Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Death Star back from the dead

Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 721
It seems that the Death Star will be available for purchase at least one more time.  The expected ship date at [email protected] US is September 10.

Comments

• DoubleDDoubleD Oklahoma, USAMember Posts: 488
    Zombie Death Star. I got to get one.
    [Deleted User]SumoLegoModulaRLego_Nerd98
  • monkyby87monkyby87 Member Posts: 316
    Checking online it still just says sold out and to check back soon.
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 721
    @monkyby87 That's really strange when I checked at about 8 this morning it had a ship date by it.
  • gunozgunoz Member Posts: 1
    Just took a look, [email protected] US currently says "We are currently making more, so please check back soon for availability."
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,625
    Lego is just playing head games with the re-sellers.
    Sethro3pharmjodMrJ_NYLordofLego
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    ^this.

OR ARE THEY?!
     :# 
    pharmjodoldtodd33GoldchainsNatebwLordofLego
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 712
    Definitely says "Available Now" with an Add to Bag button on the UK [email protected]
    That's really strange, it still says sold out, currently making more.  In the US [email protected] that is...
  • TarDomoTarDomo FinlandMember Posts: 515
    In 2020: DS still available, I guess :P
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,594
    they must have sold a lot thanks to resellers. they can wait a year and pull the same trick again until resellers get tired of sitting on a growing pile of death stars
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 1,006
    I just have 1 that I would like to finally get out of my closet, guess it'll have to wait a while longer....
    DoubleD
    LegoTTkiki180703
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 483
    Bahahaha
    kiki180703BrickDancer
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,483
    edited August 2015
    My [email protected] US screen shows sold out and they will be making more

Star Wars
    • Item: 10188

• Ages:14+
    • VIP Points: 399
    • Pieces:3803
    • Sold Out

We are currently making more, so please check back soon for availability.

Price $399.99

kiki180703
    This set is the set I regret buying the most. For some reason I thought I wanted it and it just sits in its shipping box laughing that I wasted $400 on it.
    Probably will have a new box and new minifigures.

Didn't they just redesign the Tower Bridge box?
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,147
    ^ yes they did and don't worry that will be rereleased too!
  • ISDAvengerISDAvenger Member Posts: 205
    DoubleD said:
    This set is the set I regret buying the most. For some reason I thought I wanted it and it just sits in its shipping box laughing that I wasted $400 on it.
    I'll buy it for $350.00.
    yys4uLordofLego
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,446
    The Pet Shop box was slightly redesigned as well.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 15,028
    ^ Re-release?

It's an epidemic!
    kiki180703VorpalRyu
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    I keep seeing rumors that Lego is toying with keeping some sets out longer and just making them online only. I guess we will see.
    @ISDAvenger if you can come and get it I probably would sell it for 350
  • playwellplaywell UKMember Posts: 2,233
    What was the new Tower Bridge like? Does this mean it will be around for some time yet? 
    edited August 2015
    Thanks I only just got one as thought it was on its way out and didn't want to miss it guess its around to stay, guess mine has the higher part count as its new but hard to tell as out boxes don't have this on the front.
    edited August 2015
    With the death star I might have gone for it if they had updated it just a little with newer figures especially the protocol droids.
    So, do we know what the differences are/will be between them?  Just some miscellaneous parts that are replaced due to availability or something?
  • HangedSanchezHangedSanchez United KingdomMember Posts: 310
    SMC said:
    Thanks I only just got one as thought it was on its way out and didn't want to miss it guess its around to stay, guess mine has the higher part count as its new but hard to tell as out boxes don't have this on the front.

I bought one a couple of months ago as, like you, I din't want to have to pay the prices once it went OOP. Mine is the old box though, so I would be interested to see what the difference is.
    Really for how long is DS TB or any other set that got a new box is sticking around?
    The new boxes could be just a cost cutting way of standardizing their boxes, and maybe that helps with storing and shipping them.
    As for the DS, are they making enough to finish off the year? Making enough to have stocks for the beginning of the year to hope that the next movie will spur sales? Or just making enough to sell out almost immediately and then be the 'hot toy no one can find' for Christmas?

