Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

New white boba fett

Comments

• DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 859
    I definitely will. The one theme I'm super into is super heroes.
    SumoLegojohnhenz
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,341
    @SumoLego - I don't think they will... there really is no way to authenticate it. Anyone can make one with a keychain and a white boba fett polybag.

When it was released in 2011 as a promotional item, it was given out with an exclusive sticker sheet and was in a sealed plastic bag. Unfortunately, the sticker sheet can be bought on eBay for $50 sometimes.... and anyone can replicate the plastic bag!
    SumoLego
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,410
    I don't understand. Is it that easy to make a fake keychain?
    I have noticed that the keychains are made in China and are not the same as the minifigures in sets. For instance, my wife's Batgirl is not of the same quality as the one in the set.
    SumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,148
    You can pull the hardware from any other keychain, glue the torso, head, helmet and pants together.

Again, I believe this one is authentic.

Actually - can someone take a picture of the inside of the feet. I'm curious if the 'Lego' marking is there.
    I'm not selling it, and frankly the satisfaction of possessing every SW keychain makes it priceless to me.
    DrmnezBrickDancersamiam391Goldchains
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,664
    I ordered my copy for £4.99 :)
    I'm still waiting to see a pic of @B0SSK 's white rangefinder.
    DrmnezSumoLegoBumblepants
    Maybe he's waiting for a Bricklink order to arrive...

It's another white whale!

Anyway @Drmnez - if you could take a moment and look at the inside of the "feet' of the polybag White Boba Fett and post a photo, that would be very helpful.
    There's nothing inside the feet
    SumoLego
    That's good to hear - I don't have fabricated white feet.

GothamConstructionCoBumblepantsGoldchainsSumoLegobobabrickschuckpAdeelZubairoldtodd33
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited May 2015
    ^^ I feel like White Boba just shot Jar-Jar in the distance, and is now turning to us for a fist bump of approval,'See that? ONE shot. Oh yeah, Boba roooolz...'. :)
    SumoLegoricecakeGoldchainsVorpalRyuvitreolumbobabricksTheBigLegoskiBumblepantsstlux
  • steveomclsteveomcl Member Posts: 191
    Got mine today! Love it! All I need now is the 2015 slave one version boba! My favourite star wars character and mini figure! No white range finder! I smell bull**** on that one
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,994
    Amazon.co.uk is also selling the book for 5 pounds (4.99 to be exact) at the moment.  http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0241195810?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

• TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited May 2015
    My favorite part of the drama with @B0SSK not posting pics of his elusive white rangefinder is this:

http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/comment/353210/#Comment_353210
    SuperTrampVorpalRyuBumblepantsPitfall69
  • steveomclsteveomcl Member Posts: 191
    LOL! that white range finder leaving him speechless! 
    VorpalRyuPitfall69
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    edited May 2015
    ^^The least he could do is tweak a toothpick with needle-nose pliers, paint it white, and then take a fuzzy picture! It might buy some time.

Well, I'm off to see if my book came with a white range finder...
    VorpalRyu
    ^ Or just spray paint the gray one that came with the book...
    VorpalRyuSprinkleOtter
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    Just checked...I feel so short-changed. Mine only came with a gray range finder! Should I return it? :wink: 

On a more serious note, I do like the smaller book format. Anything to conserve space...
    VorpalRyu
    I'm holding out for the special edition gold rainbow rangefinder.
    Pitfall69VorpalRyuGalactusSprinkleOtter
  • addemlitaddemlit CaliforniaMember Posts: 118
    I hope I'm the guy that gets the one with the missing rangefinder. Well, maybe someone could've just swiped the white one out of it
    VorpalRyusnowhitieDoctorMcGann
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    I found one with a chrome Hoth rangefinder.  Beat that.
    VorpalRyuSumoLegoDoctorMcGannSprinkleOtter
  • TLGTLG Member Posts: 125
    edited May 2015
    The elusive white range finder is real:  
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/151096206832

The seller made a typo in saying "custom."

