Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Visiting Billund

Comments

• yodalegoyodalego Member Posts: 6

I'm no good at Photoshop either...

• Niels_TNiels_T Member Posts: 42

Just an update from the bakery, and notice the date that the bakery was founded :-)

hkcrazy88
  • CoyotelilyCoyotelily God's Own County, UKMember Posts: 659
    Mouthwatering ! What's the voucher ?
  • alijoezacalijoezac UK, NottinghamMember Posts: 521
    Does anyone know what the transport options are from Billund Airport to LEGOLAND?  Can you simply walk?  It doesn't look far on Google.
  • dfurndfurn Member Posts: 191
    Oh gosh yes what's the voucher for?
    Hmm just did humonguz post and wanished, so short version

You get it at this tour

https://wwwsecure.lego.com/en-us/legohouse/presentation

dfurn
    That looks really interesting, wish it was on when we are there but unfortunately it's not!
  • ContrailsContrails Member Posts: 14
    edited March 2015
    alijoezac said:
    Does anyone know what the transport options are from Billund Airport to LEGOLAND?  Can you simply walk?  It doesn't look far on Google.
    There is a bus thats runs to the town. I cant remember exactly whether it is 43 or 44. Yes it is walkable. I was there last sunday and I walked from the city centre past legoland hotel, legoland and onwards to the airport. Total distance was under 4km or 2+ miles.  There is a walking/cycling track almost all the way to the airport. Legoland only opens on the 28th if I am not mistaken so do plan your trip acoordingly. I am sure you wouldnt want to miss it by a few days. I had a peak inside the park from the hotel entrance. There is a store with a 50% off sign outside it. Hopefully you'll snag some great deals. I am new here and so am not familiar with how to post pics. If not i could upload some
    alijoezac
  • papluhpapluh Member Posts: 52
    Not sure what interests you besides LEGO. In Billund there is not much of interest that was not yet mentioned. 
    But quite close (~25km) is a famous place of Jelling stones http://en.natmus.dk/museums/royal-jelling/ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jelling_stones  Although I read somewhere that the small free museum is being renovated for 2015 summer season, but can't find the dates now - check locally. It's 20 min by car or about an hour by bus, but for that you need to go to Vejle to change lines. Which might be worth a short stop by itself http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vejle 
    And then there lots more to see in Denmark, but with 3 days there is no time...
    Jenni
  • tedwardtedward CanadaMember Posts: 163
    I may be going by myself for a short trip and wanted to know what people thought of the Zleep Hotel and the Legoland Holiday Village. I am looking for cheap but decent accommodation that will allow me to sleep and store my luggage. Don't really need much more. Well... wifi would be nice. Any thoughts?
  • GoldJonoGoldJono Aberdeen, UKMember Posts: 213
    @tedward the zleep hotel is at the airport is that much further away from everywhere, I haven't stayed there myself but colleagues have and they weren't that impressed.  I have stayed in all the other hotels in Billund and they are all fine, I think my preferred one is the hotel propellen which is only 500m from Legoland.  The legaland hotel and svanen are good but they are both very much room dependent.  For example the park view rooms at the Legoland hotel are excellent and probably the best rooms in Billund but they get booked up very quickly and are very expensive, the other rooms at the legaland hotel are starting to look very tired and a bit dated.  In the summer most hotels have a buffet bbq in the evenings which are pretty good value.  I am actually in Billund at the moment staying at the hotel propellen, the netto in Billund is worth a visit as I have found servers polybags there yesterday, the local stores sometimes have Lego at half price, I guess they have to given that a lot of residents will have access to the Lego staff store.  I wouldnt go too over the top on the Lego house set I still have 6 spares left from last year.
    tedward
  • SammaelSammael Member Posts: 11
    edited April 2015
    If you have a half-day off while in Billund, I recommend visiting Ribe, the oldest town in Denmark: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ribe (founded in 8th century AD). Not sure if there is a direct bus line or if you'll have to switch buses, but it's worth seeing.

Other than that, if you know anyone who works at TLG, ask if they can take you into the Idea House. As far as I know, all employees have access and can take guests on tours, but photos are not allowed.
    tedward

Well as I wrote earlier in thread, I made quite a post that dissapeared, so I'll do it shorter this time :wink: 

But I was writing about the tour and that I did not notice visit to Idea House, so it was pleasant surprise, and we where allowed to take pictures, and what a nice trip.

