Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

[US] Polys in the wild...

Comments

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,306
    Check again on I think Sunday.
  • ACWWGal2011ACWWGal2011 Member Posts: 534
    Anyone here anything one if there'll be a Halloween poly this year
  • iplanteiplante USMember Posts: 164
    Joker poly at TRU in Minnetonka, MN near Ridgedale
  • thenosthenos Twin Cities, MNMember Posts: 385
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 648
    @thenos Does that start this week?
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,330
    Ummm.. what is the event that they talk about on the bottom?
    I don't think it is a Lego event sadly...they only have some shopkins thing listed...... No Joker cars at our toys r us either
  • thenosthenos Twin Cities, MNMember Posts: 385
    edited August 2015
    @matticus_bricks ;
    Err,  sorry,  yes starts tomorrow.  
  • CurvedRoadPlateCurvedRoadPlate Member Posts: 255
    I was able to buy the Joker Bumper car polybag from the Brookfield, WI, TRU tonight. I was not required to make a purchase of another set to get it.
  • NeilJamNeilJam USAMember Posts: 269
    Looking through the long list of holds for the new Star Wars toys, I found one listing with the name Lego 30276. None of the Episode 7 SW Lego sets have much description other than the set number, but this one appears to be a poly based on the price and case count - $3.99, 30 per case. Oddly, the hold date is 9/1, but the new Star Wars toys don't go on sale until 9/4.
    I was able to buy the Joker Bumper car polybag from the Brookfield, WI, TRU tonight. I was not required to make a purchase of another set to get it.
    Arghhh....I was going to check yesterday and forgot. They did not have any when I went Saturday.
  • iplanteiplante USMember Posts: 164
    iplante said:
    Joker poly at TRU in Minnetonka, MN near Ridgedale
    Forgot to mention I had to ask CS. It was behind the counter. 
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    YMMV. My TRU never sells promos during or before the promo period (Believe me, I always ask).
  • DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 338
    Definitely YMMV... one TRU in my area keeps them behind the service desk, another in my area allows you to buy the promo and it counts towards the minimum purchase to get the promo...9 bumper cars for the price of 8, if one were so inclined.
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    Three TRUs in my general area. One never gets the promos (or if they do they never bring them out of storage), one keeps them all behind the counter, and one always has tons (almost too many) of whatever it is. I couldn't believe how many of the bumper cars they had two weeks ago. They are also the one notorious for selling sets before the true release date.
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,145
    Does anyone know what Target does with the unsold polybags they sell?

I'm just curious because a few weeks ago the three Targets by me had a ton of the Go Kart left, and then they all got replaced by the Space Utility Vehicle. I did manage to get a Go Kart thankfully, but I am curious as to what Target does with all the leftover polybags after they pull from the shelf.
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    Does anyone know what Target does with the unsold polybags they sell?

I'm just curious because a few weeks ago the three Targets by me had a ton of the Go Kart left, and then they all got replaced by the Space Utility Vehicle. I did manage to get a Go Kart thankfully, but I am curious as to what Target does with all the leftover polybags after they pull from the shelf.

One of the Targets near me puts them in the back only to have them reappear at random times later. Dozens of a Harry Potter poly popped up in the Lego aisle about two months ago. There was a Chima one the month before that that was about two years old. It seems that they take them to the back, put them in a corner, then randomly remember they have them years down the road.

Yet another one near me transplants them to the Lego aisle. They put the ones that are no longer the newest in a Mixels box with the rest of the Lego. I always hunt under the Mixels just in case there's a gem down there.

• Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,117
    Last year I found an entire shopping cart parked in the clearance isle of my Target filled with Harry Potter poly bags . They were marked 50% off and they sat there for a long time before they finally disappeared. I admit to buying way more then I should have.
    Got Joker poly and there still are tons at Brookfield, WI store.
    Thanos75 said:
    Last year I found an entire shopping cart parked in the clearance isle of my Target filled with Harry Potter poly bags . They were marked 50% off and they sat there for a long time before they finally disappeared. I admit to buying way more then I should have.
    I found a Harry Potter polybag at my one Target a few years back, and when I scanned it at a regular price check scanner it said to "See Associate for Details". So I took it up to Customer Service and they told me it was $4.99. I passed.

