Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The Brickset Graphic Design Guild - Share Your LEGO Graphic Designs Here!

AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,625
edited March 2015 in Everything else LEGO
I would like to introduce 'The Brickset Graphic Design Guild.' We have MOC thread on this forum but I thought why not photography and graphic design? This thread will allow Brickset members to share and showcase their LEGO related graphic design here, whether it be minifigure concept designs, scenarios or anything else you fancy.

Today I will start this thread with my newest graphic:

Image of Self - LEGO Mosaic

Image of Self - LEGO Mosaic

This is one of the first few graphics I have made in Photoshop. The task was to turn a photograph of myself into a graphic image.

If you like this, can find all my other LEGO graphic design work here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157651071404235

I look forward to seeing plenty of impressive graphic design work!

Adeel
ChrisbstmBrickDancerkhmellymelKevin_Hyattkiki180703catwranglerGothamConstructionCo

Comments

• AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,625
    LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Sith Lightsaber Hilt

LEGO Star Wars The Force Awakens - Sith Lightsaber Hilt

Happy Star Wars Celebration Day!

Element Name: Light Sword Shaft W. Cored Knob

My goal with this was to design the new lightsaber hilt for the Sith in ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens.’ The challenge I had to face was making use of existing elements such as the ‘Light Sword Blade’ and ‘Shaft 3M Ø3.2.’

This design is basically a mash up between the very classic ‘Light Sword Shaft’ and ‘Ø3.2 Shaft W. Cored Knob.’ I had to make the shaft hollow to allow the ‘Shaft 3M Ø3.2.’ otherwise a new piece would have to be designed.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,043
    I'm not sure that would work. By the time you put the blade through the cross piece, there is not much depth (and hence clutch) for the main blade. When they make this part officially, they will probably extend the top section slightly to improve the clutch.
  • Kevin_HyattKevin_Hyatt UKMember Posts: 778
    Adeel, there seem to be too many types of brown on your hair. Did you use unofficial colours or layer trans elements to obtain them?

BTW, really nice mosaic!
    CCC said:
    I'm not sure that would work. By the time you put the blade through the cross piece, there is not much depth (and hence clutch) for the main blade. When they make this part officially, they will probably extend the top section slightly to improve the clutch.
    Actually I had an idea of making small bumps on the inside of the hollow area so keep it secured in, I think it also needs to be thicker because it might break. You right the lightsaber pieces need more depth for the main area for the the 'Light Sword Blade’

Adeel, there seem to be too many types of brown on your hair. Did you use unofficial colours or layer trans elements to obtain them?

BTW, really nice mosaic!
    This is done on Photoshop which has been filtered using the original photograph. No official parts were used.
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,839
    CCC said:
    Or they will use their wonderful multi-color molds and just fuse the red fire into the hilt.
    Ferrari F40 - Advertisements

Ferrari F40 - Advertisement 1

Ferrari F40 - Advertisement 2
    GothamConstructionCoplasmodiumkiki180703SirBencatwranglertallblocktoo
    Finn Vs. Kylo Ren

Finn Vs Kylo Ren
    kiki180703
    LEGO Deadpool (2016) Poster - Penciling

LEGO Deadpool 2016 Poster - Penciling