Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Lego Lightning Lad

sstoroesstoroe Member Posts: 156
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-targert-exclusive-Lightning-Lad-5004077-/121733719526?hash=item1c57e525e6

Is this really released already, or did somone just get an early one?  Did I miss it?

Comments

• oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,403
    I doubt it. The first was released around Christmas last year and only two have been sold on Ebay and both this month. I think someone got a hold of one or two early and are taking advantage of the impatient suckers. 
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 799
    Agreed, this is the first I've seen of this, that I can of think of in recent months.
  • sstoroesstoroe Member Posts: 156
    400 bucks - ouch.
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 799
    There's a sucker born every second...
    SumoLego
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,418
    I make a trip to target every week, and always stop in the LEGO section first. I've not seen a spot for it yet, so my guess is that it hasn't come out to the general public yet.
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,085
    If Target does the promo right, you will not see it on the shelf. Last time it was supposed to be free with purchase but many sold it outright for $15.00.
  • MrJ_NYMrJ_NY A flick missle away from Brickagara FallsMember Posts: 592
    @ecmo47 ; It was available with a $49 purchase OR separately for $15 so they did nothing wrong.

http://www.neoape.com/target-exclusive-minifigure-gift-set-for-15/
    gmonkey76madforLEGO
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,791
    I don't particularly care about Lightning Lad, but when this is released I'll definitely want to get a copy of stone armor Kai! After I got last year's cube I traded my Superboy with a friend who likes LEGO Super Heroes for some Bionicle posters I missed at New York Comic Con. This year we'll probably try and come up with a similar arrangement.

• eggsheneggshen Middleton, WIMember Posts: 519
    @Aanchir, I thought that outfit is the Techno Silver outfit, similar to Lloyd and Zane in #70728 Battle for Ninjago City? I too am looking forward to getting the Kai minifigure. I check Target a couple of times/week so I don't miss out. I almost missed the Lloyd DX figure in the last cube, don't want to miss out on this one.
    eggshen said:
    @Aanchir, I thought that outfit is the Techno Silver outfit, similar to Lloyd and Zane in #70728 Battle for Ninjago City?
    It is, though I've never heard it referred to by that name. Is that the term used in the video games? Or did you hear it someplace else?

In the Ninjago TV series, these costumes are made up of the same type of armor as the Overlord's Stone Army from the 2013 sets, and the Ninja wear them because it's the only material that can protect the ninja from the golden power the Overlord stole from Lloyd. That's why I called it "stone armor". If there's a more official term I'd love to know!

I wonder if we'll ever get this style of costume for Cole or Jay. Might be a bit of a longshot, though, since it could start to feel too repetitive to continue releasing them one-at-a-time in promotional sets. There are plenty of other options for future promotional minifigures like this — both costumes and characters from the show like this one, or new costumes altogether like last year's Lloyd DX.
  • eggsheneggshen Middleton, WIMember Posts: 519
    I got that name from the Ninjago Wiki page, under "Types of Ninja". That's what they call it there. I'm not sure where the author of that page got the term, though. 

I love all of the different outfit types in the Ninjago theme. I have most of them that have been made, although I don't have any of this year's ghost wave yet. I am also skipping some of the figures that are pretty much the same as others in the collection, for example Cole ZX from the 30087 polybag and the Ninjago magazine "exclusives". They are the same as other available figures but in the images I have seen the printing is a little darker in some places, etc.

Anyway, I get my info from a number of different sources and that is the only place I have seen those outfits called Techno Silver (or any other name, really).
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,111
    edited November 2015
    Looks like the Lightning Lad minifigure cubes are finally appearing...just tried to order from the UK but can't :-( any US Bricksetters able to help out?

http://intl.target.com/p/lego-25-piece-building-toy-set/-/A-49153007
    LostInTranslation
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    edited November 2015
    Shib said:
    Looks like the Lightning Lad minifigure cubes are finally appearing...just tried to order from the UK but can't :-( any US Bricksetters able to help out?

