Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

TRU (US): Jurassic Park Gate Promotion (FREE Make and Take Jurassic World Gate)

77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442

Comments

• Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,561
    If any  one got an extra I could  trade from  my marketplace  thread 
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,160
    How exactly does this work?

Is purchase necessary, age limit, etc? 
  • chuckpchuckp NYMember Posts: 684
    edited June 2015
    How exactly does this work?

Is purchase necessary, age limit, etc? 
    @SithLord196  I don't know if there is a specific age limit (I take my kids), but no purchase is necessary. You just show up and pick the parts to build the set. They are usually pretty busy and several times I've seen them run out in 20-30 minutes, so the earlier, the better. 
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,318
    Hope they do that here too, me & our little mr six had fun with the Ninjago ones they did recently at our local TRUs...
    xiahna
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    My friend showed me this! I really want one haha, but I don't wanna look like a creep walking into a TRU and building this in front of a bunch of kids.. :/
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 672
    YMMV on the employee, but technically it's for kids only.
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,120
    I take both of my kids.....we help set up and my kids help smaller kids build and I usually have some sets built for display and in return they let us keep all the extra pieces. Sometimes we get a nice big box of pieces and other times there is nothing left. Either way it's nice to help out and see my kids doing something nice. They love it.
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    Can anyone see it stated in-store on online re: age limits?

I couldn't find it online.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,177
    Event intended for children, ages 5-up. Parental supervision required at all times. All giveaways and event materials available while supplies last and distributed to participating children only. Limit one per child. Quantities limited; no rain checks.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    @GIR3691 How strict are they on that point from your experience?
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    I've done it a few times at different stores. I'd show up at the end and if there was any thing left, I would participate. If there was a line of kids I certainly wouldn't. Since TRU has got a lot of my money over the years, I dont feel any guilt about it.
    Yeah, the webpage specifically states kids only, so as much as I'd like to have one, I'd feel a little weird trying to get one. Maybe I'll go close to 2 and see if they have any left.
  • Final_SignFinal_Sign KentuckyMember Posts: 101
    I've been to several of these TRU build and take events.  I take my two boys ages 4 and 2.  Always several kids under 5 and nobody seems to have a problem with that.  I don't grab a set for myself, but I see other parents grabbing an extra set for themselves.  I've never noticed an adult without kids, but I don't think the TRU staff would stop them from participating.

The last two events we went to the sets were in a zip lock bag with a printed sheet of instructions.  We've been to ones before where you had to pick your parts out of separate bins of individual parts.  The bags are definitely less chaotic.

They provide tables to stand at and build your set, or you can take it and leave.  No purchase necessary.

There's usually a line but I've never stuck around long enough to notice if they run out of sets or not.  Usually seems like there's enough people to run out though.
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,724
    I been to a few and I don't have any kids of my own. Only once did a Toys R Us employee tell me it was for kids only. Said I could wait till the end and if there was any left I could have one.  About 10 minutes later she tracked me down and gave me one. I don't feel bad as Toys R Us overprices there LEGO, and I have nieces and nephews I let play with my new LEGO.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,923
    Much like TRU's pricing - it's YMMV with these events. Usually, I drag my 10-year-old to the event, but she's out of town. So, if I bring my 1-year-old, I wonder if they'll let me in?

This event will draw HUGE numbers. Get. There. Early. And the printed tile adds to the value, these will go for MUCH MORE ONLINE then a lot of people might expect.
  • cakeinmilkcakeinmilk London, UKMember Posts: 33
    Is that a printed tile or just a sticker?
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,923
    Printed, I'm pretty sure.
  • eggsheneggshen Middleton, WIMember Posts: 587
    I haven't made it to every one of these, but I have never seen stickers on one of these builds. Also, looking at the images of the ones we have missed I don't see any stickers. But there is a first time for everything (LEGO)!
  • aimlesspursuitsaimlesspursuits USMember Posts: 207
    edited June 2015
    There was a sticker for the eyes on the Cars 2 Rod 'Torque' Redline promo build in 2011.  http://brickset.com/sets/TORQUE-1/Rod-%22Torque%22-Redline
    SumoLego
  • bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
    Another day that I am jealous of our U.S. Members.  I know toysrus are a U.S. Company but I would love this to come to the UK. I love the mini build and the gate is so iconic. Good luck to you all trying to get it.
    VorpalRyuLostInTranslationAdeelZubair
    I'm VERY surprised that they would do a freebie gate like this through TRU and U.S. only. To me, this screams free promo with $50 or $75 purchase from [email protected], or done in a polybag for $5.

