Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[USA] B&N 40% Off One Item

sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
edited December 2011 in Shopping USA/Canada
Used this coupon (and Barnes and Noble membership discount) today to get King's Castle (7946) for $57.78 after tax.
http://i39.tinypic.com/10gmlg4.jpg

Comments

• coolpixcoolpix Member Posts: 357
    edited December 2011
    A search does not bring this set at B&N... and if you go TOYS -> LEGO -> Kingdoms, there are only two sets. This is the end for this line.
  • cbaker1974cbaker1974 Member Posts: 150
    I used this coupon today to grab a couple of Queen Anne's Revenge and a Hagrid's Hut. This is probably one of the last chances to get some Harry Potter on discount at retail stores, pretty sure after the new year they will be gone.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    edited December 2011
    Good chance to get Harry Potter sets as well - if your LEGO store is all out. My Barnes and Noble stores still have Harry Potter displays with sets like the Express.

Queen Anne's Revenge, Ninjago Fire Temple, Republic Frigate, and Alien Conquest Earth Defense HQ can be had as well.

EDIT: (ninja'd by cbaker1974)
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    @sidersdd: Thanks for passing on the coupon link! I used it for my first B&N purchase ever, the last mint QAR they had on the shelf. Was hesitant to apply for the membership to get an extra 10% off, but starting to think it would be worth it hmm...
  • DavidRod8DavidRod8 Member Posts: 143
    Some stores won't let you do it because they don't consider Lego a gift but rather a toy... if they won't do it just go to a different one...
  • pcironepcirone Long Island, NYMember Posts: 346
    Worked in staten island, got a qar and robie.. stacked with 10% VIP too.
  • jadeirenejadeirene US, CaliforniaMember Posts: 475
    The coupon wasn't taken for LEGO at the Dublin, CA location. I still bought the Outpost Attack for full price since it's basically sold out everywhere else.
  • legoleppylegoleppy MarylandMember Posts: 76
    I'm just got back into the Lego game, do stores have their say in what sets they carry? I ask because I went to TRU to get some winter sets on BOGO %50 and would like to use this coupon for a winter set. However, I can't find any of the winter sets on B&N site. Am I out of luck?
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,329
    yep
  • BTHodgemanBTHodgeman Member Posts: 622
    Some stores won't let you do it because they don't consider Lego a gift but rather a toy... if they won't do it just go to a different one...
    Agreed. Also, if the LEGO item you are buying is in the "gift" section (i.e. City Advent Calendar), you have a strong argument for the store manager.

Brent

• brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    The B&N I went to accepted the coupon without hesitation. The store I went two has two different banks of registers, so I double-dipped. I got the last Hogwart's Castle and Alien Conquest Earth Defense HQ. $86 and $52 respectively. Great price for sets that are now really hard to find and retiring.
    ...wish my BN had two banks of registers :P
    ^^ Nice find on the Hogwarts Castle. I've been trying to find one myself. None in the area.
  • bor2112bor2112 FloridaMember Posts: 321
    @sidersdd: Thanks for passing on the coupon link. I bought the Castle as well. Woot! No problem using it either.
    There's a rumor (unconfirmed) that B&N will be having another 50% coupon/deal on Dec. 26. I plan to reserve some sets in-store, just-in-case. It worked well on Black Friday.
    No problems using the 40% off coupon tonight on the City Advent Calendar. The coupon plus a $13 gift card got me an $8 advent calendar :)

Brent
    Oh, save it for next year! I always buy one extra of each available calendar so the following year we are not all doing the same one. This year, for example, we are doing SW, this year's city, and last year's city. Next year will be great as we should have 4, providing two themes are produced again.
    @bor2112 - I always buy several of each year's City calendar. Last year, I got a handful at Target for $3.xx after Christmas.

Brent
    @BTHodgeman. Now you are just making me envious. I have not been able to find any! Sold out everywhere..forget $3.xx
    Oh, I know. This year, I'm not thinking I'll be so lucky. I haven't seen ANY at Target in about a month... much less any well after Christmas for 90% clearance...

