERUBboy Member Posts: 98
    Popped in the Lego store at Westfield London yesterday. They had the figs on display, but had sold out of figures and getting more on Friday. The assistant said that they've never previously run out of stock so quickly when a new series comes in and that kids were going crazy for them. Purely anecdotal, but Lego may have a hit on their hands with this series!

• kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 831
    I got the full set today from a Toyland store in the UK, they were surprisingly easy to find and to my reluctance I got no spares. :smile: 
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 483
    Oh nice- already in Lego Stores?  I'll have to check mine tonight!
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 599
    Thanks again to @MinifiguresPlus for helping us boardies avoid ePay for their boxes and sets!!  

MinifiguresPluscanon03
    sklamb said:
    Would it be possible to order complete sets (not boxes) directly from you? I'd just as soon not pay eBay their cut, given my confidence in you is built from references on Bricklink....
    Yes, we can invoice for sets on PayPal at $72.80 for all who are interested.
    CircleKsklamb
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    sklamb said:
    Yes, we can invoice for sets on PayPal at $72.80 for all who are interested.

Awesome.  I thought that was a case only offer.  PM sent!
  • cooldude00cooldude00 ukMember Posts: 44
    wow... i was going to pop down to lego westfield london on sunday.. guess i best not get my hopes up
    Series 14 minifigs are available at the St. Louis, MO Lego Store. Just snagged 8 of them with no duplicates!  Easily could've gotten them all, but figured I'd wait for the next month's Tractor Polybag Promotion to finish them off.

Hopefully they'll have the eight I need next week. Looked like a half case had already been sold!

jesirosekiki180703Dedgecko
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 2,091
    Hurray! Series 14 arrived on Tuesday at my local toy shop. Called in yesterday - managed to pick up a sealed box of 60 :) 
    princedravenkhmellymel
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,167
    I did get a question about buying directly. For those interested in a discount that way it is $214 for payment via PayPal. Please DM if you are interested.
    Thanks for the offer, Is this 214 USD with shipping included?
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,365
    Legopants said:
    Hurray! Series 14 arrived on Tuesday at my local toy shop. Called in yesterday - managed to pick up a sealed box of 60 :) 

How much is a full box?

I went to a local Target today, had a rack full of Simpsons Series 2.  :(
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 2,091
    CM4S said:
    Legopants said:

How much is a full box?

I went to a local Target today, had a rack full of Simpsons Series 2.  :(
    60x the unit price. 
    kiki180703
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    Has anyone been able to search the DPCI on targets inventory with any success? If anyone has the DPCI on hand I'd like to check my local stores before I drive around aimlessly..
  • MathiasMathias United StatesMember Posts: 94
    I was able to get all 16 at the local Lego store last night. They look mighty fine on my mini figure wall.
    jesirose
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    yys4u said:
    Has anyone been able to search the DPCI on targets inventory with any success? If anyone has the DPCI on hand I'd like to check my local stores before I drive around aimlessly..
    Nope. I've arrived at a few that supposedly had them and they either had other series or were out. Luckily I stumbled across two stores in my area that did have them. 
    I did get a question about buying directly. For those interested in a discount that way it is $214 for payment via PayPal. Please DM if you are interested.
    Thanks for the offer, Is this 214 USD with shipping included?
    Yes, that is correct!

Struck out. I wasn't planning on hunting for these but a friend of mine just recently turned AFOL, and he REALLY wants this series so we went to 3 Targets, 1 shut us down immediately. They other 2 had them in the back but wouldn't pull them out... :( Guess I'll wait till the Lego store gets them. BTW anyone know what the September promo is?
  • LegoKipLegoKip A cottage by the sea, California, US Member Posts: 259
    edited August 2015
    @yys4u
    Sent you a DM. For you and anyone who has begun to look for these, this is by far the easiest series to sort by the feel method IMHO (and I began collecting with Series 1).
    If you have a Lego store nearby, that's your best bet, plus you may happen upon the Halloween set there too.
    September promo is the red tractor.
    gmonkey76
  • novicebuilder101novicebuilder101 Member Posts: 130
    yys4u said:
    Struck out. I wasn't planning on hunting for these but a friend of mine just recently turned AFOL, and he REALLY wants this series so we went to 3 Targets, 1 shut us down immediately. They other 2 had them in the back but wouldn't pull them out... :( Guess I'll wait till the Lego store gets them. BTW anyone know what the September promo is?
    U.S. Lego store September promo is the free tractor polybag.

