Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's Your Discount Purchase Point?

ChompersChompers Member Posts: 658
edited January 2012 in Buying & Selling Topics
As the sales get very close now, just wondered what your minimum discount point is before you push the buy button?

Seeing all recent offers from JL, wilkinsons & Tesco 50% will be mine on run of the mill City, SW, Technic. But what about 10xxx sets and the harder stuff to find on [email protected] Yours thoughts are appreciated .

Ooh, and good luck finding what your looking for.

Comments

• roxioroxio UKMember Posts: 1,382
    Harder stuff such as Toysrus exclusives, I wait at least for the 3for2's.
    Scored some 8091's they had recently, down to £20, then 3for2, + the £20 lego voucher.
  • ChompersChompers Member Posts: 658
    ^ yes 33% would normally be my point or 3-2 deals but in the last few weeks I have gone over to the "dark side" & ventured in to SW most of the 2011 sets have come for 50% off. Great offer on the 8091's by the way got 3-2 but not for £20!!!
  • chakinochakino Member Posts: 159
    edited December 2011
    This time last year i was just starting my rebuilding of my collection and had not found brickset. I was paying full for most of my purchases now at least 20 percent off a set i really want or 40-50 off a set i would quite like. I am needing to purchase an arc and am thinking i may need to pay close to full price for it grr. Going to try and find the ewok set as well now its half-price
  • Silber334Silber334 Member Posts: 147
    Mine is at least 30% off. I did manage to rip myself off by buying at rp once tho.
  • mr_bennmr_benn United KingdomMember Posts: 913
    I try to go for at least 20-25% off. Anything above that is a bit of a bargain, though I seem to have missed some of the more spectacular offers this Christmas (aside from some great bits out of the JL sale)...

For the Lego 10xxx exclusives - I bought the Blockade Runner on Star Wars promo day in May, and the DS on the Brick Friday sale, but for all the modulars I've always paid full price, though try to soften the blow with VIP points (should be able to fund about 50% of the upcoming Town Hall with VIP points this time round) - I'm glad that my wife doesn't quite realise just how much has had to be spent for those points to come in!
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    edited December 2011
    don't really have a firm rule, as life is about flexibility, but for sets generally available, you should be able to get 30% off if you are willing to play the long game. Some recent 50% offers around, but that's really pushing it.
    For the exclusive sets, it is much much harder. I paid full price for the Death Star, with only double VIP points and a free alien conquest minifig to ever so slightly soften the blow!