In other news, it is confirmed that the white range finder element will make an appearance in the next modular. 
    VorpalRyuSprinkleOtter
  • DoubleDDoubleD Oklahoma, USAMember Posts: 488
    I guess bossk is still waiting for his white range finder in the mail.
    VorpalRyuSprinkleOtter
    ^ Ooooooo....
    VorpalRyu
  • GalactusGalactus NLMember Posts: 255
    I heard they where putting 5 issues out with a white-gold Boba and rangefinder. So I guess the hunt for mister (white) gold is open, again.
    VorpalRyu
  • chuxtoyboxchuxtoybox Member Posts: 711
    I got my copy in the mail the other day. One thing I read a few people saying in the reviews on Amazon was that their copy of the book ripped apart very easily. Having the book in hand I can see why. Because of the cardboard housing the minifigure, the pages of the book are not even attached to the binding of the book.
     My thought was that instead of using that cardboard they could just cut a hole through all of the pages and the figure could sit inside of that so the book could be glued properly.  Of course the layout of the graphics would have to change to accommodate this.

^They do this with all the books. Why is this one any different?
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,520
    It's about 5cm thick.
    It makes me almost... want to buy the non-minifigure version of the book.
  • CommanderRaabCommanderRaab Edinburgh, ScotlandMember Posts: 630
    i just got my book. It came with a gold rangefinder :open_mouth: 
  • roxioroxio UKMember Posts: 1,349
    ^worthless, mine is chrome
  • CommanderRaabCommanderRaab Edinburgh, ScotlandMember Posts: 630
    sorry, I misstyped - a gold chrome rangefinder ;)
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,664
    Today my order of both 'LEGO Star Wars - The Visual Dictionary: Updated and Expanded' and the 'LEGO Star Wars - Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded' arrived!

LEGO Haul 130515
  • B0SSKB0SSK In the PubMember Posts: 175
    It seems your copy does not have the rare white rangefinder :)
    SumoLego
    So - does any one know where to get the Lego books without the minifigure inserts?

Already broke the binding on the new SW book.
  • KaitchKaitch N. IrelandMember Posts: 384
    So did the white rangefinder ever turn up? Seen references to it all over the forum...

Also, are there 2 white Bobas? One with a rounder head and red forehead mark, and one with a squarer head and no mark?
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 668
    Kaitch said:
    So did the white rangefinder ever turn up? Seen references to it all over the forum...

Also, are there 2 white Bobas? One with a rounder head and red forehead mark, and one with a squarer head and no mark?
    It's a running gag. The rangefinder hasn't been made in white, although it would have made sense with this figure.

There are two white Boba Fetts. The original one was a promo polybag. The new one is packaged with the book.
    VorpalRyuAstrobricksPitfall69madforLEGO
    And there is also an old-style white Boba Fett keychain.  
    Kaitch said:
    There was a former member that claimed to have had a white rangefinder.  We all knew he was in err, but he refused to admit it.  Thus, that reference re-occurs from time to time when someone makes an improbable claim.
    VorpalRyuAstrobricksdavetheoxygenmanFizyxSprinkleOtter
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,973
    @SumoLego, the Snopes of Brickset
    SumoLegodavetheoxygenmanPitfall69FizyxBaby_Yodasid3windrSprinkleOtter
    @SumoLego, the Snopes of Brickset
    It's also at the top of this page - so there's a lazy amount of research required to refresh the saga of @B0SSK.
    davetheoxygenmanSwitchfoot55gmonkey76Fizyx
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,003
    SumoLego said:

There was a former member that claimed to have had a white rangefinder. 
    It exists, I know as I have one. I also have an eye condition that means I have really bad colour perception. :-)

SumoLego
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,295
    edited July 2018
    ^^ What was it like living in the Great Rangefinder War of '015, Papa Pitfall?
    Bumblepantsgmonkey76Switchfoot55
  • UmandraugUmandraug Doomstadt, LatveriaMember Posts: 72
    edited July 2018
    I wonder if this will have any impact on the prices of white rangefinders when/if they actually do come out?
    SumoLego
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,512
    We can only hope the new Clone Wars season will require the rangefinder to be molded in white.
    SumoLegoBaby_Yoda
  • Gibbo1959Gibbo1959 Northumbria UKMember Posts: 364
    @Pitfall69 Can I just say that link took me down a very deep rabbit hole and wasted most of the extra hour I'd come in to the office for email catch up! Funny though!
    Bumblepantsbandit778SumoLegoBaby_Yoda