Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Sawgrass Mills LEGO Store in Sunrise, FL Postponed

2»

Comments

• coolpixcoolpix Member Posts: 357
    edited December 2011
    @krklint I was at the store last Saturday, and the manager told me they would actually open at 9:00 am for the Grand Opening, however, they are not advertising this at the store. I had to ask her for that info. When I was manager at the GameStop at Sawgrass we had a few events in which the store opened at 7:00 am or 8:00 am (when a new very sought after game was releasing, like Pokemon or Halo3), so this may be true, and different from the actual everyday store opening time. I'll try to be there at 9:00 am.
  • krklintkrklint Member Posts: 502
    Thank you, Sir! I'll probably be there about the same time, then. Even when the store at the Mall of America did a giveaway for the 20 year remodel last year, people who arrived 1 1/2 hours early were able to score the special-event giveaway; and that store has foot traction (true, 8 inches of snow fell during that night, so I only made it due to 4-wheel drive).
    So we will likely meet there. Still, just because Sawgrass is mostly a tourist mall, we will be able to get that exclusive minifig/set easily, since they will have about 300 in store. I am not interested into the T-Shirt on Sunday though.
    after paying to have my vehicle tabs and title changed from MN to FL, buying plane tix for the holidays, and then enjoying Black Friday... I'm not sure I can afford 2 days in a row (laughs at self and heads out to play basketball with his well-inflated credit card).
    LOL. I promise I will only spend the $35 to get my exclusive. That's it! (back in my mind I know that's not true... I'll get $75 in goods so I can score another PAB box!)
    haha. me too. them dang Pab boxes are dangerous. Thats why I'm going to make a trip to Orlando, in Jan... fill them boxes up and maybe check out Legoland too.
    It's a good idea. Orlando's PAB wall is nothing short of fantastic! I am planning a trip up to Orlando as well with the kids to visit Legoland, maybe on new year's if I can make enough money before the 24th!
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,431
    I may try to get in there but I'm not going that early. The minifigs looks ok but don't strike me as special.
    @Bosstone100 Where have you seen pics of the minifigs?
    Oh, never mind, at the Sawgrass Landing Page they have a picture of those figs, only realized now!

http://stores.lego.com/en-us/Sunrise/LandingPage.aspx
    I believe thats a script pic though. I think I've seen the same picture used for other store openings. The actual mini-figs (like those given away in San Diego?) also have slightly different cardboard on the packaging, announcing the store. Also, the backs of the minifigs often are dated with the store's name (as seen in this flickr pic: http://www.flickr.com/photos/swafr/6246601341/ )
  • LegogeekLegogeek Orange County, CaliforniaMember Posts: 714
    ^ Ah, you ninja'd me.

I was going to say I think that is just a stock photo they use.

I missed the grand opening of the newest store near me and have been wondering if they had minifigs. Guess I should ask someone that works there, huh? ;oP
    I am a master of spinjitsu :p
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,431
    I'll still go over there. Gotta hit the gym first though.
  • LegogeekLegogeek Orange County, CaliforniaMember Posts: 714
    After a little searching I found photos of the minifigs from my local stores G/O.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/fbtbnet/5519027177/

The backsides of the figs have special printing
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/fbtbnet/5519026935/

I guess this is similar to what you might expect at your stores G/O
  • brickbuilder711brickbuilder711 Member Posts: 14
    I was there today for the first time after settling down after the big ribbon build.

Very nice experience, the staff remembered me from delivery day and we chatted it up a bit. The manager helped me out and we chatted about the new stuff.

Always nice when you go to a LEGO store where the manager knows you by name. I left with the holiday box, the 7325 (20% off), and the 4438 (for review).