Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Lego storage unit help...

DisasterareaDisasterarea Northumberland Member Posts: 5
Has anyone one seen one of these before... I have searched the net but can't seem to find anything like it. It as an embossed Lego logo on the side of it. Hope someone can help image

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,417
    Looks a bit homemade or possibly for a store.
  • DisasterareaDisasterarea Northumberland Member Posts: 5
    I'm 100% its not a home made job... I was also thinking a shop display of some sort.
  • akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,025
    edited June 2015
    I'm pretty sure I have seen this before and that it is not home made. I think it is some kind of store display. Let me look around...
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,395
    If I'm right, those are storage bins that Lego offered for sale about 10 years ago. Nice stuff but darned expensive.
    akunthita said:
    I'm pretty sure I have seen this before and that it is not home made. I think it is some kind of store display. Let me look around...
    I've searched the internet for a couple of weeks now without any result, I'm thinking maybe it's a rare find.... Someone must know for certain what this is. 
  • streekerstreeker FranceMember Posts: 299
    It's an official LEGO product - LEGO stacking bin 60021 (the red in your pic) or 60020 in green from 2007. You can reference them on Bricklink.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?pg=4&itemYear=2007&catType=G

Your pic jogged my memory because I remembered having my order cancelled for the storage bin when it went on 75% discount way back when. They weren't store displays, more like a line of furniture that included a stool, toy chest, and building table. I do have the rolling storage boxes in red and blue -- 60030 and 60031-- and while horribly expensive, those boxes were made in Finland and of solid wood, not MDF.
    oldtodd33Disasterarea
    Thank you Streeker, I'm pleased someone managed to help! I knew it was a quality bit of kit.... Well worth what I paid for it! 

Cheers