I'm no doubt in for one if you find someone to help and want split shipping! Only after the kai, but getting the lloyd from the last one was a costly hassle I could do without! (although totally worth getting when you see the whole crew together in dx gear) 
  • RonyarRonyar Member Posts: 357
    edited November 2015
    http://m.target.com/p/lego-25-piece-building-toy-set/-/A-49153007
    $9.99 or free with $50 city, ninjago or Superheroes purchase.  
    thenos
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,514
    Also  would  like to trade for one.
    Ronyar said:
    http://m.target.com/p/lego-25-piece-building-toy-set/-/A-49153007
    $9.99 or free with $50 city, ninjago or Superheroes purchase.  
    That's $5 cheaper than last year's cube! I'm impressed. 5 fewer pieces, but the actual minifigure parts are the only ones that were truly exclusive anyway, so the extra five pieces from last year's would have been common accessories like katanas, handcuffs, flashlights, and fire CHI.

I'll definitely be getting this, primarily for stone armor Kai. Might see if some of my friends who collect Super Heroes will trade me something I'm more interested in for Lightning Lad, but it's not essential.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,111
    MattsWhat said:
    Shib said:

I'm no doubt in for one if you find someone to help and want split shipping! Only after the kai, but getting the lloyd from the last one was a costly hassle I could do without! (although totally worth getting when you see the whole crew together in dx gear) 
    Yup happy to split shipping and without box if anyone's willing to help us out...just want those figures! :-)
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 632
    just order the cube just for lighting lad
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,871
    TOYS code for 20% off works as well though it says excludes LEGO. Brings it to $8.47 before any red card or gift card discounts. Not too bad for 4 exclusive minifigires.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,515
    If anyone can ship two sets to UK (without box)  I'm interested, even better if three so I can have one too (why do we have kids?). I can ppg up front if need be.
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,359
    I was wondering just this morning if this was ever coming out! I believe the cube comes with a Chima "reformed Fangar" minifigure which I'm extremely interested in getting hold of (I'm a rare breed that actually collects Chima figures, and reformed Fangar is the last figure I need to complete the collection).

The Target site actually says I can order it for delivery in my country, but I can't see how much their international delivery is, and I only want the reformed Fangar figure anyway. If the figure is actually there, does anybody want to help me out with it if anyone's just going for stone armour Kai and/or Lightning Lad?
  • chuckpchuckp NYMember Posts: 684
    @Huw @Shib @scoiltreasa @MattsWhat  @CCC @TheOneVeyronian ; I'll help you guys out. I've already placed my order and included some extras. Since I'm sure there will be others who want in on this, I guess the first thing we need to do is find out who wants what.  Figs vs. whole cubes, trades vs. payment, etc. Then I guess we can determine if it's more economical to send to one UK Bricksetter for redistribution.
    ShibSumoLegoSMC
    Thanks.  I'm in Ireland  so would need to   be shipped separate.  What  are you  after in trades?
    BTW, I should note that last year Target sold out the initial run online on the same day. They did get restocked online, but I believe it took a week or 2 and the current 20% promo only runs through the 25th.
    @huw @shib @scoitreasa @mattswhat @ccc @theoneveyronian I also have 3 extra coming around 12/3 if that helps any on out
    Ideally  I'm after too but just one would  do
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,359
    edited November 2015
    Since I only want one of the lower value (I guess) figures, I would probably be looking to just use Paypal to pay for it.

If there's loads and loads of people who want in to the point where distribution becomes cheaper per head than individual international shipping (at least $7 a person), since I have a lot of free time I might be able to lend a hand as a UK distributor. The only thing I'm unsure of is if I can pay upfront the customs charges for it all, I don't have a lot of disposable income at the moment.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,871
    20% off code no longer works. That was fast.
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,631
    I would like one if anyone has one for me, last year I got one off ebay cant remember what I paid but wasn't too bad, I am sure there will be lots on there again this year but if a kind brickseter can spend open across the water I can pay as gift on PayPal.
    I forgot to mention in my initial post, I will do these at cost, whatever that ends up being. I have to run out for a few hours, so if you PM regarding these, I won't be able to respond until this evening.