Brent
    ^Yeah, I do not expect much in the way of clearance anywhere this year. Stores do not seem to have as much as in the past. Although the BN I was in was completely stocked!
  • avoiceoreasonavoiceoreason Member Posts: 224
    Thanks for the heads up! Used mine today to get the Robie House.
    Stopped by again today and got a millenium falcon for $75.59... Gotta love it!
    The B&N's I've been to never have Falcon's, but they have a TON of Republic Frigates. I wonder who orders these things?
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    I actually used one and got a Republic Frigate today. $68.78 with tax. At first, the register said that the coupon hadalready been used, then the clerk keyed it in manually and it was accepted. Is this something that normally has to be done with these coupons or did I just get lucky?
    ^^ I never saw a MF before today either, it was the only one. Garden City, NY store.
    @wagnerml2 I've used the coupon multiple times, without an issue.
    I have used this latest one 7 times now, there is no unique identifier on it.
    I have used mine several times... no problem stacking with the membership card... have gotten a couple of the QAR for $70 inc shipping... haven't seen any millennium falcons... all stores seem pretty uniform in stock... lots of it... but even though the stores are packed, nobody is even looking at the legos... hopefully this will be good news for us on Monday ;)
    I found a store with both a Falcon and a Hogwarts Castle. Problem is it's far away. However it's exactly where I'm going to be on Dec 26th. Let's hope they are truly doing another 50% off on that day.
  • kkskks Member Posts: 60
    I have used it twice, but there is a side to me that feels like it is wrong because I know they did not intend it to be used on LEGO or more than once, however it is a nice deal.
  • DatoDato Member Posts: 111
    I tried to stack this 40% coupon with the MasterCard $10 off $20 deal. No cigar. The cashier tried real hard (at least it seemed to me), but the system didn't allow him to combine them.

I'd like to score a QAR, but it's OOS at all the B&N around me.
  • giraffefrecklesgiraffefreckles Member Posts: 100
    Don't forget the Brickmaster sets! My B&N had very few LEGO boxes left (besides Architecture) but lots of Star Wars, Pirates, City, Ninjago, and Atlantis Brickmasters.
  • tommyboatommyboa Member Posts: 36
    Picked up 4865 last night no problems, Davenport IA. With a gift card it was free for me.
    Got onr more QAR this morning... running out of stores to visit ;)
    All the stores around here are running out of sets > $100 RRP. Today I got a White House and a Farnsworth House.
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,329
    @DavidRod8: What do you plan on doing with all those QAR's?
  • dsdg88dsdg88 Member Posts: 133
    The store I visited this morning wouldn't apply the coupon to a LEGO set since it didn't come from the gift section.
    I had better luck yesterday at a different B&N (which had a smaller selection).
    Anyone find a Clone Turbo Tank in their store?
    @sidersdd Nope - haven't seen a Turbo Tank at a B&N in awhile.
  • dsdg88dsdg88 Member Posts: 133
    According to "Find In-Store" there's one in my area, although I didn't see it on a shelf. However this was a B&N where the 40% off coupon was not accepted.
    Are you still anticipating a post-Christmas 50% off sale?
  • choob99choob99 Member Posts: 147
    If there is a 50% post christmas sale, will we need a coupon for it? or is it just 50% off all toys or something?
  • DatoDato Member Posts: 111
    I was buying two small sets, one $22.95 and the other $19.95, with my membership and a bunch of $10 off $20 MasterCard and 40% off coupons. I asked the cashier to do it in two separate transactions so that I could get the best discount for both sets. The nice lady said no worries, and just applied the membership discount, then used one of the $10 off $20 coupons twice in one single transaction! I ended up paying only $18.61! I don't think I could do any better any other way. This once again proves that the B&N checkout system has a lot of "play" for the cashier to manipulate. It all depends on if the cashier is willing to give it to you.
  • OnionButterOnionButter Member Posts: 15
    edited December 2011
    I picked up the Robie House and White House sets at the B&N in Augusta, ME. My wife grabbed the London Escape set -- also with coupon. They accepted the 40% off coupon without even flinching. Yippee!

This particular B&N had a pretty nice LEGO selection. Lots of architecture and Star Wars sets. Had some Kingdoms sets too.

- Chris
    The Black Friday 50% off required no coupon. Pick up one set, wait in line, pay, repeat.

I have no idea if there will be the same type of sale on Dec 26. Just rumors. Probably rumors from the same people who are hopeful there will be great deals at the LEGO store on Dec 26.
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    edited December 2011
    I purchased a QAR and Technic Bucket Truck yesterday in two separate transactions using a 40% coupon only. The resulting cost was about $110 for both (we have high sales taxes where I live); however, I am happy with my purchases. I feel like it was a much better deal than I've ever received at TRU.
    ^ nice - bucket truck. Haven't seen that at my stores.
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    ^ nice - bucket truck. Haven't seen that at my stores.
    It hasn't received a very good rating as a set, but hey...it's technic...gotta love it.
    I bought a Castle the other day, but was in that neighborhood today and stopped in. I scored the following:

Hogwarts Express
    QAR
    City Fire Station
    City Police Station
    Alien HQ
    PoC Cannibal

I just asked the cashier if I could use it for all and she said it is one time use but she would do separate transactions!
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    Hmmm, went to three B&N's yesterday without a hitch. Went back to one of them today and they didn't let me use the coupon. Guess it depends on who you get.