Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Comments

• BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Interesting list of names. From there I translated the German and found a few curious ones:

Architecture - New York City, Burj Khalifa
    Speed Champions - It's going Audi and American this time with Mustang GT, Corvette Z06, Camaro, Ford Raptor, Audi R8, Audi R18 e-tron
    Technic - Police Interceptor
    Friends - Heartlake Cupcake Cafe, Supermarket
    Disney Princess - Looks like 3 Frozen sets
    Juniors - Ironman vs. Loki
    SW Microfighter - TIE Advanced, Wookie Gunship, Ghost, AT-DP
    SW - Obi-wan Starfighter, Droid Escape Pod, Hoth Attack, Carbon Freezing Chamber, Kanaan Speeder Bike
    Superheroes - Avengers Space Mission, Submarine Attack of Iron Skull, 3 Civil War sets, 5 Avengers sets, 3 Batman sets
    preverejuggles7RonyarPitfall69hkcrazy88TheBigLegoskiAdzbadboy
  • BACbrixBACbrix AmericaMember Posts: 655
    Burk Khalifa has already been done... wth
    bobabricks
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,641
    oh wow. I will be getting all the speed champions sets for sure. Was thinking of MOCing a Ford Raptor but will just wait for this one.
  • HokieJoe99HokieJoe99 Member Posts: 348
    Hoth Attack?  Sounds like another snowspeeder in our future. Carbon freezing chamber sounds promising though. 
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,546
    Do'h, still no Sandcrawler microfighter. I want to race micro-sandcrawlers across my desk and over ravines dukes of hazard stylee...

VorpalRyuHangedSanchezbobabricksTheBigLegoskiBombTec
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,546
    *hazzard
    andheSumoLego
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,225
    edited August 2015
    ^^ Might give a Sandcrawler Microfighter a go. If I do, I'll try to make it possible to build with existing parts. :) Love the DoH reference at the end of the clip.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,500
    Some other things I picked out:

Looks like "Nexo Knights" is the next Lego in house theme to be released.  With one set being titled Robo-Pferd  (robo horse)  I'm going to take a guess that this is historical meets technology or maybe steam punk.  Not for me probably.  

Also Architecture sets for Venice and Berlin 

Elves is getting another wave,  hurray! With lots of dragons! ;
    Lego Elves 41176 - Der geheime Marktplatz, (The Secret Marketplace) EUR 59,99
    Lego Elves 41174 - Gasthaus "Zum Sternenlicht", (Starlight Guesthouse)  EUR 29,99
    Lego Elves 41172 - Abenteuer mit dem Wasserdrachen (Adventure with the water dragon) , EUR 24,99
    Elves 41175 - Lavahöhle des Feuerdrachens (lava cave of the fire dragon.), EUR 39,99
    Lego Elves 41173 - Drachenschule von Elvendale (Elvendale dragon school) 
    Lego Elves 41171 - Emily Jones und das Winddrachen-Baby,(Emily Jones and the wind dragon baby)  EUR 9,99

There are a few Princess sets where I don't recognise  the names of the main characters:
    Lego Disney Princess 41141 - Ballerines Königskutsche (Ballerines royal carriage) , EUR 9,99
    Lego Disney Princess 41142 - Königliches Schloss der Palasttiere (Royal castle of the palace animals?  Don't get this one) , EUR 19,99
    Lego Disney Princess 41069 - Korallinas Tag am Pool (Korallina's  day at the pool)  EUR 7,99
    Lego Disney Princess 41140 - Daisys Schönheitssalon (Daisys beauty salon) , EUR 9,99

Friends also has a pop star villa  and some sort of adventure camp with archery and rafting.  
    Shibhkcrazy88
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,105
    edited August 2015
    @LostInTranslation - Any idea if those Princesses ones that we know by a different name or are they some Sophia the First type characters?