The ideal situation for me would be a $20 set with no figs and ramp up the brick count to 249.
  • eggsheneggshen Middleton, WIMember Posts: 587
    @aimlesspursuits, thanks! Missed that one. 2011 is when I was coming out of my dark ages.
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,395
    Was the Captain America one printed or a sticker? Oddly I wouldn't know as it was only in Canada......I guess he is expanding his coverage to all of North America.
    Cap was printed. Someone sold it on eBay right after the event and I asked him specifically about that. So rare, BL doesn't even have the part listed.
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 640
    the sign is a sticker and is not printed
    Farmer_Johngmonkey76
    ^Interesting.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    ^^ And you know this how...?
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 640
    ^^ And you know this how...?
    instagram via the bearded brick https://instagram.com/the_bearded_brick/
  • hoodaddyhoodaddy USMember Posts: 317
    @bendybadger I tried to get one for you as a thanks for your raffles, but the guy wouldn't let me have one until closer to the end of the event. I went back once the line died down and they had run out of some of the pieces.
  • solid_stridersolid_strider TexasMember Posts: 209
    I usually take my son to the TRU builds 30-45 minutes before they're over to skip the lines and we're always able to get them. We got there at 1:15 today and they had run out. They let us choose between the Electro, Rocket or Dareth polys as a substitute, so he got Electro.
  • bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
    @hoodaddy much appreciated. Thanks so much for trying. Hope you managed to secure one for yourself and hope it looks as good as the pics.
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    edited June 2015
    It was really crowded, but the kids were able to pick one up. The set uses stickers; not printed tiles. FYI...

We were also able to grab an Electro and Advanced Tie Fighter polybag at the even too.

• sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 542
    Also crowded for my sons. They looked like they were going to run out not too long after we were there, and that was only about 25min in with a long line yet behind us. There were 62 pieces, I believe, in the set. It looks nice, but my youngest was disappointed when Emmet's car, even without mirrors, still couldn't get through the gate. Just a wee bit small. I guess it is the walking tour entrance, despite the tire track setup.
    Hmm, Star Lord driving Emmet's car through the Jurassic World gate.  Woah.
    Gooker1SumoLegoLostInTranslationdannyrwwsonsofscevaVorpalRyu
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 599
    Hmm, Star Lord driving Emmet's car through the Jurassic World gate.  Woah.
    Mind blown!
    SumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,364
    Only if Elrond was following him in a Hydra tank...

And Magneto was riding Gwahir...

Deadpool flying the Green Lantern Jet...

Legolas piloting the Black Pearl...

Han Solo peeling out on Indy's motorcycle...

And Gimli riding Sallah's horse...

My clever just ran out.
    LostInTranslationdannyrwwTheLoneTensorVorpalRyu
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,364
    Looks like paragraph problem is fixed!
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,177
    Instructions, anyone?
  • novicebuilder101novicebuilder101 Member Posts: 130
    Russell844khmellymelbendybadgerchuckpGoldchains
    Russell844khmellymelbendybadgerRonyargelksterTheLoneTensorGoldchains
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    Thank you for posting the instructions!
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,301
    ^ Yes, thank you @novicebuilder101 !
    Step 17 hurts my heart.
    SumoLegoprevereJBricks27Goldchains
    I was able to get one no questions asked. The guy running it at my local TRU appeared to be an AFOL himself, so that probably helped. 

I also got the TIE Advanced Prototype polybag, last one on the peg. I also grabbed two of the kitten ones for like $2.48 (one for me and one for my fiance). 

I thought it was a fun little build, although it did look like they had quite the limited stock. There were not a lot of green plates in the container with the pieces.
    What are you guys doing for the "Jurassic World" sticker? Are you leaving it bare, making your own or bricklinking it?
    A note on the sticker, but I noticed on mine it seemed to be a higher quality than most Lego stickers, almost like it was a label as opposed to a sticker.
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 672
    Is that plate green or bright green?
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 617
    GIR3691 said:
    Is that plate green or bright green?
    Bright green.   Can't tell from the instructions, but you can see in pictures people have posted of the actual build. 
  • SamuraiPeteSamuraiPete Member Posts: 40
    I ended up with an extra gate and would love to trade someone for a new Lord of the Rings Samwise Gamgee minifigure from 9470.  I will post in the market place as well if anyone is interested. 
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,329
    edited June 2015
    Would anyone be willing to trade a TRU Batsignal build for a TRU Jurassic World build? I am in the U.S.