Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Bionicle Expert Needed, Please

chuxtoyboxchuxtoybox Member Posts: 711
Hello! I bought these parts at a yardsale. Obviously, there is not a complete figure here, but I'm hoping someone can tell me whose parts I have and if all of these parts are actually Bionicle or at least LEGO.

I'm pretty sure there is more than one character here since I have 3 feet. Please include set numbers if possible. I tried to research this myself but there is a lot more Bionicle than I thought and Brickset's pictures aren't helping to identify these pieces. Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!  :)

Comments

• Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,003
    Try Hero Factory? The H is a dead giveaway. 
  • flappeerflappeer Bexleyheath, UKMember Posts: 8
    edited August 2015
    Rainstorm 26 is right that it's hero factory. Quickly flicking through the Brickset database a lot of it looks like 6128 Splitface. The rest of it, at a  guess, is probably some variation of Furno which you can probably find if you look hard enough. 
  • Lego_Lord_MayorcaLego_Lord_Mayorca H-Town, USAMember Posts: 614
    Indeed, you are dealing with a lot of Hero Factory parts, primarily from Splitface. I'd venture that the dark red character could also be Crotesius, the fire tribe Agori from the set 8992 Cendox V1, which came out in 2009 in the BIONICLE lineup. Wonder what became of his bike (the titular Cendox V1)?
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 788
    I'll also state that the odd looking red parts next to the dark red leg, the odd black part under the green hose, the weird, black armor chunks along the top, the four parts underneath the Bionicle torso/spine, the black armor chunks to the left and right of the red Hero Factory bone, and the weird octagonal wing thingies with the red/black gun in it are from a NEO:SHIFTER, or in simpler terms...

M*** Bl***

Knowing that, I see that the late 2000's were a dark time for me, indeed...
  • chuxtoyboxchuxtoybox Member Posts: 711
    edited August 2015
    Thanks, everybody who responded! I had a feeling Lego_Lord_Mayorca would be one of them, having read an enthusiastic post of yours about Bionicle in another thread. :)

These parts were mixed with other robot parts that I knew were definitely not LEGO, but I am not very familiar with Bionicle and it's offspring to completely diferentiate from MB apparently.  Am I just blind, or is the LEGO brand not found on any of the Bionicle "family" pieces?
    Lego_Lord_Mayorca
  • Storm791Storm791 USAMember Posts: 2
    For the Hero Factory parts:
    They are, the LEGO logo is stamped on the inside of where the ball sockets connect for the red shell pieces.
    On the bone pieces in the concave parts on the sides of the open sockets on the ends,  written really small along with part numbers and such.
    I also bought set 4526 at this yardsale with the box and instructions. I almost didn't buy all of the other bags of "Bionicle" parts,but luckily I did because some of the parts to this set were in them. Batman is complete.

A lot of people don't like "Bionicle" (I hope the Bioncle fans don't mind me blanketing HF and SH by just calling it all Bionicle, if so I appologize) but even though it is definitely very different from system I find it very cool once you have a complete figure in front of you. I may buy some new in the future.

Is the correct terminology "Constraction" when speaking of this branch of LEGO?
    edited August 2015
    Thank you, Storm791! I will look. 

You were correct, Bricksetters, it was Splitface! 98% complete give or take a %. All he was missing was a piece of his "gun" and the ball he shoots  with it. I might actually have those pieces from other finds, but I thought I would share a quick pic. I paid 30 cents for both of these guys! Don't ever let your mother get a hold of your LEGO!

• Lego_Lord_MayorcaLego_Lord_Mayorca H-Town, USAMember Posts: 614
    A lot of people don't like "Bionicle" (I hope the Bioncle fans don't mind me blanketing HF and SH by just calling it all Bionicle, if so I appologize) but even though it is definitely very different from system I find it very cool once you have a complete figure in front of you. I may buy some new in the future.

Is the correct terminology "Constraction" when speaking of this branch of LEGO?
    Heh, typically, it is a bit jarring to see BIONICLE used to refer to Hero Factory. BIONICLE was more than just the "constraction" figures; it was a really well-developed mythology told through movies, books, comics, and video games. When BIONICLE ended in mid-2010, Hero Factory was its successor in the way that it filled the consumer niche for constraction figure sets. However, while it originally employed a lot of BIONICLE parts, the line evolved significantly in 2011 with the release of what is popularly referred to as the "creature-construction building system", or CCBS for short. You basically are seeing it in employed in that Splitface and Batman set that you own. The CCBS is a superior system when it comes to constraction figures because it allows for more articulation and customization of your figures. Your basic Hero Factory hero can be remade into a six-legged spider beast, or a multi-headed chimera, all by merely swapping or adding different limbs, "cladding" (the armor pieces), and flair.

CCBS is now used in the reboot of BIONICLE to great effect. Anyways, thanks for the shout-out. I wasn't aware I spoke so much about BIONICLE on Brickset that someone picked up on my enthusiasm. I'm usually more known about these parts for defending other much more "unfavored" themes like Time Cruisers or Cyber Slam (basically, Lego from the 90s, which nowadays usually gets a bad rap from 80s kids).