Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

The Brickset Builders Guild - share your MOCs here!

Comments

• T77T77 Member Posts: 5
    Modular Space Station construction. Minifigure-scale (as far as possible)  :)  

I've already used an early version of it in a short stop motion animation, and hope it can be used in future films (though not yet sure in what form?  :o ).

AndorTechnicNickricecakecrazycarlGothamConstructionCoChrisbstmchuckpkhmellymelGalactus
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,354
    Small update.
    Agent 13 with better trousers and a first pass and Deathlock. I would prefer to find a head part with a bit of disfguration for Deathlock, but since there isn't one her gets a scowling Mace Windu instead.

rancorbaitAndorChrisbstmchuckpthenoskhmellymelGalactus
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    vitreolum said:
    Built for a SW cross theme contest. No cantina this time. :)) None Shall Pass!
    Very nice! Which contest btw? 
    AndorTechnicNickDaragh
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    It was a contest in my lug.
    Andor
  • klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 719
    @vitreolum You have a style that is instantly recognizable as I scroll down the MOC thread.  Actually two styles, your figures and your vignettes.  Always a pleasure to see your designs.
    Andorrancorbaitchuckp
    edited May 2015
    OK this is what happens when your brain ages.  Viewing the above I focused on the girl and saw "Dorothy."  Quick scan of the other figures read  "Tin Man" and "The Lion."  Next my internal conversation was "Heck, why does 'The Scarecrow' look like Han Solo?"
    rancorbaitchuckpAndorThe_Mad_VulcanzipsforbananasLostInTranslation
    ^So nice to see a festive scene in the Olde Castle category.
    minifignick
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,255
    klatu003 said:
    OK this is what happens when your brain ages.  Viewing the above I focused on the girl and saw "Dorothy."  Quick scan of the other figures read  "Tin Man" and "The Lion."  Next my internal conversation was "Heck, why does 'The Scarecrow' look like Han Solo?"
    and I was like, ok here are Han, Chewie and C3PO. wait, is that Leia? looks like Dorothy...
    klatu003zipsforbananas
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    Fauch said:
    klatu003 said:
    and I was like, ok here are Han, Chewie and C3PO. wait, is that Leia? looks like Dorothy...
    Me too :smiley: 
    Haha, gotta admit, Han was a bit of an afterthought; I first wanted to use jar jar (who's more fitting for the role of brainless scarecrow), hence the reason I built him a few weeks ago. But then I decided I wanted to keep them all OT, so I've replaced him with Han. Didn't have a clue how to make him both scarecrow-ish and han-ish, so I've settled for the original version... afterall Han wouldn't wear some rags. :))
    klatu003AndorElunechuckp
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,111
    Got a Cinderella's dream carriage on the cheap the other day so just noodling around with the parts.

AndorGothamConstructionCoAdzbadboyBumblepantsElunevitreolumchuckpLostInTranslationAanchir
    And another, please excuse the crappy pics, my half decent studio setup stuff is all packed up, far too late on Sunday  to be digging it out!

GothamConstructionCoAndorAdzbadboyThe_Mad_Vulcanrancorbaitricecakevitreolumchuckp
  • minifignickminifignick UKMember Posts: 107
    A few close up's from my latest build
    GothamConstructionCovitreolumrancorbaitchuckpAndorkhmellymelLostInTranslationGalactus
  • SolariousSolarious Kalamazoo, MI, USAMember Posts: 317
    ^You need a tiny micro figure Silver Surfer 

VorpalRyu
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,231
    edited May 2015
    ^ Good point, added! Will throw it on my Flickr once the new render is done. :)
    TLG needs to do a Galactus minifig.
    Galactusxiahna
  • TechnicNickTechnicNick Berkshire, UKMember Posts: 277
    It's the froggy hatstand I really like. Can't see a pitchfork anywhere! :smile: 
    plasmodium
    I'm hoping a future IB round will make people forget about the pitchfork, but with my luck the part will be a sausage or something equally memorable. :))
    zipsforbananasAndorTechnicNickEluneAdzbadboyShib
  • adventure_aladventure_al Scotland Member Posts: 243
    Work in progress (obviously) and my first proper build in about 15 years so building skills are seriously rusty. My 'lego room' isn't at home either so it's slow progress.

AndorcrazycarlchuckpvitreolumLostInTranslation
  • crazycarlcrazycarl USAMember Posts: 392
    I love that old #6086 castle.  I still have mine from my childhood.  That castle, SP Striker, and the Airport shuttle (monorail) were my 3 favorites!  Have all but the SP Striker.

vitreolumStuBoy
    Same here, I still think #6086 is the best castle ever released.
    StuBoy
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    Work in progress (obviously) and my first proper build in about 15 years so building skills are seriously rusty. My 'lego room' isn't at home either so it's slow progress.

