Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO at SDCC 2015

Comments

• BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Grievous looks even better in these pics and worth the scratch, wonder how it would look next to UCS Grievous. I also like Cody and Vader as well.
  • Mandalorian_BuilderMandalorian_Builder Member Posts: 197

I shot a short video of how the raffle works. A Lego employee with an iPad lets you hit a button. If you get an angry cop, you lost, and if you get a happy cop, you won. Luckily, I won :)
    ReesesPieceskhmellymelsidersdd
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,942
    Was that for the minifig or the set?
    Was that for the minifig or the set?
    This was for the set. They will use the same method for the minifig, but that's in about an hour 
    Nice!
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,287
    Good luck to everyone there today with getting what you want! 
    jonamok
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,335
    At first I was told there was 145 of the Superman set. Then I realized that the "Non-LEGO fans"/scalpers didn't realize that the 145 # was the number of pieces in the set, not the number of actual sets.

Recently, I've heard the number 1,000 and 1,500 thrown around. Much more realistic... plenty for all!
    I drew a blank on red arrow :/ 

willing to to trade the retail superman set for 2 red arrows of anyone is here and willing

Feel free to text me
    714-651-9526
  • david325david325 Member Posts: 138
    2 red arrows?!
    The exclusive was $40. The minifigs were free. 

david325 said:
    2 red arrows?!

I drew a blank on red arrow :/ 

willing to to trade the retail superman set for 2 red arrows of anyone is here and willing

Feel free to text me
    714-651-9526
    Done.

All kidding aside, congrats on winning the Superman! Seems to be the more valuable of the two for now.
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,185
    Happy to report that my 2 sons and I won Arsenals. I didn't get to the Con early enough to get a chance at the Superman set. From what I saw, the line for fig probably formed around 9a and drawing started at 12:20p. The very first person in line drew a Bad Cop on the iPad, but the first 100 must have had a 75% success rate. After we drew we walked down to Seaport Village to eat and saw the Lego line extend down that path which is a 1/2 mile. I'm guessing that is about 3k people. I'd love to trade an Arsenal for Sam Wilson Captain America if I don't win one tomorrow.
    samiam391
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,310
    @vwong19, well, you've got more chance of getting Sam than I do... Wish TLG brought these to some of our ComCons...
    madforLEGOxiahna
    @samiam391 - There is a set numbered #1449 on eBay at the moment so presumably 1500 is the true number.
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,160
    I'd really like that Superman set, because while I'm not a huge Superman fan, I understand how iconic it is.

They seem to be running $200ish on eBay, and I easily have that much open on my credit limit, but am having a hard time pulling the trigger for that much.
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,388
    Anyone have directions for the superman set they can post?
  • addemlitaddemlit CaliforniaMember Posts: 118
    I just pulled the trigger on arsenal. Any idea why Sam Wilson isn't on eBay?
    Mojoest
  • Tevans333Tevans333 Member Posts: 152
    @samiam391 - There is a set numbered #1449 on eBay at the moment so presumably 1500 is the true number.
    Ayone know how many of the batmobiles were made last year? I want to pick this set up, but also want to gauge about what a good price might be based on last years sets.
    addemlit said:

That is today's giveaway. It technically hasn't been released yet.
    addemlit said:

That is today's giveaway. It technically hasn't been released yet.
    He'll start popping up on eBay at 3:30 EST.
    @Tevans333 - I don't know exactly how many were made but prices are trending around the $200 mark at the moment for the Action Comics #1 Superman set, which is substantially less than the going rate for last year's Batmobile.

I have held off on that one for now as I think it could easily go well under $200 but I have picked up an Arsenal minifigure as those prices are fairly low already. I probably could have held on a bit longer but insured postage to the UK was relatively inexpensive so I went for it.
    Mojoest
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,160
    Yeah, I'm sort of sitting here wondering if the Superman set will dip below $200 or not or if I should just pull the trigger now.

I mean on one hand, it could dip below that price and I get it cheaper. On the other hand, it might not and then I end up having to shell out even more for it. The other possibility is it goes cheaper for a bit but I somehow miss it at that price and then it jacks back up again, to higher than the $200.
    Yeah, I'm sort of sitting here wondering if the Superman set will dip below $200 or not or if I should just pull the trigger now.

I mean on one hand, it could dip below that price and I get it cheaper. On the other hand, it might not and then I end up having to shell out even more for it. The other possibility is it goes cheaper for a bit but I somehow miss it at that price and then it jacks back up again, to higher than the $200.
    It will get cheaper.

1,000 of these were made. The price has already dropped $75 in less than 24 hours. 

The price has always gone down in previous years... And it always will.
    DrmnezVorpalRyuyys4u
    edited July 2015
    ^ There must be at least 1500 as numbers 1391 and 1449 have appeared on eBay today.
    VorpalRyu
    @CapnRex101 - Excuse me, yes 1,500. I'm apparently still set on last years numbers!
  • Brick_ObsessionBrick_Obsession in a "Brick" house - Calgary, AlbertaMember Posts: 654
    Here comes Sam Wilson, a little higher than Arsenal which was expected.

Now here is hoping he free falls.
    VorpalRyu
    @Brick_Obsession, yep, like a lead weight... *crosses fingers*
    xiahna
  • DarthMorlDarthMorl Member Posts: 335
    So what do you guys feel is a good price for Arsenal and Sam Wilson, at what point do the pros pull the trigger :) 

Initial prices are actually a little lower then the original prices for arsenal. I think that's mostly due to the fact that arsenal was the first figure to be released... The sellers never know where to start their prices the first time around.