Also, excited to see what the Dragon connection is for the Elves sets...I'm hoping for some dragons bigger than the little one included with the sleigh, but wouldn't mind if it's recolours of that in all honesty. Brick built dragons for the Elves to ride would be amazing thought

I think the Water and Fire dragons will be bigger as the one in the sleigh was a baby,  like I imagine the Wind one in the small set will be.  

I'll investigate the Princess names! 

Article on the main page now seems to that Ballerine is Belle (which was what came to mind

Interesting to see some of the Juniors set names too...yet another seems that line is getting a carriage for cinderella too - that means one for Duplo, one for Disney Princesses and one for Juniors...bit lazy but hey ho.
    Also I really doubt it would be but, The Lost Temple (10725)  in the Juniors line sounds Indianna Jones is - I suspect it'll be something more like Ninjago but IJ was first thing to come to mind when I read it.
    edited August 2015
    OK so my research indicates these names are those of the animals from the subtheme  of Princess, Palace Pets. 

Daisy is a puppy belonging to Rapunzel 
    Korallina seems to be the German name for Ariel's kitten Treasure. (great more Ariel) 
    and I think Ballerine is the name for Cinderella's puppy Pumpkin.  

If so,  I'm very disappointed not to see a new Princess  character like Belle or Snow White. Though perhaps the castle set may include a new figure.  

Shibandhe
    Ah, now you say that I do remember seeing a Disney Princesses Pets line in the Disney shop and reading that it's like a Subtheme of the Disney Princesses franchise...bit of a copout when there's still a lot of the princesses not done yet.

andheLostInTranslation
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,414
    Like the American cars in Speed Champions, but we need some MOPAR. Hopefully the fire engine is an engine and not a truck. We just got a fire starter set in 2015, would LEGO have two sets out with the same name at the same time?
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,281
    I wonder what the Architecture sets will be?  

Venice could be a number of things:
    Basilica di San Marco would be pretty complex, and the price looked too cheap for that.  Could just be the clock tower I suppose.
    The Doges palace would be a bit dull...
    I'm hoping for the Rialto Bridge.

Berlin will probably be the Berlin Wall.  You just get pile of bricks to scatter on the floor, and a minifig of David Hasselhoff to stand on top.
    VorpalRyuiamterryHangedSanchezricecakeGothamConstructionCohkcrazy88SumoLego

Having been to Venice quite a while ago this was the first thing to come to my mind.
    HangedSanchez
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,225
    Two points for the David Hasselhoff mention & double it for tying in Germany... :wink:
    SumoLegodougtsbobabricksSirBen
  • TarDomoTarDomo FinlandMember Posts: 515
    Droid escape pod, eh? Too soon in my opinion. Carbon freezing chamber, okay... but why not the whole Cloud City?
    bobabricks
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,687
    The whole list makes a fairly interesting read, but I'm guessing 'Nexo Knights' is the space/castle theme that's been rumoured for a while.

By the sounds of the set names they have a game element similar to the Ninjago spinners or the Chima rip-cord thingies.

The 'ultimate [insert cool name]' makes me think of the Chima and superhero ultimate builds (the 'constraction' figures) which brings back awful memories of Knights Kingdom, but I may be wrong.

And how does Ariel have a Kitten without drowning it. MORAL OUTRAGE!
    andhe said:

She gets turned human...that's like the whole plot of the film/fairytale...
    andheGalactus
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,687
    Shib said:
    andhe said:

She gets turned human...that's like the whole plot of the film/fairytale...

But that's the most boring bit... and the previous set was her underwater which makes for a far more recognisable environment rather than another generic girly castle.

(Also... SPOILER ALERT she kills herself in the actual fairytale, rather than kill her beloved which would allow her to return to the sea as a mermaid, but that probably wouldn't meet TLG's set guidelines).
    Jern92
    There's been 3 Ariel sets so far, two mermaid ones and one human.
  • HangedSanchezHangedSanchez United KingdomMember Posts: 310
    I wonder what the Architecture sets will be?  

Basilica di San Marco would be pretty complex, and the price looked too cheap for that.  Could just be the clock tower I suppose.
    The Doges palace would be a bit dull...

