Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Scooby Doo 2015

Comments

• 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    Mystery Machine sold out at my Lego store.
    My Target had one left on the shelf.

Will be interesting to monitor eBay and see how many people are selling them and how many are biting (and at what price).
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    edited August 2015
    Forgot about this one. The last Scooby set for 2015?

but skip this!
    http://www.amazon.com/Scooby-23210-Mystery-Machine-Building/dp/B00CBIDGR8
  • burnsiderburnsider Member Posts: 75
    LEGO store in Portland was out of Scooby in the first hour... except for the Lighthouse.  I would have gotten my Mystery Mansion if it weren't for those meddling AFOLs!  ZOINKS!
    pharmjodgmonkey76LostInTranslationCaptainClutch
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,507
    what's the problem with the lighthouse? it looks pretty good
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,329
    burnsider said:
    LEGO store in Portland was out of Scooby in the first hour... except for the Lighthouse.  I would have gotten my Mystery Mansion if it weren't for those meddling AFOLs!  ZOINKS!
    You know, you could have called them before they opened and hold them for you. I do it all the time.
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    I'm in for the entire wave. Not crazy about all the stickers and I was hoping for a little more from the mansion, but all in all I think this is a great effort from TLG. This is the first new theme I've been really excited about since Monster Fighters. Hope to see a second wave with a spooky ghost ship!
  • tratclifftratcliff Member Posts: 13
    Fauch said:
    Guessing, the Museum and Plane are under-US$20 impulse buys. Mystery Machine is a great-looking set at $30, and if you buy it and the mansion you have a complete Scooby-gang set. So the KFOLS whined their parents into the cheapest 3, and all the AFOLS bought Mystery Machine and Mansion. The Lighthouse maybe selling well, but not as well as the rest of the wave. 
  • alschuiealschuie Member Posts: 1
    just built the mystery machine, tough to get the stickers right, but looks amazing when finished. also built the lighthouse and it is a great set and I have added the cmf series 8 classic diver to finish it off.
    pharmjod
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 483
    Couple of Mystery Mansions and several Light Houses at the Lego Store in St. Louis.  No other Scooby sets, though. 

I didn't bite on any of them...
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited August 2015
    LegoTT said:
    ...I didn't bite on any of them...
    That will be welcome news for those seeking pristine boxes. ;)
    GoldchainsLegoTTgmonkey76juggles7Dedgecko
    tratcliff said:
    Fauch said:
    Guessing, the Museum and Plane are under-US$20 impulse buys. Mystery Machine is a great-looking set at $30, and if you buy it and the mansion you have a complete Scooby-gang set. So the KFOLS whined their parents into the cheapest 3, and all the AFOLS bought Mystery Machine and Mansion. The Lighthouse maybe selling well, but not as well as the rest of the wave. 
    Could also have been items to put the purchase over $75 for the pirate set
  • monkyby87monkyby87 Member Posts: 316
    tratcliff said:
    Fauch said:
    Could also have been items to put the purchase over $75 for the pirate set
    I feel this is very likely, people wanted the pirate set and what way better than a new series.  I'm not overly surprised they went out of stock so soon.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    I think the lighthouse suffers from lacking a unique hero character whilst simultaneously being a mid-priced (so not impulse buy) set.

If what appears to be a duplicate of the mansion Daphne was instead substituted with a Velma-missing-her-glasses-and-struggling-to-see-alt.face, that alone would be the Velma fig we'd all want. Plus it could then be further incorporated into a much stronger story arc for the set, with some typically comedic cartoony play features.

e.g. Velma enters the building, finds an important clue, but BUMP to the head, her glasses fall off (a 1x2 printed tile)... now she blindly walks into and unwittingly avoids a series of hazards, bad guys in hot pursuit falling foul of them, all the while shaggy and scooby frantically race around the island in the boat/skis, trying to warn her/ready to catch her/fearful of the bad guys in pursuit about to grab her.

For example: Having lost her specs, she ducks the attacks only to unwittingly step out of the upper-story doorway (the first bad guy lunges and falls into the slippery rock pool below as Velma suddenly swings to the side and out along a tiny rotten lean-to boathouse rooftop (a minor change to the build)... more screams from below as shaggy and scoob shout and wail at the other pursuing bad guy... luckily Velma misses the rotten roof-boards (the other bad guy falls through and into the locked shed)... while she steps onto a small pulley which gently lowers her to the ground... but now heading dangerously straight toward and off the jetty and into the sea... Thankfully Shaggy arrives just in time with the boat as she steps off. 

Now it's off to find her dropped glasses, so she can finally foil the bad guys plans with her clue-solving smarts (the bad guys locked in a shed or stuck at the bottom of the slippery rock pool). Velma has no idea what happened, assumes all the wailing was Shaggy and Scooby fighting off the villains and capturing them, they happily take the plaudits in the form of scooby snacks, though really having done little besides frantically wailing and flailing at velma's predicaments. Oooby-Roooby-Roo!