Here some pictures from Idea House, sorry not the best lots of people and not a lot of time.

The Office
    Price list 1932
    Logo's time line (from Lego House Showroom)

The Duck

Other Wooden stuff

Some old plastic

2'nd molding machine bought by Lego

The patent

Learned some nice stuff, but what I realized on the tour was that Ole Kirk started in 1932 (Bakery 1929, 3 houses to the left of Ole house) but the Lego name first came in 1934, so some wooden toys out there, never born with Lego Logo :wink:

Hope U like this short version, had a blast of a day.

LostInTranslationLegoboyDaraghAdzbadboysidersddtedwardLego_Star
  • hkcrazy88hkcrazy88 USA/ItalyMember Posts: 163
    I feel kind of dumb asking this, but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. I know some Legoland Discovery Centers only allow adults in with children, is the Legoland in Billund the same? Or would my husband and I be allowed to go without children? On that note, would it be worth going without children? Thanks for any help anyone can give me! :)
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,823
    I got to visit the Idea House in February when I was in Billund for a recruitment workshop. Fascinating experience, although our time there was limited. It was very neat to get to see sets from my own childhood and sets from before my childhood. Most of the toys from after the transition to plastic toys are not even behind glass, so you get to see them up close and personal! In terms of more recent history they also have a room full of LEGO Star Wars with some of the 3:1 scale models they use for prototyping new minifigure elements.

My twin brother and I will be attending the LEGO Inside Tour the week of May 18th. Quite a big expense but for die-hard LEGO fans like us I'm sure it will be worth it. For those who have been on the tour before, how much time do you typically get to spend with the designers? That's one of the parts that interests me most. I was thrilled getting to meet some of the designers during the recruitment workshop and would love to connect with some of them again, as well as meet some of the designers I know about from interviews but have never gotten to meet in person.
    Ooooo we will be there when the insider tour is on - wish I could afford to do it! Oh well at least we should meet some more bricksetters whilst we are there 
    hkcrazy88 said:
    I feel kind of dumb asking this, but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. I know some Legoland Discovery Centers only allow adults in with children, is the Legoland in Billund the same? Or would my husband and I be allowed to go without children? On that note, would it be worth going without children? Thanks for any help anyone can give me! :)
    Adults can enter Legoland Billund without children. And IMO, it's worth it - at least once.
    hkcrazy88
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,519
    > how much time do you typically get to spend with the designers?

A lot. Mealtimes and evenings.
    AanchirLego_Star
  • hkcrazy88hkcrazy88 USA/ItalyMember Posts: 163
    Thank you @Sammael !! :)
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,047
    Can you go into Lalandia as a visitor? I've tried to find the info on their website, but the most I can glean is paying a small fortune to go swimming for a day. Can day visitors just go in for the shops and restaurants without paying to access the complex? Can you can pay and play the minigolf if you're not a resident?

Yup. We visited Lalandia after the Lego Fan Weekend last year, I got a tip that there was a shop there which sold set 40083 cheaply and it paid off. We walked around, went into shops, and so on. Pretty sure you can do minigolf, bowling, etc without paying for the aqua park pass.
    iso3200
    Excellent thanks. Doing a day trip this Saturday with my teenage son - looking for things to do without visiting Legoland.
    Is there good 3G or 4G signal coverage in and around Billund? I'm on o2 - I don't want to rely on google maps and GPS for our walks if it can't connect though. Any input from previous visitors appreciated.
    ^Anyone? Leaving early tomorrow!

Also, what's the score with the 100ml liquid restriction in cabin baggage? Does that apply to bottled water if I'm carrying one in my hand / jacket or is it just applicable to bags in case of leaks etc?
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,539
    You can't take larger bottles through security but if you buy it afterwards it's ok to take on board.
    ^^ Let us know how you get on @iso3200 we are going for the day on Monday
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,147
    edited May 2015
    @iso3200

http://www.ryanair.com/en/questions/carriage-of-liquids-in-cabin-baggage/

Note, your hand luggage max size 100ml bottles containing liquids creams etc must all fit inside a 20cm x 20cm clear plastic bag, think Tesco small food bag here with the top that clips together. Has to close. Definitely pre pack this bag and have it easily to hand when you approach security else they'll give you a really thin one to pack your stuff in then and there which can be awkward to say the least. It's scanned separately to your bag/case just as laptops usually are.

