Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Walmart Clearance

2»

Comments

• MrJ_NYMrJ_NY A flick missle away from Brickagara FallsMember Posts: 592
    edited July 2015
    scotty12 listed,in addition to Friends #41006 Downtown Bakery was $21. As far as City sets they didn't even have the Service Truck but did have City #60055 Monster Truck $7 .... #60060 Auto Transporter - $21
    Darkseid Invasion was full price.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,833
    Found Ant Man marked down to $15, Avengers Tower for $45. Couldn't believe Ant Man was clearance before the film even releases but I was glad to take it. Also found two boxes of Mixels for $1.25 each series 4. Grabbed quite a few for myself and my LUG
  • NeilJamNeilJam USAMember Posts: 271
    Local Walmart has all Lego Movie sets clearanced, including the aforementioned Emmets Mech for $45, plus the DD Couch for $11, and Batman & Angry Kitty was $7 or $9.
    All of the remaining Chima is clearanced except for Maula's Mammoth Stomper which was previously reduced there but is now back to full price. Picked up #70224 Tiger's Mobile Command for $59.
    Most older Creator is reduced, and some City including the Service Truck for $19 and Tow Truck for $15. Also had a couple recent Ninjago sets reduced including #70749 Enter the Serpent for $45.
    Got the Creator Bike Shop for $64 at a different store a few days ago.
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,117
    I found the green lantern vs sinestro set for $9.
    BumblepantsMrJ_NYRainstorm26Goldchainsstarwarfan77
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 685
    Is everyone else seeing the Pirates Brick Bounty for $74?  Just wondering if this was going to leave Walmarts shelves early.  Was hoping to find them cheaper than 25% off.
  • The_IveysThe_Iveys USA::Florida::ValricoMember Posts: 64
    Picked up #79117 yesterday at one of the area Wal-Marts yesterday - stole it, actually.  My wife spotted it on a lower shelf in the clearance aisle (she's short - easy for her to see down there :smile: ).  The box was open and slightly damaged.  I pulled out all the contents of the box, and it was still complete.  Regular price sticker was on the box, clearance sticker said $74.00 which hadn't changed in months (I'd been watching it).  Wife suggested I take it to a price checker and scan the original UPC.  When I did, imagine the look on my face when it read "$34.00"!!  I took it to the line, asked the cashier to scan the UPC and ignore the clearance sticker (and why) - she did, and I walked out with my set at $34.00 + tax!!

I had to go out again last night to Wal-Mart (different store, closer to home), so I thought I'd try my luck again.  I found #70808 marked down from $50.00 to $35.00 on the sticker.  I made my way over to a price scanner - came up at $25.00 from the UPC.  Threw it in the cart with my other necessities I went out for in the first place and came home a happy man!!

I learned a valuable lesson yesterday  - at Wal-Mart, ALWAYS scan the original UPC on a clearance item to ensure the price isn't lower than the sticker!!

I have to go clear across the county today to take care of something... I think my return trip may be just a little slower than the outbound... :wink: !!
  • Vindic8edVindic8ed Member Posts: 163
    scotty12 said:
    Is everyone else seeing the Pirates Brick Bounty for $74?  Just wondering if this was going to leave Walmarts shelves early.  Was hoping to find them cheaper than 25% off.

Ya, I picked it up, last one at my store.  Also got some my first two Chima sets at 50% off.  Picked up the creator bike shop for $60 and some change.

I can't wait to see what Prime Day has to offer.
  • ModulaRModulaR USMember Posts: 39
    ^I also saw the Brick Bounty marked at that price, but it was gone.
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    I've noticed that quite a bit. I've also scanned random sets at Walmart that rung up a lower price than marked (non-clearance). I've wasted a lot of time testing it out to find a few good ones. The latest B-Wing was marked down to 20 on the scanner, but full price on the shelf. And some Ninjago set earlier this year was clearanced to 64, but it rang up for 21. Odd price, but I'll take it.
  • leetshoeleetshoe USAMember Posts: 252
    Today l went and saw the three smaller pirates sets with like 5 bucks off each. Didn't see any Brick Bounties.
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 997
    edited July 2015
    I saw all the pirate sets at 25% off at one Walmart.  Had them in my hand to buy, but then put them back.   Not a pirate fan...might be one at 50% off, 'tho.  But I think those would be a no brainer for fans of the pirate series, plus the pirate theme is kinda a lego icon theme.