jesirose
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 845
    Are we getting double VIP points again any time soon?
    @LegoKip and @novicebuilder101 A red tractor? Lol yea I'll pass. I was considering waiting for some promo before buying these but what would I do with that thing. I'll just try to get the series first chance I get, forget waiting lol. 
  • RobotchilliRobotchilli ScotlegolandMember Posts: 7
    Managed to get a full set yesterday on the bay for similar price to face value if I had bought the 16. My bag feeling is not at jedi level like some so just wanted to be sure I got the set. A bit disappointed that I havent had the excitement of opening the bag. Might get another set the traditional way - a set to display and set for the wee guy to play with then the time comes.....Happy hunting
    LegoKip said:
    @yys4u
    Sent you a DM. For you and anyone who has begun to look for these, this is by far the easiest series to sort by the feel method IMHO (and I began collecting with Series 1).
    If you have a Lego store nearby, that's your best bet, plus you may happen upon the Halloween set there too.
    September promo is the red tractor.
    Agreed. They're very easy to feel!  When I snagged my first eight, I knew exactly what everyone was. I think it helps that so many figs have very unique pieces. I just need the other eight now. 

And for the record, I'm waiting for the little red tractor. Grew up on a farm, I've got a soft spot for tractors!
    yys4uLegoKipgmonkey76
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 1,010
    I picked up a few of the new figs today and was given a Lego series 14 loyalty card. Buy 6 figures and get 1 free. This was in a small independent toy shop (UK) but the card seemed to be distributed by Lego (it's not the shop's own card). Wondering if anyone else has seen these. It brings a complete set down to £35, which is a fair saving.

Another bonus was that the shopkeeper had already sorted them into characters so you could just ask for the fig you wanted. Although 'feeling' the bags is often the best part of buying them!

if anyone is visiting the south of England, there is a great toy shop in swanage. Best toy shop I've seen for Lego!
    jesirosepharmjodkiki180703
  • tratclifftratcliff Member Posts: 13
    I found them on sale at the Walgreen's in Corydon Indiana. They weren't in the sales system yet. Alas, this was on a before-work quick trip, and was only able to grab 4. 
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,525
    LuLego said:
    I picked up a few of the new figs today and was given a Lego series 14 loyalty card. Buy 6 figures and get 1 free. This was in a small independent toy shop (UK) but the card seemed to be distributed by Lego (it's not the shop's own card). Wondering if anyone else has seen these. It brings a complete set down to £35, which is a fair saving.

Another bonus was that the shopkeeper had already sorted them into characters so you could just ask for the fig you wanted. Although 'feeling' the bags is often the best part of buying them!

if anyone is visiting the south of England, there is a great toy shop in swanage. Best toy shop I've seen for Lego!
    They are usually buy 5 get one free.
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    Still hard to locate Series 14 in the Raleigh NC area. I found some at the LEGO Store a week ago and picked up 9 that I wanted. When they first were announced, they didn't sound like something for me, but I love the 7 different ones I bought. The cattleman is my favorite with the plant guy running second. It looks like these are going to fly out the door, so do not delay in picking up the ones your want. Our TRU, Targets and Walmarts are still without them as of today. 
    jesirose
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,979
    I finally picked them up and then some. This has been my most collected minifig series in a long, long time. I am very pleased.