Berlin will probably be the Berlin Wall.  You just get pile of bricks to scatter on the floor, and a minifig of David Hasselhoff to stand on top.

I thought the Rialto bridge as well.
    Berlin I think will be eith the Victory Column or the Reichstag.
    New York maybe the Chrysler Building. Outside chance of the Statue of Liberty.

4 Architecture sets is a good thing though!
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,281
    Indeed.
    I wish they'd hurry up and release the Louvre though!
    red237
  • HangedSanchezHangedSanchez United KingdomMember Posts: 310
    There's no rush. I have so many other sets waiting to be built...
  • Lego_Lord_MayorcaLego_Lord_Mayorca H-Town, USAMember Posts: 499
    What's the deal with the BIONICLE sets? That list must be incomplete, or else why are Kopaka and Onua missing from the line-up of "Unifiers"?

"Nexo Knights" is probably another Ninjago-type theme, but with a western European medieval design aesthetic instead of an East Asian one. Oh well.

Hopefully these Star Wars sets really knock it out of the park! I'm looking at you, Carbon Freeze Chamber!
    juggles7
  • eggsheneggshen Middleton, WIMember Posts: 519
    andhe said:

It's a catfish?

I hope the "Ultimates" from the Nexo Knights are cool toys, not constraction. The toys usually have a few unique minifigures. Can't wait to see pics. 
    andhematticus_bricksJern92
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,712
    Iron Skull is the most interesting thing on that list...

A return of Hugo Weaving to the MCU would be great!  (Or it just could be a comic book related set and not related to Captain America: Civil War.)
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,788
    What's the deal with the BIONICLE sets? That list must be incomplete, or else why are Kopaka and Onua missing from the line-up of "Unifiers"?
    Onua was listed on Amazon.de when I checked (set number 71309). Kopaka wasn't, but he WAS on an earlier list of rumors. He's not in numerical sequence with the other Toa, so he might be in a different type of set. Maybe a vehicle set or a co-pack with another character or creature. There hasn't been an ice creature on any rumored lists so far, so maybe Kopaka will be packaged with the ice creature?

I wonder what the creatures will be. New enemies for the Toa? Or friendly animal companions? Either way I imagine they'll be taking over the $10 price point from the Protectors.

Elves sets sound fantastic, and I'm intrigued by the new Ninjago sets (Airships)! Nexo Knights sound like a lot of fun but between Ninjago, Elves, and Bionicle I don't know if I'll have the budget to commit to another theme. A "big bang" theme like Nexo Knights might be just what it takes to breathe new life into the Castle category.
  • koozkooz Connecticut, USAMember Posts: 158
    Can we close the Chima coffin now?
    Rolyat24SumoLego
  • Kevin_HyattKevin_Hyatt UKMember Posts: 778
    Another Droid Escape pod?
  • LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 254
    The Nexo Knights sound great (steampunk plus Fantasy), Marvel sounds cool (Iron Skull sub sound like a great Mobil base for my Cabal (Palpatine, Ronnan, Ultron, Saruman, Lord Business, etc.), the SW line sounds great (lots of Empire Battle packs to reinforce Order on my Legos, and maybe two Rebel Battle Packs (that's assuming they are not Lego Dimenssions packs). Time to start saving.
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,938

If so,  I'm very disappointed not to see a new Princess  character like Belle or Snow White. Though perhaps the castle set may include a new figure.  

My bet... the live action Belle movie comes out in 2017. I could easily see Lego/Disney putting out a Belle set or two  January of 2017. At least we should have Kristoff. I would assume Sven.

