Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO at SDCC 2015

Comments

• DarthMorlDarthMorl Member Posts: 335
    @samiam391 do you have pics of your collection we could see?
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    We should have a collection pic thread. Or is that the "How have you modified your house?" thread?
    SumoLego
  • B0SSKB0SSK In the PubMember Posts: 175
    Sam Wilson -
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 961
    Somebody on the comments section of the front page article suggests that the DC exclusive will be Roy Harper from Arrow, quoting Eurobricks rumours.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,206
    There is the 'How Do You Display Minifigure' thread.
  • DrLegOBrickDrLegOBrick UKMember Posts: 68
    @ReesesPieces Two reasons, one, I like my Lego collection as "pure" as possible, and two, it makes them blend in more with the official stuff. For example, I'm not sure of the exact brands, but a recent purchase of Spider-Man 2099, The Collector, Dr Strange, and a classic Hawkeye all had pretty large arms in comparison to Lego. I've got the parts to hand, so why not "fix" them? @BrickDancer Superb collection, I love the way you've got a key issue for each character above each of the exclusives, I'd never think such a collection was achievable given the rarity of them (and I very much agree on your list of killer choices). Perhaps, to soften the blow, the other Marvel figure is a variation on Dr Doom, to tie in with the FF film? Hopefully not a 2099 one, but perhaps an unmasked version? I'm aware he's a key player in Secret Wars as well.
    BrickDancerReesesPieces
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 1,022
    DrLegobrick, I appreciate the explanation. I have some knock offs that are not made by Lego. But I don't like to mix parts because I feel like I am deceiving myself or others if they ever happen to see it. However, I did mix parts to make a John Stewart green lantern.
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 599
    Newest news regarding exclusive at SDCC:  http://collider.com/lego-superman-comic-con-exclusive/

pretty awesome, glad it's not an exclusive figure in the set.
    DrmnezLostInTranslationchuckpBrickDancerprevereGoldchainsShibGothamConstructionCobobabricks
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 542
    Cool car.
  • Brick_ObsessionBrick_Obsession in a "Brick" house - Calgary, AlbertaMember Posts: 656
    Gooker1 said:
    Newest news regarding exclusive at SDCC:  http://collider.com/lego-superman-comic-con-exclusive/

pretty awesome, glad it's not an exclusive figure in the set.
    $39.99 at Comic Con, $139.99 on Ebay :wink: 
    Drmnezchuckp
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,160
    Yea 'Old Man Logan' would be a killer choice. Other Marvel ones for me would be Gambit, Archangel, Beast, Rogue, Cable, Bishop, Daredevil, Punisher. For DC it would be Azrael, New 52 Harley Quinn, Clayface, Hush, Lobo, Sandman, Black Canary, Power Girl, Booster Gold, Black Adam, Batman Beyond, Roy Harper
    I'd prefer if they just did an actual Batman Beyond set. That is one mini-figure I really do want.
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,395
    I like this set...would love to see instructions for this
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,692
    That roof piece doesn't seem to be available in green: http://brickset.com/parts/design-98281
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,673
    The roof of the car does not exist in green right now, I hope it will available later this year in some sets...
    Drmnez
    Whew!  Although this is another great set, I can avoid paying $239.00 on eBay for this one.

Are we all clear?  Is this it?!?
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 961
    Take all my money, take it. Hands down the best SDCC exclusive set to date IMO. 
    chuckp
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Great looking piece, best of all the exclusive mini sets so far. Definitely gonna bricklink this one.
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,328
    ^ Are you sure you won't pick up the official set and then frame it with the comic like with the minifigures? It will only set you back around $2,160,000, making the investment in the frame seem rather insignificant :)
    BrickDancer
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,379
    LEGO has really stepped up their game from year to year with these mini exclusive sets. 