@SMC I can add you to the list too, if you'd like.
    SMC
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,256
    edited November 2015

pharmjod said:
    TOYS code for 20% off works as well though it says excludes LEGO. Brings it to $8.47 before any red card or gift card discounts. Not too bad for 4 exclusive minifigires.
    No longer works, now the info for the code says 'does not apply for LEGO'
    pharmjod said:
    20% off code no longer works. That was fast.

Nevermind :-)
    Still nice to see them online as it makes it easier to get
  • bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
    If possible I would love to be included on someone's list as well. Happy to pay PayPal gift too
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,631
    edited November 2015
    chuckp said:
    @Huw @Shib @scoiltreasa @MattsWhat  @CCC @TheOneVeyronian ; I'll help you guys out. I've already placed my order and included some extras. Since I'm sure there will be others who want in on this, I guess the first thing we need to do is find out who wants what.  Figs vs. whole cubes, trades vs. payment, etc. Then I guess we can determine if it's more economical to send to one UK Bricksetter for redistribution.

If you do plan on sending a few together you have to consider import duty could be added, sending one or two will be ok.

And thanks for the offer PM sent.

edited November 2015
  • ScarraScarra LondonMember Posts: 137
    I would like to get my hands on one also. 
    Would split costs with someone in north west London. Uk

@Scarra We might possibly be able to split costs, I'm close to North West London as well (well, I live in Greater London).

@chuckp PM coming your way!
  • leego76leego76 Chandlers FordMember Posts: 360
    If anyone can hook me up with a set of figs without the box it would be hugely appreciated! I could do PayPal as soon as its sorted. Had to resort to inflated prices on eBay.co.uk last time - cheers
  • LukeSkywalkerLukeSkywalker IrelandMember Posts: 231
    Hi, I'd just like to register my interest in getting 2 cubes as well. I live in Ireland. :)
  • MojoestMojoest UKMember Posts: 474
    I'd be interested in a Lightening Lad too if there is a list going. Happy to pay via PayPal gift. I'm just glad it's finally here! It must be the best part of a year since this first surfaced?
  • jondesouzaCEjondesouzaCE UKMember Posts: 242
    Guys, I'm another UK Bricksetter that would really like a cube (or two if possible).  Would really appreciate it if someone could help me out!
  • flightlessbirdflightlessbird Member Posts: 13
    Desperate to get a Lightning Lad, hope they fix uk delivery on their site =/
  • CommanderRaabCommanderRaab Edinburgh, ScotlandMember Posts: 596
    If we are going to do a group order I would like to get in on it please.
  • joel4motionjoel4motion United KingdomMember Posts: 959
    Late to the party because I'm travelling for a while but I'd like to get some of the action if anyone can help out? Looking for two though only one sealed as it'll be opened anyways. 
  • Rebrick37112Rebrick37112 Member Posts: 8
    You can get 10% off online at Target by using their Holiday Wishlist App. There will be a 10% coupon code on the App when you create a wishlist.  I applied that and the Red card discount to bring down the total 
  • brickedinbrickedin London, UKMember Posts: 435
    Can I add my name to the list of uk bricksetters after a cube @chuckp ;
  • jondesouzaCEjondesouzaCE UKMember Posts: 242
    Just to add, I'm also happy to distribute across the UK as I have done previously if it's easier to get a few delivered to one place.
  • DougTemplarDougTemplar Edinburgh, ScotlandMember Posts: 528
    I would love a Lightning Lad myself but it seems a lot of money and hassle for a single figure. I presume no-one out there wants the other minifigs to save on wastage?
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,403
    My order of 5 says they shipped so if anyone across the Atlantic wants one, PM me so I can get a list together and to whom I would ship them for distribution. First 5 people get dibs at cost. 
    tecjamchuckpmagrikiki180703
    Since the first batch I ordered were claimed pretty quick, I will be placing an another order. If you haven't been able to obtain one from other Bricksetters, send me a PM and I will try to help out. 

If I pm'd you and you're in the first batch, they are scheduled for delivery to me Friday. Hopefully I will be able to re-pack them over the weekend for Monday or Tuesday shipping. 
    Shib
  • SlapNutsSlapNuts Triad NC, USAMember Posts: 40
    OOS now, was checking out and poof all gone!