Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

CMF series 14 / Halloween Monsters

Comments

• Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,434
    um. what?
    devilhead
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,815
    Dear Brickset,

Take a good long look at the Zombie Cheerleader, because it's going to be a while before you get hold of one.

Signed,
    SilentMode
    You're going to have to fight for them!
    SilentMode
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,979
    This is really the first series I am tempted to buy an entire box, except
    a) I'm not sure where to buy an entire box
    b) I'm not convinced  yet that I want that many minifigs

• Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 599
    tamamahm said:
    This is really the first series I am tempted to buy an entire box, except
    a) I'm not sure where to buy an entire box
    b) I'm not convinced  yet that I want that many minifigs

eBay seller minifiguresplus always sells boxes and they're right at retail prices.  Great sellers if you want boxes. ;)
    Pitfall69tamamahmThanos75
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM IrelandMember Posts: 966
    edited August 2015
    SilentMode said:
    Dear Brickset,

Take a good long look at the Zombie Cheerleader, because it's going to be a while before you get hold of one.

Signed,
    SilentMode

I like to think someone from TLG dropped by my Flickr and felt inspired :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/steve_om/8423602951/
    bluedragon
  • LukeSkywalkerLukeSkywalker IrelandMember Posts: 231
    Is the Banshee's hair translucent?? It kinda looks that way when you look at the high resolution picture. Kinda like those visors that aren't completely clear (I forget the term, trans-something). Would that be a first for a hairpiece if it is?? I'm getting way too excited about this lol 
  • tratclifftratcliff Member Posts: 13
    @LukeSkywalker from the this and the leak photos it looks like trans-black. 
  • BACbrixBACbrix AmericaMember Posts: 655
    What is the difference between a Banshee and a ghost? Not Halo
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,552
    A banshee is a spirit that appears, crying, to warn of an imminent death. not sure if the banshee used to be a living human.
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 483
    edited August 2015
    I'm pumped!  These look great.  Has anyone ever purchased a sealed box of CMFs from the Lego Store?
  • HokieJoe99HokieJoe99 Member Posts: 351
    This looks like it may be one of the easier series to feel for.  There are 5 different types of legs alone.  Also, the accessories seem to be fairly uniquely shaped to help unlike the Simpsons for example where every pack it seemed like you were feeling a 2x2 tile. 
    pharmjodandhe
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 2,118
    ^ That's a good point, I will be buying about half for these which is crazy when I don't line the theme so I guess they did a good job with these figures.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    monkyby87 said:
    I never thought being easy to feel for was a bad thing, as I've had too many frustrations with past series. 
    What?  Being easy to feel for is an incredibly good thing.  I have no desire to spend $4 on any figs except the exact ones I want.
    madforLEGOPitfall69Sethro3SumoLego
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    The only problem I have with being too easy to feel for, is they will be picked clean before I get to them...

But yes, that would be lovely to have them easy to feel for and in plentiful supply.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,282
    I hope they even out the figures in a case.  Bothers me when they arbitrarily create a shortage.
    Sethro3LordofLego
    Sethro3 said:
    The only problem I have with being too easy to feel for, is they will be picked clean before I get to them...

But yes, that would be lovely to have them easy to feel for and in plentiful supply.
    I have never seen anything picked clean myself, unless you're talking about trying to get multiples.  Even as recently as last week I saw a batch of S13's and found a Hot Dog Guy (the most sought after and easy to find in that series) right away.

Plus, now that they (hopefully permanently) stopped with the ridiculous "2 per case" rarity level figs, that will definitely help people to find the fig they want actually in stock.
    pharmjodSethro3VorpalRyu
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,167
    SumoLego said:
    I hope they even out the figures in a case.  Bothers me when they arbitrarily create a shortage.

They will not, they have rarity, which I find a bit annoying when usually the sought after figures (before release and knowing what the rarity is) turn out to be rares designated by LEGO. The problem with LEGO (besides the Rarity IMO) is that they usually make most of the female figures rare or uncommon. This tends to make more of cherry picking the boxes at stores for the rares and leaving the rest, which is a bit annoying IMO, especially when figures are now 3.99 USD per pack. My guess is the spirits are rare along with the Zombie businessman and cheerleader, the Zombie pirate will likely be uncommon or even common.

SumoLego
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    I predict Tiger Girl, Fly and maybe the banshee or plant guy are 3 to a case. Just a guess though.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,282
    If I had to choose, make the Frankenstein more rare, because they have four variations already.
    VorpalRyuThanos75pharmjod
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 845
    I want an entire box so I could pick out an entire set to decorate my Haunted House, then pick out any extras that would be useful in MOC's, then sell the rest.

Problems:
    1. Can't afford an entire box
    2. No idea how to sell unwanted figures

Solution:
    1. Give up and cry
    2. Remember that I'm not supposed to buy Lego at the moment anyway
    3. Cry some more
    Coolguy5000Toc13BOBJACK_JACKBOBbobabricks
  • LordofLegoLordofLego Member Posts: 311
    SumoLego said:
    "Hey, Georg? You know what's a good idea? I don't want as many people to have this minifigure, so let's pack only one per box!" "Oh, yah, good idea, Alf! We should put fifteen of this one in. I like him."
    SumoLego
  • LordofLegoLordofLego Member Posts: 311

Jern92 said:
    I want an entire box so I could pick out an entire set to decorate my Haunted House, then pick out any extras that would be useful in MOC's, then sell the rest.

