Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Which Star Wars minifigs do you want to see (remade) in the future?

Comments

• wardmwardm BelgiumMember Posts: 604
    maybe we'll get a new Rex, Wolffe and (our first!) Gregor minifig for the rebels season 2? A new and better hondo onaka would be great too! and lego ABSOLUTELY can't miss the older Ahsoka version.... 
  • GremerGremer The Commonwealth of VirginiaMember Posts: 179
    My most wanted minifigure would have to be Theed Battle Padme. The Naboo Starfighter or the Flash Speeder would have been great places to include her.
  • BACbrixBACbrix AmericaMember Posts: 655
    Waiting for when they make a shield bubble for the droidekas.
    wardm[Deleted User]
  • B0SSKB0SSK In the PubMember Posts: 175
    Any fig NOT from clone wars, rebels, or episodes 1, 2 or 3.
    matticus_bricks
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^Because nothing is or ever will be good as the movies from 1977-1983? A whole 3 decades plus ago?
    edited June 2015
    Correct mate. it's called cult classic film.
    Then what's your view on the new Trilogy?

I just never understood the reticence of those who refuse to welcome any new material to the SW Universe.
    BACbrix
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,848
    Then what's your view on the new Trilogy?

I just never understood the reticence of those who refuse to welcome any new material to the SW Universe.
    Yeah, it would be understandable if we were talking about something that the creator wrote as an entirely self-contained story without intending for it to be expanded, but from the moment The Empire Strikes Back was released and identified in the opening crawl as Episode V, it was clear that George Lucas intended the franchise to be more than just a single trilogy. People who prefer to think of Star Wars as just a single movie rather than part of any ongoing saga are rare, but at least they can argue with authority that it was originally intended that way — not so with people who think the original trilogy is the be-all and end-all of the series.

That's not to say that the QUALITY of subsequent additions to the franchise is beyond criticism, of course. But you have to be at least open to the possibility of new additions to the franchise if you put any stock in George Lucas's intent for the series from Empire onward.

Anyway, my interest in Star Wars peaked around The Phantom Menace, I think, but I don't know if any characters in that really need to be remade — most have gotten pretty great remakes in just the past few years. Gasgano and Aldar Beedo are out-of-date, but we don't need a new version of them unless we get a new version of their podracers (and frankly, other racers like Ben Quadinaros and Teemto Pagalies got considerably more screen time anyway). I would love more podracer sets in general, though.
    BrickDancer
  • solid_stridersolid_strider TexasMember Posts: 206
    Yarna d'al Gargan and Willrow Hood :) !

Kidding, I'd like to see more Cantina aliens and Jabba goons though.  Also agree with re-releasing and completing the ESB bounty hunters.
    My view on epsodes 1, 2 ad 3 is this.  I did of course watch all 3 films, and they got progressively better with each movie. However, the acting and casting of the main characters was dreadful, and the storylines were very political thus boring as hell. Lucas lost so much credibility with these films.

It is a widely known fact that these prequels were damn dreadful, and box office ratings back this up.  And as for that complete fool Haydn Christensen, he cannot act for toffee.

Finally, these movies were a case of far too much crap CG and Mo-Cap being used to substitute terrible screenplay and scripting. CG has it's place but it is so often over used in movies. I firmly believe CG which will NEVER supercede actual miniture models, matte painting, motion control and optical effects (that were pioneered by ILM for the New Hope etc).

Rant over :)
    gmonkey76SumoLego
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,531
    I'm with B0SSK on this one. While Lucas always intended there to be more movies (before and after) Darth Vader went from a bad ass in the original movies to being a whining little brat in the prequels. That and the Force being caused by parasites in the body wrecked the prequels for me. 

SumoLego
  • BACbrixBACbrix AmericaMember Posts: 655
    See I simply prefer newer movies because of the quality. Honestly the plot line was ehhhh for the newer three but the quality (especially blu ray) is phenomenal compared to the wonky lightsaber duels and the grainy audio. But all in all if we get one more Han Solo or redone Luke and Leia I will cry. Good thing there is a new movie because the originality is being depleted from the sets.
    edited June 2015
    @B0SSK I don't refute those points at all about the PT's weaknesses, all very true and valid.

My point was more so about the fact that Star Wars is bigger than just the Original Trilogy, with the obvious PT being just outside of that first ring, along with the Clone Wars and Rebels on the fringes. So it's kind of a broad stroke to dismiss all else outside of the OT as if it's not part of the whole or not good enough to stand shoulder to shoulder with it. I'm not trying to persuade you the rest is good (Clone Wars series was excellent in IMO, way better than the PT even), just curious as to the reason for not being open to the rest of the saga. There are many folks of this opinion, so you are certainly not the minority.

