Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Selling Star Wars Collection

hs.philihs.phili Delaware Member Posts: 15
So I'm putting myself through school and in need of extra funds to finish up my last year. As much as I don't want to I am going to have to part with my Star Wars collection 
Sealed Items
7171 Mos Espa Podrace 
4483 Imperial AT-AT 
10129 Snow Speeder
7163 Republic Gun Ship 
10134 Y-wing Attack Starfighter 
7259 ARC-170 Starfighter 
7264 Imperial Inspection
4502 X-wing Fighter 
7261 Clone Turbo Tank 

I also have a 10019 Rebel Blockade Runner that is 1/3 assembled

Please let me know if you are interested. 

Comments

• BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    *salivating over NIB old-school UCS*
  • hs.philihs.phili Delaware Member Posts: 15
    Yeah... the Snow Speeder is going to be a hard one to let go. Unfortunately it is also the only one that will potentially bring in a decent chunk of change.  :( the only offer I got so far though was for $650. That seemed to be half of what it was selling for on average. I mean I get that when you want to sell something quick you have to sell it cheaper, but 50% seems like too much of a low ball. 
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    These are not-inexpensive things.  Do you have some credentials you would like to share?
    What kind of credentials? I'm pretty new to all of this. If people lived nearby I would be happy to let them see it in person. Otherwise I'm not sure what else. If you have suggestions please let me know.
  • roxioroxio UKMember Posts: 1,334
    Selling feedback ? ebay etc ?
    TheLoneTensor
    I have never sold anything before on any kind of site  :/ The only reason I am selling these now is because I don't have enough cash to get me through my last year of school. I am not sure of another way of verifying... Maybe skype? I'm happy to do whatever needs to be done to make a buyer comfortable. 
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,086
    Do you have a Paypal account? Both the buyer and seller have a reasonable amount of protection especially if you send to a Paypal verified address. Of course they take their cut but I would not do business any other way. Good luck on both the sale and the last year of grad school! 
    I have bought things with PayPal, I am happy to set it up to sell things too  :)
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,844
    You may want to consider a consignment arrangement with someone that has excellent eBay feedback to sell the more expensive sets.

$650.00 is pretty low when at auction it is going for twice as much on the Snowspeeder.
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 981
    I'm still not entirely convinced all those $1200 plus Snowspeeder eBay sales are real - the two I've sold over the last two years have only ever got 8-9 hundred... Would be interested to hear from a seller who would verify a genuine 1200+ sale...
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,252
    I'm still not entirely convinced all those $1200 plus Snowspeeder eBay sales are real - the two I've sold over the last two years have only ever got 8-9 hundred... Would be interested to hear from a seller who would verify a genuine 1200+ sale...
    I sold mine for $1,525 in an auction on eBay in May 2015.
    SumoLego
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,086
    https://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?S=10129-1

The prices are real enough on Bricklink. 6 NIB sets sold over the last 6 months for an average of $1257.00.
  • ISDAvengerISDAvenger Member Posts: 205
    How much for the AT AT and Imperial Inspection?
  • CommanderRaabCommanderRaab Edinburgh, ScotlandMember Posts: 608
    Nice collection. The Y-Wing and Snowspeeder are 2 sets I always felt got away :( Sadly I can't afford the asking price for them now. Might try bricklink them oneday if that is possible. Good luck selling
    hs.phili said:
    So I'm putting myself through school and in need of extra funds to finish up my last year. As much as I don't want to I am going to have to part with my Star Wars collection 
    Sealed Items
    7171 Mos Espa Podrace 
    4483 Imperial AT-AT 
    10129 Snow Speeder
    7163 Republic Gun Ship 
    10134 Y-wing Attack Starfighter 
    7259 ARC-170 Starfighter 
    7264 Imperial Inspection
    4502 X-wing Fighter 
    7261 Clone Turbo Tank 

I also have a 10019 Rebel Blockade Runner that is 1/3 assembled

Please let me know if you are interested. 
    All Prices are open to negotiation. Please let me know your best offer =)
    If purchasing 2 or more sets I will include free shipping. All of the boxes are in good condition, seals intact, with slight wear around the corners unless otherwise noted.