Kinda' thing.
    sklambricecakebluedragonLego_StarsnowhitieAdeelZubair
  • legogrrl4legogrrl4 Member Posts: 42
    Does anyone think that there will be a polybag available with this theme?
    legogrrl4 said:
    Does anyone think that there will be a polybag available with this theme?
    Not sure.

Look at the other recent Licensed products of that scale: Simpsons. Other than CMFs, no polybag yet has been released.

Star Wars is a different beast entirely. Marvel/DC Super Heroes have much more in their stock.

I can't also think Lego will make more than a second series of Scooby Doo. I really strain to think of novel sets that could prolong the series.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,467
    I want a Harlem Globetrotters set...
    pharmjodmatticus_brickssonsofscevagmonkey76prevere
  • bulbathorbulbathor UKMember Posts: 47
    I can't also think Lego will make more than a second series of Scooby Doo. I really strain to think of novel sets that could prolong the series.
    The deal with WB includes a TV special and direct-to-DVD films, so any future sets I assume would stem from these. It sounds from the original press release they're in for a while (the films are due out "in the coming years").

As for the polybag I'm hoping there will be one with the Lego Scooby-Doo computer game. By which I mean I hope there's a Lego Scooby-Doo computer game.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,358
    I hadn't considered a Lego Scooby Doo game, but assuming that all the attention doesn't now just get focused on Dimensions games and tie ins then a Lego Scooby Doo game seems very likely.
  • BACbrixBACbrix AmericaMember Posts: 655
    I could see a second run of Scooby Doo. I am hoping for more true ti the cartoon setups. Foul Play in Funland would make a great set. Small arcade games and maybe a mirror house of some sorts or bumper car chase with an action feature with cotton candy. Then also Bedlam in Big top with Shaggy trying to tame lions. I could go on all day with ideas. I feel they could so easily do a Minifigure series with these as well but that is a but too much to ask for. I'm fanboying I'll admit. I have seen every single Scooby Doo episode at least 3 times. Mystery Incorporated was really bad so I hope they don't even touch that TV series.
    pharmjodmatticus_bricks
  • LegoMan1LegoMan1 KentMember Posts: 2
    waiting to try the scooby doo sets :)
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 542
    Scooby, Minecraft, and DC fall sets are at my WalMart and Target stores now.
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 3,035
    Ordered the DVD's of Scooby Doo Where are you series 1 and 2 to go with my recently purchased mansion and mystery machine, excited!
  • MattPetersenMattPetersen Florida, USAMember Posts: 282

Oh, I sure can! Make more sets that are centered around the show!

Give us a fun house with Charlie the Funland Robot. (from Foul Play in Funland)

Give us a Ghost Ship with Captain Red Beard and Ghost Crew. (from Go Away Ghost Ship)

Give us a mine with a mine train and the Miner Forty Niner (from Mine You Own Business).

Give us a secret passage play set (either a tub or book shelf) and two Green Ghosts (from A Night of Fright is No Delight)

Give us an abandoned airfield with the Spooky Space Kook (from Spooky Space Kook)

Give us a ski lodge, an ice cave, and Snow Mobiles with the Snow Ghost (from That's Snow Ghost)

and this is just from the first season of Scooby Doo Where Are You?

I wonder what's included in the lisence?
    Like, can we get Scooby Dumb?
    Can we get Blue Falcon and DynoMutt the Dog Wonder (since they were originally part of the Scooby Doo and DynoMutt show and crossed over quite a few times)
    The zombie from the Mystery Machine is the zombie from Which Witch is Which? I wish they would have ditched the weird tree thing and gone for the witch. The tree is non canon and the closest thing to it is when The Penguin dressed as the dryad in the batman crossover.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,358

I wonder what's included in the lisence?
    Like, can we get Scooby Dumb?
    Can we get Blue Falcon and DynoMutt the Dog Wonder (since they were originally part of the Scooby Doo and DynoMutt show and crossed over quite a few times)
    I would say that before we see any of those characters a Scrappy Doo is far more likely...

Also it's been discussed on Eurobricks that the new CMF Werewolf seems to have a new head - given that its very similar to the Monsterfighters one a leading theory as to why LEGO would go to the expense of a new mould so soon is that it might be a mask, and therefore a wave two of Scooby Doo might already be in the works with a werewolf as a villain for a set.
  • bengeebengee U.S.Member Posts: 1
    For those who might be interested, since I had some Barnes and Noble gift cards that I was waiting to use, I checked the online store and some of the sets are showing up on barnesandnoble.com

Funny, yesterday I used the search tool using the text "LEGO Scooby" and only two sets showed up: the Mummy Museum Mystery and the Haunted Lighthouse.

I left my browser open overnight, and when it refreshed today, the search now had the Mystery Mansion added to the search hits. It may be worth it to keep checking to see if the remaining sets pop up in the future.