So it just got me to wondering how you view the new Trilogy that is about to be unleashed. Are you already against it solely by principal that the OT is the only part that counts?

As for my view on it, so long as it's canon, I'm hungry for more Star Wars. Regardless of medium, era, characters or even quality. I'm not perfectly satisfied by the PT, but I'm happy it exists and that it was still about Anakin/Vader (as opposed to go way back further in timeline to say Old Republic days). Not as impressed by Rebels as I was by Clone Wars, but still it's new material with Season 2 starting this weekend so happy to see more of it.
    SumoLego
    Good discussion here guys. I think I am just showing my age (mid 40s) but I just think the new hope, empire, and return of the jedi were so perfect ( and that is most likely because I grew up with these movies) that any prequels or sequels will have a tough act to follow.   I am however really looking forward to the next instalment, and the teaser trailers looks awesome. :)
    ^I'm not far behind you on the count of elapsed stardates. I grew up with the twin suns of Tatooine over the horizon and Ewoks playing the bongos too. It strongly shaped my views and childhood growing up. And considering how much I love it to this day, it's hard for me to understand how others who seem to love it equally are staunchly opposed or refuse to embrace new parts of the saga.

It's kinda like my view on being a comics fan, it would be a disservice to me to dislike either Marvel or DC, as they are all essential parts of the same. The best thing is to embrace it all so that these things can fulfill their existential purpose of simply entertaining us.

And I too am counting down the days to Ep. VII. JJ has a chance at redemption from the looks of the trailers so far.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,565
    edited June 2015
    It's a difficult thing to try and generate a very specific back story to an iconic character. I think it was necessary for Anakin to be a petulant but non-compliant brat in order for the turn to the dark side to make sense. If they portrayed him as Captain America, then a heel turn would have been completely incoherent. I don't think anyone criticizes the turn in Episode III. He was clearly driven by fear and was the one thing they actually got right. He ends up being an a-hole and 100% a dick. That said, the Darth Vader-Frankenstein scene is just the worst. I actually gasped in the theatre at how awful and horrible that scene played out. To hear Darth Vader say the word 'Padme' can never be reconciled. He should have had a Lurtz moment and force choked everyone to death in the room. I wholeheartedly agree with the over-CGI'ing of the prequels. There is a certain lived-in feel to the original films that gives them credibility. The prequels feel like they are trying too hard, and there is CGI for the sake of CGI.
    edited June 2015
    Apparently, I can't make new paragraphs in my post. Awesome.
  • MissKittyFantasticoMissKittyFantastico AustraliaMember Posts: 197
    edited June 2015
    If nothing else, the prequel trilogy did give us Lego Star Wars - that's got to be worth a few points. I find it hard to feel that much rancour (heh, rancor) at the prequels, really. Episode III bugs me the worst - Phantom Menace was without a doubt dumber, but I still felt it had its heart in the right place, even while it did everything else wrong, whereas Sith IMO was just a tired, brutish mess with pretentions of drama. Can't really think of an Ep3 set I'm fond of, now that I say that - the ARC-170 perhaps, but that's kind of getting a free pass as part of the X-Wing design lineage. Whereas I genuinely like the set of the frickin' Bongo, so Ep1 must have done something right to generate affection even for a vehicle that only appeared in one truly dumb sequence (although "summon bigger fish" redeems it). The OT special editions irritate me far more - I'm on board with the fixing of technical flaws, even the CGI X-Wings over the Death Star weren't too bad, putting the windows into Cloud City actually improved it in my eyes, but Jabba showing up in the docking bay, and shoehorning Hayden into Jedi... no, guys, just no. (I don't say that against Hayden, it bears saying - plenty of very credible actors would've looked just as bad saddled with the script and direction he had to work with. But once they'd frelled up prequel-Anakin, they should've had the common sense to just sweep it under the carpet and leave Sebastian Shaw where he was.) Still, the trilogy is what it is; I don't mind taking what's good (or at least what I have affection for, even if it's not) and ignoring the rest. My 'personal' Star Wars canon is eclectic enough already - which just this minute reminded me out of nowhere of Kligson and Droid World, and dammit Lego Cyborg's bionic eye is on the wrong side to use to make a Kligson. Totally building a Droid World scene some time. I'm looking forward to Ep7. I started out willing to see what they did - I'm a big Trekkie and JJ did alright with me on his Trek movies (not brilliant, and less so Into Darkness, but I walked out of the cinema after seeing the first one pretty darned happy), so whether he was going to knock it out of the park or not, I had faith that the man can make a movie that works. Then I found out that that little CGI ball droid that I gave an "Eh, whatever" sigh at in the first teaser was actually a functional physical prop, and... guys, c'mere, I want to hug you all. I liked what I saw in the next trailer as well, but really, that droid is what's got me excited, just for what not taking the easy road and CG'ing it says about the filmmakers. (Edited to add: that post did have paragraphs when I wrote it, not sure what happened there. Oh well, sorry about the big wall o' text.)
    SumoLegoBrickDancerchuckpTheBigLegoski
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    My 'personal' Star Wars canon is eclectic enough already - which just this minute reminded me out of nowhere of Kligson and Droid World, and dammit Lego Cyborg's bionic eye is on the wrong side to use to make a Kligson. Totally building a Droid World scene some time.
    Droid World! I still have the storybook with record and it plays great on my old Fisher-Price record player. I played it for my son not too long ago and he thought it was pretty cool. The end always made me sad as a kid:

