May the 4th (2015)

Comments

• LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,701
    edited April 2015
    @Benny - If somebody offered me two Ewok Villages in exchange for my Sandcrawler I'd still have to decline.  EV was such a boring build.  Sandcrawler.  You won't regret it.
    Benny
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,781
    ^Wait, wait, wait. You built something?!
    LegoboyPitfall69Ronyar
  • BennyBenny Carlisle, EnglandMember Posts: 28
    @Legoboy That was my concern. Cheers
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,701
    Seems like a such a long time ago now.  The last thing I built before I lost the use of my hands was half of the #10179 with my now deceased mum.  No, it's not been a great start to the year.  But.......I WILL get better and I WILL make more of an effort to take advantage of my hands when they're back up and running so next on the cards will be the Tumbler or if I have to wait a bit longer, the UCS Jar Jar in 2016.
    Pitfall69SumoLego
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,374
    Touche brother...Touche ;)
    LegoboyTheBigLegoskichuckpSumoLego
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,374
    I thought msybe you would come back at me with this ;) I know @legomatt would have :)
    legomatt
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    Lobot said:

It may be nothing, but I've just found this hidden in the May 4th Promo...

Is that a Slave 1 near the top left corner?
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    Legoboy said:
    @Benny - If somebody offered me two Ewok Villages in exchange for my Sandcrawler I'd still have to decline.  EV was such a boring build.  Sandcrawler.  You won't regret it.
    I decided to get the Sandcrawler a couple months ago...just waiting for the big day. I would have purchased it already, but apparently I can get a relatively unknown old-guy SW minifig polybag if I get it during the event. Who could pass that up?
  • CurvedRoadPlateCurvedRoadPlate Member Posts: 256
    I really hope they have some good US deals. I doubt we'll see another deal like the UCS B-Wing
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,438
    ^ just got an email from lego looks like all were getting is the fig and a poster
  • red237red237 Member Posts: 273
    Yoyo.com too, meh.

• Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    gmonkey76 said:
    ^ just got an email from lego looks like all were getting is the fig and a poster
    But look at the bright side. Those of us in North America get a 1 in 10 billion chance to win a Bat-Pod set. Oh that right...the rest of the world does too (excluding South Korea, of course).
    gmonkey76SumoLego
    O cheer up. Keychains and clocks will be 10% off probably ;)
    SumoLego
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited April 2015
    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong with this statement.  This year's May the 4th sale really sucks.
    Sethro3madforLEGOdougtsMathiasSumoLego
  • Final_SignFinal_Sign KentuckyMember Posts: 101
    The flier in the mail did mention "select items on sale" but the email and online event info do not mention any sale.  *keeping fingers crossed for a decent sale!
  • OUWxGuesserOUWxGuesser Member Posts: 92
    My interpretation of the flyer matches above-   the preview was seeing the items we already knew about, however, it DID mention select items being on sale. Just no sneak peak of the list. 
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,331
    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong with this statement.  This year's May the 4th sale really sucks.
    I do not think you are wrong, but even with some items on sale it likely would not be great. To be honest this could be a bit of blowback from people abusing the systems to get more than one figure in the US. Maybe LEGO think that since people want 10-15 of them so bad they will not discount their items and make people pay through the nose for the figure.
    I would rather see at least 10% off on the Cantina to make buying that, and another LEGO set to get to 75 USD, more palatable to justify getting the figure.
    Otherwise I'm seriously thinking about just buying what I want from Amazon and getting the figure on eBay for what will likely be 15 to 20 dollars.

• TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited April 2015
    It's possible I'm suffering from "exclusive minifigitis," but I think it's more a reaction to a character that most everyone responded with "who?"

I'll take a Hoth Han over this guy any day, and I don't want a Hoth Han.
    binaryeyecanon03SumoLego
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    I don't see people forking a lot of money out for this particular figure. I'm sure he will have a presence in the aftermarket, but to what degree I do not know. I wouldn't mind picking one up, but I am not going to bend over backwards to get him. (not that I'm a huge SW fan, but casual enough to want certain sets/figures).

With that said, I don't know if I can swing enough money this year to justify getting him.
    madforLEGO
    edited April 2015
    O cheer up. Keychains and clocks will be 10% off probably ;)
    You forgot to mention the ever popular "Legends of Chima" May the 4th sale. You all are a bunch of whiners! :wink: 
    SumoLego
  • koozkooz Connecticut, USAMember Posts: 158
    This offer will not get me to the store or website.  Wasted opportunity.
    Yeah, I was planning to go to the LEGO store this weekend anyway so likely will buy a Cantina and keychain or something to hit the mark to get the guy. The completion-ist in my still wants at least one though. Will need to look to see what lesser sets seem to have a good change of doing well EOL to get a couple of those to get the figure
  • steveomclsteveomcl Member Posts: 187
    Was hoping for 10% off the Slave! disappointing! Think I will pass on this Star Wars weekend.
  • B0SSKB0SSK In the PubMember Posts: 175
    Guys, in the UK, the death star is down to £249.99 !!!!   And the UCS tie is available today too.  I know I paid over the odds but to qualify for Yularen I bought the B wing and the recent stormtrooper battle pack (that makes 4 now that I own!!).    THank god the UCS Slave 1 is not reduced because I only bought one 10 days ago from the lego shop !   Happy shopping SW fans.  :D :) B)
  • MathiasMathias United StatesMember Posts: 94
    i have almost everything of Star Wars already. Don't have the t-16 or the wookie gunship. I could just buy 7 trooper packs and meet the min purchase price. Just not excited anything. 
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,519
    Very glad you're happy but couldn't you have just posted in one of the May the 4th threads rather than starting an unnecessary new one?
    ColoradoBricksplasmodiumTXLegoguyAdzbadboyPitfall69dougtsmadforLEGODrmneznatro220
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    edited May 2015
    Normally Australia follows the UK as far as sales go. Not this time, no 10% discount on anything. :(
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    Just tried checking out at 6:42 am PST on [email protected]

no Yularen was in my bag!

think they're sold out?!
    NVM. Subtotal has to be $75 or more.