Because of the lack of new holiday lines, we are focusing on getting our Halloween items out early, since there are so many possibilities this year. We began to put our stuff up tonight. The spider queen looks great by Spinlyn's cavern. A new werewolf has joined the monster fighter tree. The spectres are a wonderful addition to the haunted house. The plant is waiting on me to get the Scooby mansion out in a few weeks. 

I have to decide if this is the year we will open our monster fighter Zombies. The kids are starting to get their costumes on to go trick or treating, some with new pumpkin baskets.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,283
    There is nothing less annoying than calling ahead to your local Target, being very specific about the GRAY packaging for the minifigures and then being surprised by a full display of Simpsons Series 2.

Atleast they sell Icees...
    VorpalRyukiki180703
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,188
    SumoLego said:
    There is nothing less annoying than calling ahead to your local Target, being very specific about the GRAY packaging for the minifigures and then being surprised by a full display of Simpsons Series 2.
    Maybe because the packs are black and slime green.
    VorpalRyukiki180703jesirosePurplorosJern92gmonkey76
    ^  They're not blue, yellow and covered in Simpsons figures.  I did also specify that they were Halloween themed and not the Simpsons...
    ^ Why so eager? it's not like this series is popular or anything....

I get the sense that these will be out of stock long before Halloween comes around.
    SumoLegoVorpalRyuDedgeckokiki180703jesirose
  • JohnnyfinlandiaJohnnyfinlandia Member Posts: 358
    edited August 2015
    Wahey I managed to get 9 from Prisma (Finland) plus a box no time to feel so just took them all :) Banshee x 2, Horror Rocker x 3, Lady Vampire, Skeleton Boy, Zombie Cheerleader & Zombie Pirate .. so not bad .. €2,95 here. I couldn't find them anywhere else but I reckon this week they might make an appearance. Usually cheapest are €2,50 but let's see. Favourite so far Lady Vampire and Skeleton Boy :D

I managed to get a full box of Simpsons (at full price), but they are really hanging about in most shops. I think these Series14 with Halloween round the corner will go like hotcakes - they are really all nice and great they seem to be equally distributed.
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    If Target doesn't work for you, I would recommend Walgreens.  I saw them at one of my local ones a couple of days ago.  
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,477
    edited August 2015
    For the readers in the UK, check your local Argos. They aren't in the catalogue but, if you use an in-store computer, search for Lego and sort by price (low to high), you'll see series 14 minifigures listed.
    Perhaps.  

My local TRU had a very picked-over box of Series 12 minifigures.

I think I was spoiled by being the first person to get to the Simpsons Series 2.  Got my six sets and was on my way!
  • CoviCovi BelgiumMember Posts: 308
    Anyone knows or can confirm if you buy 60 of them at the [email protected] you get a box sended or just 60 packets? Thanks in advance.
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 800
    60 packets
     [email protected] has a limit of 32 bags per order.
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    Hopefully some stores will have them available again. One Target had a few a few weeks ago. Someone else I know got multiple complete sets from TRU almost a month ago now. No stores will bring them out even though the DCPI shows they have lots in the back. I guess we will see what September brings.
    It makes it more confusing because the in-store stock numbers are the same no matter the Series.  
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,167
    If Target doesn't work for you, I would recommend Walgreens.  I saw them at one of my local ones a couple of days ago.  
    This is why I think that these will be found for some time. Everyone says the same thing when the first release of these go out on shelves and sell out, 'they must be hot and will be gone by X date', but more often than naught I have seen boxes of these other series as well at Five Below stores as well as Walgreens.
    So I'm biding my time on these, and expect to see my local Targets have a rack of them at a later date.

I'm still of the fence about getting a box, but I'm just not sure I want all the duplicates of uncommon and commons

• CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,365
    I checked my local Walgreens yesterday and they had nothing. They had a price tag of $4.19 though. Before that I tried 3 Targets and nothing. Minnesota sucks this time for some reason.
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366

I only have seen them at one Target in my area so far, so today I checked Walgreens. First time I've ever checked their for CMFs...

...and possibly the last. $4.59!