Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Those able to shop after Christmas sales...

aplbomr79aplbomr79 Member Posts: 159
edited December 2011 in Buying & Selling Topics
As we are a 'community' and there are a lot of good souls here on Brickset...

Is there any interest in purchasing sets for others ready to 'pre-buy' from the original purchaser? (I can hear LEGOTexasFan shudder all the way up here in Minnesota...)

I am not able to make it out to any LEGO stores - my next few days are chalk-full of festivities. But I do have a wish-list and will be willing to pay you a 'premium' for deeply discounted sets... by 'premium' I mean less than retail :) I am 99% positive that I will not be online during these deals - so [email protected] is not for me either.

I know that there are others out there that are in my position, please post if you are willing to purchase or have a wish list.

I am looking for a few sets - and adding 'Emerald Night', WVPost Office, Fire Station (7208) to my wishlist. If you are willing, let me know.

Comments

• atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    Where are you based, in the US?
  • CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
    I share the same dilemma as aplbomr79, but I am far away in Pakistan, so getting good deals is really like a dream come true for me. I am willing to pay shipping to my country obviously, but I wanted to know if there is anyone out there who can help me get more LEGO's at a decent enough price???
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    ^ Can you order from Barnes & Noble or Amazon uk/com/fr - they ship internationally (not sure about to pakistan) and will have good deals.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,835
    @Savage_Steel offered in a different thread to see if she could get discounted sets in the Uk and ship overseas through her shop at a reasonable rate. I'm not sure she could compete with US retail prices, but she should be able to have a good go at Pakistan.
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    Yep, happy to help if you let me know in advance. If I've bought stock for my store, that's for profiting on, but happy to get extra at the time and ship for what it cost me. I like to spread the lego love. Sets cost more in the UK but I suspect shipping is less (on less than 2kg)
  • BTHodgemanBTHodgeman Member Posts: 622
    @Aplbomr79 - i think we live reasonably close to each other (Blaine, MN here).

No guarantees i will be able to get any of the online deals, but I do plan to hit up the MOA LEGO store first thing Monday am...

Do you have a wish list?

Brent

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,291
    aplbomr79 is in the US
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    I share the same dilemma as aplbomr79, but I am far away in Pakistan, so getting good deals is really like a dream come true for me. I am willing to pay shipping to my country obviously, but I wanted to know if there is anyone out there who can help me get more LEGO's at a decent enough price???
    Barnes & Nobles is a U.S. retailer that ships LEGO to Pakistan. And their international shipping rates are very, very reasonable.
  • aplbomr79aplbomr79 Member Posts: 159
    @BTHodgeman - yeah, we live close enough. I am looking for Emerald Night - I know that is a tall order...

I am also looking for any heavily discounted Kingdoms sets (50% off or more) and the
    7208 Fire Station (I can find it less than $70 normally, so anything less than that).
    @aplbomr79 - I will see if I can find anything.

Brent
    Wow you guys!!!! Thanks a lot for hearing me out :) And I have been really sad since two weeks now seeing such amazing offers and deals coming and going. And believe me the trouble I have to go through to get LEGO is such a pain. And not having direct access to Paypal sometimes makes me feel like jumping out the balcony, good thing I live on the ground floor :D

Amazon does not ship LEGO to Pakistan, and it won't for next 3 years or more. Ebay is expensive and literally had to beg sellers to trust me. My last big purchase was the Troll Fortress from an Ebay auction (100 USD with shipping to Pakistan, my 8 year old still labels me Super Dad for it). A customer in India told me the same thing about Barnes & Noble, though we have to be quite vigilante to grab deals from B&N so I want to try it yes so thank you @Si_Dorking_Surrey and @Ma1234 for the heads up.

@Savage_Steel, could you message me prices for the Friends sets. I am interested to get all the smaller sets right now IF possible. And I did check shipping from UK but RoyalPost is surprising, ParcelPost is shocking, so no idea about shipping from UK, so do help me with this :) Oh and how can I forget CMF Series 6. But I have a wish list in that so could you help me in that as well?