I'm excited about the new Elves sets. It sounds like some great new sets.
    hkcrazy88
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,280
    Oh, pages are gone. Looks like they saw what I was doing!  :)
  • GeddesGeddes Member Posts: 574
    Iron skull is a reference to avengers assemble kids show, the submarine was the base for his anti avenger team. Iron skull, modok, Dracula etc
    Lordmoral
  • LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 254
    Geddes said:
    Iron skull is a reference to avengers assemble kids show, the submarine was the base for his anti avenger team. Iron skull, modok, Dracula etc
    And if it is big enough (like the ISD it will hold my Cabal (Skull, Ronnan, Palpatine, Sauron (when he gets made), and a few more suprises).
  • leetshoeleetshoe USAMember Posts: 252
    l'm glad for more microfighters
    juggles7Kevin_Hyatt
    kooz said:
    Yes, I think it's that huge Lego Magazine big-box giveaway...

http://www.lego.com/en-us/club/member/articles/details/big-box-7236b561c3b6458b9b1afe9ee4cd547a

Andor
  • thedingman5thedingman5 Great Lakes, USAMember Posts: 237
    Holy Mackerel, Eurobricks has initial descriptions and doodles (yep, doodles) of the Nexo Knights theme.  Wow.  Wow.  Wow.
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,836
    SumoLego said:
    kooz said:
    Yes, I think it's that huge Lego Magazine big-box giveaway...

http://www.lego.com/en-us/club/member/articles/details/big-box-7236b561c3b6458b9b1afe9ee4cd547a

Wow! Wouldn't this technically be the largest Lego set now? Also the first to get over 10000 pieces.

...step aside Taj Mahal. ;P
  • PmhPmh netherlandsMember Posts: 124

Architecture - New York City,

Very excited  about this one.

Hope they make a skyline set,in the style of the mini modulars

prevere
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 799
    edited September 2015
    New Knights Nexo info seems to start about here:
    http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=105102&st=2550

...it doesn't seem to incorporate steam punk at all.  I find it hard to believe that they phone in the designs for Pirates and the last Castle releases for this.  All I can hope for is this to crash and burn.
  • eggsheneggshen Middleton, WIMember Posts: 519
    I've been watching that Eurobricks thread for a while now, Nexo Knights to me sounds really fun. 

This is coming from a person that was an avid Masters of the Universe fan as a kid, as well as being heavily influenced by Thundarr the Barbarian. 

I think Nexo Knights is going to be very awesome. Definitely not going to have universal appeal though.
  • RonyarRonyar Member Posts: 357
    Even the drawings were taken down.   Seems like a pretty fine line there on what is allowable. 
  • RonyarRonyar Member Posts: 357
    The Brick Fan does still have the sketches.   Not sold on the concept, but I think my kids will like them, which is the point really. 
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 994
    oh plz...  dont let nexo knights be some bullshit techno-oldschool crossover with pink green and yellow!!!
    steampunk is more like copper and wood!  so:  dark grey, grey, brown, copper, gold and silver.  plz no neon bullshit!
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    I was pretty sure I wouldn't be interested in Nexo Knights as soon as the name was revealed. I'm even more sure now, though I'll wait to see actual set images before making a final decision, of course.

At least the 2016 Elves sets are promising. I wish they had done something less clichéd than dragons, but the buildings as described sound great. An inn and a market? Yes, please.

I really wish LEGO weren't so reliant on vehicles for "boys" themes. My soon-to-be-five son likes vehicles and has a lot of them, but tends to lose interest in them quickly. Buildings or environments for characters get more concentrated and long-term play. The crook's hideout from #60048, the Elves bakery, and my Parisian Restaurant all get way more use than any of the vehicles he has.
    Who doesn't love dragons? 
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    brumey said:
    oh plz...  dont let nexo knights be some bullshit techno-oldschool crossover with pink green and yellow!!!
    steampunk is more like copper and wood!  so:  dark grey, grey, brown, copper, gold and silver.  plz no neon bullshit!
    It's not steampunk at all and I don't know why people expected it to be. It appears to be a Chima/Ninjago-like action theme. The "good guy" color scheme seems to be blue, gray, and trans-fluorescent red-orange (e.g. the Palantir in the LOTR set, I believe), while the "bad guys" look to have a harlequin/jester scheme going on with black and red.
    BumblepantsAanchir