He'll fall over the next week. I always get in my soapbox this time of year.... Stay patient people!
    VorpalRyuMojoestGothamConstructionCochuckp
  • MojoestMojoest UKMember Posts: 474
    So thats a Sam Wilson on its way shortly. Prices will likely fall, but it was already cheaper than I paid for either of last year's, plus I had £80 (~$120) of Nectar points (A UK supermarket loyalty scheme) to convert to eBay credit :-). 

Now to wait it out for Arsenal.
  • addemlitaddemlit CaliforniaMember Posts: 118
    samiam391 said:

Initial prices are actually a little lower then the original prices for arsenal. I think that's mostly due to the fact that arsenal was the first figure to be released... The sellers never know where to start their prices the first time around.

He'll fall over the next week. I always get in my soapbox this time of year.... Stay patient people!

How much do you think the figures will drop to?
  • PlayftlPlayftl Member Posts: 178
    Have both Arsenal and Sam Wilson available, pm me if anyone is interested! 
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^Congrats! Hope you had a good time this year.
  • DarthMorlDarthMorl Member Posts: 335
    ^^ PM sent
  • MattPetersenMattPetersen Florida, USAMember Posts: 282
    Our little mr six would go nuts for these...
    xiahna
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 617
    They look a little fishy.  I wonder if they are customs not produced by Lego, just using Lego parts.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,329
    edited July 2015
    Definitely customs, if you look at the one on the left theres something about it being resealed on the packaging, and the design just doesn't look right for LEGO. Plus theres been no official mention of this - in all honesty i have no idea who aquabats are/is.
    There a superhero punk rock ska band
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,329
    oh, so yeah definitely custom figures
    Thank goodness. I thought it might have been a one off thing like how LEGO gave Harry Knowles his own minifig. 
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    Identifiable is a good word for this. Being a minifigure collector in general, do I care about certain figures I've never heard of or have any emotional attachment to?

What is the mindset of us collectors? I thought GOTG was okay and while I would like to have all of the figures, I'm not attached to any of them enough to warrant a high price on the Con Collector.

Same goes for the two new figures. Sure, if the price is right I may consider them, but why? I've never heard of the Sam Wilson Captain version and I'm not caught up on Arrow to know who Arsenal is. I know Roy Harper, but not his alter ego I guess.

But I do like that people are noticing prices drop. As much as sellers set the pricing, buyers do too. So if people hold out long enough, then there won't be too high of a market for them at a high price.
  • Brick_ObsessionBrick_Obsession in a "Brick" house - Calgary, AlbertaMember Posts: 654
    In my opinion, a lot of the exclusives we see on Ebay are people trying to sell them off to pay for their Comic Con expenses.  Those credit card bills come calling in 30 days, people try and off load before hand.  The prices are dropping and will continue too.  This years batch was very weak, as stated above, characters that not too many care about.

I am expecting Wonder Woman at NYTF :D
    @Sethro3, Not a big Avengers fan? Sam Wilson is Falcon, with Steve Rogers retired, Falc becomes the new Cap...
    xiahna
    I finally acquired an arsenal. Now I just need a Sam Wilson as captain America fig. If anyone is willing to trade, I have an extra superman set from Thursday. The set cost me $40, and the minifig isn't worth as much on eBay, so I would just ask for the $40 to even the trade out. I also have the Bionicle mask if anyone wants to do a trade/partial cash.

Sethro3 said:
    Identifiable is a good word for this. Being a minifigure collector in general, do I care about certain figures I've never heard of or have any emotional attachment to?

What is the mindset of us collectors? I thought GOTG was okay and while I would like to have all of the figures, I'm not attached to any of them enough to warrant a high price on the Con Collector.

Same goes for the two new figures. Sure, if the price is right I may consider them, but why? I've never heard of the Sam Wilson Captain version and I'm not caught up on Arrow to know who Arsenal is. I know Roy Harper, but not his alter ego I guess.

But I do like that people are noticing prices drop. As much as sellers set the pricing, buyers do too. So if people hold out long enough, then there won't be too high of a market for them at a high price.
    I understand if your not up on current comics you wouldn't know the Sam Wilson (aka The Falcon) took over the roll of Captain America after a villain sucked the serum out of Cals body and he aged to an old man. (Personally I hate an old Steve Rogers, but like Dam Wilson so it's an uneasy trade for me).

Arsenal is Roy Harper's code name for I believe the past 20 years. He used to call himself Speedy when he was a kid in the Teen Titans. 
  • GeddesGeddes Member Posts: 574
    Definitely taking a hands off approach this year.
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,242
    edited July 2015
    ^^ and ^^^^ Ahhhh I haven't read that far yet! :)

Is this a different universe than the one with Bucky Cap existence?
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,185
    SDCC update: Friday was another good day as one of my sons and I won the Cap fig. 3 hours of waiting in line paid off again. I believe win ratio for the lotteries this year was set to about 90%.

Yesterday we skipped the Bionicle give away in favor of Hall H.

If anyone is interested in Arsenal for $150 shipped, let me know. I believe the figure is worth that much and would appreciate later. Obviously eBay and Bricklink will help determine that.