I did buy a lot of the Disney Princess sets on clearance and the Castle #41055 was $49.98.  They had the Turtle #79117, too, it was 1/2 off at $49.98.
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 997
    ....^ didn't see the Brick Bounty, however, just all the smaller set.   
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    When price scanning, do you use the in-store price checker, cash register check, or the WalMart smartphone app?
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,876
    Store scanner. App is nearly useless now.
    The Walmart I usually go to doesn't have a single "girls" set (Disney, Friends, Elves, etc.)...
  • starwarfan77starwarfan77 Member Posts: 341
    Thanos75 said:
    I found the green lantern vs sinestro set for $9.
    you certainly are in gold mine ;)
  • ModulaRModulaR USMember Posts: 39
    Also, today I noticed Darkseid Invasion (76028) marked down to $49.
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,147
    I got the Sabertooth Tribe Pack, Batman and Super Angry Unikitty, and City Monster Truck for $7 each.

The Bike Shop and Cafe was $64, but I had to pass on it. 

City Auto Transporter got for $21. Unrelated, but got the Collector's Edition Strategy Guide for Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 for $25 (initially rang up at the register as $35 but the sticker on it said $25).

A lot of The Lego Movie discounts, just don't remember specifics. A lot more clearance than the last few years it seems. Not sure if I'll keep the guide and transporter though.
  • crazycarlcrazycarl USAMember Posts: 392
    edited July 2015
    Got the fire station #60004 today for $74.  Also got #70807 for $34, #75040 for $19, 5 #75035 for $9 each (going to use them to MOC Aliens Colonial Marines), and #70819 for $21 last Saturday.  I hate giving walmart any of my money but could not pass these up.  Plus we have a little extra money now so the wife said go for it.
  • mh3490mh3490 NW Indiana Member Posts: 316
    Found a jurassic world indominus rex set for 10 bucks 
    sonsofscevaRonyar
  • MrJ_NYMrJ_NY A flick missle away from Brickagara FallsMember Posts: 592
    Finally found a Super Heroes set marked down today at another Walmart #76027
    Black Manta Deep Sea Strike $30
  • Vance2Vance2 Member Posts: 15
    mh3490 said:
    Whaaaaaaaa????????????
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 539
    Found #4429 for $17.
    crazycarl
  • lordzaraklordzarak OH, United StatesMember Posts: 329
    mh3490 said:

At first, I was ready to say "no way" to this post. Then I remembered that a couple years ago, I scored a LOTR Weathertop for $10.  Sometimes stores get aggressive with their clearance. Great score!
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,147
    Interesting note, but one of my Walmarts had the Frozen set at full price but with a red tag on it.

My fiance got the Cinderella castle for $49. I got the Chima smaller Phoenix for $15. They had the Crocodile Tribe Pack for $7 but the only one left had a battered and ripped open box.

They also had the Sunshine Ranch Friends set for $49. My fiance really wants that set too but we just weren't in a position to swing that and the castle.
    I want to go check some stores today, I saw an article saying Walmart rolled back 1200 items or something to compete with Amazon Prime Day.
  • Vance2Vance2 Member Posts: 15
    Vindic8ed said:
    I want to go check some stores today, I saw an article saying Walmart rolled back 1200 items or something to compete with Amazon Prime Day.
    Online only from what I understand. Amazon' CEO yesterday called out Walmart for having a sale similar to that of Amazon but only doing so online. Apparently, when Walmart realeased their rollback announcement press release, they included some snarky comments about how people shouldn't have to pay for a membership to save (as a dig at Amazon). Amazon responded by asking why people didnt get the same deal in brick-and-mortar stores that they do online (as a dig back at Walmart).
    I was at WM earlier and there was no new sales or price cuts or anything.
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 815
    Walmart near me had various sets on clearance.  The that stand out most is the naboo star fighter down to $35.  I was able to get the ant man set for $15 and jay walker for $11.  Another that haven't been mentioned is the creator grocery and toy store for $30.