Looking forward to seeing what else LEGO offers this year in terms of minifigures.
    Brick_Obsession
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,379

DarthMorl said:
    @DarthMorl - My display isn't nearly as nice as Brickdancers. I think you would be bored with mine!
  • DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 859
    edited June 2015
    :-( my poor wallet lol
  • Brick_ObsessionBrick_Obsession in a "Brick" house - Calgary, AlbertaMember Posts: 656
    My poor wallet?  More like my poor son!  He will be the one going without food for the next couple months, lol!
    bobabricks
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    Was somewhat underwhelmed by the first two, but this latest exclusive is pretty killer. Ah well, I could probably never afford it.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,429
    That superman one is damn cool, never going to be available to me at a price I'd be happy to pay, but mabe if the roof part does appear in a common set I might try piecing it together
  • DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 859
    edited June 2015
    Definitely worth piecing together. Had anyone heard availability as far as the number they will be handing out?
  • DarthMorlDarthMorl Member Posts: 335
    samiam391 said:

DarthMorl said:
    @DarthMorl - My display isn't nearly as nice as Brickdancers. I think you would be bored with mine!
    Oh I'm sure I would be far from bored @samiam391
    I'm interested to see what the packaging will look like for the Ultron and Superman sets.
    Anyone else curious about the cape material. Will it really stick out like that? I don't think you can do that with the new capes.
  • derfazoidderfazoid SwitzerlandMember Posts: 8
    @dannyrww I just tested it with my Superman with a new cape. The new capes will definitely stay like that when positioned.
    Aanchirdannyrww
    I just saw this:

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=sdcc+2015+lego+exclusives&ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-003

Not sure how much truth there is to it, but it could be the second exclusive mini-fig.

All speculative at this point.

^Not coming up, just shows a regular yahoo search results of 'SDCC 2015 Lego Exclusives'.
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,160
    I checked the SDCC blog and it lists Arsenal as the other mini-figure.

http://sdccblog.com/2015/06/lego-san-diego-comic-con-2015-exclusives/
    BrickDancer
    Yay it's Roy Harper (aka Speedy, Red Arrow, Arsenal) after all! I find it odd that they went with the hood, but the face, torso and legs are stellar. So happy and I already have the perfect issue will go with it.
    It's legit.  looks decent
    edited June 2015
    more san diego comic con 2015 related news have surfaced over night

Sorry, this was what I was trying to show.

Not confirmed yet, but there is a rumor for sure.
    Looks like they will be releasing 1500 of each exclusive mini-fig, based on the blog mentioned above for Arsenal
    And it also says the count, for Arsenal at least, is 1,500 total. So similar to last year and should see about the same pricing of around ~$100 once it settles.
  • Mandalorian_BuilderMandalorian_Builder Member Posts: 197

Sorry, this was what I was trying to show.

Not confirmed yet, but there is a rumor for sure.
    It's on SDCC's official blog now :)
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,921
    edited June 2015
    Interesting that they based it specifically on his appearance from Arrow, considering that last year's Green Arrow minifigure was a New 52 comics-based appearance.
  • MojoestMojoest UKMember Posts: 474
    edited June 2015
    Looks good. Would have preferred a Man Utd version though! The backing card looks a bit empty, not a lot of interest on it.
    edited June 2015
    ^Yea I too find the backdrop on this one to be very plain and lacking in comparison to Sam Wilson's and the previous two years.
    ^ I have to giggle!  We all know that you are giving it a much better back drop :-)
    vitreolum
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    And it also says the count, for Arsenal at least, is 1,500 total. So similar to last year and should see about the same pricing of around ~$100 once it settles.

Zur en arrh bats is anything but ~$100... I don't see these being there either.
    ^Hehe I still use the card backing as part of the display though, so it does play an important part in the visual appearance. The tricky part is attaching a 2x2 plate to the card in a way that doesn't damage it.

I like the full moon in the background, but there should at least be stars or clouds sprinkled throughout the empty space also.
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,842
    edited June 2015
    wow, that car looks amazing! If only Lego would put that much effort into cars in retail sets. :/

I'll definitely be trying to get this one and I'll part the car together, maybe in black because the green roof doesn't exist in other sets.
    edited June 2015
    @vitreolum Zur-En-Aarh and Collector both dropped to a low around $100 give or take, as I picked up the Collector at $125 shipped without waiting for the best low point since I was anxious to get it framed. I think it was around 1 month or a bit more after the event to see it settle down at that level. Then of course it starts trekking back up to where it is today, with more climb to go over time from here.

I know Obsession bought in early, but what about you @samiam391? What price point did you end up buying at for last year?
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,318
    @BrickDancer, from memory, I paid up about $125 including postage for my Collector.

Has anyone heard anything on a SW exclusive minifig?
    xiahna
    ^Do you remember how long after the event when you made that purchase?