Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO Ideas WALL-E

Comments

• SuperTrampSuperTramp City 17Member Posts: 1,021
    I think this might be my favorite ideas set to date.

Cant wait.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    YES! Fantastic. 
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,431
    damn that is good...
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,979
    I do like Wall-E...
    LegoKipbobabricks
  • prleeprlee UKMember Posts: 163
    Wow
  • khopewosinkhopewosin Member Posts: 98
    I like!!
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 867
    How many pieces?
  • DawnDawn GoldMember Posts: 247
    Two words: Fan Tastic!
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 845
    So cute!
  • vadangvadang Member Posts: 47
    Like it alot.  Will probably get a few copies for me and the kids.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    This is a Day 1 purchase for me, can't wait to build it while the movie is playing in the background. Any ideas on pricing or piece count?
  • alijoezacalijoezac UK, NottinghamMember Posts: 534
    Wonderful!
    If the euro price is correct in the link I'm expecting around 500-600 pieces and $55-$65 give or take.
  • koozkooz Connecticut, USAMember Posts: 158
    So much better than the marble maze they just approved.  :)
  • t-brickt-brick GermanyMember Posts: 2
    This WALL-E looks very good and seems to have a lot of movable parts, too.
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,942
    Nice. Are the eyes stickered/printed or is that just the light/reflection? It's been forever since I saw the movie, so I can't remember what his eyes are supposed to look like.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    Eyes in the movie are just glass lenses.  Looks to me like they are a stickered/printed 2x2 round tile.
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 599
    Cannot Wait!!
  • JawascrumpJawascrump Member Posts: 112
    Fantastic! The most exciting new set I've been aware of for some time. Well done Lego!!!
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 640
    i have to get this if between 50-60
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,922
    graphite said:
    Eyes in the movie are just glass lenses.  Looks to me like they are a stickered/printed 2x2 round tile.
    Looks to me like they're "boat studs". Nesting a 2x2 tile inside a 3x3 parabolic dish like that would not really be possible with any techniques I know. Boat studs would explain the "shine" on them. (printed boat studs exist, but if the "shine" were printed I'd expect it to have crisper edges).

• CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,328
    It looks absolutely perfect to me and I can ask for no more than that. This is easily my favourite LEGO Ideas set to date.
    pharmjodAdeelZubairdougts
    I can only hope this set leads to a further collaboration between Disney and LEGO to develop some high quality sets based on some of their other properties. I realize that this source material lends itself particularly well to the brick, but I have to think other really nice sets are possible.
    AdeelZubair
    Aanchir said:
    graphite said:
    Looks to me like they're "boat studs". Nesting a 2x2 tile inside a 3x3 parabolic dish like that would not really be possible with any techniques I know. Boat studs would explain the "shine" on them. (printed boat studs exist, but if the "shine" were printed I'd expect it to have crisper edges).

You're probably right.  After I posted I realized the mounting probably wouldn't work but forgot about boat studs.  The reflection looks off to me though but it may be that it is rendered.
  • bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
    This looks superb and a must have purchase for me.  Nice display piece.  Must get roudn to watching the film at some point as well.
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,697
    DAY ONE!
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    edited June 2015
    This is the only set I've been really looking forward to this year. I'm extremely pleased to see it exceeds my expectations. I very rarely make "day one" purchases but I'll be making an exception for this.

graphite said:
    You're probably right.  After I posted I realized the mounting probably wouldn't work but forgot about boat studs.  The reflection looks off to me though but it may be that it is rendered.
    I don't think the boat studs are printed. If you look at the image that shows the side of the box, the reflections look different. If there is indeed no printing, this means the model is likely to look less "cute" in the flesh because the specular highlights on the "eyes" won't be as big (or singular) with a typical light source. The reflections in the images suggest a softbox (a large, diffused light source in the shape of a rectangle) very close to the model, whether it's a real photo or rendering.
  • VortexVortex Pakistan/USMember Posts: 342
    Blown away !! not just the best ideas set pushing Ecto to spot 2, but I tell you what ,for me this it , the set of the year. This years giants , Ferris Wheel or Slave 1 , especially the wheel , but this lil wonder will be pick of the year. One for the office and one for home .