If you have water before security it's drink it or bin it I'm afraid.

You could try calling o2 (assuming you haven't already) and asking about international coverage with Billund postcodes to hand? It's a good idea to tell them you want to use data/phone there before you go.
    Thanks all. Will see how it all turns out tomorrow.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,519
    Phone and data reception were both excellent for me on Vodafone, IIRC. 
    Billund Trip Report May 2015
    (or things to do in Billund without visiting Legoland)

Thanks to those who chimed in before I went to Billund yesterday. I thought I'd write a quick summary of my own day - I have to agree with much of what is already written.

The Journey to Stansted
    Leaving my Kent address at 4.30am I thought I had bags of time to get our flight at 7.25, by arriving at Stansted for 5.30. Trying to join the A21 where I normally do we found it was closed off by the police due to an accident. I couldn't believe that our travel would be impeded at this hour, so we ended up with a diversion that added 10-15 mins before we could get back on fast road prior to joining the M25. We finally arrived around 5.45, parked in the mid stay and got the shuttle bus which took about another 5-6 minutes.

Stansted
    I've never been to Stansted. It was much busier than I anticipated - I guess being a Saturday I shouldn't have been surprised. Travelling with my teenage son, who has never flown before, we looked about to see where we needed to go, finished our drinks and headed through to security. This is where it all started to go a bit wrong. The security area was rammed. There were a LOT of people leaving this morning. The queues were very long indeed.

Top Tip: However long you think you need to get to the airport and through security - add more time!

To comply with the no more than 100ml liquid regulations going through security we'd both got a 200ml fruit shoot. We each drunk half of it and put it in our sealed bags. However, my son left his in his rucksack and went through before me, and I'd placed mine in the security boxes to be scanned. The nice lady removed it said it couldn't go through - although it was about 100ml, the container was 200ml. I hadn't read the small print I guess. After she put the rest of my stuff through all was fine. Of course at the other side of the conveyor, my son's bag had been stopped - and so had a few other people in front of him.

By this time, it was 6.30 - and the boarding gate was set to close at 6.55. I have a real thing about being late and I'm starting to get agitated by now, not to mention the thought of missing our flight completely. I appreciate that checks have to be done, but the security guy going over the two people in front of my son showed no sense of urgency at all.

Eventually he got to my son's bag. The offending liquid was removed, the drugs swabs and other scan was done and we were waved through. I asked the guard how far to the gates and said about 20 minutes to the furthest.

Top Tip: If you're not a regular flier, read and digest the airline and security regs thoroughly. Twice.

Time was ticking on, and we were both working up a sweat dashing though the airport heading to duty free. We looked at the flight info monitors. Nothing. Our flight number had no gate number showing. We didn't know where to go so we carried on walking through duty free and out towards the boarding gates.

Ryanair
    So our boarding pass clearly said the gate closes at 6.55, and we've got about 12 minutes to get there - yet we didn't actually know where we were going yet. I had very low expectations of Ryanair, and so far these expectations were being met. The lack of screen info was seriously annoying me, but it eventually popped up and away we went. I can't remember the gate number now but typical it was one of the furthest away. We had to dash. I was furious. I couldn't believe they'd shut a gate when they only give 10 minutes notice to get there.

When we eventually got to the gate, hot and bothered, there were no Ryanair staff on it. Worse then that - there was no plane either. Not looking good - and having to keep my son chippered up as he was a little bit worried about flying, I was expecting a challenging time. Fortunately after about 10 minutes the staff turned up and soon after, so did the plane. After it had been emptied of its passengers and bags we were let on at around our original departure time of 7.25

The turnaround was good and I think we departed about 7.50 in the end. The cabin was half empty and I didn't have anyone sit next to me. Ryanair can't have made much money out of this flight, though it looked like they were charging 5 Euros for a breakfast cup of coffee and a croissant/bagel thing. Very quick flight. Shortest I've ever been on around 1 hour 10 which was nice. Smooth no problems. Unfortunately we landed to a very grey and wet Billund Airport.

