Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

LEGO at SDCC 2015

Comments

• Mandalorian_BuilderMandalorian_Builder Member Posts: 197
    I just sent out a few messages, but if anyone else sees this, I will
    be carrying around an extra Superman set from Thursday to trade for a Sam Wilson as Captain America. I would only ask for the $40 it cost to even out
    the trade. Feel free to text me if you would like to meet up on the Con floor :)

Thanks,
    Martin

714-651-9526
  • MojoestMojoest UKMember Posts: 474
    Thanks to an upside down photo it looks like there's over 6,500 of the Ultron sets available :wink: 

VorpalRyuReesesPiecesyys4u
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 989
    Im not planning on buying any of the ComicCon sets, but I think they are all pretty cool.   And I know a lot of people dont like these exclusives, but they area a great idea....special sets for a special event, just what exclusives should be.
  • husky96husky96 Member Posts: 46
    Ready to fly home from a great SDCC. I'm always grateful to get tickets and it was nice to have cooler weather than what I've been getting in Seattle. Overall LEGO interest for the exclusives was crazy this year it seems like. I didn't attempt to get Arsenal, but got in line for Sam Wilson at 11am and was already at the Marriot Marquis. I think the average wait for all was 2.5-3 hours. My son and I won 1 of 2 but have a good story.

He pushed the same iPad where he lost but then I pushed it and won. We went up the winning aisle where the girl gave him the Capt America, but he did the honest thing and told her that he lost. Aargh! I wasn't happy but I'm glad he was honest to a certain extent. I kinda was hoping she would give it to him but didn't happen.

For the box sets, I got there about 5:15am and stood in the "Everything but H line". This was about 2-2.5 hours when it was all said and done. My wife and son joined about 7am and we were successful with all 3. We sold one of the Star Wars sets while I was in line to claim it for $100. And one of our Action Comics sets went to one of the LEGO designers who was in town and traded it for a Billund Airport upon his return.

My son built the Ultron set already and can't wait to start some of the other regular sets that were pre-released before August 1st.
    Mandalorian_BuilderSumoLegoMojoestAdzbadboyGoldchainschuckp
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,738
    It is refreshing to hear that the sets get built.  Or atleast one set gets built.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,356
    ^I implore everyone to open and play with their exclusives; it raises the value of my unopened exclusives ;)
    VorpalRyukhmellymelSethro3SumoLego
  • jondesouzaCEjondesouzaCE UKMember Posts: 242
    Can anyone confirm if the Ultrons in the Throne Room set are unique or not? I know there was a thought they might be a different shade to the existing ones.
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,249
    edited July 2015
    Can anyone confirm if the Ultrons in the Throne Room set are unique or not? I know there was a thought they might be a different shade to the existing ones.
    No, they don't appear to be. If you look on the back of the box, the ultron is the same shade of silver. The front cover art is just very glossy.
  • jondesouzaCEjondesouzaCE UKMember Posts: 242
    samiam391 said:
    No, they don't appear to be. If you look on the back of the box, the ultron is the same shade of silver. The front cover art is just very glossy.
    Cheers. That saves me a purchase!
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,515
    edited July 2015
    I know it is not lego and also just concept ideas at the moment, but I just saw (online) the Megabloks Castle Grey Skull that is at SDCC. It looks like MB are really stepping up their game.

pharmjodRennyWicksy80brickupdateGoldchainsbobabricksAdzbadboy
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,111
    ^Looks like an impressive MOC but can't imagine it becoming a set, even on MB pricing it'd be stupid money. I wonder if they have been recruiting people who display at brick conventions etc.
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,323
    I would not be too keen on getting MB sets, but I'm sure whatever they would makes as figures would be awesome for Masters lf the Universe. One area I don't feel the two compete on is figures as Lego makes very distinctive figures, while MB does almost little action figures.
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,143
    Looks like the Superman set is holding steady between like $175 and $225 from what I can tell... 

Wait it out, or try and get one?
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 674
    Has anyone seen the parts list for the ultron set?
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    I'd love a Masters of the Universe theme from LEGO. MB has been stepping up their game. I've seen some decent quality from them. But I don't plan on jumping ship..just yet.

• dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,323
    I would never jump ship but I may pick up some MB figures if they look good.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Kudos to MB for packing a bit more in their punch, but my loyalty is not for sale. Long live Billund!
    johnhenzGothamConstructionCodannyrww
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,231
    Well, I've got Cap coming, before anyone asks, too much... How long do people think it will be before we should see a drop & how long is it likely to last before the inevitable rise?
    xiahna
    I was planning to put my extra sets on ebay, but would prefer to sell these here to fellow LEGO Brickset fans on the board. Let me know if I should be posting on the for sale section, but feel free to message me with a fair offer for 1 or for all 3. 
    @husky96 got an Ultron or Dagobah in your bag?
    xiahna
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^^The price floor should be reached in 1 to 2 months by casual Conners that moved too slow to capture the initial high mark and now scrounging for fast offloading for any remaining buyers left in the market. They typically stay in that price neighborhood for 6-8 months. Then start inching back up after that and stabilize towards the next year's Con.
    Just to reiterate. I have: 1 each Superman Action Comics, 1 each Throne of Ultron, and 1 each Star Wars Dagobah set available. I'll post these in the FS section as well. These would be shipping from Seattle.
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,640
    I created the part list in .bsx for the superman set (Thank @Russell844). I didn't find a way to attach to this post, PM me your email address if you are interested (and let me know if you see a mistake in it).
    ^^^ Well thats one Bricklinked! Four orders and only the roof missing  :) Does anyone have the part number for the roof piece in a different colour as the part number from the instructions doesn't show up on BL
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,787
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,640
    @Mojoest it is http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=98281

I have bricklinked mine, will be a convertible for now ;-)
    Pitfall69MojoestAdzbadboybendybadger
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,787
    edited July 2015
    I bet yellow would look great.
    Curious, how much did it cost?

