Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The Brickset Builders Guild - share your MOCs here!

Comments

• plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,938
    ^makes me think of the final scenes of Johnny Tremaine, which I read recently. An interesting read for an Englishman (though perhaps this should be going in the OT 'what are you reading' thread!)
    Andor
  • Vindic8edVindic8ed Member Posts: 163
    Bob123 said:
    Happy 4th of July for those who celebrate it. 
    Link to my Flickr 
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/huntererickson/18805592349/
    Those guns are cool, where are they from?
  • ZeldaTheSwordsmanZeldaTheSwordsman Member Posts: 6
    Vindic8ed said:

That's a very ice model you did.
    plasmodium
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    That's a very ice model you did.
    Icy what you did there.
    plasmodiumEluneZeldaTheSwordsmankhmellymelbinaryeyeOmastar
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,251
    @MissKittyFantastico, while I'm not a DC fan, that is an impressive effort.
    xiahna
  • ChrisbstmChrisbstm USAMember Posts: 151
    Apologies for the less than professional photography
  • crazycarlcrazycarl USAMember Posts: 392
    BLACKTRON!!!!!!!!
    Chrisbstm
  • KovJonasKovJonas SerbiaMember Posts: 36
    edited July 2015
    My newest MOC.. :smile: LEGO Double decker beach house. This is a beach hut alternative. I have built this on mecabricks.com, than rendered in blender. Hope you like it! :wink:

VorpalRyuTheLoneTensorSuperTrampElunerancorbaitsnowhitieOmastar
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Is it double decker so everyone can watch TV together at the beach and be buddies? :)
    VorpalRyuOmastarGalactusAdzbadboyThe_Mad_VulcanAndor
  • EluneElune QuébecMember Posts: 99
    Oh, nice! You should put it on Rebrickable. :)
    VorpalRyu
  • alexwilalexwil UKMember Posts: 362
    edited July 2015
    I started to build a micro scale map of westeros (game of thrones - for those that don't watch!!). Unfortunately I've had to abandon the build for various reasons. Only managed to get 1/3 of what I had planned completed.

it covers 2 48 x 48 baseplates. The foreground shows casterly Rock and the twins with the iron islands just behind that. Winterfell and castle black are at the far end and is finished off with the wall.

hope you like it!
  • alexwilalexwil UKMember Posts: 362
    Nice! I feel like you could make that into some kind of board game...
    Like I said on Flickr, awesome use of those guns. :)
    xiahna
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,226
    Damn that is so clever @vitreolum - the eye instantly goes to the clever use of the blasters for the heads but the boat is packed with clever part choices.
    Eluneklatu003Adzbadboy
    Flip. That use of the blasters is inspired. You have and amazing eye for pieces like that, @vitreolum!
    Speed Camps prototype challenge class.  Got speed champs wheels and tires on order to make 3 more.
    TarDomoChrisbstm
    edited July 2015
    Continuing to come up with yet more Microfighter designs;

Nico Okarr's Redshifter, a Kuat Drive Yards XS stock light freighter (from SW the Old Republic game).

A Bespin Motors Twin-Pod Cloud Car, piloted by Lobot.
    TarDomoModulaRAdzbadboysnowhitiexiahnadmcc0
  • ZeldaTheSwordsmanZeldaTheSwordsman Member Posts: 6
    So... much... awesome...
    I think I'm just going to delete my post with the crappy safari car, it doesn't belong in a thread like this...
    So... much... awesome...
    I think I'm just going to delete my post with the crappy safari car, it doesn't belong in a thread like this...
    Everyone has to start somewhere.  Ive been playing with lego for 27 years.  My mocs havent gotten good untill about the last 7 years.
  • chuxtoyboxchuxtoybox Member Posts: 711
    vitreolum said:
    chuxtoybox The pose is made with rubber bands, similar to this one: https://www.flickr.com/photos/vitreolum/15534432240/

Sorry I'm responding so late! That's pretty much how I was thinking of doing it. Basically like the  old  G.I. Joe action figures.   Thanks for sharing that technique! Just out of curiosity, is that an official LEGO elastic? The purist in me wants to know. :smiley: 