I went to my local TRU but they refused to sell me the Joker Bumper Car on its own. Maybe it'll show up at Target eventually.
    Thanos75 said:
    I found a Harry Potter polybag at my one Target a few years back, and when I scanned it at a regular price check scanner it said to "See Associate for Details". So I took it up to Customer Service and they told me it was $4.99. I passed.

I went to my local TRU but they refused to sell me the Joker Bumper Car on its own. Maybe it'll show up at Target eventually.
    Give TRU til next Sunday, when their promo is off and Im guessing they will be available for purchase again.
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 685
    I think the Bumber Car is definitely YMMV.  My local TRU closed in Jan so I call one 70miles away when they had the Electro and today for the Bumber Car.  They had 50 out last week and he said they have them for this weeks ad but said he had to do some inventory checking to see if he could sell me some without affecting the "$30 free sale" limit and he told me they had a couple cases of them still.   So now when I know TRU has a decent poly worth getting 8-10, I call and he sends them to me...and doesn't charge me shipping.
  • nychromastonenychromastone The Empire StateMember Posts: 154
    NeilJam said:
    Looking through the long list of holds for the new Star Wars toys, I found one listing with the name Lego 30276.
    this is what came up when i used a search method shared by another brickset member:

First-Order-Special-Forces-TIE-fighter-30276

• DNADNA New York, USAMember Posts: 89
    I saw some of the Joker cars for the first time at my local TRU (Jefferson Valley, New York). They were scanning the same as Electro at $4.49. They had boxes of CMF series 12 and 13 as well so that was nice to see. I was able to quickly replace my 7 year old's lost Jester. 

madforLEGO
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 632
    they may have joker Polly pags behind the counter . i had to ask for mine
  • SlapNutsSlapNuts Triad NC, USAMember Posts: 40
    Got some from my local TRU yesterday. They had the free Joker poly with $30 construction set signs up but let me buy them without making a purchase. They wouldn't let me buy more than 4 though.
  • PandaXPandaX Member Posts: 19
    Joker poly is available for store pickup in TRU.  Limit 4 per customer.  
    SlapNutsmadforLEGO
    edited August 2015
    PandaX said:
    Joker poly is available for store pickup in TRU.  Limit 4 per customer.  
    YMMV ..So what store/ area is this at?
    I ask because some stores will have a limit, some have no limit at all, some have them on a rack, some have them behind CS, and some have none of these bags left.
    Greensboro, NC store has a 4 bag limit and can get them picked up in store just FYI
  • jadeirenejadeirene US, CaliforniaMember Posts: 475
    @madforLEGO the store pickup option is on their website.  The website has a limit of 4.
    madforLEGO
    just tried to put 4 in the cart and it said the store only has 3 available
    jadeirene said:
    @madforLEGO the store pickup option is on their website.  The website has a limit of 4.
    Did not realize these were online again, I bet they sold out fast.
    jadeirene said:
    Did not realize these were online again, I bet they sold out fast.
    Yep website says OOS now. I tried to order a few and only got one before they went out.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,810
    I am sooooooo glad I traded for a couple of these earlier this year.
  • brownbricks720brownbricks720 Cleveland, OhioMember Posts: 47
    There are 2 toys r us by me. One is super strict: Only 4 polybags per customer, and they rarely release anything early. The other store will let me buy as many polybags as I want and you can find sets that are 3 weeks before the release date. I think it is just based on management and how that store runs things. By the way I picked up 5 joker bumper carts. 
  • veign06veign06 USAMember Posts: 136
    Damn, I have yet to see any of the Joker bumper carts...I have checked every week this month. Ugh.
    edited August 2015
    veign06 said:
    Damn, I have yet to see any of the Joker bumper carts...I have checked every week this month. Ugh.
    Go to the TRU website. Look up 'LEGO 30303'. If they are still on the site (they are at this moment anyway)they will have an option for local pickup. Click on that link, put your zip code in and it will tell you if any are listed at stores in your area.