Billund Airport Arrivals
    Easy process - very small airport. Walked through to find two guys taking passports for entry to the country and that was it. Then through to baggage reclaim where we stopped to have a bit of packed lunch. Wet and grey, we could see no reason to rush so a warm seat seemed the best bet for a while. Free wifi in the airport, no sign up required. Just click accept and you're in - plus its very fast connection. We checked out google maps and planned what we were going to do in Billund on a Saturday, *without* visiting Legoland.

Buses
    As it was raining we decided to get the bus to Billund Town Centre. We planned our route using google maps - it actually tells you which buses to use and the times they run. As you go out of the airport there is a row diagonal parking spaces. These are the bus platforms of which I think there were 12. To the right of the platforms is a small taxi rank. There were 3 or 4 taxis ready to go. Inside the airport there is a list of which bus numbers go from which platforms. We had to get the number 44 at 11:02 from platform 9. Bang on time, it arrived. It was very busy but most of the people actually got off at Legoland. I asked two tickets for Billund Centre. He asked how old my son was and I said 15 and our ticket did show a reduce rate of him. I also asked for return tickets - though he seemed at pain to understand that request*. For the two of us, it cost about £3 to get to Billund Town Centre. It's not a long way, but raining and being unfamiliar it seemed the best option. I thought it was a fair price.

*Only later did I find out the driver sold us single tickets so can't advise return costs. A single I now know is an "Enkelbillet". A return should be a "returbillet"

EvilTwinDaraghkhmellymelcatwrangler
    Billund Town Centre
    Despite all the previous posts I thought we'd surely find something to do - but I can't stress enough, there really really isn't much there at all. Being wet and a bit windy just made the whole experience a little bit subdued as well. I think we covered it all in half an hour. We saw the new ideas house, which in reality is an uninteresting building site at the moment. It looks like it'll be a great place to visit in the future though. Nothing going on - guess they don't work on Saturdays. There's a little Lego history in the area such as the Kirk house and the attached building with historic sets in the windows for viewing.

Lots of houses and buildings in different styles. For instance there are a few houses then an ice cream parlour. Then a few more then a dentist. Then a few more then a supermarket. It's all a bit random and perfect for a "Lego" town. I mean, why wouldn't anyone build this way?

Popped into Netto hoping we might find some interesting polybags but nothing. The oddest thing that happened was while we walking towards Netto a motorcyclist came riding down the pavement at us. It seems the cycle/foot paths there are also used for small scooters. It was a bit of a surprise. At 11.50 we decided to go to Restaurant Billund for an early lunch (given we'd be up since 4am).

Top tip: Believe what previous visitors tell you. You're going to struggle for things to do in Billund itself.

Restaurant Billund
    We were the first people in, and during the hour and a bit we spent there 1 family and 2 couples came in, so nice and quiet when we went. Thumbs up for a free wifi connection, and they also sell the Lego house set, so we bought a couple of those.

Menu is mainly pizzas and typical grill options (they have a website with their menu on it if you want to check before going). My lad had a big pizza that he said was great and struggled to get through it all. I had half a fried chicken and chips, which came out with small salad and sauces. Drinks a bit pricey but I guess they always are in restaurants - I don't eat out much. Chicken and chips wasn't bad - though perhaps a bit salty and that came back to haunt me in the afternoon with a raging thirst. Overall fairly good value for what you get, but next time I think I'd go for a steak rather than chicken. The owner and staff were very friendly.

By now the rain was little more than fine drizzle. After using google translate to work out our bus ticket was a single and not a return. It was either do the sculpture park or head up to Lalandia to try and find something to do there. We plumped for the walk to Lalandia.

Lalandia
    It's about 25 minutes walk from the centre of Billund - I wasn't really counting. We passed by one of the Lego factories which was all shut up. Nobody seems to work on a Saturday. Some of the shops in Billund had already shut when we left the restaurant. The thing that struck me most about the area is that is has very straight roads, some quite wide, and hardly any traffic. The whole place seemed much like a ghost town. It's really weird.

It was raining a little harder by the time we got to Lalandia and lovely and warm inside. However very very busy. Quite the opposite from the ghost town we had left behind. We checked the shops for Lego bargains of which we found none, so bought more bottled waters (salty chicken!) and played mini golf on the 12 hole course. An hours golf cost us about £7 for the two of us. It was busy and to avoid the queue of people waiting to start on hole one, we skipped forward to hole 4 and played holes 1-3 at the end. 10 pin bowling is a good option as well, but that was even busier.

