Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] - Looking to trade a Detective Office #10246 for an Unexpected Gathering #79003

SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,945
edited May 2015 in Marketplace

I am looking for a set of the dwarves from the Hobbit.  I am happy to trade just about anything in the currently available catalog at a reasonable rate for the minifigures.

Balin (w/cape) #LOR049

Bifur #LOR041

Bofur #LOR052

Bombur #LOR051

Dori #LOR047

Dwalin #LOR050

Fili #LOR036

Gloin #LOR055

Kili #LOR037

Nori #LOR046

Oin #LOR056

Ori #LOR045

Thorin #LOR106

And if you happen to have a Azog, Bard, Bain, Beorn, Dain, Necromancer, Radagast, Tauriel, Thranduil and Yazneg - I'd be interested in those as well.

I've got plenty of other stuff to trade as well, but let me know what you're interested in.  Thanks!

Comments

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,945
    In retrospect, my last two forum discussions could be completely misconstrued If taken out of context.
    Pitfall69Bumblepants
  • SolariousSolarious Kalamazoo, MI, USAMember Posts: 317
    I was a little disappointed to open the thread and see that it was only about Lego figs
    SumoLegoandhe
    Hey, hey - be nice!
    Bump - and a little entertainment.  Parts of Bilbo are currently missing at my house.  I regret handing over the figure to my kids last year.  Who collects LotR and Hobbit minifigures anyway?  Oh wait, suddenly I do.  
    chuckpKim_Karen
  • CommanderRaabCommanderRaab Edinburgh, ScotlandMember Posts: 647
    O!!!M!!!G!!! To think that figure is the last one i need to be collection complete, it costs $80 on bricklink, and you have one lying about in pieces! Arrrggghhhh :) I reckon there must be a Hobbit fan somewhere who bought the bluray from Target, was like "meh" with the figure and it is just sitting there gathering dust, instead of in my display shelf :/
    edited May 2015
    $80.00?!?

I just flew over to Bricklink and had a minor heart attack.  That's beyond ridiculous.

Don't tell my kids - otherwise that reward goes through the roof!

Normally, I'm right on top of the limited/special edition stuff.  I'm sure there are plenty of folks that bought the DVD and were completely ignorant of the minifigure.  I tend to pay attention and had no clue how much that figure had appreciated.  

The Legolas polybag and the Bard/Bain figures that came with the subsequent DVD releases don't seem to be anywhere near as expensive.
  • CommanderRaabCommanderRaab Edinburgh, ScotlandMember Posts: 647
    If you ever happen upon one via any dealings in the US, perhaps you could remember and let me know. There has got to be at least one Hobbit fan non-Lego fan that has this shoved in a drawer somewhere. Or even worse at a charity shop for like $5
    Absolutely.  
    CommanderRaab
    We should maintain a list of ridiculously overpriced minifigures.  Who knows what other figures are mixed in the big 'ol pile of miscellaneous parts!

I did rescue a Bee Girl from the pile a few months ago.
    SumoLego said:

I am looking for a set of the dwarves from the Hobbit.  I am happy to trade just about anything in the currently available catalog at a reasonable rate for the minifigures.

Balin (w/cape) #LOR049

Bifur #LOR041

Bofur #LOR052

Bombur #LOR051

Dori #LOR047

Dwalin #LOR050

Fili #LOR036

Gloin #LOR055

Kili #LOR037

Nori #LOR046

Oin #LOR056

Ori #LOR045

Thorin #LOR106

And if you happen to have a Azog, Bard, Bain, Beorn, Dain, Necromancer, Radagast, Tauriel, Thranduil and Yazneg - I'd be interested in those as well.

I've got plenty of other stuff to trade as well, but let me know what you're interested in.  Thanks!

Quick update.  Thank you for those that have contacted me.  Well on the way to completing my set!
    I may have to post this in a new discussion, but I would gladly trade a Detective Office #10246 for an #79003 Unexpected Gathering.  
    I am looking for either a NISB or out-of-box complete Unexpected Gathering #79003.  I am also still looking for a Thranduil, Oin and Gloin.

I have the following to offer, most are straight one-to-one, conditions noted:

Detective Office #10246 (NISB)
    Palace Cinema #10232 (Sealed Bags, no box)
    Battle of Five Armies #79017 (Sealed Bags, no box)

I'd need a bit more for:

Tower of Orthanc #10237 (Sealed Bags, no box)
    UCS B-Wing #10227 (Sealed bags, no box)
    UCS Y-Wing #10134 (NISB) (which I would need about $1000.00 of stuff in return)
    TIE Fighter Collection #10131(NISB)

edited May 2015
  • thenosthenos Twin Cities, MNMember Posts: 436
    Pm sent
    Agreed on a trade, the Detective Office is gone.

If you are interested in any of the other sets, I'm always open to trades.  Just PM me.

@CapnRex101 - Please close!
This discussion has been closed.

Shopping at LEGO.com or Amazon?

Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon

Recent discussions Categories Privacy Policy Brickset.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brickset.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, the Amazon.com.ca, Inc. Associates Program and the Amazon EU Associates Programme, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.