"I have won, but at what price? My world is in ruins. Look at this terrible waste. Half the population is destroyed. My friends have slaughtered one another. Artoo and Threepio, you are free to go. You are fortunate you have a home to return to."

I agree with the idea of a "personal canon" and it defining what does and does not feel like the "real" Star Wars. Obviously, a lot of this has to do with what I was exposed to as a young child or teenager (early 80s through mid 90s), so I'm biased toward the original trilogy, the Droids cartoon and Ewoks live-action movies, the early books (Zahn trilogy, Jedi Academy, and the short story collections), video games like X-Wing and TIE Fighter, and even activity books where Ree Yees had a recipe for cookies and similar nonsense. All of this was based on, or derived from, the original trilogy, so that is what Star Wars is to me. The newer, more "shiny" stuff like the prequel trilogy, Clone Wars, modern video games, etc., just feels different to me. And because I wasn't in my formative years when I first experienced it, its roots aren't in my brain.
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,848
    edited June 2015
    My opinion of the prequels is fairly mixed. Obviously, I acknowledge some of the flaws like poor acting. At the same time, I feel like some of the criticisms miss the mark.

For instance, I've seen a lot of people criticize Episode I for being too lighthearted (what with presenting Anakin as a precocious kid, introducing Jar-Jar as a pure comic-relief character, etc), but in my opinion it makes sense from a narrative standpoint for it to be lighthearted, because it's supposed to depict a more innocent age of the galaxy, not the jaded galaxy shown in the original trilogy.

I've seen claims that the original Star Wars was an allegory for its time, specifically US involvement in Vietnam (which George Lucas disapproved of). In that case, Episode I, 32 years earlier, represents a much more optimistic time, before the United States became so jaded and distrustful of its own government and values.

This is reflected by some of the designs of the film, like the streamlined, chrome Naboo fleet (which echo the automotive designs of Raymond Loewy), as well as its values. Jar-Jar's slapstick antics can be compared to The Three Stooges, and Anakin's precociousness can be compared to the aww-shucks portrayals of boyhood in shows like Lassie.

If the series had in fact been shot sequentially, starting with Episode I and proceeding in order, then the narrative of beginning with childlike optimism, proceeding to young adult angst in Episodes II and III, and finally reaching genuine maturity in the original trilogy, might not have been questioned nearly so much.

That is not to say everything about the prequels fits narratively with the rest of the series. Critics do have a point that people who see the original trilogy before the prequels will already have a pretty solid idea of what's going to happen, and people who see the prequels before the original trilogy will have several of the big surprises (like Darth Vader being Luke's father, Master Yoda being a little green alien, and Luke having a sister) spoiled for them.

These are valid criticisms, and perhaps expose the folly of trying to make ANY prequel fit seamlessly into a narrative like this. George Lucas planning to make Star Wars more than a sequential trilogy was incredibly ambitious, and I doubt he had the foresight to realize all the obstacles that would arise, from special effects dissonance to the question of what order to view the series in. But I think when it comes to tone, the prequels were more on-point than many people realize.

SumoLegoBrickDancerTheBigLegoskiGoldchainscatwrangler
    Excellent point with regard to the concept of a prequel. I think the further point is that because these prequels involve all of the main characters, it makes it exponentially more difficult to seamlessly integrate without ruining the charm of the original films.

