Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

5004590 Bat-Pod contest starts today

chibhawkchibhawk USAMember Posts: 17
Hi everyone,

First time, long time.
Just a reminded that today through the end of the month starts the possibility of winning the unavailable to purchase Bat-Pod. Details of what to do are on the back of the June calendar. http://stores.lego.com/
VIP members only. I'm going to email each day rather than make a DC SH purchase.
Good luck!
Poochygoshe7scrapd

Comments

• SolariousSolarious Kalamazoo, MI, USAMember Posts: 317
    Heavy disappointment starts in 30 days
    DrmnezOmastarchuckpbobabricksMrMonsieurGreenTazakk
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,738
    I hear you.  I really want one of those!
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 725
    I'll settle for just the instructions.
    Farmer_JohnbobabricksMrMonsieurGreen
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,615
    Today I bought a Batman Key Chain; fingers crossed. I really hope none of these land in the hands of sellers; I want people to win who are actual hard core Batman fans or who will proudly display it. I have a space waiting for it next to my UCS Tumbler :)

I don't plan to buy it for more than £60-75. If not I will design my own :)
    obi_gVindic8ed
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,874
    For the price these will go for, hard core collectors can be turned into sellers very easily.
    drdavewatfordpharmjodOmastarSethro3
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,269
    edited June 2015
    Ugh, Im a bit tired of hearing how stuff does not land in the hands of the sellers.
    At least it would be someone that would allow someone else who cannot otherwise have a chance to win it to get an official one. Now if a reseller managed to land more than one it would be disheartening, but considering it will likely be only a matter of time before LEGO puts up instructions for it (or someone who wins one does) then people will be able to build it anyway.

I also find it a bit interesting that someone would say I hope it does not land in the hands of sellers but then makes a remark they would only pay X for one.. sounds a bit contradictory doesn't it (if I'm reading the remark correctly)?

Lind_WhispererTXLegoguyprevereOmastarjamiestTheLoneTensor
  • bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
    How do you enter via email on this one?  Is it US only to enter via email as Europe seems to be purchase only to enter?
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    ^ According to the back of the June calendar I downloaded from [email protected] US, you email "[email protected]" with your name, VIP number, and "Bat-Pod" in the subject line.  Not sure about outside of the US.

bendybadgerthenos
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,654
    ^Yes, the email is US only. Has to do with 'no purchase necessary to enter' laws to circumvent gambling restrictions or something along those lines.
    bendybadger
  • bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
    Thanks @Poochy and @Bumblepants.  Will just have to make a purchase then.
  • leetshoeleetshoe USAMember Posts: 252
    This gives me an excuse to buy the tumbler
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,641
    Who wants to start a guessing game, how much will these go for?
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,787
    I'll settle for just the instructions.

I have heard that after the contest is over and every winner receives their set, the instructions will be available via customer service on request.
    Pitfall69GothamConstructionCoAdzbadboypharmjodFarmer_JohnOmastarchuckp
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    @SMC I'll go with ~$300 by 1 month after the last one is handed out.
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,143
    My intention is to buy the Tumbler on Friday to get the Winter Soldier and an entry, along with e-mailing every day. 

I'm hoping for one, but since the contest seems pretty popular so far, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Also, in the fine print, did anyone notice that there can only be 75 winners from one state?
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,654
    ^Really? I am moving to North Dakota then.
    JennipharmjodSumoLegoOmastarbobabricks
  • CupIsHalfEmptyCupIsHalfEmpty CanadaMember Posts: 547
    http://shop.lego.com/en-CA/Bat-Pod

Open to US and Canada (Excludes Quebec), anybody who's eligible can enter by email. 
  • Lind_WhispererLind_Whisperer ZotaxMember Posts: 65
    edited June 2015
    If I win, I'm afraid I'll probably be selling it to someone who can appreciate it more than I can - my current LEGO budget is painfully small, and could really use the infusion...
    Ronyar
  • LusiferSamLusiferSam MontanaMember Posts: 470
    Solarious said:
    Heavy disappointment starts in 30 days
    You mean 60 days.  The winners won't be drawn until July 30th.

I'll make a few purchases because I've been holding off on the Superhero stuff since I heard about this.  I'll mostly be sending emails.
  • DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 851
    I hope they give out the batpod at sdcc too to open up the availability of these
    Do key chains count towards entry?
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,356
    ^Yes
    Awesome! cuz they just released four key chains i want.
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,138
    Thanks for the reminder. Remote chance at winning, but at least it's a chance.
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,836
    edited June 2015
    I bought #76025 today without a thought to get a purchase entry but now I don't want it so I might trade it in for some train tracks. ;)
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    http://shop.lego.com/en-CA/Bat-Pod

Open to US and Canada (Excludes Quebec), anybody who's eligible can enter by email. 
    It also says that residents of Rhode Island cannot gain an entry at a Lego Store, only by internet.  I also saw the "75 per state/province" disclaimer. 

