Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Boxes in boxes

welo999welo999 AustriaMember Posts: 31
Hi,

just about a year out of my dark ages so not that much into Lego history.

Today i came across something i didn't knew that Lego did.
Numbered boxes instead of bags.

Looks very nice. Even if its a Jack Stone Set. ;)

Werner

js1.jpg 75.7K

Comments

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,711
    You should see the inside of either the #10018 Darth Maul bust or the #3450 Statue of Liberty box then. The problem is it is very wasteful to be putting cardboard boxes into boxes, not to mention expensive when you are doing it by the thousands.
  • HangedSanchezHangedSanchez United KingdomMember Posts: 310
    Fancy! I know #10234 Sydney Opera House has a plain white box inside holding some of the bags, but nothing like that! As you said though, shame about the set...
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    The Death Star 10188 also has boxes inside as well. 
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,570
    Super Star Destroyer 10221 also had white boxes inside.
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,840
    Does anybody know if the Taj Mahal or UCS Falcon had boxes inside? I know that the boxes found in UCS sets are not as detailed as the boxes shown in that Jack Stone set, they're just plain white boxes with numbers.
  • MojoestMojoest UKMember Posts: 474
    The Helicarrier #76042 has a plain white box inside it too.
    bobabricks
  • magpie9magpie9 Member Posts: 11
    ^^ The UCS Falcon had white boxes. I would think in the huge and heavy sets the boxes stop everything from sliding to one end, thus making them more balanced for staff and customers to move them about.
    Oldfanbobabricks
  • stevotheradstevotherad Member Posts: 3
    The Mos Espa podrace set had 3 boxes within the original box. One for each podracer. That was such a fun set.
  • GalactusGalactus NLMember Posts: 255
    UCS 10030 ISD also had the white boxes inside. 4 White ones for the bricks and a cardboard holder for the book. I have never come across printed boxes like that Jack Stone set has. Ofcourse some super packs have the smaller sets in their original packaging inside the large box.
  • bok2bok2 Member Posts: 53
    8448-1: Super Street Sensation had fantastic inner box design.
    What is the set number of the Jack Stone set?
    Can anyone provide som pics of the inner boxes of the #10018 Darth Maul bust and the #3450 Statue of Liberty?
  • xiahnaxiahna Member Posts: 156
    that's pretty cool. But I can see why they wouldn't do that much. Nice find :D
    VorpalRyu
  • welo999welo999 AustriaMember Posts: 31
    bok2 said:
    What is the set number of the Jack Stone set?
    It's 4611 Police HQ
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,840
    bok2 said:
    8448-1: Super Street Sensation had fantastic inner box design.
    Found pictures of it, really is great packaging!

GalactusHangedSanchezandhe
  • IstokgIstokg MichiganMember Posts: 2,144
    The earliest known "box within a box" LEGO item I could find in my Unofficial LEGO Sets/Parts Collectors Guide... was this Billund Souvenir set of the mid 1960s.  This small set was given away at the factory. It came with a colorful outer box.....

And inside this outer box were small boxes with just LEGO bricks, already stacked together... so that you could see thru cut out parts of the inner boxes directly to the stacked bricks....

Galactusbobabricks
    Birth of the LEGO box-in-box design. Very nice.
    edited August 2015
    Does anybody know if the Taj Mahal or UCS Falcon had boxes inside? I know that the boxes found in UCS sets are not as detailed as the boxes shown in that Jack Stone set, they're just plain white boxes with numbers.
    10179 Falcon had 3 open white boxes (more like bins) with a flat box for the manual on top.

Anyone being aware of more sets with "bins"?