This is the sort of build I'd love to be able to do. A big ol' castle-y diorama. It's one of those themes where there's not really a glaring difference between the classic and modern sets - the Black Falcon's Castle can sit alongside the Medieval Market Village quite happily.

I certainly don't have enough castle (even with my brother's stuff included!) to make a build quite as big or detailed as yours, but maybe when my brother grows out of/downsizes his Lego city, I can persuade him to make a small but densely detailed diorama with all our castle stuff on just half a table!
    Andor
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    Very nice as always! Is it a specific scene from Harry Potter or is it from your imagination/another movie/book and just happens to use HP minifig pieces? (I have read all the books, but a long time ago, so I can't remember much in detail!)
    plasmodiumAndor
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,615
    Character Bust

Character Bust

This creation was really random, I was building some other MOC's when I discovered this technique: using two camera/motor pieces against each other for the head.

rancorbaitChrisbstmchuckp
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,385
    @VorpalRyu - now that Galactus is pretty cool. Are all of those parts available in those colors?
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,231
    ^ I built it in standard mode, but used Extended mode to recolour parts as needed. I'm pretty sure without a lot of custom/repainted bricks, Galactus wouldn't possible, sorry... :(
    xiahna
  • GallardoLUGallardoLU USAMember Posts: 644
    VorpalRyu said:
    Been puzzling out a few EU SW Microfighters, still working on the Jedi Defender-class Cruiser/Corvette, but I think the Sith Fury-class Interceptor is as good as I'm going to get it, thought?

*snip*

that is excellent, only thing I would suggest is to fill in the gap between forward wings. otherwise that is spot on!
    Avengers - Mini S.H.I.E.L.D Helicarrier

Avengers - Mini SHIELD Helicarrier

I finally got all the parts to build my 'Mini S.H.I.E.L.D Helicarrier.' Rather than giving you the main view of the model again, I decided to show you the rear view:
    VorpalRyucrazycarlGothamConstructionCoBuriedinBrickschuckp
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    edited May 2015
    Exo-skeleton
    zipsforbananasricecakeChrisbstmAndorchuckpTechnicNick
    ^I think the minifigure choice on that really sells it, convincingly sic-fi and coordinated enough to please the eye.
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,354
    Back on the minifig MOC's again, this time 'Team Arrow' get the treatment. There are more custom sourced parts here than I normally go for but each is well worth it.

Along the front we have the main team, (left to right) Black Canary, Felicity Smoke, Arrow, Diggle, Arsenal. The big custom part here is Arsenal, there was no way of getting him without buying one, and for a few pounds I think he is excellent, the quality is outstanding.

on the middle row, right side we have Shad and Slade Wilson, note that is Wilson, not Deathstroke. Plenty of custom weapons there and a lovely dragon tattoo on Shado's arm.

The line running middle to back has Thea Queen, Malcom Merlin, Nesa and Ra's. Merlin is probably the best there.

and at the back we have a pair of random hencmen/women that fitted the theme well.

hope you enjoy.
    BrickDancerReesesPiecesBumblepantsChrisbstmkhmellymelchuckp
  • chuxtoyboxchuxtoybox Member Posts: 711
    vitreolum said:
    Iron Man vs. Thor I assume you're showing Thor from the back because you must have pulled his arms out of the sockets a bit to get that pose. I have actually been thinking about doing the same thing lately in order to achieve poses that are more realistic and action- packed. 
    Chrisbstm
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,366
    Just finished up a commission for a local grocery store to display (minus a sticker I need to make for their logo). It's below true minifig scale, but they will fit on there. Need to put together a few generic figs to fill in the sidewalk.

GothamConstructionCojason19761greenwingcrazycarlAndorGalactus
  • SolariousSolarious Kalamazoo, MI, USAMember Posts: 317
    Nice
    That looks just like a grocery store in my home town
    chuxtoybox The pose is made with rubber bands, similar to this one: https://www.flickr.com/photos/vitreolum/15534432240/

Galactus
    Avengers - Mini S.H.I.E.L.D Helicarrier (Turbine Upgrade)

Avengers - Mini SHIELD Helicarrier Turbine Upgrade
    VorpalRyuBumblepantsrancorbaitbluedragon
  • ChrisbstmChrisbstm USAMember Posts: 151
    @Adzbadboy nice, are those the turbines from that new Spider-Man set?