I'm expecting the BL versions to start popping up on eBay soon.
    @samiam391 3 orders for a total of $30 including S&H for me, but $22 of parts were from my store and I gave my self free shipping :)
    So either $30 for a BL copy with a different roof piece.

Or $200 for the normal copy with a regular roof piece.

Tough decisions. ;)
    Pitfall69madforLEGO
    Prices trending down pretty fast this evening. These are the prices I'm seeing:

Sam Wilson $170 -> $150
    Arsenal $150 -> $130
    Ultron $170 -> $125
    Dagobah $150 -> $125
    Superman $200 -> $190

VorpalRyu
    @samiam391, sounds about right for Cap, minus postage, I paid the lower figure.
    xiahna
    Should have specified that the way I set it up is:

Yesterday's price -> Today's price.

• HokieJoe99HokieJoe99 Member Posts: 348
    I feel history repeating itself. It was about 5 years ago that I could not imagine spending $150 or more for a LEGO set.  Then I bought Green Grocer and the floodgates opened. 

Now I can't imagine spending that much on a Megablocks set, but maybe Castle Grayskull, if it comes out looking like that, will be the tipping point.  Of course I'll have to then join the forums at www.subparbrickset.com. 
    dannyrww
    Drmnez said:
    Always excluded Superman since he was not unique other than the piece of cardboard he came with.

He is the only one missing, but that is buy choice.  I only collect the ones that are not available in any other set.

Opps, sorry @BrickDancer

*hugs*

I have number 80
    @Brick_Obsession @Drmnez ;

Forgot to mention this earlier (and just remembered randomly now), but I have #79:

Displaying IMG_0469JPG

I find it somewhat strange that we have 3 successive numbers!
    Drmnez
    As far as the Castle Grayskull is concerned;  I would just download the instructions and make a Lego version. Someome has already made a Lego version, so I imagine it can be done.
    dannyrww
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,738
    I think that's a complete red herring.  I can only imagine the level of ineptitude in He-Man MegaBloks.
    dannyrww
    edited July 2015
    Well...well, guess what I saw while watching "The Big Bang Theory" tonight ;) It is Supergirl, but looks really familiar 
    SumoLego
  • magrimagri UKMember Posts: 157
    Throne of Ultron instructions can be found here: 
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/tormentalous/sets/72157655833426312
    Mojoest
    samiam391 said:
    Curious, how much did it cost?

I'm expecting the BL versions to start popping up on eBay soon.
    I had to bump some of the orders up a little to meet the minimum spend levels for a couple of the orders, but the total for the parts needed for the set came to about £16-17 + postage (not including the minifig as I already had that).

I'm thinking I might still buy the set at some point (and keep it sealed), then I can use to BL version for display  :)
  • Brick_ObsessionBrick_Obsession in a "Brick" house - Calgary, AlbertaMember Posts: 654
    samiam391 said:
    Drmnez said:
    Always excluded Superman since he was not unique other than the piece of cardboard he came with.

He is the only one missing, but that is buy choice.  I only collect the ones that are not available in any other set.

Opps, sorry @BrickDancer

*hugs*

I have number 80
    @Brick_Obsession @Drmnez ;

Forgot to mention this earlier (and just remembered randomly now), but I have #79:

Displaying IMG_0469JPG

I find it somewhat strange that we have 3 successive numbers!
    Number 81, the one pictured is mine.  I sent a picture to Brickset for use.

We should start tracking the numbers amongst the Brickset world to see how many are here.

I think numbers 23, 47, 99, 124, 13, 56, 92, 87, 34, 36 and all passed through @samiam391 hand's ;-)
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,794
    Mine is 97! (Please don't ask if I'm interested in selling/trading — its value to me is as a souvenir of the one time I was lucky enough to go to NYTF, and besides, one of the 2x2 plates has fallen off the badge and needs to be re-glued.)

Back on the subject of this year's SDCC, the Skull Scorpio mask is fairly cheap on eBay. I kind of expected that — besides the limited AFOL demand for Bionicle, it's not the mask of a particularly familiar or iconic character like last year's NYCC Tahu mask was. My brother snagged one for $25 and I've seen them go for even lower prices like $17. Obviously my brother knew he was buying it for our own collection, not as any kind of investment.

I don't mind the prices being this low. Means less whining for me to put up with in the Bionicle communities I'm a part of.

And in terms of SDCC news other than exclusives, The Brick Fan has a detailed recap of the Ninjago panel. It's kind of cool seeing all the Airjitzu prototypes!

Strangely, I have been unable to find any pics of the Little, Brown Books booth, where they were supposed to be showing off the new LEGO graphic novels for this year. Kind of disappointed about that...
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,143
    Found what could be a decent price for all 3 sets but can't bring myself to pull the trigger due to still paying down the credit card from moving expenses...

Oh well. Still hoping the Superman set comes down some in the next month or so.
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 939
    God help me I'm the high bidder on an Action Comics set on eBay that's ending soon. I don't know whether I'm more nervous about being outbid or not outbid.
    ^ Good luck :smile: 
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,168
    Is anyone else looking at buying the SDCC Bionicle mask simply for the clam shell?
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 585
    vwong19 said:
    Is anyone else looking at buying the SDCC Bionicle mask simply for the clam shell?
    Only if it could actually be confirmed that it would arrive pristine lol