Lalandia back to Billund Airport
    Lalandia killed over an hour, and we decided to walk back to the airport from there as it was about 3pm. It's only 3 kilometres but my unfit frame was gaining achy legs by now and it seemed further than we thought. Much moaning ensued. During the walk we passed Legoland, which being a Saturday was absolutely heaving. Despite the damp day, many people had still turned out. The full car parks seemed to go on forever. It made me realise just how busy this place will be come August - when I'm next booked to go.

A few people have mentioned the Zleep hotel. We passed this on our walk - it's literally right next door to the airport - about 3 minutes away. It's perfect if you have to get an early morning flight as you can just wheel your luggage over - but quite a daily walk into town or to Legoland if you're staying a few days.

Billund Airport Departures
    Again, the nice small airport meant not too much hanging around. We went through security in no time at all to get to the Departure lounge, where of course we both headed to the Lego Shop to claim our prizes - a brace of #4000016 Billund Airport sets. Lets face it, this was the reason we'd planned a day trip to Denmark anyway :-)

The tower of airport sets in the shop was actually quite small now compared the pictures I'd seen of it. I went back and did a bit of probing. I asked if there were more available and she said yes. I asked if she thought they'd last until August but she said she wouldn't like to say. At a guess a lot will go to visitors during the May half term week, and a lot more at the end of July and August. If you're planning to visit just to get a few of this one, I wouldn't leave it too long. The limit of 3 at 399dk is very strict and enforced through the scanning of your boarding card. The 20% off spends over 500dk is still on - but that isn't applicable to the airport set or other discounted items. There was nothing there that I couldn't get here in the UK easily and cheaper with the exception of a few polybags by the till, which didn't interest me and were about £5 a pop.

Most of the other shops in the airport I merely browsed in, and I thought most things were expensive. I guess this is partly due to Danish prices, and partly because I'm a tight fisted miserable git who doesn't like spending money outside my own core interests and essentials. A 500ml bottle of still water is about 90p at Netto and Lalandia. Once past security the airport shops charge about £1.70 for one or two for £3, probably in line with Stansted though - we didn't have to browse in the morning!

Ryanair flight home
    Running on schedule. In fact landed a few minutes early - have to say quite a bump when he touched down and seemed to use the brakes very hard like a racing driver which was a little unnerving. I don't fly much so maybe it wasn't so out of the ordinary.

Stansted Arrivals
    Oh. Arrivals. Packed. UK border control had a massive queue. More waiting. Of course as I'd booked a Saturday flight I really should have expected this with a lot of home comers. If I was doing this trip on my own again I'd go for a weekday - perhaps that's a bit better. The e-passport queue was tiny though - would have been a much better option but unfortunately, it can't be used for under 18s so we had to ride out the queue.

Bus to car park and then drive back to Kent. Home at 10.20pm Am I exhausted? Having been up at 4am very much so. Was it worth it? I think it was. Had a good day with my boy doing something different and fairly spur of the moment (booked about 10 days in advance) plus we have our souvenirs :-)

EvilTwinDaraghkhmellymelcatwrangler
    Findings

Stansted - For the smaller of Londons airports, it's still a very busy place.

Ryanair - I had low expectations, and to be fair, there were no issues that couldn't have happened elsewhere. Happy to fly again. Be aware of the cabin bag size restriction, though I saw nobody get checked.

Billund town - nothing to do but pretty in a strange way. Very new. Clean. Despite being the home of Lego there seemed not to be many places selling it with the exception of the Lego House set.

The Danish - everyone we met and spoke to was friendly, and bus driver aside, knew very good English. Most people put my own education to shame when I heard them switching between English, French, Dutch, and German while dealing with tourists.

Phones
    I'm with o2 and made sure I had the travel bolt on enabled. It all hooked up with Telenor DK as soon we were there with a perfect 3G signal all the time we were there. 3G seemed quicker there - perhaps there aren't as many jamming the bandwidth.