veign06
  • veign06veign06 USAMember Posts: 136
    veign06 said:
    Go to the TRU website. Look up 'LEGO 30303'. If they are still on the site (they are at this moment anyway)they will have an option for local pickup. Click on that link, put your zip code in and it will tell you if any are listed at stores in your area.

Thanks, they had some and ordered two...was just there yesterday, I knew I should have asked if they had any.
    veign06 said:
    veign06 said:

Thanks, they had some and ordered two...was just there yesterday, I knew I should have asked if they had any.
    YW, glad you got a couple. Remember to ALWAYS ask at the CS desk, because many TRUs love to hold these under the CS desk (literally having them in the their shipping box under the desk).

• NeilJamNeilJam USAMember Posts: 269
    veign06 said:
    veign06 said:

Pay attention to what the email says when you get it. Make sure it says the order is ready to pick up before you go. The system will allow you to order it because the inventory shows some in stock, but there are discrepancies in the system. The inventory may say there is some in stock, but that could be an error caused by numerous things like theft, cashiers not ringing up the item when it was a promo, or the store may have not actually received the amount they were supposed to get.

pharmjod
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 936
    edited August 2015
    My local TRU had plenty of the #30303, though they were never put out on the floor.  Ordering for store pickup or asking worked for me.
  • MilcheaxMilcheax Member Posts: 52
    Millville, NJ Target had a bunch of the #30315 Space Utility Vehicle (and an equal amount of #30265 Worriz Fire Bike).
    madforLEGO
    Yeah check my local Target and they also have the #30315 buggy available.
    Missed the Joker Bumper Car. I'm hoping it shows up at Target later in the year.

Apparently my TRU gets a very very low supply of the promo polybags and they get wiped out pretty quickly.
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 936
    SithLord196 said:
    Missed the Joker Bumper Car. I'm hoping it shows up at Target later in the year.

Apparently my TRU gets a very very low supply of the promo polybags and they get wiped out pretty quickly.
    Well it seems that the resellers either grabbed the #30303 up fast, or TRU is getting slightly stricter on people buying polys.  At least the price on eBay seems reasonable right now at $7.49.
  • MrJ_NYMrJ_NY A flick missle away from Brickagara FallsMember Posts: 592
    There are Joker Bumper Car just sitting on the pegs for days here,they've been out different times during the past month
    SumoLego
    teal93mr2 said:
    SithLord196 said:

Well it seems that the resellers either grabbed the #30303 up fast, or TRU is getting slightly stricter on people buying polys.  At least the price on eBay seems reasonable right now at $7.49.
    Just like any other offer, YMMV. Some TRUs may have only gotten 50 and gave them out during the promo. Some may have gotten 200; some none at all. It is possible they do have them, but people fail to ask the CS if they have them, maybe in the back or at the CS desk. It is possible resellers scooped them up as the 7.49 price may be indicative of the wealth of them available second hand, but if anything it is a bit of both lack of continuity at stores and resellers. There is also the possibility of those buying large quantities of these for parties as they make good grab/gift bag items.
    MrJ_NY said:
    There are Joker Bumper Car just sitting on the pegs for days here,they've been out different times during the past month
    I was just thinking that if Target is getting it sometime in the future I wonder if he will be the polybag for their Halloween section?
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    Previously, Lego polys have been stocked right when they start stocking Halloween items. That's the best time to check and buy.
    madforLEGO
  • solid_stridersolid_strider TexasMember Posts: 205
    edited September 2015
    Just bought the #30204 Friends Wish Fountain from 5 Below.