As comparison, the Hobbit films are prequel-ish, but don't involve all of the main characters of the original trilogy and explores a sufficiently different story. Jackson did a great job of integrating those trilogies.
    New characters that has to be done for the Star Wars Rebels series: Ketsu and Quarrie
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,410
    ^
    Totally!
    SW Rebels:
    Ketsu Onyo looks very cool.
    I definitely want to see this chacarter as a minifig. I wonder how they would print that crew cut air onto her head, and if they would give her pinkish, purple eyes (the Hera minifig actually has green eyes; very nice IMO). Or maybe give her a 'scalp' head/hair piece, similar to that grandpa and Shakespeare CMF's (with out the hair on the back), as well as back printing on the head, since she has all these tattoos there. A helmet with the soft oxygen tubes similar to the TFA Tie-Fighter pilots.

I would also like a new Sabine with arm printing, updated hair colours, and a more tousled hairpiece mould. Her current one does not match her looks that well.

Hondo Ohnaka

Quarrie the Mon Calamari engineer/shipbuilder

Cikatro Vizago

Ahsoka (but without that manga style Clone Wars minifig face)

SW OT:
    Lobot (with  proper headgear, not just something printed on his head, but an actual cranium console thingie you attach to his minifig head)

Lando Calrissian in Bespin outfit.

SW PT:
    I would like to get some Neimoidian minifigs, I have all these battle droid minifigs but no Neimoidians who they are supposed to serve and fight for. Also Padme is not in any current set.  
    wardm
    ^
    Totally!
    SW Rebels:
    Ketsu Onyo looks very cool.
    I definitely want to see this chacarter as a minifig. I wonder how they would print that crew cut air onto her head, and if they would give her pinkish, purple eyes (the Hera minifig actually has green eyes; very nice IMO). Or maybe give her a 'scalp' head/hair piece, similar to that grandpa and Shakespeare CMF's (with out the hair on the back), as well as back printing on the head, since she has all these tattoos there. A helmet with the soft oxygen tubes similar to the TFA Tie-Fighter pilots.

I would also like a new Sabine with arm printing, updated hair colours, and a more tousled hairpiece mould. Her current one does not match her looks that well.

Hondo Ohnaka

Quarrie the Mon Calamari engineer/shipbuilder

Cikatro Vizago

Ahsoka (but without that manga style Clone Wars minifig face)

SW OT:
    Lobot (with  proper headgear, not just something printed on his head, but an actual cranium console thingie you attach to his minifig head)

Lando Calrissian in Bespin outfit.

SW PT:
    I would like to get some Neimoidian minifigs, I have all these battle droid minifigs but no Neimoidians who they are supposed to serve and fight for. Also Padme is not in any current set.  
    completely agree on all of your opinions. I was thinking about the purple eyes too! :)
    TheBigLegoski
  • BrickgenesisBrickgenesis Member Posts: 8
    I'd be up for a movie version of Aayla Secura.
    wardmTheBigLegoski
    I'd be up for a movie version of Aayla Secura.
    Yes please! 

@Brickgenesis I really hope we get one in the new turbo tank! 

Also ...
    maybe we'll get a new Rex, Wolffe and (our first!) Gregor minifig for the rebels season 2? A new and better hondo onaka would be great too! and lego ABSOLUTELY can't miss the older Ahsoka version.... 
    rex will be coming! they HAVE to include the other two clones. I really hope they add Ahsoka and the two new inquisitors to the vader's tie or rex at-te.... (both are filed under rebels)
    TheBigLegoski
    ^
    I hope so.
    B.t.w. when will season 2 continue? Or were there only 10 episodes?
  • MattPetersenMattPetersen Florida, USAMember Posts: 282
    Ashoka Tano as seen in Star Wars Rebels.
    would love a new version of her. 
    wardmkiki180703

@TheBigLegoski there will be only one episode in january (the 20th of jan) and it will be called A Princess on Lothal, could be Leia, what do you think? 
    TheBigLegoski
  • OrmskirkBricksOrmskirkBricks England, UKMember Posts: 265
    Well, I'd love to see these large sets;

1) new, proper rancor pit (with the trap door!)
    2) Endor scene with AT-ST/Shield Generator Entrance door, scenery.
    3) Deathstar hanger..shinny black floor!
    wardmkiki180703flord[Deleted User]

@OrmskirkBricks and what minifigs would you like to go with those sets? 
    edited January 2016
    @wardm
    Thanks for the tip! Looking forward to new episodes of SW-R. Yeah I saw a still from that episode somewhere featuring Princess Leia.
    Which perhaps also means some SW-R set in the future with her in it!?!