Problems:
    1. Can't afford an entire box
    2. No idea how to sell unwanted figures

Solution:
    1. Give up and cry
    2. Remember that I'm not supposed to buy Lego at the moment anyway
    3. Cry some more
    Sell unwanted minifigures on Bricklink or eBay, or you could try selling them on the forum.
  • GrogallGrogall Munich, GermanyMember Posts: 159
    The series 14 Collectible Minifigures will be available on the 17th. in German brand store as well as shop at home, usually this should mean that they will be available throughout Europe. So less then a fortnight....

B)  
    roxioLostInTranslationTheLoneTensorLego_StarRonyartamamahmdannyrwwbobabricks
    +1 for using the word fortnight :)
    dannyrwwSumoLegoandhebobabricks
  • HokieJoe99HokieJoe99 Member Posts: 351
    Actually standard scoring dictates:

+14 for using the word fortnight. 
    SumoLegopharmjodbobabricks
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    Do you guys not use "fortnight" in the States? It's very commonly used here in the UK.  
    plasmodiumGreenArrow57
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,616
    I never even heard my grandparents use the word fortnight. But I'll bet you've never heard the phrase "pell mell". 
    pharmjod
    Yup I think so.  I think it means to dash about in a haphazard, uncontrolled way.  Kind of like "harum scarum"  :-) 
    oldtodd33
    I'm sure I read it in a Famous Five book.  
    ShibPeteM
    Interesting, I only know one other person who knows it and he's from the same area of the U.S. that I am.
  • chuxtoyboxchuxtoybox Member Posts: 711
    I'm sure I read it in a Famous Five book.  
    Always something new to Google here on Brickset forum. Had to look up the definition of fortnight and who the Famous Five was. According to Wickipedia, the Famous Five books  are one of the biggest selling series for children ever written and there are 21 novels. I have never heard of them despite them being so popular.
  • bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
    That's because the famous five are quintessentially British. I was surprised that Americans do not use the term fortnight though as it is quite common in the UK. I have never herd the term pell mell but will try and use that today as I kinda quite like the words. 
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,942
    Americans don't say fortnight? How do you say "two weeks"? :-O
    pharmjod
    edited August 2015
    Yes I'm not surprised you aren't familiar with the Famous Five books. They are so very British. They are pretty old now but have a great innocent charm, full of implausible adventures and lashings of ginger beer.  

I was trying to think of an equivalent,  like you guys have Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys who solve mysteries but actually the closest analogy is maybe The Scooby Gang! In the Famous Five books there is always a rational explanation for the mysteries,  never a supernatural one.  No monsters.  Which kind of brings me back on topic  :)

bendybadgerandheJern92GreenArrow57messy
    Americans utilize very simplistic diction that is straight forward and easily perceived. Those who are actually blessed with literary skills stand out and make those who do not have good diction look somewhat silly. Then the dumb one turns John Wayne cowboy on you and there you go all Americans are gun slinging imbeciles. Lol that last part was just for fun. My friend from Australia came to Florida last month and the first thing he said was 'I thought there would be more cowboy hats.'
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,318
    @BACbrix, stereo-types, fun stuff... I am not saying all Americans, but many of them over the years, on sites like Chat City, Yahoo Chat, etc, seemed to believe some seriously messed up stuff: We had like two cities full-stop (Sydney & Melbourne), everything else was country towns just like in Crocodile Dundee. We ride Kangaroos everywhere, no cars, no buses... The amount of times I got called a liar & told I wasn't in Australia, because there's only two cities in Australia & neither are called Adelaide.
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 993
    Ignore @VorpalRyu and his city envy (Adelaide IS a country town)...
    edited August 2015
    ^ should have included a winky emoticon there - I Actually love Adelaide - always thought it was the cleanest city in Australia . BTW - Blown away that Americans don't use fortnight...
    VorpalRyu
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,318
    @MAGNINOMINISUMBRA, which is your poison XXXX, VB or Tooheys? Cause the real beer is made in Adelaide, its called Coopers, just ask Pink or Dave Grohl...
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    There are more than 2 cities in Australia? Man, learn something new every day.
    VorpalRyuGothamConstructionCo
  • deephorsedeephorse West Yorkshire, U.K.Member Posts: 83
    oldtodd33 said:
    I never even heard my grandparents use the word fortnight. But I'll bet you've never heard the phrase "pell mell". 
    I'm familiar with that term.  I think it was quite commonly used in my childhood, but it's not a phrase I've heard recently.
    I always assumed it was a mid-western U.S. phrase, I wonder where it came from then. 
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,552
    I'm french and I know "fortnight"
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,979
    Two weeks.
    ;-) 

• plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,942
    tamamahm said:
    Two weeks.
    ;-) 

I was waiting for that. ;-)

deephorse said:
    oldtodd33 said:
    I'm familiar with that term.  I think it was quite commonly used in my childhood, but it's not a phrase I've heard recently.
    Same here, but I would say my grandparents generation would be much more likely to use it.
  • chuxtoyboxchuxtoybox Member Posts: 711
    I'm sure everyone will be running around willy- nilly for CMF series 14!
    LostInTranslation
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,574
    ^ Or like headless chickens.... to add a bit of ghoulishness to the monster cmf's.
    LukeSkywalker
    They should have done a zombie waiter with head on a platter he is holding.
    @VorpalRyu - technically I should be answering XXXX (dead giveaway of my location) but let's face it - they only call it that because they're not allowed to print SH#T on the bottle! Don't actually drink beer anymore - much more partial to a nice Scotch...
    And (dragging the thread back on topic), with less than a month to general release - shouldn't we have seen a Whitefang review by now? I'm really intrigued to see the case counts on this series...