Note that, unfortunately, the bn.com's entry for the Mummy Museum Mystery has been using the thumbnail for the Mystery Machine. I contacted the online store a few times yesterday to correct it. (Additionally, I noticed that the thumbnail shows up on banners and ads on other sites. I feel like someone could easily click on the ad, thinking they've found that bn.com has a deal on the Mystery Machine for 14.95). They emailed me and said they are working on correcting it:

• jagdjhjagdjh Member Posts: 95
    I'd love to see Scooby Doo Duplo sets too. Is there any chance of that?  It's been done with Super hero and Toy Story.  
  • tecjamtecjam Germany / SwitzerlandMember Posts: 255
    Has this entire theme now been retired?

It seems to have vanished from [email protected] in Germany. If you search for a specific Product Number you get a 'Temporarily out of stock' message, but clicking the breadcrumb for the theme brings you back to the front of the store.

That was quick and I was counting on getting a couple of sets next year! =(

Let's hope it comes back.
  • WatfordScottyMWatfordScottyM Member Posts: 445
    Same on the UK [email protected] site.  I really hope it's not gone!  :(
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 761
    edited October 2015
    I loved that theme. Right up to the point when I saw all the stickers
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    Argos still have it 
  • WatfordScottyMWatfordScottyM Member Posts: 445
    Argos still have it 
    Yep, I'm actually going to nip into Smyths tomorrow.
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,315
    The theme is no longer listed on the AU [email protected], have to use the search to find them by set number & all listed as temporarily OOS... Could this be all there will be?
    xiahna
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    That's peculiar. Maybe it is a really good seller and they didn't have enough production for this year...

As far as the theme goes, I don't really care for it, but the Mystery machine is fun and I want the entire gang. The villains are fun with the two sided heads, but I haven't went out of my way to get them.
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,507
    don't see them here either. haven't seen them in shops as well.
    that would be weird that they get discontinued after what? 2 months? Lego strategy to help resellers?
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,660
    Probably just temporarily overwhelmed with demand. No way they acquire a license for just 2 months.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    They acquired The Lone Ranger for only a few mont...oh, that's right.
    BumblepantsSumoLegobrickedin
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    Probably just temporarily overwhelmed with demand. No way they acquire a license for just 2 months.
    There is no way every set has just sold that quick 
  • leetshoeleetshoe USAMember Posts: 255
    There was a bunch at walmart and toys r us when l went. doubt it's gone
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    edited October 2015
    Well let's look at the facts. They clearly weren't invested enough to print many of the bricks, or put too much weighting in number of sets, or dimensions levels or characters. In the UK they haven't had much stock anywhere for the two sets with the team in, they didn't even sell through Amazon. And now they have removed the theme from [email protected] The only real question for me is how much the mystery machine will go up. I've already ordered my spare (I don't really do the ordering 10 copies thing.)
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Scooby Doo! 

@just2good please tell us it isn't over
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    I read some speculation over at Eurobricks that the theme is one and done.  This is mostly coming from the fact that no known 2016 sets have been discovered thus far (i.e. retailer catalog leaks).
  • leego76leego76 Chandlers FordMember Posts: 360
    Can't believe this will have sold out across Europe with all sets so close together, more likely a temporary glitch.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,467
    Fire up the black helicopters!

Town Hall! Town Hall!  Panic, panic, panic!

I would be shocked if they didn't do another run in 2016.  It would be shortsighted and give a competitor an instant boost with a license shift.

I'd put JW in the same boat.
    eggshen
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,967
    CircleK said:
    I read some speculation over at Eurobricks that the theme is one and done.  This is mostly coming from the fact that no known 2016 sets have been discovered thus far (i.e. retailer catalog leaks).

While it could be one and done, sets that leak at this time of year tend to only go out until May. The summer/early fall set 2016 sets  are generally not seen until sometime in the spring. Considering this line just came out, I do not expect any sets before May. If they are going to add more, I would not expect any until next summer.
    Bumblepants
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,433
    I built the Mystery Machine and castle and they were fun builds. Get them now while you still can!
    cristy0791
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,315
    @tamamahm, interesting point, I think there is some life in the IP & it would be good to see a smaller wave two sets that might allow those who don't have the cash for the big set to get Velma...
    Sethro3xiahna
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,660
    ^next year it will be a Scuba Velma variant.
    VorpalRyuLostInTranslationkiki180703thenosGoldchains
  • OrmskirkBricksOrmskirkBricks England, UKMember Posts: 265
    The sets still show in the search; http://search-en.lego.com/?q=scooby+doo&cc=UK but all Temp Out of Stock, no exp. ship dates.  If this is the case, I can't see lego passing up an opportunity to produce a second series, as it looks like its a sales success?
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 992
    I saw lots of people buying these sets in Smyths today. Still quite a number on the shelves. Can't believe that the line has ended - a temporary blip? Lucky for me I've already got the ones I wanted.