Also, it states to put Bat-Pod in the subject line, and to give your full name, e-mail address, home address, date of birth and VIP number in the e-mail.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,787
    I think the store calendar only says to include your name and VIP number and put Bat-Pod as the subject. That's what I did on my first email.
    Sethro3
    Yeah, I'm not sure if it really matters, I was just going by the official rules on lego.com 
    Poochy
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    ^ Thanks for pointing that out.  I only included the minimum info on my first email, but will include everything from now on (just to be on the safe side).
  • sunny7sunny7 Member Posts: 2
    Sending an email isn't available for Europe ?
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,641
    Drmnez said:
    I hope they give out the batpod at sdcc too to open up the availability of these

Yeah another 500 would be a good thing for the price, but I guess I will just bricklink the parts anyway.

...Only to increase DC Comics sets sales! BOO!
    johnhenz
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,085
    ^Why would Lego do it for any other reason? They are not a charity.
    madforLEGOBumblepants
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,143
    Personally I don't like many of the super hero sets that Lego has on offer. I definitely prefer more of the Marvel ones over the DC ones.

That being said, this at least gives me an excuse to pull the trigger on the Tumbler. I love that vehicle and also love the fact I can get Heath Ledger's Joker in minifigure form. Plus I get the Winter Soldier with it, and the entry, so it's a win-win. 

I may grab a Batman or Joker keychain when I go back for the Star Wars poster on the 22nd as another entry, but for the most part it will be e-mail only.
  • MrMonsieurGreenMrMonsieurGreen Member Posts: 15
    Now I got a quick question for you all, if you did win it, would you open it?

For me I wouldn't know what to do. Given that it is so rare I would keep it in its box.
    If I won, I'd open it, scan the instructions to post here, Bricklink the parts to have one and then sell it for the going market rate (unless then sneak in unique parts!).
    GothamConstructionCopharmjod
    ^^If BrickLinking one wasn't possible or quite difficult to pull together, then yes I would open and build it. My happiness is more important than a few dollars.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,356
    I would most likely sell it if I won it and use the money to buy sets that I am more interested in.
    RonyarGoldchains
    edited June 2015
    I would totally open it. I love the super heroes. Mostly mf, a few of the sets. Realistically, I am not going to ever sell it. All my other exclusive mf/sets will never be sold either. I would love to add the bat pod to that part of my collection
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    sunny7 said:
    Sending an email isn't available for Europe ?
    In the United States it is the law that they have to offer no-purchase entries; otherwise it would not be an option in the U.S. either. 
    Is anyone else getting error messages when emailing the entry to '[email protected]'?

Leveringen til følgende modtagere eller grupper mislykkedes:

[email protected] ([email protected])
    Der er et problem med modtagerens postkasse. Prøv at sende meddelelsen igen. Kontakt helpdesk, hvis problemet fortsætter.
    Diagnosticeringsoplysninger for administratorer: Opretter server: europe.lego.com [email protected]
    #554 5.2.0 STOREDRV.Deliver.Exception:ObjectNotFoundException; Failed to process message due to a permanent exception with message The Active Directory user wasn't found. ObjectNotFoundException: The Active Directory user wasn't found. ##

bobabricks
  • scrapdscrapd Member Posts: 16

Yes, I just got that message.

Keep in mind: If you open it while planning to sell it, that will severely affect how much you can sell it for.
  • BlueMoonUSABlueMoonUSA Member Posts: 116
    ^^  Just got that message too. Wonder what the dealio is...automatic winners are we? :smiley: 
  • scrapdscrapd Member Posts: 16
    Lego's standard technical excellence.
    SumoLegoBrickDancerMrMonsieurGreenAdzbadboybobabricksCapnRex101
    Keep in mind: If you open it while planning to sell it, that will severely affect how much you can sell it for.

Affect -yes. Severely - no.  Since this is so limited, prices will be fairly close new or used. On Bricklink, #41999 new is $337 and used is running  $275.00 which I would not call "severe". If you just open the box and not the parts bags, it's still "New" and "Complete".
  • karmajaykarmajay NCMember Posts: 38
    Just sent an email and did NOT get an error message. Glad they are allowing email entries. The Tumbler is the only DC set I would think about purchasing!
    ecmo47 said:

Affect -yes. Severely - no.  Since this is so limited, prices will be fairly close new or used. On Bricklink, #41999 new is $337 and used is running  $275.00 which I would not call "severe". If you just open the box and not the parts bags, it's still "New" and "Complete".
    That's still $62 difference. Not everyone has a huge budget. Also, #41999 is very niche compared to the immensely popular Nolan Batman films.
    I will probably not open it(unless no one else scans the instructions, then I probably will-of course I would then have to build it at least once), but do the same as Pitfall and sell it/trade it for sets I would rather have(which would be many I would think). 
    Marcos Bessa is the designer of the Bat-Pod #5004590

Only 1000 copies in total are being released! Most of problay know that the number '28' is is an important number for Marcos and this is the 28th set he has designed :)

http://marcosbessa28.wix.com/vintoito#!lego/ctd5