Smitten!
    bobabricks
    Now to plan on how we can and if possible ,give it the double up or tripple up treatment.
    And .... YES WE ARE A CULT ...aNd we be all mad... And we know it :)
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,318
    edited June 2015
    3x3 dish, 1x1 round plate, 2x2 round slider, if I'm right, painful set-up. The 'reflections' are at same/very similar angles, so taking into account difference in placement of eyes, I'd say not printed, actual reflection.
    xiahna
    edited June 2015
    I have not seen a single complaint about this set! I like set, it's so adorable just like the R2-D2 set on a smaller scale. On Smyths it says £39.99 RRP and I'm happy with that. Hopefully it has some play features. The comparison between the movie and this is very similar besides the LEGO one not being rust and dirty. I still have not seen the movie, I defiantly will try and grab the Blu-Ray or something. It seems wrong to get it and not watch or own the film :)
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    Not knocking it as it looks like a really nice but I can't see why they haven't made his 'neck' yellow like it is in the movie?  Can't see anything in there that would not be available in yellow...
    Not knocking it as it looks like a really nice but I can't see why they haven't made his 'neck' yellow like it is in the movie?  Can't see anything in there that would not be available in yellow...
    I think that could just be because it's always covered in a shadow or the model could be plain if it was mostly yellow; sometimes the designer has a creative licence. 
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    Adzbadboy said:
    I think that could just be because it's always covered in a shadow or the model could be plain if it was mostly yellow; sometimes the designer has a creative licence. 
    Agreed, but I would actually have thought it would create a nice contrast from the grey of the eyes and the grey plates at the top of the body.  Not a biggie, as I say it looks like they are fairly standard parts so you could always replace them.
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,292
    I'm not much of a fan of the movie but I think this is a really good model.  He's so cute! :)
    Pitfall69SumoLegoAdeelZubair
  • hkcrazy88hkcrazy88 USA/ItalyMember Posts: 163
    I am just over the moon about this set! Will definitely be one I buy on release day, which I don't usually do! One of my all time favorite Disney movies, and now favorite Lego set! :D
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,444
    Great set, but the theme does not appeal to me. The build looks fantastic.
    xiahnahewman
  • DevastatorDevastator Member Posts: 66
    Good stuff, goes in the must buy list. Although I understand the piece count / price point, I would of loved to see a 2000+ piece UCS version.
  • xiahnaxiahna Member Posts: 156
    Yeah, two words. Getting it.
    VorpalRyu
  • WatfordScottyMWatfordScottyM Member Posts: 455
    Anyone seen this?

WALL-E Logo

Another stunning representation of the cute little guy.  I think I need this in my life too!
    AdeelZubairiamterryBrickDancerhkcrazy88GoldchainspreverechuckpRevBluesAmanda1983
  • LordofLegoLordofLego Member Posts: 311
    Finally a set that I can obsess over AND actually get! Fantastic! I need one. 

• B0SSKB0SSK In the PubMember Posts: 175
    When will the set be released for sale in the U.K please?
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,771
    ^ Probably 2016, the speed ideas sets are coming out.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,431
    It's listed (or was) on Smyths UK site for December.
  • WatfordScottyMWatfordScottyM Member Posts: 455
    Just me or does that look a little bit fishy?  There's something about a few of the pieces that doesn't look quite right.
  • tomahawkertomahawker Member Posts: 185
    Looks like it has been taken down.
  • TXLegoguyTXLegoguy USMember Posts: 125
    New pics of Wall-e on Lego facebook. Going for sale on Sept. 1.
    bobabricksOrmskirkBrickshkcrazy88