Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Recording your own set info

stustaffstustaff ukMember Posts: 50
How do you all do it?

i THINk I just want to capture the following info, set No, name, pieces it should have as a number, pieces I am missing as individual parts, location(in my house), condition.

is there anything else anyone recommends?

im assuming excel? Using data from here as a start?

Comments

• GalactusGalactus NLMember Posts: 260
    I suggest you use the ACM (Advanced Collection Manager) here on Brickset.
    thenosMathias
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,617

not sure I understand, but rebrickable.com let you know which pieces you miss to build a model.

• stustaffstustaff ukMember Posts: 50
    Ok I took a look at ACM and I may be missing it but where can I record a missing part? Eg I have #4439 but I have two rotor blades missing.

i want to be able to record that then at some point output a list of all my missing parts and the model they are from so I can order them.
    edited June 2015
    Ok so on further messing I can click on parts and see a parts list, How do I change a part to say I'm missing it?
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,617
    looks like you can add parts to your wanted list on bricklink
    Thanks fauch that was going to be my final step to then get parts, I was more looking if it was possible to record missing parts with the sets on here or elsewhere.
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,308
    edited June 2015
    I used to just do it in the notes section of the ACM, but I guess it would depend on how many missing parts you have in a given set.  if there's another way to do it on Brickset, I don't know of it.  I have now moved to creating a wishlist on Brickowl instead, much easier and better laid out for me than notes, although my ACM note may now say "missing parts, check Brickowl" or something like that. 
    Thanks, Yeh looks like it's not going to work in brickset so ill export to excel and then add all missing parts.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 7,029
    It's not possible to indicate which parts of a set you are missing, and until our inventories are 100% accurate it doesn't make sense to add the feature.

Thanks huw, and that's a fair point. 
    Im also guessing the need isn't massive as most people will in the short to medium term replace the part so as to be complete anyway!

excel it is :)