Just found a clip from that episode too:
    http://www.starwars.com/video/star-wars-rebels-princess-leia-arrives
    wardm

@TheBigLegoski  
    thanks for the link! Hadn't seen it yet!
    Vader's Tie won't include Ahsoka, but Vader, Sabine, A-wing pilot and an imperial officer... Can't wait for the prelim images of Rex's AT-TE..
    TheBigLegoskikiki180703
    @wardm
    How curious to include an A-wing pilot in Darth Vader's Tie-Advanced x1, don't you think?!
    Still, it is a set I might very well like to have. After all it is both one of the classic SW vehicles as well as an epic star-fighter. I hope Sabine comes with her helmet and is an updated version of her, with season 2 printing, and if not a better newly moulded more tousled hairpiece, at least in the latest colour she dyed her hair (turquoise with purple highlights).

I wonder if that AT-TE will include one of those giant worms they were hunting, and a bunch of cloth sheets Rex, Wolfie and the other guy (forgot his name) attached on top of their mobile home as protection against the sun. Looking forward to to see pics of that set.

I hope TLG will put Ahsoka in some set too.
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 705
    Judging by the prices on Bricklink, Cloud City Luke Skywalker and Lando Calsrissian could stand to be re-made.
    wardmSumoLego
  • Upsidedown98Upsidedown98 Chesterfield, UKMember Posts: 17
    @wardm
    How curious to include an A-wing pilot in Darth Vader's Tie-Advanced x1, don't you think?!
    It contains an A-Wing.
    wardm
    edited January 2016
    ^
    But, but, but.....
    What kind a set is it then? Usually SW Lego sets (most of them) are just one particular vehicle:
    -Darth Vader's Tie-Advanced x1 prototype
    -A-wing Fighter
    or something like that. So you have info that this is actually a set with both spaceships in it?
    Now I really want to see pics. of it.
    I don't know if this is a good thing though?!? Maybe I rather just buy a set that is just one vehicle. Look at the design and merits of each individual ship, and either buy it or not. Also if you want to buy two A-Wings you are not stuck with an extra Tie-Advanced, and the extra money such a set will cost because it has both ships etc.
    Anyway I will just have to wait and see.
  • Upsidedown98Upsidedown98 Chesterfield, UKMember Posts: 17
    edited January 2016
    It's a TIE Advanced, an A-Wing and 4 minifigs, to tie in with the second half of Star Wars: Rebels season 2.
    @TheBigLegoski
    http://imgur.com/a/HhYEm 
    Here you have pics! :) @CM4S posted it in the "general star wars discussion"

• ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    wardm said:
    @TheBigLegoski
    http://imgur.com/a/HhYEm 
    Here you have pics! :) @CM4S posted it in the "general star wars discussion"
    Here's a fixed link, for some reason yours didn't work for me: https://imgur.com/a/HhYEm

^
    Thanks @wardm & @ricecake@Upsidedown98  for the info.

That Tie-Advanced vs. A-wing set looks really great!

I am so far behind on lots of topics here on the forum, I not only need to do a lot of backlogging on sets I still to build, but lately also on many threads I still to read etc.

@TheBigLegoski happy to help! haha I got the same feeling... it's hard to (re)find a thread when you didn't comment on it or saved it too...
    Now we still need a 7th sister for rebels... 
    And I really hope they won't make 'old luke' an exclusive sdcc minifig! (He'll probably come out in a later set, but people will be spending huge amounts of money on this one anyway) 
    @wardm 
    I like the 7th sister inquisitor as a character better then the 5th brother. He is a really cool minifig, I hope TLG will make a 7th sister minifig too. Would be nice to have minifigs of all the Inquisitors from 'Rebels'.
    wardm
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited May 2016
    I did like a Nien Nunb.

Battlefront-like, molded head piece.

Huehuehue

- New feature, you press the head like the light-up lightsaber figures, he laughs instead, huehuehue
    bobabricks
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,839
    edited May 2016
    I think that the rebel trooper helmet needs to be redone. I'm sure we will see a new mold for Rogue One sets.
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,409
    New small Yoda head to fit the new baby body to go in a backpack on Dagobah Luke.
    SumoLegocatwrangler[Deleted User]wardmkiki180703Goldchains
  • sir_Bricksalotsir_Bricksalot UKMember Posts: 110
    I'd be psyched if they did a Mas Amedda - not really sure how they would fit him into a set with any kid appeal and he'd definitely need a few new molds.

Remake of Lando would be high up on my list too - either cloud city style or his general garb from ROTJ.
    wardm
    @sir_Bricksalot in the brickset article about "what's missing in ROTS" there's been made a great suggestion to include Mas Amedda! I can really recommend reading those articles, as they give a good image on what's made and what should still be made an official set..
    sir_Bricksalotkiki180703