Really for how long is DS TB or any other set that got a new box is sticking around?
    The new boxes could be just a cost cutting way of standardizing their boxes, and maybe that helps with storing and shipping them.
    As for the DS, are they making enough to finish off the year? Making enough to have stocks for the beginning of the year to hope that the next movie will spur sales? Or just making enough to sell out almost immediately and then be the 'hot toy no one can find' for Christmas?

I don't know if being a hot toy nobody can find really benefits them.
    yys4u

Zombie Death Star is back, they need to behead it  to get this over quickly. 
    madforLEGO
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    Wow...didn't see that coming... :)
  • mr_bennmr_benn United KingdomMember Posts: 908
    It's never been retired in the UK, so I doubt this is a re-release - I think that's a different concept to simply 'making more'?

Definitely still in my top 5 sets :)
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    How many of you who never got the set are going to purchase it now? Just curious cause I've never been particularly wowed by it, but am leaning towards buying it now just in case its the next Millennium Falcon. I wouldn't sell it, I actually enjoy owning something I know is valuable, but because its been around for so long I'm inclined to think it wont follow that path. I'm just wondering who's in the same boat as me. 
  • TwoToneBricksTwoToneBricks KCMember Posts: 37
    I honestly didn't know it was x years old until it disappeared in July. I always wanted it but couldn't justify it. My fiancé finally said ok right when it disappeared. So naturally I was clicking refresh hoping to buy it everyday. It's supposed to be at my house Wednesday. Well see if they changed the packaging or piece count on it. Very excited and also happy I didn't have to pay anything over retail. 
    yys4u
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    DOUBLE POINTS IN OCTOBER!

It will be mine! muahahahahaha
  • BobflipBobflip Member Posts: 668
    yys4u said:
    How many of you who never got the set are going to purchase it now? Just curious cause I've never been particularly wowed by it, but am leaning towards buying it now just in case its the next Millennium Falcon. I wouldn't sell it, I actually enjoy owning something I know is valuable, but because its been around for so long I'm inclined to think it wont follow that path. I'm just wondering who's in the same boat as me. 
    I'm not pulling the trigger, it never appealed to me much.
    In terms of collectibility, I also think there will be far too many out there for it to go the same way as the Falcon. Of course, if they rereleased 10179 it'd be a very different story, but that doesn't need to be said!
    yys4u
  • BobflipBobflip Member Posts: 668
    Fire Brigade had two different boxes in its lifetime - when I bought mine right at the end of its life last year, there were several of one box and one of another.
    It says sold out again for me. I was on a mobile device not sure if that matters. 
    DoubleD said:
    It says sold out again for me. I was on a mobile device not sure if that matters. 
    Says sold on the Hard to find, or SW page, or when you actually are on the 'item' page? On the actual DS page it was showing that we are making more message.
    UPDATE:
    As of right now in the US, it is showing out of stock, expected ship date is Sept 20th, 15
    It's back, and it's available now at [email protected]
    Bit.
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 806
    edited November 2015
    The haunted house should be zombified, too.
    mampepin
  • KralaskanKralaskan Member Posts: 208
    I just ordered one.  Wanted 2 so me and the wife don't fight over it and it said limit 1.  Will try to get another in a day or 2.  She said wait until Black Friday but I told her they would prob be gone 
    77ncaachamps
    I wish the Haum house would come back, I would probably buy 4. 
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 883
    LegoTT said:
    It has more pieces now?
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 15,028
    Yes.  If the set survives long enough, it starts generating its own pieces.
    LegoTTkiki180703BumblepantsprevereYodaliciousJern92yys4u
  • kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 831
    Darn it, didn't realise that [email protected] would get the Death Star back so soon, I ordered mine from Smyths a few days ago, however I did get £12 off.
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    I always chuckle when I see the "Hard to Find" tag on the Death Star. Any set out that long isn't all that hard to find.
    TheLoneTensormadforLEGOpharmjodkiki180703bobabricks