Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Series 14 CMF monsters found at Target

wrangler6915wrangler6915 USA - Lincoln NEMember Posts: 514
these were not in the system yet so no price came up...manager at checkout told the cashier to mark them for $1 each.  Wish I'd had more than 12 in the cart, but I'm pretty happy just getting th three weeks early.  This was in Lincoln NE
RonyarMrJ_NYpreverehkcrazy88Toc13bobabricksyys4uherbyderby

Comments

• RonyarRonyar Member Posts: 373
    Wow.  Somebody seriously broke street date on these.   Every Target I've ever been too were serious sticklers about that.  Good for you!
  • frog4gatorsfrog4gators Member Posts: 21
    That's when you should've made a dash back to the display and filled the cart.
    SumoLego
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Sigh
    pharmjodDedgeckomadforLEGO
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    @wrangler6915Can you post the dpci from the receipt?
    PurplorosTheLoneTensor
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 599
    Ugh, wrangler, just 12?  Lol
  • wrangler6915wrangler6915 USA - Lincoln NEMember Posts: 514
    @pharmjod the receipt just shows "merchandise" and the price.  I don't suppose the barcode on the back would help?
    ^^yes just 12.  The best part was when my wife said "how cool would it be if you got the whole set with no duplicate!"   I love her enthusiasm but had to explain that with 16 in the series, it was unlikely I'd get a whole set.
    Lego_Star
    Not sure if it would or not tbh. I figured there would be a numbered dpci, but not shocking since they aren't supposed to be out for another almost 3 weeks. Thank you though!
  • just2goodjust2good Member Posts: 247
    Anyone in Florida find any?
    So I ended up with two duplicates:  the witch and gargoyle.  I'd like to offer these both up for trade for a plastic man or I'd be willing to sell for my cost of $2.14 (7% tax) plus $3.00 for shipping (so, $5.14 total) via PayPal gift.  Please pm if interested
    thx
    Duplicates have been claimed!
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 800
    Probably the same store mentioned on Eurobricks
    Good lookin figs there
  • Ladder19JTKLadder19JTK Hudson ValleyMember Posts: 219
    edited August 2015
    wrangler, can you post the DPCI or a picture of your receipt showing the DPCI?
    He already said there wasn't a dpci on the receipt since the item wasn't in the system to sell.
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 651
    I'm pretty sure Target uses the same DPCI for all CMFs regardless of series anyway. 
    SumoLego
  • deephorsedeephorse West Yorkshire, U.K.Member Posts: 83
    $1 each?  That's criminal.
    pharmjod
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,283
    I would have bought the whole case!
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    At which point he might have realised his mistake, checked the actual price and charged you RRP. That said, so would I.
  • bsiu922bsiu922 SF Bay Area, CAMember Posts: 439
    now I am jealous!   glad you found a great deal  but i miss the duplicated!
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    I'm in Lincoln too. I have yet to see these...hmm, I wonder if they pulled them from the shelf already?

Someone here told me they got some at TRU in Lincoln already too..I went to check it out and the manager said they didn't have anything of that series yet. So I'm not saying anyone is lying, obviously pictures are speaking the truth, but it's all about right place/right time methinks.
    So these were hanging in a display case from series 12 I think.  56th street store. I'm probably gonna go back tonight and see if I can feel for the six I don't have.  If they still have them out I'll get more to offer up at my cost
    @sethro3 the Lincoln TRU sucks about as bad as any I've ever seen. I don't even bother to go there anymore.
    Sethro3
    That's so odd. I went to that Target yesterday to look for potential clearance items. They had some figures in the older series 12/13 case, but none of the series 14. Oh well. I may  try to check it out again in the future, but they will be out soon enough....my daughter has been begging for them, so maybe she'll talk me into them sooner.
  • IwantmorelegosIwantmorelegos USAMember Posts: 42
    I was at target today and found an empty box on the shelf. I asked an employee if they had more and he brought me a sealed box. I did not see a shelf date on the outer shipping box. They rang up fine at the register. It is the same DPCI as the 2nd Simpsons series.
  • VeeKaChuVeeKaChu Lombard IL USAMember Posts: 4
    The Target in Warrenville IL also has these out.  Didn't scan correctly there either, but I just let the cashier know they were posted 3.99$ and she rang 'em up...    
    pharmjod
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 2,091
    Has anyone posted the minifigure distribution for this series yet?
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    edited August 2015
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 2,091
    @LostInTranslation - thank you very much :)
  • BlueTacoBlueTaco MarylandMember Posts: 78
    One of the Targets in Glen Burnie MD had them and sold out pretty quick. If anyone is in the Washington D.C. area, the Target on 214/Central Avenue in Largo MD still had like 3/4 of a box as of this afternoon. It was in the aisle next to the Lego aisle, mixed in with the MegaBlocks.
  • DNADNA New York, USAMember Posts: 89
    I saw them today at a Target in Connecticut (Bethel store). 

• dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 640
    i need to go looking again
  • SarahIsabellaSarahIsabella USAMember Posts: 69
    I found them in a Target in NW Houston today too.  They weren't on the Lego aisle, they were one aisle over, the box just sitting among the Call of Duty building sets.  They were in the system and rang up at the usual $3.99
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,143
    I just went ahead and preordered a couple of boxes from my favorite eBay seller. Getting tired of hunting.
    77ncaachamps
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    BlueTaco said:
    One of the Targets in Glen Burnie MD had them and sold out pretty quick.
    Ahh, I was in the Richie Highway one on Saturday and didn't see any.
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    DPCI?
  • MrJ_NYMrJ_NY A flick missle away from Brickagara FallsMember Posts: 592
    @Rainstorm26"It is the same DPCI as the 2nd Simpsons series. " - @Iwantmorelegos
    204-00-1379
    pharmjod
  • jesirosejesirose McKinney, TXMember Posts: 52
    :( I can't find them at any of the Targets near me. There are 5 targets on my drive home (or only a little out of the way) and I checked every one.
    That's the problem with DPCI..if it is the same as a previous series, it won't tell you if they have any of this new series, just that they have that DPCI number...
    Well, if they have 60 or 120 of that dcpi there is a better than average chance its the new series not the Simpson's from my experiences anyway.
  • ARo2891ARo2891 MAMember Posts: 114
    Found two full boxes at the framingham, ma target on my way home from work just now!  Spent 15 minutes finding the ones I want as well as a few doubles and dipped.  They rang up the normal $3.99 so no bartering to a cheaper deal for me I'm not complaining :)
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 483
    edited August 2015
    All of the targets near me have 120 in stock of the DCPI. Checked a couple of them, but no dice. I'm assuming they will be put out come September. 
  • DrakuhlDrakuhl Member Posts: 3
    The LEGO Brand Store in Saarbruecken, Germany has them for sale since yesterday. 15/16 purchased, Witch still missing.
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,673
    I stopped by a Target today, didn't see the CMF on display, punched the DCPI in their scanner and it showed as available in stock room. I asked an employee (she was a LEGO fan) and told me they will only put them when the Halloween products are for sale. She brought me a box, told me to pick the ones I wanted (like she knew I was going to search and feel, didn't asked how many I wanted) and then to return the box to her to put it back in the stockroom.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,616
    @ColoradoBricks  Which store was that?  I have only been able to find them in one store down south, the rest don't have them out because they have been putting all of their time into the Star Wars displays. 
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,673
    @oldtodd33 Saddle Rock on 7400 S Gartrell in Aurora. They were not on display either, they pulled the box from the stock room for me to pick a few and them put them back in storage.
    You can ask an employee at the electronic desk, it sits between the LEGO aisle and the stock room door.
  • RonyarRonyar Member Posts: 373
    I still haven't seen them at all in NC. Had a target employee pull a box from the back and it was all Simpsons still.  180 showing in stock.  Ugh.  
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,167
    Went to one of the local Targets by me, they had only three sprues on the rack filled with Series 14. But even still- and clearing most off the rack- my GF and I got a set each and a couple of duplicates. It is interesting to hear that Targets are going to try to hold these until the Halloween stuff comes out. Makes be wonder if they are doing polybags then for their Halloween aisle