But as patience is a virtue, I have managed to get my hands on following stuff which will arrive in 15 days:

LEGO Super Heroes (2 of each set released except those ugly Batman, Joker and Green Lanturn models)
    LEGO City (everything except the Fire Police Station, Dog Van, and all those yucky Fire sub theme)

Thank you SO much you guys for sharing the LEGO love with me :) God bless you all!!
    Hi,
    the prices for the friends sets can be found here: http://www.johnlewis.com/Search/Search.aspx?SearchTerm=lego+friends
    I doubt there'll be any discounts on those for a while. So you might want to wait for a bit, but up to you.
    CMFs are £2. I might be able to get them for a bit less.
    Parcel force can be expensive. but small parcels (less than 2kg and 90cm over LxWxH can be sent airmail, which is from £2.07 - 1kg is £12.03.
    Slower is surface mail is about a third or more less (1-2 months though!)
    Hello @Savage_Steel, thanks for the price link :)
    Well my I saw something a few weeks back with LEGO. The City Car and Caravan set had a price of $19.99 at [email protected], at TRU it was a bit higher as expected. BUT all of a sudden the item goes out of stock at [email protected], and TRUs price and stock remained as it is. And now the price of this set is set high on [email protected] as well. Maybe I am lost somewhere.

So I really don't want to sit and wait and see prices going higher as people begin to buy more easily. So what is your advice on the Friends theme sets?

For CMF Series 6, have you bought some for your store/stock and have any extra's you can sell to me? I know this is a bit much to ask as prices go up with mini figures, so I thought to ask you if you could sell me the spares you might have? Let me know please.

I've bought some for my store and felt them to ID them - so they're marked up at £3 on my bricklink store for the effort of feeling them! But if you just want a random batch I can do them for £2 happily. I have a few S5 left over as well that are ID for £2 if you're interested?
    I don't think the caravan is in the UK yet, or if it is, it's only just out. The price won't go up, but the non exclusives tend to eventually get a decent discount on amazon or somewhere. You know, I *think* john lewis will ship world wide. Let me check
    Omg omg omg! I cannot believe my eyes. And I have to share this with you guys. I went over to Barnes & Noble being so curious to see their shipping charges for my country and was actually shocked to see Internation Priority Mail to me for USD 16 only!!! How is this possible??? I never paid this low for a set like 8547 Mindstorms NXT 2.0 Is there a catch to this? Suddenly I am so mad at people who send me stuff using the same service for so much more :( Sorry for the outburst friends.
    Yay! that's great for you! :) Company's will get a discount and charge you a flat charge. a bricklinker has to pay by weight and/or size, so small sets will cost less, larger ones more.
    Sorry, JL does ship internationally, but not to Pakinstan.
    For anyone else interested:
    http://www.johnlewis.com/Help/Help.aspx?HelpId=55&intcmp=HP_header_international_241211

Europe is about £7.50, Oz is £25 - flat charges. Worth knowing for future sales Oz and NZ folks - they do some good 50% off sales.
    Yeah I know its great for me :) Thanks to all of your guys really. Now B&N will be in my list of hunting :P Well lets not worry about JL not shipping to Pakistan. I will work on the Friends theme and let you know when I need anything and you can ship it to me. We need to discuss the mode of payment now :)

I am checking your store on BL right now to look at the CMF 6 you have with you. Might make an offer to you :)
  • johnsbricksjohnsbricks Member Posts: 210
    @coolsplash is that what has come up as the delivery charge? I thought that BN charge by weight as well as additional handling charges for oversized items on int delivery items.
    @johnsbricks, yep, it came up as that which was very surprising to me. And I rechecked it with other big sets, same shipping charges. I need to confirm this. Where from @johnsbricks?

@BTHodgeman - yeah, we live close enough. I am looking for Emerald Night - I know that is a tall order...

I am also looking for any heavily discounted Kingdoms sets (50% off or more) and the
    7208 Fire Station (I can find it less than $70 normally, so anything less than that).
    The MOA store had none of the above available. I checked a few Walmarts, and they had some heavily-discounted sets (50+%), but none of the sets above.

Sorry!
    Brent
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 674
    If anybody could cost+ship an Alien Conquest HQ at 50% off, I'd love you forever. No AC sets at all at any of the stores near me.
  • aplbomr79aplbomr79 Member Posts: 159
    Well, after all the dust has settled, the after Christmas sales were very sub-par. I was able to get out in the waning hours of 12/26 - and there was nothing but bare shelves of LEGO that was stocked with KREO, MB, and other crap.

Thanks to Brent for looking out for me - maybe next time. Let me know if you ever need a quick look at the western edge of Minnesota - were are usually the last to receive - but the last to hold onto some good LEGO finds.