Mos Espa Pod Race $85 (outer box has been opened but all of the interior boxes are still sealed)

Imperial AT-AT $225

Snow Speeder $1500

Republic Gun ship $300

Y-Wing $650  (has one bent corner flap)

ARC-170 $60

Imperial Inspection $250

X-wing Fighter $160

Clone Turbo Tank $200

Rebel Blockade Runner $850 (this item is opened, 1/3 assembled, all parts accounted for, has instructions and original box)

• The_WerebrickThe_Werebrick EreborMember Posts: 17
    If you at all consider lowering the price of the Clone Turbo Tank, let me know...
    If you at all consider lowering the price of the Clone Turbo Tank, let me know...
    I am taking best offers into consideration. Please feel free to message me an offer. I do need to sell these relatively quickly.
    Due to a lack of interest, and recommendations from helpful users here, I decided to list my collection on Ebay. Sorry! :/
  • B_HollsB_Holls Member Posts: 41
    Could you give a link to the eBay site 
    edited July 2015
    If you need to sell these relatively quick, then I recommend you lower your prices (except on the Y-Wing, which I've already advised you about in PM).

While you will get more on eBay, they will take some time to sell... especially, if you are making a new eBay account. People will be very suspicious of a 0 feedback seller selling multiple sealed, rare, and expensive sets. 

SumoLego
  • SuperTrampSuperTramp City 17Member Posts: 1,021
    ^No need to be though. Paypal don't even release the money to the seller unless feedback is left by the buyer.
  • infoman7infoman7 Magnolia, TX USAMember Posts: 1
    Here's a little ebay trick I learned awhile back.  Refine your search parameters to only show sold items.  Using this trick I see that two Snow Speeders recently sold for over $2,000 each.  Hope this helps.
    samiam391 said:
    If you need to sell these relatively quick, then I recommend you lower your prices (except on the Y-Wing, which I've already advised you about in PM).

While you will get more on eBay, they will take some time to sell... especially, if you are making a new eBay account. People will be very suspicious of a 0 feedback seller selling multiple sealed, rare, and expensive sets. 

I listed the y-wing like you recommended and made exactly what you told me. It sold in 24 hours for almost twice what i listed it here for! I have also had much better offers on the snow speeder than I did on here =D Thank you so much! 

SumoLegokhmellymel
    infoman7 said:
    Here's a little ebay trick I learned awhile back.  Refine your search parameters to only show sold items.  Using this trick I see that two Snow Speeders recently sold for over $2,000 each.  Hope this helps.
    I have been using this trick to determine what prices to list the items at! It seems to make the most sense! I also sometimes check other online sellers =) I don't think I'm being to unreasonable about the $1500 snowspeeder... Some of my best offers are looking pretty decent though =D

One of my best offers for the snowspeeder is already above that amount =)
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,146
    I'm glad to see you're getting good money for these, especially when you need the money.

I would have loved to have bit on that Y-Wing, but I did not have the money available, and personally I know it goes for much higher than your original asking price and would have felt a little guilty only paying that much for it.
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 901
    Good to see that you're getting a good return on your Lego to fund school. One bit of advice about ebay - take lots of pictures of the items to keep for yourself just in case of a claim of 'not as described'. Also insure your items for shipping and get signed for! You really need to cover your back with ebay buyers! 
    hs.phili
    hs.phili said:
    samiam391 said:

I listed the y-wing like you recommended and made exactly what you told me. It sold in 24 hours for almost twice what i listed it here for! I have also had much better offers on the snow speeder than I did on here =D Thank you so much! 

No problem, happy to help! Have a good last year at school!