(couldn't edit on my iPad...kinda funky.)
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,624
    I always wanted the R2-D2 key chain so now is my excuse, since I can get the free poster!
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,226
    I'm not too keen on this year's offerings, so I will pass.  Saves me money for Billund :)
  • edgarallanpoe1422edgarallanpoe1422 AustraliaMember Posts: 131
    For me, there are three SW sets on the market now that I feel are indispensable and that I simply can't afford not to pick up before they go EOL; UCS Slave 1, UCS Sandcrawler, and UCS TIE Fighter. I feel like it would be against my better judgement though to buy them at only 10%  off, seeing as better discounts are routinely available at department stores. I picked up three #70810 Sea Cows on a 'buy 2 get a 3rd free' deal at Myer, an effective 35% discount (with the extra 2% on the loyalty card). Unfortunately I believe the UCS Sandcrawler is a Big W exclusive in Australia, (albeit at a fixed 11% discount) though I'm hopeful that the other two are picked up by Myer or David Jones. Basta, I know that there's always a certain degree of latency between the general release and Australian retail availability especially for large sets, but are you aware of a UCS set failing to turn up here altogether? I only came out of my dark ages in 2011 and in that (albeit limited) time I can't think of anything.
    Not Star Wars but the Toy and Grocery Shop Creator set is on sale + 50 bonus VIP points. Not too shabby and lots of good parts.
  • SolariousSolarious Kalamazoo, MI, USAMember Posts: 317
    I was going to buy that too next month with the Winter Soldier promotion
    Guess I have to find another $40 worth of something to replace it
  • LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 283
    The T-16 is $19.99 and Microfigthers are at $7.99 in the USA (great if you are going to be army building), got two Homing Spider Droids (MF) one T-16 one AT-DP (the one from Rebels) and the Tie Advance Prototype. Yularen included plus a poster. So wish Lego would make a system set scale remake of the Tie Bomber.
    Not Star Wars but the Toy and Grocery Shop Creator set is on sale + 50 bonus VIP points. Not too shabby and lots of good parts.
    Saw that at the store, was tempted, as the Creator Bike shop is also on sale for 7199 USD in the store...again. One has to wonder if there is room for that bike shop to go lower still.
  • leetshoeleetshoe USAMember Posts: 252
    Went today and none of the big sets were on sale, just what was listed on the website. Saw the bike shop on sale for less than l got it for when it was on sale a while ago. Picked up the Death Star while l was there (always wanted it)
  • BennyBenny Carlisle, EnglandMember Posts: 28
    Got myself the Sandcrawler and a snow speeder (for building with the little one). 
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,300
    I bought 2 new Jurassic World sets and still got the free Star Wars poly figure. I didn't even buy any Star Wars sets.
    gmonkey76
  • QuentinBrickQuentinBrick STLMember Posts: 21
    I just bought damaged box sets of Star Wars and got the promo figure

ATAT boxes were 85.00
  • NickF22NickF22 United KingdomMember Posts: 408
    Is it 10% off until Monday 4th? Or until the 9th? (In the UK.) I'm trying to twist my own arm to get the X-wing...
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 939
    NickF22 said:
    Is it 10% off until Monday 4th? Or until the 9th? (In the UK.) I'm trying to twist my own arm to get the X-wing...

@NickF22 According to the flyer I received, it's the 9th.
    NickF22
  • 1x11x1 Member Posts: 122
    Does anyone know what the deal is with the posters? When I add an item to my basket the poster is added as well but it's always for episode 4. The little picture in the basket shows posters for all 6 films. How do you get the others? All the posters in the Brighton store yesterday were for episode 4 as well.
  • 1x11x1 Member Posts: 122
    Sorry I just saw this in the list of offers which answers my question. I wonder how they'll give the others away.

Free LEGO Star Wars Poster with any LEGO Star Wars purchase (one of six being made available between now and the release of the new movie).
  • NickF22NickF22 United KingdomMember Posts: 408
    According to the store manager I spoke to, the posters are one a month, free with any Star Wars purchase.
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,815
    edited May 2015
    Well I cracked and bought a UCS Tie Fighter after wandering past the Metrocentre's Lego shop today. I saw it in the flesh and liked it, but £170-worth? Not so sure. With Colonel Sanders in Imperial uniform I relented - he's probably worth not far off 15% of the set's value

I won't touch this until next weekend as I have 4 days in Berlin as of tomorrow morning. As I picked the box off the shelf, it felt disappointingly light for a £170 set, and the box itself is quite thin. Price per part or per Kg is probably quite poor.

• cavegodcavegod Member Posts: 806
    I thought the ucs tie box felt full and heavy, its the same size box as the imperial shuttle
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,815
    Maybe I was feeling strong today! :p It seemed noticeably lighter than the UCS Slave I.

It's a difficult set for me to justify on a "value for money" basis next to the Slave I which just looks so much more substantial when built (the 2 sets were on display together).

Admiral Yularen definitely clinched the sale, and the fact that TLG don't make UCS sets every other week (it's been a long time since the last set I bought to build).