If you're not visting Legoland Billund be aware you may end up with a day trip like this^

alijoezacLego_StarPate5346EvilTwinkhmellymelcatwrangler
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,539
    edited May 2015
    That's a very thorough write-up. Some good tips included. I think most people who visit Billund would intend to go in the park though as that is the main attraction.
    Did you not even go to the hotel? It's worth going to take pictures of the exterior and lobby areas.
    edited May 2015
    I'm staying at the Hotel in August so wanted to leave something to the imagination for now :)
  • silvrilysilvrily AustraliaMember Posts: 3
    Hi iso3200, great write up! I'm visiting in a few weeks and was hoping to have someone confirm whether the Billund Airport set can be purchased upon arrival into the airport? I'm arriving by plane, but departing by train, so I was hoping the shops are available to arrivals as well.
    ^ No, all of the shops are in the departure lounge. You can only get to them once you go through security for a leaving flight. You have to have a valid boarding pass to access the departure lounge, and your departure pass is also scanned in the Lego shop to validate your purchase.
    khmellymel
    We went for the day on Monday.  Stansted valet parking an excellent service. Ryanair punctual.  Billund Airport is one of the pleasantest I've been to.  Good bus service to LEGOLAND / Billund, about £2, though the walk is easy.  LEGOLAND was glorious in the sunshine.  The life size LEGO X-Wing, new this year, is a fabulous site.  Pirate boat ride is excellent. Town centre surprisingly good clothes shops too!  And the airport model collected on the return journey. Great day out!
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,234
    iso3200 said:
    ^ No, all of the shops are in the departure lounge. You can only get to them once you go through security for a leaving flight. You have to have a valid boarding pass to access the departure lounge, and your departure pass is also scanned in the Lego shop to validate your purchase.
    Thanks, I was wondering this as well because when I leave Billund it will be quite early in the morning!  You don't happen to know what hours the Lego shop in the airport operate, do you?
    ^ I was curious to know this and couldn't find the info on the airport website so I emailed them. They replied this morning. All the airport shops are open two hours prior to first departure so you should be good.

However, as I noted in my write up - don't expect any bargains at the airport. The only thing you'll likely want is #4000016 if still available.
    khmellymel
    Just got back so thought I'd sit down this afternoon and do a few pointers which may help visitors in the future, but I suspect we will be going back when the lego house is complete.

Will also try and answer any questions that I see on here between now and then so get asking.

• BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,303
    @Coyotelily is my new favourite person. 
    LostInTranslationCoyotelily
  • GuroooGurooo Member Posts: 268
    We just decided we're going to Billund in late July. Does anyone know what day of the week would be best to go? I think we will probably be going on a Friday and maybe also Saturday morning. I assume Saturdays are busy.

Would it be wise to choose another day? We're staying in Denmark for a week. 
  • GuroooGurooo Member Posts: 268
    I can answer my own question. I found this - July is red all over. 
    http://www.legoland.dk/en/Plan/Opening-hours/Queue-barometer/
  • TallprawnTallprawn West Mids, UKMember Posts: 5
    20% off purchases over DKK500 is still on in the Airport departures shop... There are still a reasonable amount of the exclusive airport sets left and a few other discounted sets in stock also... 75025 for DKK499 and 42025 for DKK799. 
  • Poisso3Poisso3 Member Posts: 196
    Gurooo said:
    I can answer my own question. I found this - July is red all over. 
    http://www.legoland.dk/en/Plan/Opening-hours/Queue-barometer/
    Thanks for the link. We will be there mid-August and I van see we can expect yellow days for our visit. 
    Arrived around lunch today to the park. Is there a pick a brick area other than the very limited section in the main shop? 
    No sorry poisso3 I didn't find another anywhere
    No sorry poisso3 I didn't find another anywhere
    After 2 days in the park, I hit every shop and area. I cant believe that Legoland Billund has a worse selection for bricks than the other locations. With that said, there were still people frantically trying to fill bags with the few bricks they did have in the bins.
  • iamterryiamterry Member Posts: 159
    I'm heading to legoland next saturday with my soon to be 5 year old son as an pre-birthday present (he has no idea!).  Doing it as a daytrip from stansted (bargain flights from ryanair).

Any tips / recommendations?  Would be nice to hear from anybody who's gone with a similar aged child. - I've already got a 2 for 1 voucher from ebay germany.

I take it the bus from the airport is pretty obvious?  

Are there any unique legoland items in the shop? 
    LostInTranslationkiki180703