Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Edible LEGO!

BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,444
Not sure if this is old, but a friend just sent me the link and I'm sorely tempted to give it a go!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n3_dV-e4d9c

Comments

• JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    We started summer vacation today and this is at the top of our to do list. We first saw it yesterday.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Nice. One of the libraries where my LUG did a show had chocolate bricks out for a snack. She must have used the store-bought mould shown in the video.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,466
    The ice cube trays, despite being from LEGO do not match actual bricks very well, presumably because ice melts fairly quickly so accuracy is fairly pointless.

The video is doing the social media rounds at the minute, I was sent it first around the beginning of the week and have been sent it several times since. It's a good result that they manage though - I just think it would have been better if they gave more instruction on making your own mould.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,198
    Shib said:
    The ice cube trays, despite being from LEGO do not match actual bricks very well, presumably because ice melts fairly quickly so accuracy is fairly pointless.

The video is doing the social media rounds at the minute, I was sent it first around the beginning of the week and have been sent it several times since. It's a good result that they manage though - I just think it would have been better if they gave more instruction on making your own mould.
    We've made food safe moulds before, although not lego ones.

We used this stuff
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Silli-SIL0150-Silicone-Mould-Making/dp/B009F1K9

I think we paid about a tenner for it from a local art / craft store. You don't get much though, I dread to think what it cost to make that large mould in the video.
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,444
    Ah!
    Mods - feel free to merge / delete as appropriate.