Plus, I hope I didn't come across like a  (BLEEP) the way I wrote that initial post.
  • chuxtoyboxchuxtoybox Member Posts: 711
    vitreolum said:
    chuxtoybox The pose is made with rubber bands, similar to this one: https://www.flickr.com/photos/vitreolum/15534432240/

Me again!  I didn't realize at first that you had sent me to YOUR  FLICKR page! Well, I'm following you now. And I already see some other techniques I'm going to have to steal from you since I just started really doing MOCs for GOH. I'll give you credit if you want me to. 
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    Yes, it's a regular lego elastic No need to give credit, just have fun. :)

Been a while since I've had a chance to build anything for goh.
    chuxtoybox
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,233
    ^ I love that!  Thanks for sharing :)
    Big_Sal
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,822
    I finished this a little while ago, but just got around to taking pictures. A little tower guarded by orcs being raided by some heroes! I took some more pictures of the details, so here's a link to the page on MOC Pages:
    http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/416816
    I like the use of those Hero Factory elements towards the top of the tower! Rare to see those used in a medieval fantasy context.

That stagnant pond also looks fantastic!
    matticus_bricksOmastar
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,368
    Here's my latest small MOC. This is based on the totally awesome Santa Barbra based detective show, Psych, just the funniest show on TV in its day. Anyway, the protagonists Shawn and Gus hang out in their beach front office, race around in Gus' ridiculous blue car and share a pineapple obsession.
    the palm tree and office construct are solid, the roofline is particularly pleasing, especially given how hard I find roofs. The figures are nice and with the obvious change of using the upcoming green torso from the Shaggie figure as a sub for the red checked shirt I have on Shawn here it is pretty good.
    i suspect I will throw this on Lego Ideas, because - why not, but hope you like it.

GothamConstructionCosnowhitiecozy
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 648
    @Aanchir Thank for your comments! Yeah, I thought those were just such unusual pieces, so I challenged myself to incorporate them. 
  • NatebwNatebw Tampa BayMember Posts: 339
    edited July 2015
    Okay, so this is silly, but I had never built with Hero Factory before.  We went to the Hero Factory room at LegoLand Florida and while my kids were making Heroes, I made this dog. 
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,822
    edited July 2015
    Natebw said:
    Okay, so this is silly, but I had never built with Hero Factory before.  We went to the Hero Factory room at LegoLand Florida and while my kids were making Heroes, I made this dog.
    Very cool for your first CCBS (Character and Creature Building System) creation! It's definitely a much different building system than classic LEGO or even typical LEGO Technic, but I find that snapping together CCBS parts can be very therapeutic, and once you have some experience there is the potential to create all kinds of different MOCs. It's clear here that you were really "thinking outside the box" in terms of building techniques.

A couple years ago I built a smaller "Hero Factory Canine Buddy", which you can see here. Most CCBS sets tend to be humanoid characters, so building non-humanoid creatures can be a fun challenge that forces you to think about the parts a bit differently than with a typical Hero Factory hero or Bionicle villager.
  • NatebwNatebw Tampa BayMember Posts: 339
    ^ Thanks. I really had no idea what I was doing. I didn't even know what a lot of the pieces were for, but we had fun. 
  • devilheaddevilhead Member Posts: 280
    Why are the pineapples hanging from the palm tree?
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,368
    ^ hauticltural licence - I just liked them there.
    2 LMPC cars for my speed champions track.
    BumblepantsChrisbstmGalactus
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,226
    devilhead said:
    Why are the pineapples hanging from the palm tree?
    I had a similar thought, had to look up images of the show to make sure it wasn't a reference to something in the show. The joy of LEGO is that there's no need for
    @monkey_roo - or anyone else for that matter - to make something scientifically accurate if they don't want ;-)
  • ZegnaZegna SingaporeMember Posts: 14

Winter church + mod Christmas train ( from LR train)

https://flic.kr/p/wiKtbq

https://flic.kr/p/wxfVDq
    klatu003rdflegoJenniGothamConstructionCoecmo47